Update 1.07 now up

• Thread starter Keshian
  • 346 comments
Nope, it saying

If car were sent to someone and he didn't got it from a ticket, it will be listed as a ticket. For example i have a few X1 tickets. So that ticket worth 20m, but level xx ticket or a bday ticket giving a random car, so in theory they should be tradeable.

Can you still trade level/year tickets? For example if I send you a level 21 ticket is there a chance you could get a 2d?

Repost because my question got buried:

Anyone tried gifting a Level 24 ticket yet? (or any level?)

I have all three Level 24 cars and a spare 24 ticket I was planning to send to a friend tomorrow. Can I still do this?
I gifted a 2003 ticket successfully but all other sub accounts say I have reached my daily trading limit.
It is forcing me to exit the game and sign in thru playstation network to access another account now.

Btw it's now 1 trade per ps3 system not account
are you kidding me
I've traded out of an account right after reset(today) & still have the ability to send again from one of my other accounts. My trade took place before the update & I just sent a car to one of my other accounts. About to try from another account since now it's after the update.

Daily limit reached since attempting to send another car from another account after the update.
Repost because my question got buried:

Anyone tried gifting a Level 24 ticket yet? (or any level?)

I have all three Level 24 cars and a spare 24 ticket I was planning to send to a friend tomorrow. Can I still do this?
Just tried with a Lvl 24 ticket in one of my accounts & it let me get to the screen before sending.

Last edited:
I gifted a 2003 ticket successfully but all other sub accounts say I have reached my daily trading limit.
It is forcing me to exit the game and sign in thru playstation network to access another account now.
Just tried from second account and daily limit has been reached there as well so it appears that it is one trade per day per PS3.

There are approx 1000 cars, of which 25% are probably valued at over $1M meaning at minimum $250M is needed to attain all these cars. Last I checked earning credits in this damn game meant you had to grind A or B-spec continuously at Indy, High Speed Ring or Daytona to earn a measly $100K at best every 10 mins are so. Even the most hardcore GT5er is never going to fully attain all these cars on their own, assuming you even got the chance to even sniff the car in the UCD or OCD by the time you earned the credits, the car would be gone. Now factor how many cars are $20M, and there's a $20M limit?

It puzzles me why people who don't dup get so upset at the people who do. Dupers don't don't tell you how to play, so why get upset at a Duper? We all find ways to enjoy the game, personally being able to trade for cars I have never even yet seen in the OCD and UCD (and trust me I check after every passing game day) just further enhanced the playability of the game.

Just my opinion, but the greatest feature of the GT series was to be able to drive a car virtual that most likely we will never drive in real life. Doing this truly made it harder to enjoy how great the game is.

Here is what I don't understand. GT5 has a 20 million cr. limit. Last week they modify rewards so you get LESS credits but MORE xp per race / championship. Tonight they remove the ability to trade cars over 1 million? Are you ****ing kidding me? I am not trying to play this game for as long as it took them to put together 200 car models and 20+ tracks just to get the cars that I want to race with. PD has to be the WORST development company I have ever purchased a game from. I had such high hopes for this game's future. AT THE VERY LEAST PD should have issued a warning to gamers of the changes so that they would not have lost vehicles that they had on loan. THEY DIDN'T EVEN DO THIS.

Kinect + FM4 + DFGT W/ XCM. FTW!!!

Well, trading aside I feel like I've been stepped on. I always wanted to group my cars (LMP, LM GT, JGTC, Touring, etc) and couldn't do it on my main account. I created several accounts that allowed me to get around PD's garage shortcoming. Now I can't get any of the same cars back to my main account to enjoy them. You can say I never should have moved them in the first place, but it just amounts to remote garages, and now PD has locked them all away from me.

there is a warning, everytime you switch the game while you wait an eternity for the game to load it reminds you about the online agreement.

online is borked too now. a group of friends and I have been trying to play using performance points since the update a few hours ago. ***** bunk.

hey PD, fix your damn game. give us a week where things are good, and then back to crap again. I am really tiring of this game.

Where I have a problem is when PD tells me what I can do with my game, and what I can't. I mean, I bought this game. If I want to trade cars, I don't see in how it's their problem. They just got too far with all this. I don't care about not being able to send worthy cars, I care about not being able to do what I want with something I paid for.

If they want to avoid people of selling virtual car on eBay, well maybe that's a good thing.

Nope its the same for paint 5 per ps3, this fixes the duping more than the 1 million limit

Okay this is too far.

PD, don't try to fix problems with restrictions, fix it with expansions! You want to stop us from duping paint, make the paints we want actually accessible!

You want us to stop duping cars, make it so we don't have to repeat the same races hundreds of times to get the cars we want. I understand the addition of seasonal events helps, but they need to learn the right balance between the rewards we get for A-spec races and the time we put into them.

mytton
okay this is too far.

Pd, don't try to fix problems with restrictions, fix it with expansions! You want to stop us from duping paint, make the paints we want actually accessible!

You want us to stop duping cars, make it so we don't have to repeat the same races hundreds of times to get the cars we want.

exactly!!!

mytton
Okay this is too far.

PD, don't try to fix problems with restrictions, fix it with expansions! You want to stop us from duping paint, make the paints we want actually accessible!

You want us to stop duping cars, make it so we don't have to repeat the same races hundreds of times to get the cars we want. I understand the addition of seasonal events helps, but they need to learn the right balance between the rewards we get for A-spec races and the time we put into them.

Ding ding ding!

Okay this is too far.

