Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 4,373 comments
I hope I will be able to get 3rd place. I tried the other day to finish WTC600, I finished last with 20s to the guy in front...
I used my Toyota Celica Rally Car without any fair-play with AI cars... :sly: #TeamGrosBourrin

Finally it was much easier with the old Celica than with the car I've used when I tried this event before.

Easy second place without being too dirty. But Yamanaka kept a solid lead all along, unable to catch him.
With some training I may 100% WTC600

PD lets you use those car in these events. 🤷‍♀️

Perhaps recycling early game Sunday Cups as weekly challenge events (which require completing Menu 39? 40?) may not be the best idea.

I haven't (re-)run the events myself yet, but between 1.1 million and 1.26 million Cr. (if, somehow, you get the CRB at the two WTC events, something I didn't do in my first and so far only runnings) for about 47 minutes of racing (a bit shorter time required if you're playing on hard difficulty, a bit less time if you simply overpower the two Sunday Cup events) is a bit below par for the history of the challenges. Also, it appears, at least through the playthrough I saw on YouTube, there is absolutely no new elements to the recycled races, neither pre-race chatter nor cars not available when the races debuted.

As a trio of ex-television/soon-to-be-ex-car-web personalities say, "Still, could be worse." And it did get worse (or will, once I redo the Catalunya WTC 600 event, because this comment after I ran the initial rallycross Catalunya events didn't age well:
I completed the last time I'll do any of the current events with the World Rally Challenge and the Ford Focus Gr.B in 6:37.

Last edited:
For this week's challenges, I did the WTC 600 @ Catalunya Rallycross using a 2JZ-swapped GR Yaris, and I got a clean P1 on the first try. I think it might've somewhat helped that I also recently got gold on the Master Super license test that has you throw a Porsche 911 (930) around the same course. Then I did the Sunday Cup race at BB Raceway using the Ferrari 500 Mondial Pinin Farina Coupe that I hadn't driven yet, if only because I plan to use that same car for the two laps of Brands Hatch race. I didn't even do much to the car - I just put it on some BBS RS wheels, plus bought a ballast and power restrictor that I didn't even tinker with anyway. I did, however, put it on Sport Softs, if that really means anything.

I'm also glad to see that some of the events in these Weekly Challenges happen to sometimes be ones I haven't tried yet, like the WTC 800 @ Nurburgring round. I do already have over 85% of events completed, but it's still nice to work on that total completion as I do a Weekly Challenge regardless.

Ended up beating the Catalunya Rallycross with my '14 WRX and the Ring with a 787B cause why not
18c8e7afe5e70-screenshotUrl.jpg

The Special Event for this week (21st Dec) is absolutely perfect! The Civic (EK) Touring Car single make race around one of my favourite circuits... epic.

This kind of event should be in the base game though - not time limited. Imagine a single make championship across a few circuits like this Civic race. That would be an amazing addition and could bring new life to some of the less used cars like the Touring Car Civic/Silvia/MX5 etc. Come on Kaz!

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 Weekly Challenges: Civic Duty

A new set of Gran Turismo 7 Weekly Challenges are now available, setting players five new tasks to accomplish over the next seven days across some of the events already available along with one new Special Event...

Passing on the WTC800. I just don't have the "endurance" skills at the 'Ring with a controller. Finished all the others though. E30 M3 at the BB circuit(1st). My lowly Golf GTi on SS at Brands (2nd). WRX STi at the rallycross(2nd but I've won it before with what car I don't remember). Civic spec race was awesome. I love the Glen as an IMSA spectator and love driving on it in this game. It was like the Radical race last week, good competition. Won it with my PIAA sponsored touring car on SS. Nothing like that B-Spec engine screaming at high rpm.

Passing on the WTC800. I just don't have the "endurance" skills at the 'Ring with a controller. Finished all the others though. E30 M3 at the BB circuit(1st). My lowly Golf GTi on SS at Brands (2nd). WRX STi at the rallycross(2nd but I've won it before with what car I don't remember). Civic spec race was awesome. I love the Glen as an IMSA spectator and love driving on it in this game. It was like the Radical race last week, good competition. Won it with my PIAA sponsored touring car on SS. Nothing like that B-Spec engine screaming at high rpm.
WTC800. Give it a try with Lexus VGT racing mediums fuel economy set to 6 and see what happens. I initially thought I'd pass on this but it wasn't as scary as I thought. I too only use controller.
Also with you on the Radical race. Competed many times with that to try to get clean race bonus. Think I only managed it once in 20 attempts, too impatient at the start.

Last edited:
Passing on the WTC800. I just don't have the "endurance" skills at the 'Ring with a controller.
Done it with the Audi RS5, FM at 4 or 5, no stop, easy win.

Did first race with the Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT Veloce '67
The second one, I've first tried with the Ferrari 500 Mondial Pinin Farina Coupe '54 but finished 2nd, went back with the Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5-16 Evolution II '91
Did the rall-cross with the Toyota Celica GT-FOUR Rally Car (ST205) '95 (thanks to @Pesselles's advice)
Obviously the Civic race...
And as stated above, 3 laps on the ring with the Audi RS5, no stop. A bit too easy, but it is a bit long so I did not went back with another car to spice up things.

Last edited:
The Civic race, can it be done in a stock Civic touring car? or should i tune it a little?
I used the Stock Civic touring car and won, using the other Civic's would require tuning I believe
I agree, stock is plenty capable for this race. The enemy cars are very slow through the bus-stop chicane. I wouldn't be surprised if this race could be won on Comfort tires.

Back