UK Gran Turismo Party 6

• Thread starter Famine
  • 555 comments
Here were some of the highlights for me...:-
  • Meeting everyone again, and meeting Brett, John and Ashley for the first time
  • Watching the cabaret singer, Ivona Tinkle, and her wireless microphone antics
  • Not having my hotel room invaded by a Cracked Spiderman-impersonator
  • Meeting 'Philip', the friendly milk and OJ filler-upper
  • Synchronised BMW driving display team
  • Winning a Bubble Gun/face cooler

Highlights (Racing):-
  • The Clio Endurance - a photo finish (for 2nd place) between daan/Spec and Roo/Mars with the "daan Turismo" team pipping us to the post by half a car length (after a one hour race) :eek:
  • Three-way battle at Le Sarthe - watched a classic tussle between vexd, Ashley and Famine as they raced in the TVR Series. :bowdown:
  • Super-close races:- wheel-to-wheel with Famine in an identical Clio at Tokyo, against vexd's SuperBee at Grand Valley East, Vanquished by an RUF at Fuji (was that daan's RUF?), and pipping daan to the post at the High Speed Ring in the JGTC series. :cool:
  • My favourite race to take part in: the JGTC series race at Motegi v Race Idiot. Wheel-to-wheel for the whole 5 laps, we hit each other accidentally once or twice, but RI very sportingly conceded 1st place to me after a slight nudge - however, RI managed to retake the lead soon after and he went on to win after a superb, clean race. 👍

I too am really looking forward to reading Famine's write-up of the results etc... , but if you take a look at the last ones (on the UKGTPV thread here and here) you'll appreciate how long it takes to do it!

Watching the photo's, it makes me regret that I missed it. :ouch: It looks like you guys had fun.
Maybe newt time. The only 2 problems; I sold my DFP and my PS2. The only thing I have left is my memory card and my GT4 copy. Second problem; my English, no, my dutch accent while speaking English. I think it sounds stupid.
AND I haven't played GT4 in ages. I can't even remember the layout of most of the tracks. Garanteed 6th place overall.

Man, i wish i could come sometime, but i don't have the money to make such a long trip.
Maybe in a couple of years, when we're all playing GT on a ps3, when i have my driving license and a car that can actually travel that far :)

Man, i wish i could come sometime, but i don't have the money to make such a long trip.
Maybe in a couple of years, when we're all playing GT on a ps3, when i have my driving license and a car that can actually travel that far :)
Dustdriver. Don't worry, I'll give you a lift if we should decide to go next year. If I'm still around. :nervous:

The only 2 problems; I sold my DFP and my PS2. The only thing I have left is my memory card and my GT4 copy.

Not a problem - we only need 7, and we've enough participants to rustle 7 up.

Though next time I might see if I can hook in a second DVD recorder, so we'll need 8.

Second problem; my English, no, my dutch accent while speaking English. I think it sounds stupid.

We have 2 Scots. Stupid accents aren't a problem either.

AND I haven't played GT4 in ages. I can't even remember the layout of most of the tracks. Garanteed 6th place overall.

Really not a problem at all then... :D

Yeah kikie don't worry, i took only a couple of pads, a copy of GT4, some headphones and a 4way, and the only stuff that got used was the GT4 and headphones. There were enough people to cover the consoles and tvs.

And as for you getting 6th in every race, that'll be great: you'll be giving me some one to compete with :D When Famine posts the results (chop chop fam) you'll see general 5/6th places for me all weekend. It doesn't matter though it's all about having fun and that i did 👍

Looks like you guys had some serious fun, I bet you guys did nothing but drinking :lol:

I can see TheCracker standing still with the brakes on there in the 350C, he surely must have been drinking too much :lol:

BTW: What's standing there on your T-shirt Famine? "I am..."?

Well think I'm gonna have to trot along to the next one after reading Ash's comments about it for the best part of an hour over MSN.

Looks like you guys had some serious fun.
👍

Do I still owe someone for Ashley.'s entry fee?

