Wallbanger's "Tons of Fun"(Final Round Underway)

I just want to clear something up because I am feeling a bit dim today...is the minimum weight of 1650kg including ballast? eg a car of 1450kg weight with 200kg ballast, or must the car in question be a minimum of 1650kg WITHOUT ballast?

I'm mainly asking so nobody gets cheated by a lighter car on the speed competition...

Based on my conversations with our fearless host, 1450kg plus ballast qualifies. Sadly, the Lister Storm is about 12kg shy of qualifying :crazy:.

I just want to clear something up because I am feeling a bit dim today...is the minimum weight of 1650kg including ballast? eg a car of 1450kg weight with 200kg ballast, or must the car in question be a minimum of 1650kg WITHOUT ballast?

I'm mainly asking so nobody gets cheated by a lighter car on the speed competition...
Minimum weight is 1650kg, you can use Ballast to achieve this so yes any car that weighs at least 1450kg can qualify. But that's going to guarantee you'll only get 1 point on weight and would lose any tie breaker.

Can we get an idea of how the points system is going to work before we submit our cars? It might be helpful to know if for example, having the #1 heaviest car is going to gain you the same number of points as having the #1 fastest time. Will the points be evenly distributed for all categories or will some categories carry more points? ....etc.
All categories count for the same number of points, however weight will be used as the tie breaker.

Points will depend on the number of cars in a group but using a 6 car group as an example the top car for a category gets 6 points the next gets 5 etc. down to the last car getting 1 point. This is why having a car that blows everything else off the tracks by a wide margin doesn't necessarily guarantee success since the fastest time only gets you one more point than the next fastest regardless of the difference in time. This is what should make things so interesting because there is no obvious best car for this event, especially with the 2 subjective categories of Drivers Choice and Style being included in the mix.:D:crazy:

I've run a 52.5 at london and a 1:38.0 at monza. The weight limit is 1650 right??
Yes! See above.:lol:

Based on my conversations with our fearless host, 1450kg plus ballast qualifies. Sadly, the Lister Storm is about 12kg shy of qualifying :crazy:.
Unfortunately true, however the NASCARs and at least one Rally Car that I know of do qualify and there are probably a few other race cars/near race cars that qualify.:D

Ok…So heaviest wins more points right? If so, I'm feelin' good about my "car"*.

*Tank or transport tanker seems closer to the mark. :P

I would like to enter, if I could. Just got a PS3 up and running and getting back in the swing of things. Be a good way to get Trivial Tunes back and running.

Edit:
As a tuner that is.

Ok…So heaviest wins more points right? If so, I'm feelin' good about my "car"*.

*Tank or transport tanker seems closer to the mark. :P
The heaviest car in a 6 car group will score 6 points for weight, next heaviest 5 points, etc.

Note, if two or more cars have the same weight or receive the same number of votes etc. They both get the points for the lower position so say there are two tank cars at 3200kg or whatever they weigh and the third heaviest car in the group is an RS6 at 2400kg, the two tank cars would both get 5 points for weight and the RS6 would get 4 points. Of course some of the super heavy cars might actually want to use weight reduction for improved lap times and handling, possibly conceding the point on weight figuring they will score better in the other three categories...:sly:
Sort of becomes a chess match trying to get a combination that scores well across the board or going for top spot in a couple and hoping you don't get crushed elsewhere.:lol:

I would like to enter, if I could. Just got a PS3 up and running and getting back in the swing of things. Be a good way to get Trivial Tunes back and running.

Edit:
As a tuner that is.
Just received your confirmation and added you to the list.👍👍

soooo...before I head out on the road, and my frist testing is done, my daughter took pics of my testing and told me to post them..... she is very creative. :dopey:
london2j.jpg

london1.jpg

londonix.jpg

trialmountaincircuity.jpg

.....dhoooo...! Sorry don't know how that last one got in there.

Enjoy the shoot out everyone!!! :dopey:

Good to know. Mine is now 1801kg. :sly:

Just messing with you :dopey:. But this is why you should not reveal too soon. If I am close to a car that is posted early, maybe I will add a couple more kg for an extra point. 💡

No worries MM just tested another car and its quicker at London and slower at Monza..

