Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 4,369 comments
View attachment 1375266

Couple of new content debuts there...
Race 2
PD: We've addressed the [RNG] jump physics. Please test it now. Also, stop complaining, and do more dirt driving.

I jest, but the very first thing I did before the servers came back online was test the modern Alpine A110 on Fisherman's Ranch. The jumps and landings are vastly more controllable. Driving and pushing for faster laps felt more natural. I had so much fun that I could have sworn that the Sega Rally Championship music had sneaked itself into GT7's soundtrack.

Please note that I re-ran the 600pp event at Fisherman's Ranch last week A LOT. This may be Stockholm syndrome talking.

Fun races, especially with trying out the updated physics and a new track. Shame to see more repeats but it seems there are certain events they just don't want to do, always enjoy races with time changes though, Laguna is very atmospheric at the sun goes down. The Gallardo race was somewhat surprising with how easy it was, AI is just really slow around that track.

Cars for the week:
full

This weeks cars.:)
Gran Turismo® 7_20240726073112.png

Overall not a enjoyable weekly this week for me.

My reasons.

Race 1 - The jimmy being feature again Personally I'm getting a little tried of seeing the jimmy be feature so many times in the weekly challenges when there are around 95% other cars that they can featured.

Race 2 - Not a fun of rally but thank goodness the track is at least fun.

Race 3 - Meh.

Race 4 - The only highlight for me this week I used my Pagini Huarya beautiful car, sound and handling.

Race 5 - I have no interest in doing the last race has I have no interest in driving a gr4 car.

Let's try out this update...
View attachment 1375363

Cash tickets! Woohoo!
I did the races early this morning. It turned out to be a great way to get familiar with some the changes and new content in the update.

weekly-challenge-202407w4-r1.jpg

Eigen Norwand - Suzuki Jimny XC '19 - It took me a couple of attempts. In the first, I tried the car with only the slight modifications that I'd made to win the other Jimny Cup races -- computer, air filter, and muffler. It wasn't nearly enough. The other cars just took off on me. So for my second attempt I added a turbo and weight reduction. That was maybe too much, because it was just too easy. First ticket obtained.

weekly-challenge-202407w4-r2.jpg

Fishermans Ranch - Subaru Impreza Rally Car '98 - What a difference these new physics changes make in the dirt! It feels like a completely new game -- a better one. I made no changes to the car besides the dirt tires. It was an easy win.

weekly-challenge-202407w4-r3.jpg

Sardegna B - Lambourghini Gallardo LP 560-4 '08 - I switched to SS for this, but otherwise left the car unchanged. This was easier than I expected. I got by the lead car on lap 3 and had couple laps to myself to drive around. Nice car. Second ticket obtained.

weekly-challenge-202407w4-r4.jpg

Interlagos - Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07 - Upgraded the tires to SS, but left the car otherwise unchanged. This is a fun race at a track that has slowly been growing on me. The car handles well and keeps up with the other cars. It took me until lap 6 to finally catch and overtake the leader. I suspect there was a fair bit of rubberbanding working in my favour. No problems getting the win.

weekly-challenge-202407w4-r5.jpg

Laguna Seca - Mazda Atenza Gr.4 - The Atenza is pretty good on fuel, so I went with a fuel-saving no-pit strategy for this one. I threw on some RM tires and short-shifted the car at half-way through the rev bar to make the fuel last. Worked like a charm. I passed most of the cars while they were in the pits on laps 7, 8, and 9. Final ticket won.

Could always run a ~700 PP tuned car or something designed to match a real race car, the Porsche I ran is to the 2010 Carrera Cup specs for example.
maybe the 687PP Gallardo from his picture, just sitting there already tuned and liveried

I decided to do the last race with my beloved p1.:embarrassed:

Using the p1 gtr tune by praiano63 and with how much better the p1 handles with the new physics I got first place by 45 seconds with only 1 pit stop.
WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca_.jpeg

Fun fact - In all my time with GT7 this is the first time I bring my p1 to Laguna Seca race track.:)

Used Kudos for this week's challenges, and we shall see how things go with the new physics...

