UKGTP8 - The Ocho

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,037 comments
That's an insult to British Beer! ;)

You call that beer? I think it's more of a sludgepuppy ;)

We'll bring our own lager, then. Maybe DustDriver can bring some quality beer then as well!

And so the "war" begins between the continentals and the islanders :D
I think I'll stay neutral and fall back on African heritage :)

AMG.

I have some german blood in me to throw in the mix :)

You call that beer? I think it's more of a sludgepuppy ;)

Look who's talking (sais someone who doesn't like beer ;)).
But it's a known fact that Belgian beer is better.

Willkommen, bienvenue, benvenuto, yokosou, s'up, eh'up and welcome to all our far flung friends.

So far I count 18 in and ~8 wavering.

Visited Gaydon today. Wi-fi for interwebcamminess and a recent museum overhaul mean übercool novelty value and something to do when not racing. Amazingly, if we weigh in a little light on the numbers, it will be the cheapest venue. If you count in the free museum entry for everyone (usually £8 each per visit) plus some extra tickets for guests (parents, NPCs etc) then it's pretty darned swish. Think of the photo opportunities!

I am waiting for Banbury School now, because it looks like a fair venue and it would get four places to choose from.

Is there a Famine in da house? Looks like we might have to cap the numbers too, booooy!

V.

Talked to Sjaak regarding this event the other day and it's good to see the Dutchies will be making the trip 👍 this is gonna be one not to miss so please put myself and my missus down for the party also 👍

We wouldn't miss kickin some Dutch ass live :sly:

We will be travelling by train so wont have room to bring equipment unfortunately maybe a slimline ps2 and GT4 and our oldest son if he is interested and he can entertain with his guitar hero skillz 👍 also he makes a mean cuppa tea :lol:

Batten down the hatches guys this should be a blast :cheers:

I had my psTwo, DFP, 3 DS2s and a couple of games and dvds with me and i came all the way from Belgian by train.
So coming by train is no excuse for not bringing any equipment ;)
(except regular tvs, they're just to heavy)

LOL Mr P! :sly: And so, the war of words begins! :D 'The Ocho' becomes a international WRS battleground!

More seriously, this is beginning to demand the three LANs and the space that goes around them. This will definitely affect our choice of venue.

Dont worry, it's all under control! :scared: :nervous: :ill: :crazy: :dopey:

Talked to Sjaak regarding this event the other day and it's good to see the Dutchies will be making the trip 👍 this is gonna be one not to miss so please put myself and my missus down for the party also 👍

We wouldn't miss kickin some Dutch ass live :sly:

We will be travelling by train so wont have room to bring equipment unfortunately maybe a slimline ps2 and GT4 and our oldest son if he is interested and he can entertain with his guitar hero skillz 👍 also he makes a mean cuppa tea :lol:

Batten down the hatches guys this should be a blast :cheers:

Just how good is he at guitar hero? i need to know if i should get practicing again :lol:

Good to see so many people interested in this lan, could turn out to be one of the best so far!

Spec....

O. M. F. G.

*Famine dies*

I'm counting 19 now (including Queen Bee, who shall be forced onto a console), with 10 possiblies... I'd better make the races REAL good...

sjaak - Can I assume the 6 seats have DFPs attached to them?

Venari - Bookerman... Possible or reallyable?

We'll have to see if Gaydon will relent on the beer. 'Cos trying to keep 20 people happy and occupied in three languages (four if you count daan) will see me shooting up by 4pm on Saturday.

Chill man. One of Gaydon's issues is that unless there's another big event on, anything past 5.30pm will require us to pay for staff to stay on. Short racing day, but plenty of time for a proper Banbarian session-on. :D

And how come you didn't include Mrs P in the guest list? If the skillz rub off in the family, she can probably drive circles around me. :)

Just how good is he at guitar hero? i need to know if i should get practicing again :lol:

Spec....

Good enough to warrant some practice? :sly: he's improved since, this was 6 months ago...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NnyVQ-ovH6g

And how come you didn't include Mrs P in the guest list? If the skillz rub off in the family, she can probably drive circles around me.

