UKGTP7 - UKGTP International (5th-7th May)

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,152 comments
@ Gtplant
If thats in the hope of enriching everyone with a burst of omega three oils, it will all be in vain. Ya put a small frisbee in their hands or even a dfp/wheel and all hope is lost and they just revert back to children!
AMG may be the oldest in years, but mentally, we're all very equal where lans are concerned!!
:dunce:

Ya put a small frisbee in their hands or even a dfp/wheel and all hope is lost and they just revert back to children!
What do you mean "revert"? :dopey:

AMG may be the oldest in years, but mentally, we're all very equal where lans are concerned!! :dunce:
Yay! Someone older than me!

Ok, i'll just bring myself and my unfeasibly well packed boot.
Will you be arriving topless?

@ Gtplant
If thats in the hope of enriching everyone with a burst of omega three oils, it will all be in vain. Ya put a small frisbee in their hands or even a dfp/wheel and all hope is lost and they just revert back to children!
AMG may be the oldest in years, but mentally, we're all very equal where lans are concerned!!
:dunce:

The average age is around mid 20s isn't it?

Also, how old is AMG? Or do I have to wait a whole 38 odd hours to find out?

Flipping heck it's getting close.

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngh!

So that's no GT4 and, more importantly, no DFP from Ashley.?

This was stated by myself a while back as far as I can remember.

edit: you would be down a DFP anyway, i cant find my power cable..

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngh!

So that's no GT4 and, more importantly, no DFP from Ashley.?

Well i did give you 2 copies of GT4 to bring along which were never on the list Famine so that should cover that up. (did you get my old copy working?)

Amonst other news this is my last time on GTP before the lan, will be in sunny wan..... i mean newark by 2.30 tomorrow after slogging around london trying to find a disorientated Diego! See you all in newark!

PS, the x360 might not make it as i have realised that have immensly underestimated the amount of space i have on my person to bring stuff!

Spec....

Amonst other news this is my last time on GTP before the lan, will be in sunny wan..... i mean newark by 2.30 tomorrow after slogging around london trying to find a disorientated Diego! See you all in newark!

disoriented*

and you seem to have the same lack of respect for the almighty comma.

Anyway, I've just finished packing my bags... seems the dogs at Heathrow are quite good at the smelling, so I've had to pack a few extra pounds of curry, coffee, paprika and ammonia. We'll see how it goes on the 40 minute fly AMS-LHR :)

Ok, i'll just bring myself and my unfeasibly well packed boot.

Is that some sort of euphemism?

Anyway, I've just finished packing my bags... seems the dogs at Heathrow are quite good at the smelling, so I've had to pack a few extra pounds of curry, coffee, paprika and ammonia. We'll see how it goes on the 40 minute fly AMS-LHR :)

A few 'souvenirs' from Amsterdam i presume? :sly:

The smell of Latvian prostitutes can be masked by the odor of paprika and ammonia?

Well i know i can bring two ps2s along with me. one works perfectly, the other will depend on Famine's or Spec's almighty skills! Will check with 'loaner' for an extra copy of gt, if not i'll go check out the nearest game shops. I do want to buy a memory card for the occassion anyway, my son doesnt want to lose Jak n Daxter, Whiplash or Lego Star Wars!

Will check bout ps2 rental and any other relevant stuff i can think of!
The good thing bout Newark is that its so blooming small that we can just nip out and get anything thats missing on the day!!!

I'm bringing my memory card, but only if it gets backed up first. I've spent to many hours to loose it :)

Dumb question... But I guess all of your equipment is kept together? Ie, my TV will be hooked up with my PSTwo, same cables, memory cards, etc, to avoid a mix up? Or do I need to label things before hand?

Once it's set up, it doesn't move, so it's pretty easy to keep track of what is where... (i.e. your PS2 and your DFP)

However, smaller things like memory cards, game discs, and DS2's you might want to label somehow.

Remember your headphones too ;)

I will bring a Dymo labelling machine - a modern, leccy one, not the old ribbon crimper - just in case. I've already tagged up my cards (though for a different reason) and controllers.

I'd better label my G25 now that you've got one too. I don't want to end up with your cheaper one!

Unfortunately my plans to arrive this evening have been all but scuppered by the fact that my mate didn't bring his PS2 in this morning, so I'll have to go out to his place tonight to collect it...

I got a text just now from Ben saying that he has met Diego at Heathrow and presumably they are training it as we speak towards central London, and then on to Newark later this evening. 👍

edit: I have now booked my train for tomorrow, so I'm definitely not coming to Newark this evening :( Sorry, guys... atleast I will not be a hungover wreck tomorrow, though :) This being the case, I will be getting the 8.53 train from London King's Cross, so if anyone else is booked on that train (gets to Newark at 10.18), then let me know and I can meet you at the station.

Are all the UKGTP newbies happy that they will be able to find the venue ok and have contact numbers just in case they can't?

Can someone pm me his phone number? Just in case.
I don't think the venue is to hard to find.

Can someone pm me his phone number? Just in case.
I don't think the venue is to hard to find.

You might be best off PMing Vexd or EXelero and asking them for their mobile numbers - they are the locals and are probably going to be able to direct any lost souls better than any of us vistitors.

I will bring a Dymo labelling machine - a modern, leccy one, not the old ribbon crimper - just in case. I've already tagged up my cards (though for a different reason) and controllers.
Don't worry. All my equipment will be pre-tagged. :)

Are all the UKGTP newbies happy that they will be able to find the venue ok and have contact numbers just in case they can't?
Yeah. Cass gave her number to me, and Ben gave his too, but I forgot to write it down. :embarrassed:

I'm currently sitting down, nursing a beer and having a chat with Cass and Ben... if anyone hasn't left yet, bring your booties, cuz it be cold outside! Current temp is about 17 degrees, cloudy and very humid.

We'refitting in with the locals by drinking copious amounts of beer and putting strange accents on words.

Back