UKGTP8 - The Ocho

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,037 comments
Put me down for this one. Not too far for me as it's only a quick little burst along the
M4.
Equipment wise I have Slimline PS2 + wheel + 2 additional contollers + GT4 Game + 2 memory cards.

nige

Holy shoot, not even 24 hours have passed since I last looked and we have > 50 posts.

Incredible, isn't it?

I bet when Wastegate set the first one up back in May 2004, he had NO clue he was creating such a runaway monster.

Famine, you might be looking at 3 LANs assuming Sjaak's gang come along and bring their (6x) set as he mentioned in the other thread.

The thought certainly occurred to me. Currently, my fingernails resemble 2 hour old chewing gum.

Repeat offer:
If someone is looking into prizes etc I offered my help...

I'm not sure what's going to happen with prizes - though a couple of people have had suggestions. It might be worth liaising with Venari who seems to have the whole thing under complete control*. There's the overall trophy too, of course.

*You just wait until 2 days beforehand, when the nerves kick in

I'm not sure what's going to happen with prizes - though a couple of people have had suggestions. It might be worth liaising with Venari who seems to have the whole thing under complete control*. There's the overall trophy too, of course.

AMG - and anyone who wants to contribute in any way, drop Famine and I a line, I know some people who do some things with stuff in the place with the thing.

*You just wait until 2 days beforehand, when the nerves kick in

Yeah, like, whatever. :cool:

Venari.

:nervous:

Is there a chance of us muscle car being present this time?
There's even a car that suits you Famine.
The dodge charger superbee, it comes in indigo metallic color :)

Looks like moving down south a bit has definitely boosted the amount of interested attendees. 👍

This'll be one mega LAN if this keeps up!

Put me down for this one. Not too far for me as it's only a quick little burst along the
M4.
Equipment wise I have Slimline PS2 + wheel + 2 additional contollers + GT4 Game + 2 memory cards.

nige

You'll have to change your name I'm afraid.....

, I know some people who do some things with stuff in the place with the thing.

Err..... :rolleyes: :boggled: :nervous: :dunce:

That is a comment shrouded in ambiguity, so I will take your word for that it:tup:

Anyway, what is the Network plug adaptor thing and how will I get hold of one (I have never used LAN before)?

Also will I need some other form of adapter for a PS3 to use the LAN?

Bee
Sorry Famine, but how does half a tv come into use? :lol:

It is currently being repaired. Still. So it may be available, but it might not. It's Schroedinger's Television.

Stevisiov90: Slim PS2s have an integrated network adapter. Fat ones need an external one which you can now only get from eBay. PS3s also have an integrated one, but playing GT4 on a network with them is very complex indeed.

Wouldn't this be handy for recording races?
http://uk.playstation.com/ps2/hardware/accessories/detail/item51458/AV-Adaptor/
Don't know where to find one, i can only find this one:
cabo_scart.jpg

and one with a rf output instead of the scart.

If someone knows where to find the first one and knows the price i would be very thankful, because i can use it to store replays on my pc more easily.

edit: this way you don't have to setup an extra networked ps2 to recorde the race, and you can easely switch between the different lans.

M4.
Only 334 miles for me. :D

I bet when Wastegate set the first one up back in May 2004, he had NO clue he was creating such a runaway monster.
We've got to find Kev and get him to come along. We can kidnap him if that's what it takes...

But mainly i'll just be there to bring cream cakes, and donouts for everyone. 👍
Yay! You're more than welcome then. Can you make coffee too?

I thought you
demon-and-angel.gif
and I would be going topless somewhere where there are no fellow gtpers lurking ;)
I have been working on a list of fun things for us to do since the last gathering.
devil-0004.gif
Don't you disappoint me now.....

AMG.

oooohhhh this lan is certainly filled with intrigue already!!

i'm looking forward to seeing the list of attendees! record numbers by the looks of it! blooming great!! Told you we should have gone down south sooner!!!

looks like we not only have to list the davids we have to start with the nige's too!! Thank God theres only one of me eh?!?! hehe although i do have a twin.....

looks like we not only have to list the davids we have to start with the nige's too!!
Time to break out my middle name then. Have we got any more Alans?

Thank God theres only one of me eh?!?! hehe
For some reason I thought there was 2 of you. :confused: Must be something else I'm thinking of...

Sad to say, WG's been missing for quite a while now. Many attempts at contact have come to naught.

And you're coming if I have to leash you to the back of my car and drag you...

:D

Hmmm, sounds a bit S & M to me - could be interesting. Have to ask Lady S tho' as beating and binding she rightly considers to be within her purvue :lol:.

Having been a dismal failure in the 'turning up' stakes for the past couple of UKGTP's (to misquote Han Solo "It wasn't my fault!"), I do feel that I should pull out all the stops to put other things, work and assorted events on hold for this one.

Two things to note, both Lady S's responsibility:

1) I don't play anything like enough to be competative anymore (my idea of a podium finish in OLR is now between 5th and 8th :D)

2) Lady S's loving care has caused me to swell to the size of a house (well, a small caravan at any rate). Not quite needing a wheel-barrow for my belly but it's not far away at this rate :eek:. So no rude pointing and s******ing at he who was once slim as a lath.

EDIT: Ah I see the profanity filter takes objection to the middle of one of my words due to it being a derogatory term for a black person if taken in isolation. To those who are no good at Hangman, the word was a synonym for supercilious or childish tittering.

Oh, that had nothing to do with your word sukerkin, that's just -Diego- describing his current chocolate-fetish activity to us!!! :P :lol:

Anyway, now that I know Famine is a dot-com-er (no rhyming slang!!!) a spreadsheet is wending its merry way through the vast ether of e-mail to you! Feel free to use what you'd like from it!

I've just had an 💡 I mentioned in the SFGTP thread that I'd have to organise another one around Oct/Nov time. Wonder if we could run concurrent events? Ever so tricky with the time difference and all, but if we put our "e-heads" (?:boggled:) together, I'm sure we could coordinate running some of the same events at each party!
Any thoughts?

Lol, if there's an internet connection available maybe we could set up video conferencing :)

Put me down for a possible TV, depends if it is viable to haul it on the train and then to the venue..

Careful queen bee, you shouldnt make these remarks, next thing you know you'll be doing all that stuff. You dont know half how devious the mods are. ;)

But, i'm actually willing to make tea, coffee's, get cakes, and lunch for everyone. Thats just who i am. :)

And if it gets me out of playing, then thats even better!

And if it gets me out of playing even better!
lol, that sentence can be interprutted in 2 different ways :)
- And if it gets me out of playing, that's even better!

- And if it gets me into playing even worse!
So you're going to drive as bad as you can ;)

Grumble. Just lost this post once, so I'll keep it short:

Gaydon update: Visited today, they can do it in principle but were too busy to chat today, I have a detail meeting next week. Have collected lots of info. A brief visit back to the centre confirms it would be kewl, bangin', wicked, gangsta and you might even shout 'w00t' (if you know how to pronounce it.) Beer is going to be an absolute no-no though!

V. (Wet, in Banbury.)

Back