UKGTP7 - UKGTP International (5th-7th May)

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,152 comments
Yes - I want two simultaneous 6-machine LANs. Or else we're going to have to fit sixteen (fifteen?) drivers onto 6 machines - making people inactive for 2 races. Which I'm not willing to do.

G.T. - The Clio Endurance will take place at roughly 1-2pm and lasts for 1 hour. It's a 50 lap race (maximum possible in LAN) and laps are usually of the order of 1'10.

As a clue for the Endurance course...
  • It's not used for an Endurance race in either GT3 or GT4.
  • It's not Grand Valley East or Deep Forest, as they were used for UKGTP5 and UKGTP6
  • It takes about 1'10-1'20 to get round it on a flying lap in a standard Clio V6 Race Car...

-Diego- - in all cases but the No Holds Barred race, debris in the form of inactive cars isn't acceptable. We've done 4-console races before (Clio Enduro at UKGTP5 - 8 drivers in 4 cars) and the spare cars were parked up in safe spots. Anyone bored of being last is expected to do similar (as daan's kind photo of me parked up at La Sarthe in an Esprit shows).

G.T
Famine, I'm making sure I remind you of what I said earlier, as we're doing Endurances races on the Sunday...

I'll be leaving at around 6pm-ish on the Sunday, so I need to take all my equipment with me (meaning one less PSTwo).

If we're in the middle of a race, I MAYBE able to convince the parents to hold back a while, but it's unlikely.
Hmmm, you haven't read the small print, have you? Famine gets people with it all the time. Before you enter the hall, he makes you sign a contract which, if you look closely at the bottom of Page 34 (just under the section header: You Don't Need To Read This Part Closely) it clearly says that all electronic equipment brought by the signee becomes property of Famine International Businesses (FIB) Ltd. On the plus side, he usually lets us leave with most of the stuff we bring, but I've never tried leaving during a race before, and I think you'll find it might be a different kettle of fish.

P.S. This is one reason why I am not bringing my PS3
P.P.S The other reason I am not bringing my PS3 is because I am swapping it with my friend who is lending me his networkable PS2!

I'm arriving at around 2 pm, so my ps2 and dfp aren't available before that time (duh!)

G.T. - The Clio Endurance will take place at roughly 1-2pm and lasts for 1 hour. It's a 50 lap race (maximum possible in LAN) and laps are usually of the order of 1'10.

As a clue for the Endurance course...
  • It's not used for an Endurance race in either GT3 or GT4.
  • It's not Grand Valley East or Deep Forest, as they were used for UKGTP5 and UKGTP6
  • It takes about 1'10-1'20 to get round it on a flying lap in a standard Clio V6 Race Car...
Ooooooh, riiiiight. I was expecting some 100-lap Nurburgring race or something. :dunce:

I guess it's Midfield Raceway?

TM - :lol:

That's pushing it in a standard Clio isn't it?

For some reason I think Midfield raceway had an enduro on GT3....

Okay, sorted out some credit for my phone (after the T-Mobile site didn't accept my card), sorted out some food for the journey up as no doubt I'll get hungry, I always do and I don't want to let my blood sugar drop or I'll be moodier than a sheep with a welshman hanging off of it.

Sorted out most of my clothes too, just need to get a bag too put them in, if all fails I'll use a suitcase as with my PS2 stuff I won't get it all in my normal bag.

Looking forward to this...

I haz toi!

1020446aqg5.jpg

Why don't you guys chug a beer after each lap of the enduro race? Only then would it be a REAL test of endurance.

I haz toi!

1020446aqg5.jpg

attachment.php
Are you going to use the wheel this time around then?

I found out my parents just want me for lugging heavy stuff around, which I can do on friday and keeno has my wheel, so I can get that I guess. Now i've just got to get the other ps2 and sort out some sort of place to sleep.

Why don't you guys chug a beer after each lap of the enduro race? Only then would it be a REAL test of endurance.

I tend to drink throughout the whole day anyway......there's some photograpic proof around here somewhere too.

Spec....

G.T
Is that because daan bought one? :sly:

A little. daan's a Scotsman and tends to only buy things he wants when they become a good deal. I'm a Yorkie, so like that but meaner.

Which neatly explains the £30 I saved.

I tend to drink throughout the whole day anyway......there's some photograpic proof around here somewhere too.

Spec....

Yes, you have the dubious honour of being just about the only person of EV4R known to neck a beer while driving on the 'Ring.

No, no , no to Midfield etc...

It's got to be Motegi Super Speedway. I think I can manage a 1'10-1'15 in a Clio with green tyres.

AMG.

No, no , no to Midfield etc...

It's got to be Motegi Super Speedway. I think I can manage a 1'10-1'15 in a Clio with green tyres.

AMG.

Now that would make for an interesting draft-fest of a enduro 👍

Autumn <whatever> race tracks, then? The only other ones I can think off... Those tracks are AWFUL. :P

G.T
Autumn <whatever> race tracks, then? The only other ones I can think off... Those tracks are AWFUL. :P

Certainly a possibility. Right length and no existing Enduro at least...

G.T
Any news on whether you'll get hold of a few X360s, daan?

Whoops, I forgot I hadn't said. No, I can't get a loan of one. They're all in use, and they're screwed to the desks they're on!

Whoops, I forgot I hadn't said. No, I can't get a loan of one. They're all in use, and they're screwed to the desks they're on!

Scottish criminals couldn't work out how to take them off the desk? ;)

Back