TVR-RM World Championship. ( IN NEED OF NEW DRIVERS)

• Thread starter STEG-13
  • 852 comments
Just wondering how will team names/colours be decided?
Are we going with same team names/colours?
Will team leaders from last season choose before start of the season, or will it be decided after we know who are team mates are going to be so we can make a joint decsion.

Don't keep me waiting to long, I've got to pick out a matching racing suit and race helmet :lol:

Team name will be a joint decision however as a loyalty reward... :)

All season 1 drivers will be given the choice of team colour, providing they are in different teams.

I'm going to be rockin Midnight Purple this season ;)

Nice thread Steg 👍 Oh cool! I will check out some colours tonight :D I will go with some kind of red colour I think, will check exactly which later tonight.

Thanks Toffe ;) let me know when you have picked, Red is available.

Barn will be racing in Orange or Blue, first guy to pick, I will let you lot know what he has chosen soon but I think he is swaying towards blue.

Damage has been a big decision for me this time, can't decide.

What would you think of damage on heavy for a few of the easier tracks ?

I'm thinking Monza for example, I don't really think heavy damage would be a good idea on the longer tracks but at Monza I think it would add to the race.

No rush, but let me know what you think ;)

Hey Steg jumped over from the V8 S2 thread :), im not a quick driver by any means but I wouldnt mind giving the series a go..more then happy to be part of the series till you fill all the spaces then settle for a reserve spot too

Name: Culkin
PSN: Incredibleculk

Hey Steg jumped over from the V8 S2 thread :), im not a quick driver by any means but I wouldnt mind giving the series a go..more then happy to be part of the series till you fill all the spaces then settle for a reserve spot too

Would be great to have you race with us mate, you don't need to be fast, we just require people to be clean on track which I'm sure you are ;)

I will add your name to the drivers list bud,

Welcome to the series :)

Edit: I'm off out for a few hours, if anyone needs me I will get back to you when I get home

Last edited:
Would be great to have you race with us mate, you don't need to be fast, we just require people to be clean on track which I'm sure you are ;)

I will add your name to the drivers list bud,

Welcome to the series :)

Edit: I'm off out for a few hours, if anyone needs me I will get back to you when I get home

Cheers bud, if anyone wants to add me incase im online at the same time they are for testing, mock racing feel free :)

p.s not sure if its been taken but my TVR is a hidious lime green colour at the moment if its ok ill keep it, if its taken let me know ill fire it into the spray booth :lol:

Thanks Toffe ;) let me know when you have picked, Red is available.

Barn will be racing in Orange or Blue, first guy to pick, I will let you lot know what he has chosen soon but I think he is swaying towards blue.

Damage has been a big decision for me this time, can't decide.

What would you think of damage on heavy for a few of the easier tracks ?

I'm thinking Monza for example, I don't really think heavy damage would be a good idea on the longer tracks but at Monza I think it would add to the race.

No rush, but let me know what you think ;)

Damage - think that's a good idea, Monza, also Fuji has lots of run off.

Cheers bud, if anyone wants to add me incase im online at the same time they are for testing, mock racing feel free :)

p.s not sure if its been taken but my TVR is a hidious lime green colour at the moment if its ok ill keep it, if its taken let me know ill fire it into the spray booth :lol:

Hello mate, add you in a bit, running some laps at the moment.

I went for a red Rosso Scuderia colour (just love the Ferrari red hehe) combined with white Enkei RC-TC4 with the colour Maziora McKenley.

About damage, I agree, perhaps on some of the tracks with big runoffs heavy damage can be used.

I wouldn't mind damage on a couple of tracks as mentioned. Lot of people probably wanted PD to include a damage system, why not use it on a couple of tracks? everyone just needs to be a little more mindful of how they race, choose the right points to overtake, it's a little like real racing. We need a vote on this one.