I'm included 👍 look forward to running rings round you :mischievous:

I've been bullied into actually attending this event (after ducking out of two due to distance and expense). Probably because I live in the centre of Banbury and have no real excuse this time :D Currently my equipment list consists of a PS2, 2xDS2, 1 DFP, 1 GT4 and a memcard. Might snag a network adapter by then as well.

BS:
Drives like Plato.
Whines like Button.
Makes as much sense as Flav.

Not especially skilled at picking the right car for the job, passing licence tests or driving LMPs.

Should be fun!

I'm included 👍 look forward to running rings round you :mischievous:

Hey, fine by me! But for that challenge, you get first scare in the real toy. :mischievous: Buahaha.

BS:
Drives like Plato.
Whines like Button.
Makes as much sense as Flav.

Well, at least you don't whine like Plato, drive like Flav and make as much sense as Button. :D

I start my new job on the 6th August...so I should be able to request the Ocho weekend as one off. Even if I can't get the entire weekend off (there's another something I may have to be doing that weekend), then i'll be there at least one of the days.

All men to bring overalls and I shall bring my nurse uniform.

Milford, I'm intrigued - why do we need to bring overalls whilst you proffer the far more attractive, to my mind, Nurse's uniform option?

Milford, I'm intrigued - why do we need to bring overalls whilst you proffer the far more attractive, to my mind, Nurse's uniform option?

Mademoiselle Cubicle is particularly smitten by men (or women?) in overalls...

Well, I suppose I could bring my overalls rather than my nurse uniform...

*shuts up to allow thread to be steered back on topic*

Damn, and i'd just bought the nurses uniform too....
👎:grumpy:

*must remember camera*

Okay, so we're up to TWENTY-ONE participants (including Miss Q. Bee, who shall be bullied into driving) and, bar the TVs, we have enough for three full LANs. Yikes. That probably means I can entertain 30 drivers, with no more than one race off each in the handicaps (maybe two in the case of race winners, and for the pick'n'mix races). If we can get 24 drivers, that means we can either run a double-LAN for the Endurance race with 2-man teams, or run a much longer track than usual and have 4-man teams.

We're still in need of TVs, so anyone who has a LCD TV they can drop into their rucksack, please do so. We're 5.5 TVs short right now (4.5 if the venue is dark enough to utilise Venari's projector)... So *begins Telly-thon* give as much as you can.

I also note a shortage of memory cards. I'd presume that everyone who has a PS2 and a GT4 has at least A memory card. These things are vital - memory card = LAN. No memory card = NO LAN.

Out of curiousity, does anyone have any bizarre nationalities of which I'm unaware? I'd assume Jan and Ruud are Dutch like sjaak and AMG., with all of our other participants being English, Scottish or West Country?

Out of curiousity, does anyone have any bizarre nationalities of which I'm unaware? I'd assume Jan and Ruud are Dutch like sjaak and AMG., with all of our other participants being English, Scottish or West Country?

Dont forget about Dustdriver being from Belgium

Spec....

I might be able to bring a TV if my parents decide to go the my auntie and uncles in Swindon on that weekend. This is very premature though, they've not even talked to them about it! But it might arise that I could bring a TV as I'd travel up with them.

Is he confirmed yet?

Is there a chance of a Dutch person willing to take me along?
Don't know where you all live, but my parents maybe could drive me across Belgium, so that you don't have to make a detour.

It's just a hassle when you have to travel by train in Belgium with such a big suit case, plus on the tube in London.

Seems like he is intent on coming :)

Spec....

I'm coming, i just need to find out how to come :)

edit: i can bring the usual
- PSTwo
- 3 x DS2
- 1 x DFP
- 2 x GT4
- Memory card full of precious data

And i ordered the RF-Adapter with AV-block, 10 metres long composite cable (includes 1 video, 2 audio) and the 2,5 metre version of the same product

I've also bid on a Scart-Adapter with AV-Block and a PS2 carrier bag on ebay. Hope to win those auctions.

Back