What all new cars do you want to see in GT7?

• Thread starter iMatazzie
  • 2,699 comments
Genesis GV60 '23
2023-Genesis-GV60.jpg

Gotta be honest...including a bunch of EVs - even as our reality is quickly evolving - is going to be the thing that kills racing games and Gran Turismo for me.

The game is missing so many incredible road and race cars from history that it makes no sense to be adding new EVs. The industry hasn't even figured out how to give these cars any soul outside unique design graphics. They're high-style appliances and the driving experience is virtually indistinguishable between cars and brands. From a performance standpoint, there is no passion.

You could argue that the game is about racing and that you can race EVs just fine, but the game isn't just about racing. It's about car culture, and car culture is defined by passion. Unique drivetrains, unique layouts, unique handling characteristics, unique sounds, unique problems, these are some of the reasons people are passionate about their favorite cars or brands. So far, the existing crop of EVs is the most homogenized group of cars ever created, all having effectively the same exact drivetrain with the same layout making the same noises and producing the same amount of power with the same delivery. It's like buying a refrigerator - some of them have plastic shelves and some have glass but they all get cold the exact same way. Almost everything about their marketing is frivolous.

That's not passion. Passion is dying. Passion existed for sure, and the game should now be focusing on automotive passion and history the same way GT4 did when it introduced a magnificent number of classics and historical context to the series.

I'd much rather spend several hours of my life figuring out how to get a three-wheeled Mercedes around the Nurburgring than drive a completely hopeless electric car in a GT game.

Gotta be honest...including a bunch of EVs - even as our reality is quickly evolving - is going to be the thing that kills racing games and Gran Turismo for me.

The game is missing so many incredible road and race cars from history that it makes no sense to be adding new EVs. The industry hasn't even figured out how to give these cars any soul outside unique design graphics. They're high-style appliances and the driving experience is virtually indistinguishable between cars and brands. From a performance standpoint, there is no passion.

You could argue that the game is about racing and that you can race EVs just fine, but the game isn't just about racing. It's about car culture, and car culture is defined by passion. Unique drivetrains, unique layouts, unique handling characteristics, unique sounds, unique problems, these are some of the reasons people are passionate about their favorite cars or brands. So far, the existing crop of EVs is the most homogenized group of cars ever created, all having effectively the same exact drivetrain with the same layout making the same noises and producing the same amount of power with the same delivery. It's like buying a refrigerator - some of them have plastic shelves and some have glass but they all get cold the exact same way. Almost everything about their marketing is frivolous.

That's not passion. Passion is dying. Passion existed for sure, and the game should now be focusing on automotive passion and history the same way GT4 did when it introduced a magnificent number of classics and historical context to the series.

I'd much rather spend several hours of my life figuring out how to get a three-wheeled Mercedes around the Nurburgring than drive a completely hopeless electric car in a GT game.
I only suggested it because it's quirky and has decent handling. Not because I'm a contrarian and hate combustion engines because I don't, but as far as EV's go, the GV60 is a pretty good one which I wouldn't mind having.

BMW E36 M3
I don't know what Kaz has against the E36 M3 but the series has literally never had one. Kinda crazy. Like, I have several friends with E36 M3s, they're highly sought after and becoming rarer and more valuable. How the hell hard can it be to model and include one at some point in 25 years.

Last edited:
I don't know what Kaz has against the E36 M3 but the series has literally never had one. Kinda crazy. Like, I have several friends with E36 M3s, they're highly sought after and becoming rarer and more valuable. How the hell hard can it be to model and include one at some point in 25 years.
I feel the same. Well, we had to wait until GTsport to get the e30 m3 so how long will he keep us waiting? The closest thing we got to drive in game was the 135i or the Tii concept dating from gt5 prologue, gt5 and gt6. In the past, I always thought maybe they did not put the car in the game because the e36 could be regarded as not enough of a sportscar. But with time, I think that while it may not be as hardcore as the e30 m3, it is more than ever, a sportscar classic. Well, it is a must have in the game. Owning a North American spec, I would really like to drive a digital Euro spec version on the Nordschleife.

