• One class

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Two classes

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to get a photo of all the cars on track lined up in a certain way ... My personal opinion is that will be the best representation of the series ...lol ... too many ideas running in my mind at the moment ... :guilty:

Lined up along the outside of the Karussel! You're a genius! I'm a genius! WE'RE GENII!

There we go ... umm ... wait ... what track is it again?

The concrete corner (hairpin) at the most Northern/highest point on the Nürburgring Nordschleife. Therefore, have all 8+ cars lined up on the outside of the concrete, and, if we have enough interest, some cars driving on the concrete.

Now that would make it a picture perfect moment ... Virtual VLN Series at the home of the Real Life VLN Series ... makes one almost feel proud ... :)

Now that would make it a picture perfect moment ... Virtual VLN Series at the home of the Real Life VLN Series ... makes one almost feel proud ... :)

The guy who wins the 24h simulation in this series REALLY should feel proud. Everyone who finishes less than a minute down, too.

That is a great achievement ... pity I haven't had the time for the endurance races in A-Spec yet ...

I'd like to do one race, being the 24H of Nurburgring race. It's a shame that we aren't using the standard cars anymore, but I've retuned a new car, and I've decided to use my (pink) S2000 LM.

It's not the quickest car, but it's easy to tune, and I think over the 2 hours, it will be a very competitive car (getting sub 9 minutes on a hot lap on the ring!). The NSX may be 3 seconds quicker per lap, but it has its own issues.

It will be interesting to see how tactics with the tyres work out. Do you use hards so you safe time out of the pits, or stick with mediums in case it rains!... The problems the problems that we must solve...

Yeah, sorry, but the no-downforce cars were way too slow, and difficult to drive at Spa (in Eau Rouge, especially.) These cars just seem to be a better fit, and they look the part, as the S2000LM has those front lights, and the BMW looks exactly like one of the real VLN cars. :)

As for the strategy, it'll be quite interesting.

As for your sub-9 minutes lap times, was that on the Nordschleife, or the 24h track? Or...? That's really surprising.

Also, should we make the 24h Nürburgring simulation the first race, then, just in case you enjoy it enough to want to come to the rest of the races?

On the 24HR track I was doing just under 10 minutes in the wet with inters. So under 9 minutes seems possible.

Also, should we make the 24h Nürburgring simulation the first race, then, just in case you enjoy it enough to want to come to the rest of the races?

I'm definitely for this. 👍 It's my favourite track so looking forward to racing on it.

Good to have you. I'll add you shortly. :) Popular Finn is popular; your friend's list is full man. :lol:

Oh, thanks for telling me. I'll delete someone and add you tonight.

On the 24HR track I was doing just under 10 minutes in the wet with inters. So under 9 minutes seems possible.

Full wet (100%) using wets I was getting 10:13-15. You could set the car up for a sub 10:10 in the wet, maybe even squeeze all the way to 10:07, but you'd lose so much time in the dry if you do that.

I have the car balanced and the tracking set up about right (will only change to slight toe out at the front if we're starting very wet, luckily the back is fine the way it is in both conditions (HURRAH FOR FR :DDD) ). Camber is spot on for tyre wear (if we start wet I'll decrease it a bit). Will drop the hardness a bit if it starts wet as well, and add a bit more roll to the back.

I think I'm ready (famous last words). Just a bit of practice in the pitch dark, and I should be ready :)... and after I get pit strategy, wet strategy, and pace strategy sorted out.... -.-"

I'd say real.

Yup, that's correct.

Also, I got 8:56.xxx @ 24h in full dry on mediums. The car is planted, and will take a LOT of lunacy to spin/crash. I hit every apex, especially without ABS (all helps optional EXCEPT racing line, perhaps.)

Is everyone else getting below 9:00 @ 24h track?

So just got off the phone with my internet provider and bad news ... they only coming to do the install next week Tuesday ... so I'm out for the weekend :(... At least it gives me more time for practice ... :lol:

So just got off the phone with my internet provider and bad news ... they only coming to do the install next week Tuesday ... so I'm out for the weekend :(... At least it gives me more time for practice ... :lol:

Copy/paste. :lol: The same message was there in the Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge thread too.

Hey ... you not the only one who needs to know :) ... I have to be considerate to the others too hey ... :lol:

Well us South Africans are known for our comedic humor ... :dopey:
But the rest of the world doesn't get our jokes ... :(

All of South Africa was Dutch. Whether you're Dutch, or not, by blood, is irrelevant, in this case, because the Dutch influenced "Afrikaans" culture.

By blood, I'm not Hungarian. However, my step-grandfather (born in Transylvania, fought Hungarian revolution, survived U.S.S.R., and was exfiltrated by the C.I.A.) influenced me. :lol: I like Hungarian stuff, and lick my blood when I get papercuts. :lol:

Correction ... the first culture to discover this country was in fact the Portuguese. We have a very big Dutch, Brittish, Portuguese, Indian and Asian influence in this country. But I'm not about to bore this thread with South African history ... :lol:

Full wet (100%) using wets I was getting 10:13-15. You could set the car up for a sub 10:10 in the wet, maybe even squeeze all the way to 10:07, but you'd lose so much time in the dry if you do that.

I have the car balanced and the tracking set up about right (will only change to slight toe out at the front if we're starting very wet, luckily the back is fine the way it is in both conditions (HURRAH FOR FR :DDD) ). Camber is spot on for tyre wear (if we start wet I'll decrease it a bit). Will drop the hardness a bit if it starts wet as well, and add a bit more roll to the back.

I think I'm ready (famous last words). Just a bit of practice in the pitch dark, and I should be ready :)... and after I get pit strategy, wet strategy, and pace strategy sorted out.... -.-"

I use the same setup for every track, rain or dry. The rain stopped and the track was about 60% wet. It was in a CRZ-TC btw.

I use the same setup for every track, rain or dry. The rain stopped and the track was about 60% wet.

I'm with you on that one. :)

Also, it's preseason race day! HUZZA! I'm really happy. I'm getting a headstart on some drift tunes that I've promised, as I'm considering starting a tuning garage, but I will be going to sleep at some point soon. :) Then, once I wake up, it's full out VLN/Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge mode. :) I'm excited!

I might be doing a bible study this early afternoon so can you push the start back a half hour or 45minutes?

I might be doing a bible study this early afternoon so can you push the start back a half hour or 45minutes?

I could run two races today, one at the normal time, and one after, for your time.

Also, I think we'll just run a test for qualifying today, meaning everyone will put on quali tires (racing softs) and run their fastest laps. Simple, right?

Finally, I'm opening a lobby shortly: room number to follow

There's no skid force recovery right?

Also, I do think the soft tyres should be allowed, as without them, it will be awful to make a tyre selection for when the track is just damp.

At the moment, without any aids, skid force recovery, and grip set to real, using medium tyres on the 24hr track, with tyre degradation on too, with medium tyres, and a full tank of fuel, I was able to get it 8:54.040. It wasn't perfect, but it was quite close to it :P. I wouldn't be able to go much further than that. Maybe just break into 8:53.5XX, but I won't be able to go much quicker. The NSX RM is VERY quick however. It's about 3 seconds quicker than the S2000 LM. But it has a bit more tyre wear.

Another serious problem with the S2000 LM, is that it has poor lights. My lap times go down by 7 seconds a lap, just in the dark :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back