TVR-RM World Championship. ( IN NEED OF NEW DRIVERS)

• Thread starter STEG-13
  • 852 comments
Lads,, do you want the weather to be changeable for the pre-season team decider on Wednesday?

Lads,, do you want the weather to be changeable for the pre-season team decider on Wednesday?

Nah... personally, I think that for the team decider it would be best to not have changeable weather...

About practice, I'm reaching low 1'23.088 on hard as best, but usually high 1'23.xxx's, haven't tried the medium ones and not with the steering wheel yet..

Was thinking the same myself Toffe, especially because nobody will know the track.

How is your TVR feeling? You managed to sort out the under-steer?

With Spec II we should be able to have a hard and medium set-up and switch between them easily.

For me this will solve my problems 👍, well.. one of them :lol:

Was thinking the same myself Toffe, especially because nobody will know the track.

How is your TVR feeling? You managed to sort out the under-steer?

With Spec II we should be able to have a hard and medium set-up and switch between them easily.

For me this will solve my problems 👍, well.. one of them :lol:

Thanks for joining my lounge earlier Steg. Yeah, sort of solved the understeer, almost to the point that it feels too oversteery on hards :crazy: That part I have been focusing on with the settings are mainly the toe settings, using front -0.15 and back 0.00 right now, that helped reduce the understeer but of course more can be done.

Have anybody else noticed that it's harder to reach the times that one can set in time trail, in the online lounge with the same settings? Despite that I used the same settings for my lounge today when I was practicing a bit, as in the time trail (Grip reduction set to real) it felt impossible to reach the same low times in the lounge as in the time attack... Wonder why... :S

Off topic but still: Tomorrow is the F1 race on Suzuka, I have a strong feeling Vettel will take the crown, I hope he does, a free X2010 is always nice :sly: And Suzuka always delivers good races (still remembers the amazing 2005 race).

Have anybody else noticed that it's harder to reach the times that one can set in time trail, in the online lounge with the same settings? Despite that I used the same settings for my lounge today when I was practicing a bit, as in the time trail (Grip reduction set to real) it felt impossible to reach the same low times in the lounge as in the time attack... Wonder why... :S

Yeah noticed that too, had to double check the tyres.

Had a good race yesterday with R35 and couple of good races with Sic tonight. Getting the hang of the car now, still understeers but trail braking is the key for me to get the nose into the corner. Managed to nearly break into the 20's tonight on meds.

OT: Awesome GP yesterday, Vettle deserves the title this year no doubt. Button was fantastic as well, great win 👍

WOW :D

Just found out Spa will be available as DLC.

It also appears we will be getting new Touring cars as the DLC race cars.

Leaves a couple of obvious questions, will you guys all get the DLC?

Should we add SPA to the track list ?

The DLC will cost £10 all in, but to get the track "pack" is only about £3:50.

Let me know your thoughts as always 👍

Last edited:
WOW :D

Just found out Spa will be available as DLC.

It also appears we will be getting new Touring cars as the DLC race cars.

Leaves a couple of obvious questions, will you guys all get the DLC?

Should we add SPA to the track list ?

The DLC will cost £10 all in, but to get the track "pack" is only about £3:50.

Let me know your thoughts as always 👍
Yeah, I will get the whole all-in pack. I definitely think Spa should be included :D

If I am being 100% honest...

I would love to use Spa :D

I would also love to swap the TVR for this......

RX-7 by STEG-13, on Flickr

I understand it is very late for a switch of cars and not everyone will get the DLC.

This is just my opinion and would like to know what you guys think, Cheers Toffe ;)

I just noticed that the news post here on gtplanet.net about the spec 2.0 said that one can now adjust the slipstream strength... I had not heard about this fix before. Sometimes it's the small changes that makes online racers like us happy, isn't it? :D This will certainly make the racing even more realistic!

If I am being 100% honest...

I would love to use Spa :D

I would also love to swap the TVR for this......

RX-7 by STEG-13, on Flickr

I understand it is very late for a switch of cars and not everyone will get the DLC.

This is just my opinion and would like to know what you guys think, Cheers Toffe ;)

Putting up that picture of the RX-7 like that really tempts me... :embarrassed: It's such a cornering car! I was about to say that I think it's too late to change car now but... well, the RX-7 RM would be nice. But perhaps one should try it before deciding on changing cars? Who knows, perhaps it's just as understeery as the TVR RM? And now... I'm off to play GT5 Spec 2.0 :D

I love the RX-7 :D

I have nothing against the TVR at all, even the under-steer isn't too bad when tuned.

I think it's just because it's a new car that I want to use it.

I may even try and get two series running at the same time :rolleyes:

Yeah Toffe we will be using the "weak" slipstream option from now on 👍

Enjoy Spec II my friend ;)

I"ll get spa & would like to race there as long as everyone has it.if some don't have it we could always do a 1-off stand-alone race for those who do.

I"ll get spa & would like to race there as long as everyone has it.if some don't have it we could always do a 1-off stand-alone race for those who do.

Sounds like the best plan Jack 👍

It is too late to change the car, I will put the RX-7 in the season 3 pile :)

Spa - awesome, can't wait to race you boys on this track + weather will be amazing 👍

Been trying out the new Spec 2.0 update, standard cars that have open cockpits are the best for cockpit view, modelled interior albeit a bit basic is much better than just a black silhouette.
Skip back/forward in replays is going to help out big time for making the race replays. Slipstream adjustability and more control over weather conditions - couple more great additions that I'm sure will be made use of in Season 2 👍

Spa - awesome, can't wait to race you boys on this track + weather will be amazing 👍

Been trying out the new Spec 2.0 update, standard cars that have open cockpits are the best for cockpit view, modelled interior albeit a bit basic is much better than just a black silhouette.
Skip back/forward in replays is going to help out big time for making the race replays. Slipstream adjustability and more control over weather conditions - couple more great additions that I'm sure will be made use of in Season 2 👍

I did think of you when I saw the replay features :lol:

Weak slipstreams and weather will be used to full effect :D

Unless ofcourse Spain beat Scotland by more than 5 goals tonight, then you will never see or hear from me again 👍

Unless ofcourse Spain beat Scotland by more than 5 goals tonight, then you will never see or hear from me again 👍

And if you were to beat them we probs wouldn't be hearing from you for a while either....hic lol :cheers::cheers: Good luck bud 👍

Bad news, it looks like I have to pull out of this series. I got a new job and Im gonna be busy when the races take place. I hope this doesnt cause any problems

Bad news, it looks like I have to pull out of this series. I got a new job and Im gonna be busy when the races take place. I hope this doesnt cause any problems

Congratulations mate 👍

No problem at all, good luck with the new job ;)

Decision time lads, with KK and Torzilla pulling out today we are less than 24 hours away from the team decider, and we only have 13 racers.

We really need an even number, I will do my best to get some guys off my list to race but in all honesty I don't think most of them have the staying power to see out a full season so I have not asked these lads for this reason.

If you lot know of anybody either direct them here or tell them to get in-touch with me on PSN.

I don't want to but it looks like we may need to knock things back one week.

What do you guys think... ? :)

Back