• One class

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Two classes

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another serious problem with the S2000 LM, is that it has poor lights. My lap times go down by 7 seconds a lap, just in the dark :/

Really? It has like 109384789 million lights! :ouch: However, I do think that the 7 seconds a lap is not too bad.

Today, I'll run all aids allowed, except the skid recovery thing.

Soon, I'm hoping that most people will be able to ween themselves from that racing line, so that they don't get an advantage by following a bright blue line through the darkness.

As for the racing softs, I could allow them, but it takes a portion of the strategy out, it seems, because the softs are so fast.

I'm opening the lobby now. Qualifying will start 20 (ish) minutes late, for Seth, and will be about 30 minutes (given that it's a long track.) Race will be at Le Mans 2005.

I won't be making it as my bug has lingered.

It was fun, we had some new racers join the room. Whether they come back or not, is up to them. However, after 7 laps of Le Mans, everyone was in a position to win. Then, we had caution, after caution, after caution, because I didn't think the racing would be so close, so I put damage on heavy. I was so surprised, when I lightly tapped Seth, and both of us got damage. But, oh well, that's how 0 ABS is, when trying to outbrake someone.

Light damage is needed, especially with some new guys joining and not knowing how we race. Hopefully Jake will continue to race with us in the series' we all participate in. He's quick.

Light damage is needed, especially with some new guys joining and not knowing how we race. Hopefully Jake will continue to race with us in the series' we all participate in. He's quick.

At least for Conti & VLN, as those two series could really use the extra shot in the arm. I'm happy with today's racing, but Shin d/cd and there were only 5-7 good, clean drivers who stayed. It'd be incredible with 10+ drivers.

A lot of people have been busy. These cars can go for a good distance on medium tires. I like that aspect. It won't be like the LMP's and Group C cars that use up softs in 6 laps. At Sarthe '05, I think I could have went another 6 laps on the same mediums. So probably 11 or 12 laps on the same tires.

A lot of people have been busy. These cars can go for a good distance on medium tires. I like that aspect. It won't be like the LMP's and Group C cars that use up softs in 6 laps. At Sarthe '05, I think I could have went another 6 laps on the same mediums. So probably 11 or 12 laps on the same tires.

I did. You guys pitted SO early... I was left wondering "Why did they pit so early?" and then one of the new fellows tapped the wall, and a caution came out. Surprising, that no one discussed the cautions BEFORE someone called one. :lol:

Now, to open discussion on Cautions: What do you all think of cautions?

I pit before we started the race because that one guy rammed me while I was braking, so it wore off a lot of my tires for no reason. But I didn't need to pit at all during the Sarthe race.

I pit before we started the race because that one guy rammed me while I was braking, so it wore off a lot of my tires for no reason. But I didn't need to pit at all during the Sarthe race.

Oh yeah, you were not in the 13 lap enduro that was called off, because you and Shin came. We were on lap 12, and I only pitted during the caution on lap 7. However, after driving these cars on the 'Ring, AND Le Mans, AND Motegi East, there isn't a track that ISN'T boring in these cars. I love it!

Yeah, the specs on them are great I think. Nice and equal, and loads of fun. Good momentum cars with great grip.

Yeah, the specs on them are great I think. Nice and equal, and loads of fun. Good momentum cars with great grip.

Hmmm, race recap:

Lap 1: 18 lead changes
Lap 2: 18 more lead changes
Lap 3: at least 20 lead changes
Lap 4: 30 lead changes
Lap 5: 60 lead changes
Lap 6: 120 lead changes
Lap 7: 183475 lead changes, caution
Lap 8: caution
Lap 9: new caution
Lap 10: new caution
Lap 11: New caution
Lap 12: "Oh, look guys, Shin's here. And so is Seth. Time to chitchat"

:lol: There wasn't REALLY anyone out of contention. Especially after the caution, since it allowed the new guys to catch back up to the draft.

A few questions:

When will the actual races start, next weekend?
How will we qualify?
How do cautions work? Someone calls caution and then what?

Thanks.

OK8
A few questions:

When will the actual races start, next weekend?
How will we qualify?
How do cautions work? Someone calls caution and then what?

Thanks.

Races start two weeks away, but attendance at preseason rounds are expected.