Too risky in an event without heavy damage and you get hit, you mabye spin out at worst and mabye engine damage for about 10 seconds.. Max loss 25-30s for both or one of people involved, Heavy damage and you spin out same, then engine damage until you pit, say you do that at start of lap and it's halved your speed so at least a minute added on per lap including an extra 30 seconds for pitting

I see where you and jackargent are coming from - if someone brakes to late you could be taken out by no fault of your own. However I would hope that with heavy damage on people wouldn't try to take so many chances, like for example an extremely late breaking move. But they might do so I can see where your concerns lie. Lets wait and see what the others think.

I wouldn't mind damage on a couple of tracks as mentioned. Lot of people probably wanted PD to include a damage system, why not use it on a couple of tracks? everyone just needs to be a little more mindful of how they race, choose the right points to overtake, it's a little like real racing. We need a vote on this one.

I agree, if you know damage is on heavy you will not take the same risks as if it was on light. I think tracks like Nurb & Le Mans would be a bad choice for full damage because you could be out for ages before you get to pit.

Tracks like Monza however I think we should use it. I believe that all of us are more than capable of driving round without major incidents at the easier tracks and if not all you need to do is slow down.

If the first race we run with full damage is a disaster we will obviously not use it again, but I don't think it will be.

I will take a vote but so far (Steg, Barn, Sic, Jonzster, Haig & Toffe) are all up for heavy damage on selected tracks and R35 is the only solid no so far.

Jack, Culkin & KK, would you guys like to see heavy damage on some of the easier tracks (ones that see less incidents)?

Culkin I will add you to psn tonight mate ;)

Ran some laps earlier in the TVR on Nordschleife, great car and cockpit view is nice. It's also dam quick 👍

Ran some laps earlier in the TVR on Nordschleife, great car and cockpit view is nice. It's also dam quick 👍

I ran a few last night with Sic and Barn, got 205mph in a slipstream :)

You agree after testing that R Soft would be too easy ?

I ran a few last night with Sic and Barn, got 205mph in a slipstream :)

You agree after testing that R Soft would be too easy ?

Yeah good top speed 👍

Agree on the tyres mate, R hards aren't to bad at all. The medium will be a good tyre for the full race.

Should make for good action, no doubt some of you will be able to finish the race on the hards, but the guys who pit for mediums will be quicker for sure in the second stint. :)

I agree, if you know damage is on heavy you will not take the same risks as if it was on light. I think tracks like Nurb & Le Mans would be a bad choice for full damage because you could be out for ages before you get to pit.

Tracks like Monza however I think we should use it. I believe that all of us are more than capable of driving round without major incidents at the easier tracks and if not all you need to do is slow down.

If the first race we run with full damage is a disaster we will obviously not use it again, but I don't think it will be.

I will take a vote but so far (Steg, Barn, Sic, Jonzster, Haig & Toffe) are all up for heavy damage on selected tracks and R35 is the only solid no so far.

Jack, Culkin & KK, would you guys like to see heavy damage on some of the easier tracks (ones that see less incidents)?

Culkin I will add you to psn tonight mate ;)

Well it would add another challenge, something a bit different.

Being taken out by someone is a concern, but if this happens in a race with full damage on they would have to be severely penalised next race.

Yeah certainly jonzster, It is worrying that your race can be ruined by no fault of your own but then again, what would F1 be with no incidents and no unexpected pits to fix damage.

It's the boys from the Online Racing Bureau here on GTP that will be doing the stewarding, I have no concerns about the severity of punishments that will be handed out in the full damage races, or any other race they officiate. 👍

Yeah certainly jonzster, It is worrying that your race can be ruined by no fault of your own but then again, what would F1 be with no incidents and no unexpected pits to fix damage.

It's the boys from the Online Racing Bureau here on GTP that will be doing the stewarding, I have no concerns about the severity of punishments that will be handed out in the full damage races, or any other race they officiate. 👍

Yep the ORB will keep things in check, glad they are on board 👍

One thing to ask you actually jonzster,

To get the replays to the steward I just uploaded file to megaupload, they download and play on their ps.

As far as I know EU replays will not work on a US console and I'm not sure how many stewards in our region there are.

Worst case scenario would you stick a video on youtube of the incident for review?

If not I understand mate and it might not even come to that but just as a safety net would you do that if needed?

Latest Posts

Back