UK Gran Turismo Party 6

• Thread starter Famine
  • 555 comments
Slightly off topic here but are there are members near York. I've got a training course there soon but I've got to go by myself. Wondered if anyone wanted to meet up while I'm there.

I've got to go to this address Halifax Way, Pocklington, York YO42 1NP

Id like to thank everyone for coming, EXelero for getting the venue sorted out, and Famine for organising us rowdy lot of course.

Im dubious as to what video will surface regarding myself, but im sure i will find out soon enough.

A couple of things:

if Kikie wants to show us all the way to the nurb, then we might be arriving at your door sooner than you think Kikie!

If i host another UKGTP, TVR and Ferrari fan is banned.

Making comments and assumptions on our driving standards and assuming yours are higher is unacceptable as far as im concerned, especially when i can blow my own trumpet (amongst other earstwhile activities) and honestly say that i have never ever in the 8 years i have been playing this game ever ever met anyone irl that can beat me if i try, on an even field.

That is not meant to offend anyone who attended, as i was beaten fair and square by many of you over the course of the weekend, and im glad for that.

but given even cars and even laps, and even rules, i havent, and thats fact.

sorry, but he's got my back up; reading the thread.

anyway, thanx to all once again for a great weekend, with some top people turning up, and some great noobs joining in for the first time.
I bet we werent what a few of you expected, and the prizes were a little less formal than you may have had in mind (thanx to EXelero for those) but its still apparent that you all enjoyed yourselves, and thats what UKGTP's are all about.
Just think yourselves lucky that Mr P. wasnt there.
Off saving Scoffem i spect.

I'll check out for now, but will have another look in soon, to read the backlash, Kikie im on my way!

👎:grumpy:TVR

Well done to Ash for turning up, Roo for helping him do that, Bite for her lack of patience, Spec for the drink, :cheers:mate, DonBenni for the absolutely flawless second stint in the Clio, Brett for attending, and everyone else for helping this scene grow in the UK. Lets hope the advent of PS3 and GT5/HD/Vision only helps to bring more to the party.

Dont forget what i said guys, more ideas for getting more punters, and race ideas so famine can actually relax and enjoy one of these events in the future.

Cool
:irked:👍

if Kikie wants to show us all the way to the nurb, then we might be arriving at your door sooner than you think Kikie!

Oddly, I was thinking of a GTP Run to the 'Ring the other day. I'm trying to organise a trip with my Mini club for next year, and if that goes well, I'll give a GTP trip a go for 2008. Unfortunately the year's calander for the Nurb isn't released until late Feburary, which'll make things a bit rushed, but never mind. I'm guessing the cost will be around £4-500, plus the laps you choose to do.

This is still hypothetical, remember; if the Mini trip works, I'll start a thread for interest. And that's at least 10 months away.

Prehaps I should stop hi-jacking this thread...

Any ideas on what's happening for Smallhorses visit - will it be an actual LAN, something like UKGTP6.5, or just a small gathering?

Making comments and assumptions on our driving standards and assuming yours are higher is unacceptable as far as im concerned, especially when i can blow my own trumpet (amongst other earstwhile activities) and honestly say that i have never ever in the 8 years i have been playing this game ever ever met anyone irl that can beat me if i try, on an even field.

You know thats only because if i unleash my true GT4 abilities i will beat you all so bad it would make the whole lan thing not as much fun :lol: See i was thinking about you guys :sly:

As for the drink, no problems. Mines a pint of Jack Daniels next time though 👍

As for what we all talked about in the pub on the sunday evening, i got a few ideas. Maybe some mini tournaments on other games waiting for there go on GT4. Things like a footy game tournament or a game such as black where each person can try and complete one level in the quickest time possible etc etc. Hell i even got a game where you blow up fireworks which could make for some interesting tournaments! Or maybe get a people to bring some PC's and get a LAN game of Quake 3 Arena (an oldie but a goodie!) on the go. As far as extra GT4 games are concerned...........i think a 24 hour race has got to be done although i think we came up with the problem only being able to select 50 laps.

ill keep the brain ticking over and make a note of all things that could be usefull.

Spec....

Can you do a lan with RD2/3? Because that would be pretty fun I recon with all the damage and such. Also bathurst.

Also i'd kill to be able to run the ring in real life so badly it's just all the prep stuff that i'd have to do to my car i'd be worried about because it's not that great a car to work on.

I did actually bring Pes6 with me to the thing but I never asked anyone if they wanted to play.

Id like to thank everyone for coming, EXelero for getting the venue sorted out, and Famine for organising us rowdy lot of course.

Im dubious as to what video will surface regarding myself, but im sure i will find out soon enough.

A couple of things:

If i host another UKGTP, TVR and Ferrari fan is banned.

