UKGTP7 Results & Photos Thread

• Thread starter Famine
  • 313 comments
Still off topic, the game you were running on your PC (new Nurb -> Old nurb), was that RFactor (the on that VEXD ran a couple of times) ?

Yes, it was.

Bert also had a go in the BMW F1 in Live for Speed too.

Roo
Since I got back from Newark, I've been having another go at the license tests - 77 golds, 3 to go!
I was bored with GT4, but I've just started a new game from scratch. I've golded all the National B licenses so far (Including the 2 rally ones, and I've never golded a rally license before, evAr. So either I'm now a rallying God, or the G25 rocks! Place your bets...)

Yes, it was.

Bert also had a go in the BMW F1 in Live for Speed too.

I was bored with GT4, but I've just started a new game from scratch. I've golded all the National B licenses so far (Including the 2 rally ones, and I've never golded a rally license before, evAr. So either I'm now a rallying God, or the G25 rocks! Place your bets...)

although a VERY skilled driver Daan, and in no positition to have my comments taken seriously. Basing my reply on the knowledge of your extremly smooth driving skill, i would expect it not so suit rallying and say it was the G25!!!!!

*smirks then runs to hide*

I'm finding the G25 to be a treasure 👍.

I've just 200 A-Specc'd the 4hr Nurburgring Enduro with it (driving a black-oil TVR V8S) and it was a pleasure to be able to feel my way into braking and hold a given pressure. It made certain corners more manageable and also served to show me just how much I must've been locking my brakes up with the DFP :eek:!

although a VERY skilled driver Daan, and in no positition to have my comments taken seriously. Basing my reply on the knowledge of your extremly smooth driving skill, i would expect it not so suit rallying and say it was the G25!!!!!

*smirks then runs to hide*
No need to run and hide. I agree with you.

Sounds and looks like all of you had a great time, I would love to join one of these things. Too bad I live so far away, maybe you can have the next one in NZ. :sly: :D

You all are a very friendly and generous bunch too, giving away premium so no one is left out. That is what makes this such a great community. 👍

Also +rep to you Famine for the great organisation and detail of the first posts.

Famine, if you are having trouble catching a spin, there's a simple way to improve your mad skillz yo! and thats with the following VEXD method:
Select peugeot 205 rally car (either shape) then select chamonix, (or do it the other way round, as the game suggests) and drive for one hour.
Alternatively, select the rally impreza with the black headlight surrounds and drive round a dirt track, using the wheel to take hairpin bends sideways, like the el capitan course, the names escape me...
You should find this improves your ability to judge and catch a slide on tarmac.

And my final question: whats with the message under your username?

:irked:👍

We seem to be somewhat involved in a love triangle. Actually, its more of a love square... 💡

Famine, if you are having trouble catching a spin, there's a simple way to improve your mad skillz yo! and thats with the following VEXD method:
Select peugeot 205 rally car (either shape) then select chamonix, (or do it the other way round, as the game suggests) and drive for one hour.
Alternatively, select the rally impreza with the black headlight surrounds and drive round a dirt track, using the wheel to take hairpin bends sideways, like the el capitan course, the names escape me...
You should find this improves your ability to judge and catch a slide on tarmac.

I'm getting better already - I seem to have a weird feeder technique for catching drifts now which takes quite some describing. I owe it all to B13 and B16...

:irked:👍

Milf has it right - you'll need to enquire of Sarebear...

Edit: Check post#2... The first video of the write-up :)

Let no one steal....

famineye6.jpg

Indeed, another chance shot... I was half-toying with the idea of replacing the word 'dreams' with 'beer', but thought EXelero might have given me a row...

I was surprised to find this photo on my camera, it looks like it was staged but in actual fact it was a chance catch, and Famine just happens to be looking straight into my camera at the time.

If it were ben in the pic, "beer" would've been appropriate. but i never saw Famine drinking anything stronger than tap water.....

It looks like hes posed for a catalogue shot!

Love the Beat vid!
Love the Beat!

Should've been yellow tho! The Beats we were racing in, were only done in red and yellow in that year!!!

Plus yellow is the only way to go!

:)
Seems a good square when it involves 3 gorgeous guys and little old me......
Actually, its not really a square either as we're all different sizes. We'd be best described as a quadrilateral.

Too bad I live so far away, maybe you can have the next one in NZ. :sly: :D
:D

Seeing that daan said he hadn't golded any of the rally licences before, as I have 80 golds does that make me a better GT4'erer (er, ok) than a mod? :sly:

Great report/write-up Famine, really made me feel like I was at UKGTP7 (which I clearly wasn't).

Whoever took the bowling photos should be shot though - I can barely see them, even with brightness and constrast cranked up to max on my monitor :|

:D

Seeing that daan said he hadn't golded any of the rally licences before, as I have 80 golds does that make me a better GT4'erer (er, ok) than a mod? :sly:

Great report/write-up Famine, really made me feel like I was at UKGTP7 (which I clearly wasn't).

Whoever took the bowling photos should be shot though - I can barely see them, even with brightness and constrast cranked up to max on my monitor :|

All the photos in the first three posts were taken by me. I've learned not to use a flash when taking action shots of sports...

Besides, I turned them all up in Photoshop to be visible on my laptop and monitor. Get a better monitor... :D

Although it was pretty dark in the bowling hall, to be honest.

I have a feeling that if we'd gotten really drunk in there, my foolproof drunk test wouldn't had worked.

Oh and Sharky, I've got 19 golds on licence tests, yet I managed to beat Vexd, Famine and daan.... once.

Finally got around to posting some more pix up for you all:

Chris looks pleased after cracking one of his Famous puns - James isn't so impressed

Ben and Diego think def - i think more like deaf. Chris takes some liquid refreshment

First event of the weekend, Nigel and Rob with the 'Ruf' birds inbetween

Caretaker/Spy Mark

Ben's laid back style leads him to one of GVE's gravel traps!

"I have a dream..."

He thinks 'Jack' - he looks more 'Chloe'

Bert has the Nurburgring on his mind

Generic Nick-with-his-tongue-out-whilst-cornering shots

Sunday afternoon and everyone starts to flag a little

Enduro winnaz!

wow, that's hilarious... Ben and I waving gang signs like we're some far fledged members of the Wu-Tang Clan... we're not even in A Tribe called Quest!

:lol: ...superb pictures! That one of Roo is great (is that Martin Roo-ther King?), as is Ben and Diego doing their thang. Nice shot of Bert's forehead as well!

Finally got around to posting some more pix up for you all:...........

He thinks 'Jack' - he looks more 'Chloe'

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Scarily his temperament is more Jack than Chloe. Just don't make him need to get any information out of you ever - he has studied those torture scenes!

this meet up looks great. i'd love to join you guys maybe for next years, but if not, then 2009's. looks like a whole lot of fun!

No need to wait that long, events are held every six months. I expect Famine will be posting a UKGTP8 interest thread shortly.

Hi there!
Back again and de-jetlaggified! Finally!
Great to read some of the write up, excellent pictures, and the Beat video? :bowdown:!!! :embarrassed:

Have to go to work sadly, but will be back later with pics of my own, including a great shot of VEXD being vexed by some headphones! :boggled:

Back