Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 4,448 comments
Porsche 962 at the Nurb with racing hards and power turned down works a treat refuel end of lap 2.

Rallycross was rubbish. Used my engine swapped Focus RS I ruined for Tokyo, got second to that Yaris but that'll do.

Also used the Aston Martin Valkyrie on BB raceway, 100 grand ticket in less than two minutes.

Last edited:
Done it with the Audi RS5, FM at 4 or 5, no stop, easy win.
You are the man! Went for another go at it this afternoon in my R5. On RH and FM5. I just said to myself what the heck and drove. First lap was getting no know the car and passed a few. Next lap is when I started to get into a rhythm. Car was smooth for the most part. Good grip and good exit speeds. Had one off on this lap but that's from my overdriving. I was behind a group of 4 by Pflanzgarten and didn't see Kokobun probably going half our speed and rammed right into him. Luckily I didn't spin. Worked my way up to 6th by Dottinger Hohe and noticed a few in front of me pitting. By the start of the final lap I was in fourth. By this point I figured I can do it. Caught up with 3rd and passed him. Then had Fraga in sight and passed him at Wippermann. Deep breath, drive clean. Had another overdriving off but recovered still in 2nd. By the time I got to Hohenrain I had a smile that got even bigger right before the finish as 1st place F.Portilla in a Viper was crawling! Good thing I saw him because I would have rammed him too. Passed him right before the line. Man that was probably my most exciting GT7 race yet! Thanks again for all the tips!

Finally finished..... that so-called "track" at Barcelona is something I just can't handle, but eventually scraped 3rd with the Focus rally car detuned a bit. Rewards were 100k, 150k and today, 500k! Very happy with that.

Finally finished..... that so-called "track" at Barcelona is something I just can't handle, but eventually scraped 3rd with the Focus rally car detuned a bit. Rewards were 100k, 150k and today, 500k! Very happy with that.
Is there anyone out there who likes the rallycross event?
Managed first place but only by barging ; > )

I drove there for the first time (I think) with the Audi and it's awful. Ofc I never drove a rally car IRL but it's hard to imagine that a real car would be that slippery on the paved parts of the track.
I somehow wish Walter Röhrl would try this and tell us what he thinks.

Used A45 for race 2 and Focus Gr. B for race 3.
150k ticket showed up and waiting...

18c96b8157950-screenshotUrl.jpg

18c9d08845135-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, I like it. Once you know the track and the racing line it's pure fun ( to me at least, obviously :lol: ).
I won the race with my tuned Lancer Evo Final '15 at around 600 PP. It's been a clean race, no barging ... of course not. :cheers:

Ah, by the way, my other cars were Fiat 500 '08, Copen '02, Civic '97 and my trusty RX-VISION.

Edited for correctness.

Last edited:
I drove there for the first time (I think) with the Audi and it's awful. Ofc I never drove a rally car IRL but it's hard to imagine that a real car would be that slippery on the paved parts of the track.
I somehow wish Walter Röhrl would try this and tell us what he thinks.
Second that grip on tarmac or lack of it. I don't think it would be that slippery in real life.

This week's challenges actually were a bit of a challenge, at least initially. Here were the cars I ended up completing the week with.

18c98133c1198-screenshotUrl~2.jpg

The first two races were not much trouble. I believe the Ferrari came in P2 at Brands Hatch.

The Rallycross was a bit of a pain. At first I tried the Focus RS but was not really able to bring in a good result. So I switched to the Celica. I did have to assassinate the Yaris in the first lap to push them back so they'd have to fight through traffic, too. Only seems fair since we have to start so far back.

The Civic one-make at Watkins Glen was good fun. I did find it somewhat easy since the enemy cars have a terrible line through the bus-stop.

I also struggled somewhat at the Nurburgring. I tried with the Porsche 917, but I recreated the scene from the Gran Turismo movie and took flight at Quiddelbacker Höhe. So I tried in a Gr.3 car but I could not pick a strategy good enough for a podium finish. 1 stop, no stop, didn't matter. Without intervention from weather, I could not get it. And each race was dry. Ultimately, switched to the CLK-LM for an easy win.

All tickets rewarded correctly.