Exactly! Like someone who would want both Miura and Ferrari P330...who's gonna grind TWO TIMES 20 Millions ???

Spoken like a true copier of cars. (I didn't use the word)

Congratulations. You found a technicality. Post still nuked. Carry on.

Would it make you feel better if I told you I don't have an X1? Or even an F1? Or even an LMP? Or how many times I've been offered each of the above yet have declined? The only cars I'm interested in are cheap ones.

But what affects my job here is all the garbage I have to read through. We have places to discuss the "morality" of "duping" and this isn't one of them.

Why? It's just discussion and arguing, one of the primary uses for communication and an even more important aspect of online forums, oh wait, the only one.

Which is why we have topics set aside for said discussions. We'd like to keep them there.

All further discussion centers on the ramifications of Update 1.07 and how it affects play. Any side discussions on duping and the morality of such goes in the shredder.

Any other personal attacks get thrown in the shredder with a nice letter from the editor, too.

Thank you.

Congratulations. You found a technicality. Post still nuked. Carry on.

Would it make you feel better if I told you I don't have an X1? Or even an F1? Or even an LMP? Or how many times I've been offered each of the above yet have declined? The only cars I'm interested in are cheap ones.

But what affects my job here is all the garbage I have to read through. We have places to discuss the "morality" of "duping" and this isn't one of them.

Of course the post got nuked, because your mad bro, and your a moderator, moderators always abuse their power on forums when they get mad. No problem, you will nuke this post too, just like you will nuke anything else you don't agree with. Have at it moderator.

Caliper
there is a warning, everytime you switch the game while you wait an eternity for the game to load it reminds you about the online agreement.

If you honestly call that a warning then you are definitely a GT fan boy that is used to getting ****ed by PD.

Where I have a problem is when PD tells me what I can do with my game, and what I can't. I mean, I bought this game. If I want to trade cars, I don't see in how it's their problem. They just got too far with all this. I don't care about not being able to send worthy cars, I care about not being able to do what I want with something I paid for.

If they want to avoid people of selling virtual car on eBay, well maybe that's a good thing.

You do not own the game, you own the right to use it.

On topic, I'm so glad that duping and whole marketplace X2010 business is over.
Everyone had a X2010 and only like 5% of those people got it legit.
Now rare and expensive cars will slowly get their value back (when NFS:SU comes out there will be a huge cleanup and GT5 will be a great place).

Of course the post got nuked, because your mad bro, and your a moderator, moderators always abuse their power on forums when they get mad. No problem, you will nuke this post too, just like you will nuke anything else you don't agree with. Have at it moderator.
There is also a proper place to discuss perceived abuse of power on the parts of moderators, and this thread isn't the place for that either.

Yev
You do not own the game, you own the right to use it.
No, you do own the game. You simply don't have the right to play it online unless you follow PD's changes to it.

Yev
Everyone had a X2010 and only like 5% of those people got it legit.
It has already been explained how easy it is to get a hold of an X1 with even less effort than what duping required.

Yev
Now rare and expensive cars will slowly get their value back (when NFS:SU comes out there will be a huge cleanup and GT5 will be a great place).
Again, "values" of objects in a game are completely meaningless.

There is also a proper place to discuss perceived abuse of power on the parts of moderators, and this thread isn't the place for that either.

No, you do own the game. You simply don't have the right to play it online unless you follow PD's changes to it.

A video game is intelectual property of it's creators, you do not have the right to modify it, copy it etc.

Your right, I was out of line with that comment, I just can't stand moderators acting all high and mighty and being cocky about the fact that they can edit your posts etc and giving you attitude when they do it.

Yev
A video game is intelectual property of it's creators, you do not have the right to modify it, copy it etc.

You are correct sir. Intellectual property is technically copyright protected. Hence plagiarism and even self-plagiarism in universities.

Yev
A video game is intelectual property of it's creators,
It is indeed. But you are also allowed to do basically whatever you want with the copy that you purchased within the constraints of the law. That includes:

Yev
you do not have the right to modify it, copy it etc.
Both of these, though the latter is quite a gray area depending on how you go about doing it.

Honestly, why does PD care that people are selling X1s on Ebay? I think if theres a moron out there willing to pay any amount of money for something like is stupid enough to actually do it, let them. Its their life. Before this update, im sure theres several forums where an X1 can be abtained rather easily.

Owell. I pretty much had all the cars i wanted anyways. I just have all my rare cars and 0 mile cars on a seperate account and cant get most of them to my main account now. I figured with all the shortcomings of GT5 that the least they could do is let us gift cars to people. My cousin thats in another state just bought GT5 wanted a car for the historic cup. Well now i cant send him one to have, that way he can buy whatever parts he wants for it and such.

I dont know about this game anymore. The worst part is that every other time you start up the game almost it will either freeze up or wont have any sound for some reason then you have to exit the game and start it again. Annoying.. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Edit- I guess I got my 60 dollars worth of entertainment and this update gave me the final straw to say heck with the game. Since its going to be getting warmer out soon i will be in the garage working on my car anyways. It was another reason to play the game so you could try to get every car in the game, but now its Indy to get money for all the expensive cars. It was fun while it lasted.

It is indeed. But you are also allowed to do basically whatever you want with the copy that you purchased within the constraints of the law. That includes:

Both of these, though the latter is quite a gray area depending on how you go about doing it.

Well, if it wasn't in gray people wouldn't be able to sell X2010s on Ebay.
Law isn't strong in the field of video games, as you can see with the most common form of law-breaking - piracy.

Latest Posts

Back