Buy Forza Motorsport and you won't have this problem.

Not interested in buying the Call of Duty of driving games just for an underwhelming model of an old BMW.
I think the game is great. Hardly the Call Of Duty of driving games if you ask me. Also, are you admitting that the E36 is underwhelming? Because if so, that is the correct answer as the E46 is better in every way.

Last edited:
Just kills me with the tools we have now, all the things we could be doing with a proper new, to the Gran Turismo franchise, E36 M3.
Mind you, in GT7, I’m still having a blast with my E30s. Would be nice to complete the set.

I'd love to see the new 220i and the F20 1 Series, just to have some competition at the 86/BRZ/ND MX-5 tier.

A regular E36 3-series was going to be in GT2 (this is footage from the GT2+ mod that restores it), by the way:

EDIT: On that end, I tried making a mod that converts it to a M3, but gave up once I realized that some model modifications, not just textures, are required - I had completed texturing the wheel at that point. (Not only I barely know how to 3D model, GT2 model format was still a black box at the time, unlike now.)

Last edited:
This classic muscle car recently got my attention lately, and seems that it deserves more love as it eventually became a NASCAR icon.

MM195-STOCK3-01.jpg

Ford Galaxie 500 XL Lightweight '63
To be sold in the Hagerty Collection (Legend Cars).

"This special version of the Ford Galaxie was a race-bred monster built to wage war in NASCAR and the NHRA "Stock Eliminator" racing series."

Most of the muscle cars in the 1960s were built around the idea of pure brute force in their design, incorporating large and powerful engines capable of exciting performance, but at the end of the day, they were designed to shine on the racetrack. One such car that fits this very well is the Ford Galaxie, and rumor has it that the car gets its name because it was introduced during the era of the "Space Race", which occurred a few years before the first moon landing. This was also before Ford forged a partnership with Carroll Shelby and went on to dominate Le Mans during the later half of the 60s.

This particular model is in fact the second-generation Galaxie, using the R-code chassis, with its appeal being popular in NASCAR and the NHRA's (National Hot Rod Association) "Stock Eliminator" series, and rightfully so, as it was sold during a time where "win on Sunday, sell on Monday" was a popular marketing stunt for most American sports cars, with Ford putting up with fierce rivalry against Chevrolet, Dodge, Pontiac and other major manufacturers in that respect.

The car was powered by a 427 cubic inch (7.0L) V8 producing the maximum standard of 425 horsepower, linked to a four-speed manual transmission, meeting the maximum threshold for engines of this calibre, but its weight did hamper its performance at times. Because most manufacturers turned to reducing the weight of their cars as the logical solution to increasing performance, Ford did this with the 1963 1/2 model, which eventually led to the birth of the 500 XL Lightweight.

As a result of this, the Galaxie was put on a strict diet; with heavy use of fiberglass in its body panels, and that the bumpers now used aluminum instead of steel. It also featured a completely lightened chassis which was originally meant for its six-cylinder versions and had luxuries such as the heater completely removed, resulting in a curb weight of 3420lb (1551kg), roughly 400lb less than the previous model.

For NHRA's Stock Eliminator homologation, it was required that 200 models of this particular version of the Galaxie were sold, and all featured a single color in Corinthian White with a bespoke red interior.

Last edited:
I love to see this old rust bucket from the 80s. I think most have dissolved by now.

Lancia Beta Montecarlo Spider 2000.
luzzago-1975-srl-lancia-beta-montecarlo-1981-1-2023-04-24-13-13-59.jpg

Also the race going version.
39694_79_lancia_beta_monte_carlo_turbo_02.jpg

Last edited:
Old post but everybody ignored it. This car is already in the game lol. You can modify it with these body parts.
Yes I knew the ’71 was in the game but never realized you could do the wide body to make it look like the GT5. Still not the GT5-S but closer. 👍👍

The mid 80s GT5-S still has the better interior, not that I ever look at that….

Now that the Super GT season is over, I'm thinking we'll get the new GT500 cars. Felt PD might wait to see what team won the Championship. A modern au Cerumo Supra, would be a perfect return.

Back