Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 4,827 comments
Again parts and 6* ticket.
200 (6).gif

Bleh on parts tickets. Looks like some good ones except for the Gr.1. Will have to check if I've run it already. Why did it have to be Petite LeMans this weekend? :lol:

Bleh on parts tickets. Looks like some good ones except for the Gr.1. Will have to check if I've run it already. Why did it have to be Petite LeMans this weekend? :lol:
IMSA is doing Petit LeMans this weekend but I believe you probably know that 🤔 🤣 . Anyway this week looks decent, I wish they would get rid of the parts ticket though :mad:. I don't mind the car ticket I usually get something decent

weekly-challenge-202410w2-cars.png

All ready to go. I haven't driven any of these cars before, so I'd consider this a good week. I'm looking forward to trying them out.

I could not care less about the parts ticket. I'll cross my fingers, as usual, for a car I don't already own, or at least one I can sell for more than 500,000 credits.

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 Weekly Challenges: Final Evolution

There’s a new set of Gran Turismo 7 Weekly Challenges becoming available across the next few hours, bringing a fresh quintet of challenges to tackle during the week for some bonus rewards...

Last edited:
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 Weekly Challenges: Final Evolution

There’s a new set of Gran Turismo 7 Weekly Challenges becoming available across the next few hours, bringing a fresh quintet of five challenges to tackle during the week for some bonus rewards...
Cool, I'm gonna read the full article now. Thanks for the heads-up! Now I can get an idea of what I'm up against this upcoming week.

Last edited:
The DTM event and the update tempted me back from my GT7 break. This one took up all my driving time.

Oddly, I enjoyed Nurburgring Sprint. Though I hate the GP layout with a passion, the short lap here helped me be less annoyed with the first sector and generally find a flow.

NOTES
  • I did all runs on hard difficulty
  • My builds are using Racing Softs unless otherwise noted
  • Fastest AI run I saw was 14.45.xx (Alfa Romeos)
  • No PD Penalties, so everyone jumps the final chicane.
  • 700pp sprint builds on Racing Softs or Racing Mediums are the sweet spot for difficulty / fun driving
  • However, if you pick an underpowered momentum car, the back markers are particularly obnoxious
  • All the AI, aside from the Alfa 155s, brake DEEP into corners - they WILL take you out
  • GT7 needs more DTM cars and events

The DTM Road Car Rogues' Gallery

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo III

1st Place (29.747 second lead)
Total Time: 14:26.262
Best Lap: 1:26.327

~720pp build that came over from the Evo race. Rock solid and stable to a (understeery) fault. I didn't realize how fast the car was going until I saw the lead at the end. This should have been a DTM car in real life.

Weeklies - DTM - Action - EVOiii.jpg

Ford Sierra Cosworth

1st Place (4.401 second lead)
Total Time: 14:48.504
Best Lap: 1:28.291

Where was the crazy top speed that this car had in the Race of Turbo Sports? :indiff: Good brakes, but very sketchy on corner exits with not enough power to justify the effort.

Weeklies - DTM - Action - Sierra.jpg

BMW M3 Sport Evo

1st Place (6.496 second lead)
Total Time: 14:45.713
Best Lap: 1:28.047

Loose under heavy braking and generally twitchy. Lovely engine note.

Weeklies - DTM - Action - M3 Sport Evo.jpg

Alfa Romeo 155 DTM

1st Place (22.053 second lead)
Total Time: 14:39.935
Best Lap: 1:27.903

On my first run, the Alfa lacked the pace that others had mentioned here - it was a momentum car, I learned later. The brakes felt average compared to the AI's nonsense.

No power mods needed. Just Racing Softs and the Racing Transmission.

Weeklies - DTM - Action - Alfa 155.jpg

Honda Integra (K20 Swap)

1st Place by 17.871 seconds
Total Time: 14:38.155
Best Lap: 1:27.353

I ran this 3 times to assert Front Wheel Drive dominance. The more ballast I added to the front, the more the PP rating as well as the laptimes dropped :lol:

Weeklies - DTM - Action - Integra - 2.jpg

Mazda Atenza XD (:lol:) - Diesel POWERrrrrrr

1st Place (15.907 second lead)
Total Time:14:43.808
Best Lap: 1:28.129

The low PP hero prevailed. I did 2 runs. One with the Low RPM Turbo at 634pp (380hp, but 630lbft / 854 nm of torque!!!) Close win.

The Medium RPM Turbo was much faster at 647pp, despite being down on torque. Overall, this car exuded crazed DTM energy.

Weeklies - DTM - Action - Atenza XD.jpg

Dodge Charger Hellcat - Good Kitty

1st Place (18.036 second lead)
Total Time: 14:36.748
Best Lap: 1:27.202

My Charger is an overweight touring car. I ran a 700pp endurance build on Racing Mediums. It outclassed the field in all but braking.