Qualifying and Cautions are going to be discussed this week for complete clarification before the beginning of the real season.

I've been thinking (and that is a dangerous thing).

We use mediums and hards for the actual race. BUT softs can be used at qualifying?

I've been thinking (and that is a dangerous thing).

We use mediums and hards for the actual race. BUT softs can be used at qualifying?

That's the plan. :) I'm also turning off tire wear for qualifying at the 'Ring. I'd like you guys to tell me about the length of qualifying. Should I give a max of 20 minutes? Or 30? Or 40?

Usually, it's 10 minutes + lap time.

So I think for 3 laps, 20 minutes is enough (if you allow people to finish their lap when the time has finished) (and you'd need to go out immediately give or take 2 minutes to get 3 laps). I don't think you deserve more than 2 flying laps. Maybe make it 25 minutes to reduce congestion, so you're fairly safe to go out whenever up to a maximum of 7 minutes late :P

My bet is that there will be 2 cautions in qualifying alone. And if it's wet and rainy at the ring, at it's night time, everyone bar 2/3 people will crash out :P

I'd say 30 minutes. There's no way to make three laps out of 20 minutes because you still have to spend 8 minutes on your out lap and if you get stuck in traffic the lap is blown, so it would be nice to have 3 chances.

With softs the laps are going to be blazing! Even with mediums these cars are really grippy so I can't even imagine how they go with softs. :eek: I'm sure we'll see times nudging 7 minutes.

Last edited:
7 minutes!? This is the 24 hour track, you do know this?

I'd shake your hand if you got sub 8:45 in qualifying.

The racing was tight and a load of fun. I can't wait to do this series. Hopefully Mr.M is running it during the week. I think he said something like Fridays.
Now for my 2 cents on running full damage. Lets not. :crazy: It's not fun having to pit because of damage caused by someone else. I don't think I caused any of the damage to my car as it was given to me from behind first, both rear shocks damaged. Was able to race till I had to pit. Then hit from behind again to cause damage to the left rear shock, causing the 1st caution. After race starts, I get hit again causing damage to left front shock, caution again. LOOOL Gets even funnier from here. I get hit again causing damage to right front. Went to type caution and hit exit button instead of going back to the race to head to pits. :)
If we run damage at all, lets use light damage. Atleast it resets itself. I got hit too many times by the close racing. We all need to be aware that breaking points are different from driver to driver. Stop trying to drive through people in the corners. Hold your line through the corner and then pass when it is safe to. :)

Sorry again for giving you a little "love" tap out of the pits... My bad! I was just SO much faster than everyone braking and through turns... Not sure why though.

But I think that we should do heavy damage on the tracks other than le mans and nurburgring. But every time you get damage isn't a caution...

Sorry again for giving you a little "love" tap out of the pits... My bad! I was just SO much faster than everyone braking and through turns... Not sure why though.

But I think that we should do heavy damage on the tracks other than le mans and nurburgring. But every time you get damage isn't a caution...

It's all good. The more we get used to driving with each other the better it will be. It was some real close racing in the first race. The 2nd race, fresh took over. lol

Yeah, that other guy in the RX7 was embarrassing, he definitely didn't do that car justice. I was able to get consistent 4:22's at Sarthe '05, except the first lap and one mess up which gave me a 4:26.

But every time you get damage isn't a caution...

I was doing testing for specs, to see that they were well balanced. They are. This weekend (Friday, yes, 4:30 PM GMT-5) will be a rules/regulations/qualifying/procedure test, to ensure that we run it all well. This time, I think we'll go to a smaller track, though.

Then, out of preseason and into points season!

I was doing testing for specs, to see that they were well balanced. They are. This weekend (Friday, yes, 4:30 PM GMT-5) will be a rules/regulations/qualifying/procedure test, to ensure that we run it all well. This time, I think we'll go to a smaller track, though.

Then, out of preseason and into points season!

Tokyo or High Speed ring lol

I think we should do SSR5, these cars would look great in the dark for pictures!

My royal blue with cream wheels Subaru is ready for the night!

So that's the colour scheme on that Subaru... :sly: I couldn't tell. :yuck:

As for tracks, SSR5 would be interesting. Does anyone else have track ideas that aren't High Speed Ring? I'd be up for Tokyo too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back