UKGTP7 - UKGTP International (5th-7th May)

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,152 comments
G.T
Edit2: Any confirmation on what we will be doing on the Monday?

Gran Turismo. I took an executive decision.

I've just checked my schedule, and I'm returning to Gran Canaria on Monday. The plane leaves LHR at 15:35, so I'd have to leave Newark around 11:00-11:30am... Ben is coming with, I believe, so that's two less.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

[/Darth Vader]

Gran Canaria: The Real Bird Simulator??

I have to admit I'm kind of relieved we're not going karting on Monday, after my housemate had a nasty crash on Saturday. She was lucky not to be more seriously injured. She managed to go right "under" a tyre wall and into the armco, and spent the afternoon in casualty :ill:

Gran Canaria: The Real Bird Simulator??

Wikipedia
The Canary Islands' name is derived from the Latin term Insularia Canaria meaning Island of the Dogs, a name applied originally only to the island of Gran Canaria. It is thought that the dense population of an endemic breed of large and fierce dogs was the characteristic that most struck the few ancient Romans who established contact with the islands by the sea.

so no... no birds here

Probably not, no. In fact I don't think every stick of RAM I have mashed together would make 2Gb of the stuff.

Why? Is it any cop?

It was just to show off the full capabilities of the G25 with clutch and H shifter in use. I may bring my PC along, and plug it into my telly... (or the biggest telly that has a monitor in socket)

That's interesting, not least because I live in East London, very near a part of the city called 'The Isle Of Dogs' - strangely enough, this is also where Canary Wharf is located.

No, I don't live in Docklands unfortunately... I can see One Canada Square from my lab, and am only about a half-hour's walk from Canary Wharf. Strangely, apart from Docklands and Canary Wharf, the Isle of Dogs is pretty rough - certainly one place where there is a stark contrast between the 'haves' and the 'have nots'. Comparitively, Bow (where I live) is a 'nice bit'...

That would be TVRs 32", as long as he comes.

Or my LCD, if it's repaired...

Spec: Speaking of... I'm free this weekend if you want me to drop by and collect things.

Your a good man, that would be greatly appreciated! Im fairly busy over the weekend but if you let me know a time and day i will make sure im around! 👍

Spec....

Your a good man, that would be greatly appreciated! Im fairly busy over the weekend but if you let me know a time and day i will make sure im around! 👍

Spec....

Whenever's convenient for you. I can be there whenever and only require a mild caffeine refill.

Ok, looking back over the last few pages (100ppp) I've narrowed it down to 4.

Darth Vader

Rab C. Nesbitt

tnahpele

Arnold

is there anything anyone wants to ask me while they still have the chance?

I believe i asked a question.....

what is the concensus (!) on the prize thing? Shall i find some of my brow raising suprises? I do believe that they have been enjoyed in the past....?

going on the 'short of stock' thing too, shall i bring a couple of extra televisions? 💡

@ ultrabeat....
have you seen Hey Arnold?
Thats what his parents were watching when he was conceived. Hence the name Arnold!!!!

I believe i asked a question.....

what is the concensus (!) on the prize thing? Shall i find some of my brow raising suprises? I do believe that they have been enjoyed in the past....?

going on the 'short of stock' thing too, shall i bring a couple of extra televisions? 💡

EXelero's prizes FTW!

Extra TVs would be appreciated - and if you could inform The Caretaker that we might need some of theirs too, that'd be good.

Don't forget the plugs so that i can use my electric stuff from the European main land ;)

I still wish I could come along to this, but I may shock you lot and still come. However I am really tempted to go to say the FIA GT or BTCC instead.

I'm almost completely sure you said that in the previous two UKGTP threads... I'd check myself, but my connection is so freakin' slow at the moment that by the time I could post them, it'd already be time for the LAN.

So does the final count include everyone attending on what ever day? meaning is Gtplant and Sukerkin included? Want to make sure my prize chest is sufficiently stocked! 👍

Cass

I'm corfiming I won't be coming on the Monday.

It'll be a buuuuuuuuuuuusy week...

So does the final count include everyone attending on what ever day? meaning is Gtplant and Sukerkin included? Want to make sure my prize chest is sufficiently stocked! 👍

Cass

Everyone on the list will attend on "a" day. GTPlant may drop by, but I don't think she intends driving. Mrs. Famine will be in attendance also. Blacksheep has cashflow issues so may or may not be there.

At the moment I'm struggling to remember who's not there on what days. I know we're Smallhorsesless on the Saturday, and GT-less (then Diego- and Specialized-less) on the Monday.

Back