UKGTP7 - UKGTP International (5th-7th May)

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,152 comments
It looks like you have the same computer as me (although mines like 8 years old)... Evesham Axis right?, Ive got a new computer but I still use it for lots of other stuff.... I recognize the front of the case.

Oh and nice G25.... :sly:
It started off as an Evesham something, can't remember the model name, but its just an Evesham case now. I've replaced all of the original bits.

What's the full postcode of the venue? We need it to put into the sat-nav.

NG24 ***...

Nice Belly Button Ben, anyway I still wish I could come along to this, but I may shock you lot and still come. However I am really tempted to go to say the FIA GT or BTCC instead.

@GT the post code for the hotel were all staying at is NG24 1PX, i dont know the exact postcode for the school but the hotel is only a 2 roads or so away so you can give one of us a call for directions. Unless somebody has the postcode for the school that is.

Spec....

G.T
What's the full postcode of the venue? We need it to put into the sat-nav.

NG24 ***...

And it takes 10odd days to find it? :D

Feck it's coming up quickly isn't it? Need to get me a new mobilo before then too :crazy:

And it takes 10odd days to find it? :D

Feck it's coming up quickly isn't it? Need to get me a new mobilo before then too :crazy:

Cmon guys :), some of us are not locals / natives.:scared:

So far Ive seen this contribution by daan.
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&h...n=8.330175,20.566406&layer=&ie=UTF8&z=16&om=1

and the postal code is yet to be made clear.
1 I would really appreciate to know how to get there (I mean in town).
2 on the (satellite) map is the school the gray building on the right or the brown/gray building on the left.
3 what's the name of the school
4 Is the parking shown slighty above the building pay or free?

AMG.

I think its creeping up very slowly....
too slowly!

Its gonna be a fantastic weekend. more so than usual cos we get an extra day, plus theres a party at my house the night before!!

bring it on!

leaving VEXD to chat bout the food, do you want some of my famously fabulous prizes or not??

@ AMG you could just type the postcode into google earth??
other than that, it is quite easy to find. the school is unmissable opposite the superstore on a street that only really has just those two buildings on it! tell me again where your staying and i'll find you something....

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&h...n=8.330175,20.566406&layer=&ie=UTF8&z=16&om=1

2 on the (satellite) map is the school the gray building on the right or the brown/gray building on the left.

AMG.

A1 northbound. Turn off at A46/A17 junction.

Drive towards Newark (not on either of the A46 or A17). Pass one set of lights, go over a railway bridge and turn left at the next set of lights.

At the mini roundabout turn right. Instead of then turning right into the Morrisons supermarket, turn left into "The Mount" school car park. You will not need to pay for parking.

theres a party at my house the night before!!

Say what? We're travelling up on the Friday night...

AMG.

The postcode is NG24 1EW

Say what? We're travelling up on the Friday night...

your travelling up early?
always thought you travelled up on the day.....

but i will repeat:
there is a gathering at my house on Friday 4th May and any of those travelling to Newark a day early are more than welcome to attend. I know Spec and Diego are definates. VEXD's work schedule will be his deciding factor and TM will join us if hes not knackered! the more the merrier. there are a couple of my friends from uni also in attendance!
There will be some booze and food and just general enjoyment and chat.

ALL WELCOME!

cass

newarktw2.jpg

And if you are arriving on foot... ;)👍

I though it was if he wasn't knickered

Wow, thx for that y'all. 👍

And I thought someone was playing a joke on the postal code.
With such an amount of details I hope my Satnav can cope with it :scared:

See you on Saturday! and have a nice Fri evening.

AMG.

Okay - less than 2 weeks to go now...

Is there anything anyone wants to ask me while they still have the chance?

Is there anything anyone wants to ask me while they still have the chance?
How powerful is the laptop you bring? Could it run rFactor?

Runs Best With
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 processor
Windows XP
2048 MB RAM
Geforce 7900 GT or Radeon X1900 GT
256 MB video RAM
DirectX 9.0c
2.0 GB of hard drive space for installation
Internet connection required for one-time activation

System Requirements
1.4 GHz processor
Windows 98 SE, ME, 2000, XP, XP 64-bit (will NOT run in Windows 95 or Windows 98 first edition)
512 MB RAM
Geforce4 4200 or Radeon 9200
128 MB video RAM
DirectX 9.0c
2.0 GB of hard drive space for installation
Internet connection required for one-time activation

I'll not be here on the Monday and will have to finish at a reasonable time on the Sunday (6 ish) I won't be able to bring the TV i brought last time and obviously my DFP will disapear with me on Sunday evening. It does look as if my contributions might be surplus to requirements anyway.

I'll be going at a reasonable time on the Sunday too, probably around the same time as The Cracker. We're going out on a family meal with a bunch of my father's old friends, so it would be nice if I was there as well. ;)

G.T
I'll be going at a reasonable time on the Sunday too, probably around the same time as The Cracker. We're going out on a family meal with a bunch of my father's old friends, so it would be nice if I was there as well. ;)

You and Cracker are related?

How powerful is the laptop you bring? Could it run rFactor?

Probably not, no. In fact I don't think every stick of RAM I have mashed together would make 2Gb of the stuff.

Why? Is it any cop?

I'll not be here on the Monday and will have to finish at a reasonable time on the Sunday (6 ish) I won't be able to bring the TV i brought last time and obviously my DFP will disapear with me on Sunday evening. It does look as if my contributions might be surplus to requirements anyway.

Oh bottom burps.

The TV isn't of much import, I don't think. We might be okay for DFPs - it's rare that all 6 are in use at any one LAN, let along all 12 - for the Monday. But of course your driving contributions will be much missed. We'll have to do the Enduro on the Sunday in order that I have someone to drive with... ;)

G.T

Okay - hardcore events for the Sunday evening then... :D

Will you be joining us on the Monday?

I won't be on the Monday, unfortunately.

I really need to recover from the event to start some heavy revision for the upcoming main exams...

Edit: They booked two nights, not one I think... so I dunno if I could come or not. I'll have to see.

Edit2: Any confirmation on what we will be doing on the Monday?

I've just checked my schedule, and I'm returning to Gran Canaria on Monday. The plane leaves LHR at 15:35, so I'd have to leave Newark around 11:00-11:30am... Ben is coming with, I believe, so that's two less.

Latest Posts

Back