My weapons for this week:
  1. Sunday Cup - Toyota Prius
  2. European Clubman Cup - Porsche Carrera CS
  3. WTC600 - Toyota Celica Rally Car
  4. Special Event - Civic Touring Car
  5. WTC800 - Alpine VGT Race Mode
Rewards:
  1. Peugeot RCZ Gr. 3 (Workout)

Last edited:
First two races were straightforward. I think I ended up using the Focus GrB rally car and barging my way through after a number of attempts to “do it properly”. Have grinded the Civic event a couple of times for the CRB payout - for reference the competition is on SH tires so you can chose to make it as hard as you want to, but from a money grab perspective, you can clear the event in 10 mins flat on RH tires.

I used the 08 Gr2 Lexus for the event at the ‘Ring. No rain, and the fuel lasted for all three laps with only a little short shifting on the last lap. All the Gr3 cars in the race stopped at least once.

Today I completed the weekly challenges. Cars I drove:

- Golf GTi 83 (stock, CM tyres) - Sunday Cup at BB raceway - 1st place - 7500k CRB

- Ferrari Dino (stock, CM tyres) European Sunday Cup 500 at Brands Hatch - 3rd place 2x - 10k (6k CRB + 4k)

- Subaru WRX Sti 14 (stock, dirt) WTC 600 at Catalunya Rally - 3rd - 18k

- Civic Type R EK9 Touring Car (racing mufler + fully customizable gear, SH tyres) Special Event at Watskin Glenn - 3rd (1x) 1st (5x) - 356,400k

- Mercedes CLK LM 98 (power restriction 759pp, RS Tyres) WTC 800 at Nurburing - 1st 200k

Tickets 750k

Total credits 1,341,900
20829416112660075.jpg
20829566458313216.jpg

I had completed the weekly earlier in week but as I was doing the WTC800 at the Nurburgring, I had a nagging idea in the back of my head...
I tried the RedBull JUNIOR.... and won!
It can do the three at FM1 and with RM tyres had little wear, possibly with RS too.
Pleasantly surprised.
18c9a32ad6449-3fa315B375F96579043.7F0DCD06C091CCF5_message_436068823575796_1703393842092.jpg

R92CP detuned is a pretty easy win there as well. It's not a ton faster but it brakes better than anything and you don't have to refuel at all.

Nurburgring with the A5 DTM works perfect, thanks!
But what is going on with the frame rate in this race?
Is it normal some "stutter and fps frops" or is my new PS5 bad? (noticed it here and there on other races too, and in one driving licensce test.

Did the last 2 races.

For Civic, I tuned to 550PP and opponents were still little faster on straights, but braking way to early, so they can be passed.
Still, second one was 1.5s behind me at the end.
I love Watkins so I always enjoy there...

18c9d083ce04-screenshotUrl.jpg

18c9d08244937-screenshotUrl.jpg

For Nurburgring, I picked CLK-LM on RH.
Pitted once, didn't change the tires, pretty easy win, but lot of overtakes on grass, due to narrow track.

18c9d08062d80-screenshotUrl.jpg

Picked 500k and got additional 100k from daily marathon 5 star ticket.

But what is going on with the frame rate in this race?
Is it normal some "stutter and fps frops" or is my new PS5 bad? (noticed it here and there on other races too, and in one driving licensce test.
Visuals made this race a nightmare, it's been almost unplayable for me. The rendering performance of my PS4 was way beyond insufficient here and left me with an invisible track surface multiple times each lap on varying sectors of the Ring. I really had to guess where I am and where I should be going ...
Can you imagine taking Quiddelbacher Höhe, Flugplatz und Schwedenkreuz at full speed without seeing the road ? :crazy:
Very very annoying !

Won it with the Audi S1 a little detuned

Did the last 2 races.

For Civic, I tuned to 550PP and opponents were still little faster on straights, but braking way to early, so they can be passed.
Still, second one was 1.5s behind me at the end.
I love Watkins so I always enjoy there...

View attachment 1314167

View attachment 1314168

For Nurburgring, I picked CLK-LM on RH.
Pitted once, didn't change the tires, pretty easy win, but lot of overtakes on grass, due to narrow track.

View attachment 1314169

Picked 500k and got additional 100k from daily marathon 5 star ticket.
What Power level did you use?

I did the Nurburgring race in a mostly stock RX-Vision GT3 (I have nitrous fitted as it helps while in the pack, but it's not necessary) and won by over a minute.

Two laps on RH with short-shifting, refuel to 60 litres (this was actually a hair too much) and take on RMs.

Definitely had fun with the Civic EK race at Watkins Glen - all that's now left for me to do is the WTC 800 round at the Nurburgring, which I also an event I haven't done before. I'd say that's a nice way to increase the total percentage of completed World Circuits events.

Latest Posts

Back