Glad to see everyone had fun, still very jealous I missed out! Only got 6% of GT4 to complete now for a 100% A-spec game, then I can concentrate on getting a LAN together over here! :D

Vanquished by an RUF at Fuji (was that daan's RUF?)

'fraid not. I take the blame for that one... :D

AND I haven't played GT4 in ages.

Neither had I, and I won the first race of the weekend (followed by a 5th, 5th, 6th and 6th :sly:)

Bee
Well think I'm gonna have to trot along to the next one after reading Ash's comments about it for the best part of an hour over MSN.

Heh... and we drove past Brackley, on the A43.

Do I still owe someone for Ashley.'s entry fee?

Nope, we covered it.

I don't see an Atom in any of the photo's??:dopey:

I'd forgotton about that.

Nice photos, John!

I'm adding stuff to the results/photo thread as I go along - I had originally intended to post it, then lock and delete it so no-one could see it (except Mars and daan, obviously), but my connection went down right as I posted the damn thing!

Anyway, series 1 now illustrated...

Just been confirmed that I will make it the next time we meet up, 100%. Unless, with our luck, something dramatic pops up again.

The only way to convince my parents for me to come was for everyone to drive up and spend the weekend away, with only Dad coming with me to the actual meeting. He still doesn't completely trust you guys (:D). I hope that should be a problem... I would prefer to be on my own, but I doubt I can convince them any further. I guess it'll keep me in check from being up to any trouble anyway. :lol:

I know it's a bit early to start talking about it, but if UKGTP7 is held on the second May Bank Holiday, then I can't go. The first Bank Holiday weekend should be fine for me though.

Hope that's enough advance warning :)

Hope you can make it, G.T!

Man, I would've stuck out like a sore thumb in that troop! :dopey:

Me too... they're all thin! :nervous:

But honestly, I think it'd be great if you could make it. Someone who actually speaks normal-unaccented English would make it better for me to understand everything :lol:

Roo
I know it's a bit early to start talking about it, but if UKGTP7 is held on the second May Bank Holiday, then I can't go. The first Bank Holiday weekend should be fine for me though.

The first one being in May as well? If so, May sounds tempting.

I could help too then RebRum. I speak proper English, ie No Yorkshire accent, Cockney, or general ignorance of the English language.

PS: What happened to the Results thread, I thought it was in the Local Gatherings bit?

I've hidden it from view temporarily, so I can add things to it and none of the detail is missed...

Roo
UKGTP7 is held on the second May Bank Holiday,
Bank Holiday?? What's that.

Did 4 laps on the ring today irl (€ 56 for 4 laps). It's only 2h 30m from my place. The GT4 version differs more than I thought from the real thing. One advantage though, I had a lot of practice on the GT4 ring that I recognized about 99% irl. :D
If somebody is interested, I would gladly take you to the ring. But then we have to meet at my place and go from there.

Was Famine walking around with a Dictaphone all weekend or something!?

College > Sixth Form

Dictaphone? He doesn't need one ;)

Yeah, I know, but I'm lazy and can't be bothered to get used to somewhere else. I like my school (apart from the cafeteria, but Tesco is around the corner for that), and all the subjects I want to take have ample resources. I'm still deciding while I can, really.

DD: From what I've observed, it's usually somewhere with small acommodations near by. Those seem to get filled up quickly, but there's always a travel inn/lodge within a couple of miles of where-ever you are in the UK.

DD: From what I've observed, it's usually somewhere with small acommodations near by. Those seem to get filled up quickly, but there's always a travel inn/lodge within a couple of miles of where-ever you are in the UK.

There are a crapload of hotels in newark on trent oddly. And I booked the day before the event which wasn't too clever.

That was fun! Again! Good to see the same old faces, and some young ones!

You can't beat racing against humans with real intelligence (some of the time!)

I've got 474(!) photos from this, Duxford, Beaulieu, Haynes and Donnington. I'll post 'em all later. I've also got a video of vexd doing what he does best...

Back