So I have my car all lined up, it has unbeatable looks, good power, weighs close to 1900kg and, well...it makes me all tingly just looking at it :dopey: :sly:

Edit: looks like I am wasting my time, money, DLC paint and effort with this...57.2 on London, which I cannot stand and cannot drive, and a shockingly awful 1:51.something on Monza...

Last edited:
So far I'm running in the 55s on London and I think low 1'40s at Monza. The mule I'm hoping to enter is about 550PP right now but I can't decide if I want to go higher than that for power at Monza and risk losing some handling at London... :scared:

Darn you Wallbanger and your silly chess match! :lol:

So I have my car all lined up, it has unbeatable looks, good power, weighs close to 1900kg and, well...it makes me all tingly just looking at it :dopey: :sly:

Edit: looks like I am wasting my time, money, DLC paint and effort with this...57.2 on London, which I cannot stand and cannot drive, and a shockingly awful 1:51.something on Monza...

Laptimes are not important. Feel and fun is. And they are the two things you're good at, building some feel and fun into a lifeless car. :D

Onboy123
Laptimes are not important. Feel and fun is. And they are the two things you're good at, building some feel and fun into a lifeless car. :D

It will be even slower if I try to do anything else with it....I think my entry into all this is already done :dopey:

soooo...before I head out on the road, and my frist testing is done, my daughter took pics of my testing and told me to post them..... she is very creative. :dopey:

trialmountaincircuity.jpg

.....dhoooo...! Sorry don't know how that last one got in there.

Enjoy the shoot out everyone!!! :dopey:

Very nice pictures, congratulations, i love the little subaru "super featherweight" one.:)👍

Onboy123
Hmm……how about your SL Mafia Special edition with a few bodies in the trunk/boot? :lol:

I'd have to find the original SL for that, weighs a lot more :sly: and I am set on my current car. Problem is it feels fast, and I made huge improvments on cornering, but it is still so slow, and not all that heavy either :irked: and it is possibly the most beautifully futuristic look I have ever gone for :D

I will be entering as a tuner, pm following shortly.

Got your confirmation and added you.👍👍

I'll add you as a tuner Motor City Hemi as soon as I get your PM.:D Watch out here comes the Dodge/Chrysler boys!:lol:

Ok I think I know which car i'm gonna use.
I can Lap Monza in under 1:40 and should be able to get under 0:50 at london with some more practice and tuning, current best at london 0:53

Got your confirmation and added you.👍👍

I'll add you as a tuner Motor City Hemi as soon as I get your PM.:D Watch out here comes the Dodge/Chrysler boys!:lol:

It's Hami as in Hamilton, not Hemi. Thought about using that heavy Charger, but not enough style for me. have something else in mind.

Just to be clear, over 1650kg, sport softs and we can add all the tuning parts that we want?

It's Hami as in Hamilton, not Hemi. Thought about using that heavy Charger, but not enough style for me. have something else in mind.

Just to be clear, over 1650kg, sport softs and we can add all the tuning parts that we want?

Yup. Pretty much.

Sorry misread your name there.:dopey:
Yes you have it right.

Oh in case anyone else cares...go Smoke!:gtpflag: Third Cup championship and he did it right driving the wheels off to win the final race and the championship.👍👍

Yea…didn't quite get that either. Paint it Orange and make the first ever Dukes of Hazards entry in a F.I.T.T event! :D Or just paint it black and say it's after Steve McQueen's Mustang, or whatever it was in Bullit… :dopey:

Between the Classic one and the SRT8 I think they have plenty of style just in a different form than some of the Europeans. Should make the Style/photo category very interesting since I know there are a ton of people that love say the GT-Rs which I find blah.:drool:

That's the thing about such a subjective category, who knows what the voting public will like.:crazy::D

I am going to sound very very stupid now, but I am pretty confident nobody has got what I have :D although I am suddenly expecting a flood of "Oh no you di'n't girlfriend!" and hundreds of perfect replicas of whatever it was I found at the back of my garage

Latest Posts

Back