That is not meant to offend anyone who attended, as i was beaten fair and square by many of you over the course of the weekend, and im glad for that.

but given even cars and even laps, and even rules, i havent, and thats fact.

sorry, but he's got my back up; reading the thread.

anyway, thanx to all once again for a great weekend, with some top people turning up, and some great noobs joining in for the first time.
I bet we werent what a few of you expected, and the prizes were a little less formal than you may have had in mind (thanx to EXelero for those) but its still apparent that you all enjoyed yourselves, and thats what UKGTP's are all about.
Just think yourselves lucky that Mr P. wasnt there.
Off saving Scoffem i spect.

I'll check out for now, but will have another look in soon, to read the backlash, Kikie im on my way!

👎:grumpy:TVR

Well done to Ash for turning up, Roo for helping him do that, Bite for her lack of patience, Spec for the drink, :cheers:mate, DonBenni for the absolutely flawless second stint in the Clio, Brett for attending, and everyone else for helping this scene grow in the UK. Lets hope the advent of PS3 and GT5/HD/Vision only helps to bring more to the party.

Dont forget what i said guys, more ideas for getting more punters, and race ideas so famine can actually relax and enjoy one of these events in the future.

Cool
:irked:👍

VEXD
Why am I Evil Dave?

:lol:

You know me - I'm never happier than when I'm organising... :D

I have to say - with no offence intended to Kevin, Paul, Barry, Mike, Banjobear, sukerkin, Smallhorses, VB, Graham, Ron, Kelly and anyone else who I've forgotten - every single UKGTP event is more enjoyable than the last. It's not even just the racing either, but the whole banter around it.

LANs >>>> all.

Even with the extreme tiredness of having to be at work the same day I arrive home...

He made vexd vexed - he wasn't happy with TVR&FF's comments about showing us how to drive the TVR in GT4.

I worked it out fairly quickly myself - 1st gear, find a wide piece of track, and do donuts until the race finishes. I was spinning every other 2nd gear corner anyway, so why not have some fun? It was a case of "power down, back steps out, catch the slide and spin the other way" or record lap times 5 seconds slower than anyone else and frankly I was bored of the damn things. Which is why I said they suck, although the original comment was very tongue-in-cheek.

Suffice to say I didn't like the TVRs much.

Roo
He made vexd vexed - he wasn't happy with TVR&FF's comments about showing us how to drive the TVR in GT4.

I worked it out fairly quickly myself - 1st gear, find a wide piece of track, and do donuts until the race finishes. I was spinning every other 2nd gear corner anyway, so why not have some fun? It was a case of "power down, back steps out, catch the slide and spin the other way" or record lap times 5 seconds slower than anyone else and frankly I was bored of the damn things. Which is why I said they suck, although the original comment was very tongue-in-cheek.

Suffice to say I didn't like the TVRs much.

Blame daan - it was his idea.

Personally I loved them. Though I would, as I'm a nutter. Just be grateful I didn't stuff the Speed 12 in place of the V8S... :D

I can only assume that vexd was participating in something akin to the Saleen S7 "Demolition Derby" that we did at UKGTP V!!!!

I would definatley be up for a Nurburgring outing. Especially if it was going by Roo's date of 2008, i will be driving by then so that would be perfect.

This is where I live. If you can make till here, we can drive up to the ring from there.

I live in a place called MOL. See map.

Ah, I didn't think even vexd could skid around the 'Ring as much as that! Using the DFP on the Ice Arena? Barmy!

Look forward to seeing the pics as well.

@ kikie
I've added my town to the map :)
mapbelgiummagellanmediulw5.jpg

How far is it from Dilsen to Mol? Around 40km?

56 km if you take the shortest route via Overpelt :)

or 12km to the highway E314 in Maasmechelen

I would definatley be up for a Nurburgring outing. Especially if it was going by Roo's date of 2008, i will be driving by then so that would be perfect.
Winning the lottery would help aswell ;) That or inheriting a huge fortune.

Winning the lottery would help aswell ;) That or inheriting a huge fortune.
Why, going to the nurb ring isn't that expensive. I don't ask to give me gas money, if someone should go along with me. It's free from my place to ring and back.

Why, going to the nurb ring isn't that expensive. I don't ask to give me gas money, if someone should go along with me. It's free from my place to ring and back.
I think he means that actually getting to Belgium from the UK isn't that cheap for a youngster...

G.T
I think he means that actually getting to Belgium from the UK isn't that cheap for a youngster...
yep, I know, that's why I want to help out where I can. Every car nut should have driven on the ring once in his life. I'm sure that if you've driven the real thing, your lap times in GT4 will improve. It's easier to find the ideal racing line irl than in GT4.

Back