• Jimny Cup: meh
  • World Rally Challenge: Peugeot 205 T16
  • Gallardo special: meh
  • Hypercar Parade: FXX-K (again)
  • WTC 700: McLaren 650S GR.4 (need to buy this)

Wish me luck!

I did the WTC900 at Autopolis from last week's WCs, and somehow I obliterated my lap times and won the race comfortably, despite having done it three times last week and finished 2nd every time (because the lead AI (O. Jehoul/Lexus GT500) didn't pit). I was lapping at low 1:39s in the GT-R GT500 '16 on RMs, but tonight I was hitting 1:36s without breaking a sweat - in the same car without any changes. O. Jehoul did, however, pit this time, otherwise I still would have lost, but I guess the performance difference in the car is down to BoP changes? If the no-pitting issue has also been addressed, though, that would be a bonus.

Those are the last used cars in the garage, if you chose to sort them this way, then he crops the other cars.
Yep, I know how to sort them this way ... but - that's the question - how can I crop all the rest ?

Edit

Ok, this is a double screenshot. One on the PS and the final one on the MAC. No idea how to do it in a simpler way.
My cars :

Bildschirmfoto 2024-07-26 um 22.06.53.png

Last edited:
Yep, I know how to sort them this way ... but - that's the question - how can I crop all the rest ?
I use the default tool from Windows called "Photos" (in french) and there is a crop tool when editing an image.

Did the Jimny at Eiger, at the first braking I thought it would do a forward somersault, worse than a 2CV that car.

Fisherman's ranch was nice, not sure how different the rally is post-update.

The Lambo event was nice, only changed tyres to RH, the car was doing lovely slides on corners. Not sure what AI cars had as exhausts but I've needed to be a few secondes in front to hear my own engine 🤣 (and I was still hearing their non road-legal exhausts in the background)

Last edited:
Used the RUF 4.2 for the fourth race. Man, that thing is a blast. I put the exhaust, headers, and cams on it (as those liven up the exhaust tone) and some RS tires just because... she just scoots! What a pleasant driving (and sounding, and looking) car.

Dat booty do!

a695ff94f7c4241e52bb2d3aa687dd1c_photo.webp

How do you do select and visualize these 5 cars ? Is it a screenshot edited with Photoshop ? Can't figure this out ... 🙈
I 'get in' each of the cars so they are my most recently driven ones. Then I just take a screenshot from the 'Change Car' screen in the garage with the view option toggled to 'Full' (or whatever it is). I sort by most recently driven so that they all show up together at the top of the screen.

Then comes the rigmarole of getting it onto my laptop. I use the PS App on my phone to download it to my phone. Upload it from my phone to my Google Drive. Download it from there onto my laptop.

Once it is on my laptop, I use MS Paint 3D to crop it to the five cars I want.

It is a bit of a pain, but nothing too complicated -- just a lot of silly steps because PlayStation doesn't have a website for downloading screenshots.

I'm still learning and trying to get used to my PS5 and the controller so some of races were downright ugly. lol
Easy win with my modded Jimny:
Eiger Nordwand_ by 2cam16, on Flickr
Used my 155 when I did this race last so Alfa it was today. No stops. Easy win.
WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca__1 by 2cam16, on Flickr
Decided to use a car I haven't driven yet so chose my 918. This thing is quick! Overkill with the RS tires.
Autódromo de Interlagos_ by 2cam16, on Flickr
Had to mod my Gallardo after seeing the competition. Ugly race. Two big "offs" but still won by around 9 secs.
Sardegna - Road Track - B__1 by 2cam16, on Flickr
Fisherman's I really enjoyed for the first time. The new physics sure improved the rally experience. Car rotated clean and smooth compared to the past. Pretty settled in the turns. I'll have to try other rally cars.
Fishermans Ranch__3 by 2cam16, on Flickr

I don't know if is the new physics, the car , the settings or whatever but the new Lambo is awful.
Might be entertaining for some but for me trying to control a sliding elephant isn't at my skills menu .

