Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 4,899 comments
WC_241004_B4b.jpg

I'm enjoying the only engine-swapped car I actually use ( don't ask why ) ! She's taking P1 after having passed Degner for the first time. :lol:

WC_241004_R4b.jpg

I jumped into the GR1 race yesterday morning just to see... Started making time and ended up winning at the end with the Porsche 919 pretty easily on RM not conserving fuel at all and just stopping when needed. Short shifted at the end and since I started with zero strategy I had to bump and bruise a little to get through. I think a crb is totally possible with this car and probably easy with RS tires because the fuel dictates the pit, not the tires in this format. The Porsche always feels like a cheat code at this level. Such a planted and predictable machine.

Is anyone else having problems with the randomizer site?

Mine is stuck on Week 1 and I'm not sure if I'm missing something.

(I know I can 'manually' spin the wheel, btw)

Finally got around to doing the weekly challenge. I must say I had a lot of fun with the 30 minutes of Petit LeMan. It took a few tries to get in a groove. I started with LM55 VGT but I used FM6 and fell behind quickly so then I tried the RedBull 2019 and I didn't like it. Next I tried the GR010 and I didn't like that so I went back to the LM55. This time I went FM4 and I was able to win with 2 stops for fuel and 1 for tires. I didn't really the tires to be changed on the 1st stop but I thought it might be better to change them at that time and it worked out well for me. I didn't get the CRB because I passed a car under yellow but I really enjoyed this race I will revisit at some other time and try some different cars.
1928b48688616-screenshotUrl.jpg

I started out the Evolution meeting because I forgot to do the menu book for that so I used the Evo 2015 with the Grp B engine swap I took 1s place.
I did the Miata race with touring Car version maxxed it out and it was fun. I was willing to put the 787 engine because I didn't have enough money for it.
1928b48a45a66-screenshotUrl.jpg

Next I used one of the Civics for Autopolis finished in 1st'
1928b48bfa266-screenshotUrl.jpg

Lastly by the time I got the Broad Bean race I was ready to dust this off so I used the Valkyrie so I get this done in under minute

1928b48e2bd43-screenshotUrl.jpg

I got carbon brakes for a Hellcat and the Genesis Gr.1. I already had one but I decided to keep it. Overall this was a good week and I will definitely go back to Road Atlanta

First 3 races done and I snuck in the Evo race at Colorado Springs (left the third Evo race for now) as well and the new Sunday Cup race at Tokyo which features the "Bullet Express" van in the AI cars :D

No "sex machine" called Shaft, but another duplicate part instead which I installed as I've already installed the previous one :'(
20241014_121320.jpg

Unexpected bonus - 6 star ticket for daily marathon gave me 5 gooooooold rings erm bars:
20241014_121454.jpg

Had a lot of fun with this week's challenges! All the cars I ended up using were right on the edge of a challenge, without being too boring.

Sunday Cup at BB Raceway
Was looking for a low PP option and saw this legendary car I had never used. The Abarth 1500 Biposto Bertone B.A.T 1 '52 is beautiful to look at. That's about it. The interior is a trip in VR, tons of attention to detail and very beautiful. At least it was light enough to win this race bone stock.
1728932249237.png

Japanese FF Challenge 450 at Autopolis Short
Grabbed the new old Civic EG, slapped on better tires, and was able to defeat the Type Rs. I need to spend more time with this car, it's a lot of fun to drive for FF. Also saw a B18 swap, so I need another one of these next time they pop up in the user car dealer and make a Hot Version Spoon replica.
1728932242585.png

Evolution Meeting at Kyoto Driving Park
Wasn't sure how difficult the opposition would be, so grabbed one of my 600pp Tokyo test cars and tweaked it for the event. The reverse layout was tricky, but the race wasn't too much to handle. I think I should build up a TME from scratch for this event...
1728932228580.png

Roadster One-Make at Suzuka Circuit
Had already made some engine modifications to this Miata Touring Car, so the race wasn't too tricky, but I plan on coming back with a stock one to try this again. Also wondering how the 787b swapped Miata drives, is it too fast for this race? Anyways, a fun race with good competition, there's a reason these cars have their own racing series.
1728932263721.png

Gr. 1 Prototype Series at Road Atlanta
What a great, and obnoxious, race this was. Toyota GR010 was a total dud on first try, not sure how people are running those to win this race. Next attempts with the Porsche 962 C had me losing twice on the last lap (I wanted 1st not 3rd). Ended up with the Nissan R92CP, which was faster. Unfortunately this meant 1 additional lap in the race, which I didn't have enough fuel for... Finally, for attempt #4, with a 8-9-8 strat on softs, I passed the Tomahawk for the win on the last lap.
1728932273308.png

Last edited:
I used the LM55 VGT 2 stop at FM4 on RMs. I changed the tires and fuel 1st pitstop then I pitted from 1st place with about 12 minutes left but I didn't change the tires then. That seemed to work for me it also helped that the car in 2nd pitted right after I did so instead of losing any time I gained an extra 30 seconds.

Back