Weeklies - DTM - Action - Charger 1.jpg

AMG Red (Yellow) Pig

4th Place (behind by 10.244 seconds)
Total Time: 15.16.7xx
Best Lap: 1:31.046

I may have won if the pack started closer together or I didn't have to contend with back marker blockers. The field outclassed me in braking and acceleration. No podium, but the AMG looked and felt so good that I wasn't bothered.

PD, may I please have a supercharger for this and an extra 100hp?

Weeklies - DTM - Action - Yellow Pig - 1.jpg

Porsche Taycan

1st Place (30.361 second lead)
Total Time: 14.30.224
Best Lap: 1:26.286

Electric mega torque and more agile than something this heavy has any right to be. I sacrificed power and brakes for added lightness and grip.

Weeklies - DTM - Action - Taycan - Drama.jpg

AMG A 45 (Nugget)

1st Place (19.544 second lead)
Total Time: 14:27.132
Best Lap: 1:25.956

700pp was about as far as I could tune this car. Lots of power, grip and acceleration, but the A 45 wanted to slide under trail braking. Similar to the Gr.B Rally Cars.

Weeklies - DTM - Action - AMG Nugget.jpg

Pontiac Firebird Trans Am

1st Place (15.036 second lead)
Total Time: 14:34.708
Best Lap: 1:27.235

The Firebird is one of my hero cars. My build was maxed out at 705pp. I had just enough mechanical grip to run with everyone in the corners, and then I dominated on the straightaways.

One of the best sounding V8s in the game.

Weeklies - DTM - Action - Green Bird - 1.jpg

Mercedes 190 E 2.5 - Overpowered 4 Cylinder

1st Place (30.593 second lead)
Total Time: 14:14.547
Best Lap: 1:24.583

~730pp fully tuned build with all the aero. 560hp with the Low RPM Turbo :lol:

Sketchy on corner exits. Amazing brakes. Absolute monster.

Weeklies - DTM - Action - 190 PWRrrr - 1.jpg

BONUS
I have been eating bollards all week, and I will not stop:

Weeklies - DTM - Action - Integra - Eat It - 1.jpg

Attachments

• Weeklies - DTM - Action - Atenza XD.jpg
    Weeklies - DTM - Action - Atenza XD.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Weeklies - DTM - Action - 190 PWRrrr.jpg
    Weeklies - DTM - Action - 190 PWRrrr.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Weeklies - DTM - Action - Charger 1.jpg
    Weeklies - DTM - Action - Charger 1.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Done the first 4 this morning.

Nice special event.

Got a 6* engine ticket as a reward for DM... that's gone a be a full 6* tickets when I'll get the 6* car one 😅

Not sure I'll get it easily, last time I tried this Gr.1 event I finished 18th... I'll read what cars you use for this one with interest.

Looking through all the posts above I think I missed a trick with this week's DTM event. I ran it twice - once with the Alfa and got owned, then added the Med-RPM turbo and won by miles. Really should have spent some time building up some DTM hero cars, seeing as I own them all!

The next special event is less conducive to running multiple cars (Roadster NA or nothing) so I'll just get a good livery done for that then finish the event.

Might have to run the Evo race with all the different Evo's I bought from the UCD this week though...

Sunday Cup and FF 450 I'll run with the same car. Haven't driven any of the Suzuki Swifts before, so I'll choose one (probably the newer one) and give that a bit of a tune and some very minor mods and get it out there for a couple of events. Gr.1 Prototype series I'll probably go with one of the Gr.1s I've not driven before, like the old Peugeot 908, Toyota TS030 or the Audi R11. No doubt with that one I'll have to drop the difficulty rating again - I really struggle with high downforce cars...

Can you show your settings for redbull car?
Needs a tune up, but just upped the weight.
IMG_5318.jpeg

IMG_5319.jpeg

Was tempted to run RH, but just just used the cornering advantage to slice the gap to the lead 908. My laps were 1:07s and with traffic and worn tyres was seeing 1:09s-1:10s. First stint was short. Second stint was about 7-8 laps on FM1, but I short shifted when I saw P1 was running a bit long before pitting.
When the 908 pit, I chopped the lead to about 13 seconds and then when I pit, I was up 3 seconds as provisional leader with the SRT still having yet to make its second stop.
My last stop was with about five or six minutes to go and I didn’t need to overfill in case I had to do one more lap. My last lap was with 58 seconds left and I was at 1.2 Laps left in the tank and good enough tyres left. Gap was about twenty something seconds.

Last edited:
I had a really fun one (kind of a gun to a knife fight, but I digress) at BH with my M2. This car is a lot of fun... It likes to step out so hard but when you find the rhythm it's an absolute weapon. Just under 600PP with SS tires and although it's a razor, it's also a HOOT to drive. I took the time trial route on the last lap and it looks a little squirrelly, but it was a riot. I don't always find the groove when I play but this day I did. 😂

Back