The Subaru is great on dirt but i guess here had to do with new physics that make the car more comfortable to drive and especially over the jumps is day and night difference.

Great that we don't have bloody tickets as rewards.

I don't know if is the new physics, the car , the settings or whatever but the new Lambo is awful.
Might be entertaining for some but for me trying to control a sliding elephant isn't at my skills menu .

The Subaru is great on dirt but i guess here had to do with new physics that make the car more comfortable to drive and especially over the jumps is day and night difference.

Great that we don't have bloody tickets as rewards.
Brake balance at -5 on the Lambo helped me immensely. So did aero front and rear.

The Subaru is also a rocket fully tuned, hitting 190mph at LeMans. Stable even with the stock suspension set-up.

Just wrapped up the last win for this week. I hadn't tried any rallycross yet, so it was a good time to get acquainted with it. There was some promising comments from Super GT about it, and the thing that visually stood out was the smoothness, whereas driving on dirt previously felt very twitchy. Almost everything about the handling is 'slower' -- the best way I could describe it.

The Jimny is an interesting choice to showcase Eiger Nordwand with. The entirety of Stacked Deck would be upset I was reunited with the Gallardo :lol:

EventCarPPPower (HP)Weight (lbs)Tire / Strategy
Jimny CupJimny XC '18337.08952271Comfort: Soft
World Rally ChallengePorsche 911 Carerra RS (964) '92533.882882493Dirt
Special Event - Lamgorghini Gallardo One-MakeLamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 '08627.235523108Sports: Hard
Hypercar ParadeFerrari F12berlinetta '12638.457303362Sports: Hard
World Touring Car 700Ford Mustang Mach 1 '71644.784452743Racing: 10H

Unsurprisingly, the WTC700 was pretty tough in the Mustang. This car did like staying stable at the end of a long braking zone. Not the hardest car ever, but definitely a little quirky.

WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca__1.jpeg

Last edited:
Brake balance at -5 on the Lambo helped me immensely. So did aero front and rear.

The Subaru is also a rocket fully tuned, hitting 190mph at LeMans. Stable even with the stock suspension set-up.

Usually i run them stock with upgraded tyres since i clear them on easy level 😂 (and feel no shame to admit it ) had to make weight reduction up to 3 stage for this one .
Certainly for me isn't a car to invest more at it .

Weekly races for me is another and different grid opportunity, its very rare to do a race more than one time and if a car attracts my attention i use it in other races .

Then comes the rigmarole of getting it onto my laptop. I use the PS App on my phone to download it to my phone. Upload it from my phone to my Google Drive. Download it from there onto my laptop.
[...]
just a lot of silly steps because PlayStation doesn't have a website for downloading screenshots.
Oh boy I subscribe to that ! What a mess. Plus, I don't know if it is my phone or what, but PSApp is painfully slow. And 1/3 times, download fails, for no reason, I touch the down arrow again and it downloads fine.

(and my dumbphone often forgets to connect to home wifi, so it asks me if I want to transfer images through data plan)

To send the images from phone to PC I use WhatsApp, by sending a message to myself.

Our screencaps should go where our shared images go : to the showcase (which is accessible online too).

@Moose78 @Lomic

Thanks for your comments, guys.
I transfer PS screenshots via USB drive to my computer since forever without any problems. It's always just a bit of extra time and effort ... and I thought whether there is a PS screenshot tool that lets you select the area that I didn't know of. That's why I was asking.
Thanks again friends !

:gtpflag:

I transfer PS screenshots via USB drive to my computer
I used to do that but I find it even longer. The caps go on PSApp automatically if all is well, and from there I manage all, without USB key.

But if I want the best quality image, USB remains the right option. PSApp or images shared via the showcase are lower resolution and more compressed.

Last edited:
Just done the race at Lagune, have the sausage kerbs always been there on the corners? Ive not raced there for ages but never noticed them, maybe never cut the corners that muck. 😄

Latest Posts

Back