What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 12,956 comments
In the last couple of days I took a step back from creating and updating liveries. I did the opposite.

9E88D6E0-36A9-4E56-B31D-8843FC8BA318.jpeg

Now I have around 25 cars that I grinded for. And they all look phenomenal. No need to use fancy liveries. They were around 699 PP before and will now be used in my upcoming races.

The Living Legend Porsche is going to be my Safety Car. Surely I‘ll create another Custom Race Series for these beauties. Probably will use some of the cars in races for 799 PP, too.

FC572F78-AAE4-4A16-B76A-D67E573BAF9D.jpeg

You can do the same. Get rid of your liveries. Join the dark side…

50327B61-BA9C-43E7-A0DE-E6AEB6DD52EB.jpeg

Won Human Comedy Maggiore by 20s. Used Porsche to do it and little shortshifting tough had do watch some tutorials to improve my pace. Got for golding all human comedy missions Aston Martin DB5. Bought Ferrari 288 GTO. Imo this Human Comedy missions were great addition and one of better aspect of singleplayer.

Last edited:
I bought a second Lamborghini Diablo as I'm recreating some JGTC races, and noticed that there was in fact 2 Diablos in the 1998 season.

Footage of virtually the entire '98 season is on YouTube, but there is surprisingly little of the Diablos... sure, they were normally near the back of the GT500 grid and didn't feature much at the sharp end, but even then it is hard to find footage of the actual races.

From what I can see, the two liveries are the 'Nomad' Diablo on the #88 car, and the Valvoline livery on the #777, though there's also a 'Rain X' livery that was used in earlier years, but I don't think it was actually used in '98 in JGTC.
I finally decided to attempt the switch, AT to MT. I’m a AT lifer so this will be a major challenge. L1/R1 seems to be most comfortable at the moment (oh for a dualsense pro with back paddles). Wish me luck.
The best move you will ever make (well, in GT anyway...)

I was practically forced to make the switch in GT3 as the last thing I had to do was win the Formula GT race at Monaco/Cote d'Azur, and in AT it would always drop to 1st gear in slow corners, and make me spin. Switching the MT was much, much easier than I expected, and it practically instantly improved my game by quite a long way - I'm sure it will do the same for you too, good luck!!

Last edited:
@Fezzik, once you get used to handling the shifts yourself, you'll never go back. Use the "suggested" gear as a guide, but don't entirely rely on it.

On the GTP account, I proved the superiority of the Gr.2 machines, specifically the 2008 Honda NSX GT500, at Sardegna. I had to save a bit of fuel to make it to 8 laps, and manage tire wear on both stints on RM tires, but I got the job done in 26:06.

The 6-star engine marathon roulette gave me my first Ford Test Car engine. Too bad I already have a very serviceable 700-PP class Focus RS. Maybe once I get a second engine, I'll see what it can do, both at Tokyo as a 600-PP class car and at Sarthe.

On the Plus account, I did the same 2008 version of GT500 slaying, only with the Lexus SC430 GT500. Through better tire management and no need to conserve fuel to make it 8 laps, I lapped the field in 25:36.

The 4-star marathon roulette gave me a second Amuse 380RS. Hopefully we'll get to sell cars soon.

I did have enough cash to buy the road-going AMG VGT. Hopefully it isn't as useless as the racing version, though with very few upgrades (and none in the power or downforce categories), it probably will be.

Last edited:
Converted my ps4 data over too me brand new ps5 :) Went too Tokyo Expressway and was amazed too see the buildings looking nice and complete, not the drab concrete grey the majority are on ps4 version. loving the better sound too.

I finally decided to attempt the switch, AT to MT. I’m a AT lifer so this will be a major challenge. L1/R1 seems to be most comfortable at the moment (oh for a dualsense pro with back paddles). Wish me luck.
a bit like this :cheers:

Hi,

You will reap rich reward from the switch - I was the same and it does take some getting used to! However...

Engine braking, Torque optimisation, Slip angle, wheel spin and a host of other "getting quicker" things await! Good luck!!!

Ohh - I managed an optimum time of a 1:46:000 in the Time Trial tonight - A 1:45:xxx beckons. Must have been because I was wearing my super quick socks! :-)

Best regards to all here.

Ian.

You won’t regret the decision. The manual transmission is far better than the auto. I switched to a manual in 2020 after spending many years in racing games using an automatic. I am much faster now after ditching the AT and other aids like TCS and ASM. I guarantee that, once you’re used to an MT, you will be too.

———————————————————

So, what I did today: improved some of my license test times. My times were set way back before the physics patch when I had to use TCS for RWD cars most of the time because the cars wanted to send me to the realm (there were some exceptions, like the Silvia TC and RCZ Gr.3)

Now, with the physics in an improved state and me having more experience with the new physics model, I had to shave off some seconds, particularly in the Super License time attack laps.

Last edited:
I did the Deep Forest Human Comedy race. I ended up finishing 10th.

I'm kicking myself, because it was my poor race strategy that cost me - I used a Mitsubishi GTO with stage 3 weight reduction, sports suspension, racing hards, an air filter, polished ports, ECU, engine balancing, and an intercooler (I think, off the top of my head - I basically added as much power as I could, without going over the 620 PP limit).

I forgot to upgrade my brakes, so I had to adjust my driving style.

By lap 10, I had taken first place.

My FM was set to power, and I could actually squeeze 22 laps out of my car, before needing to pit.

So I did exactly that.

Huge mistake - the slim lead I built up was eroded while it took my car over a minute to change tyres, and fuel up, and I was never able to catch up again.

Still - fun race.

My next attempt, I will pit a little earlier.

Been wondering where the catch a glimpse of your driver in rear view mirror is that you see in the opening movie but not seeing it ingame. Been driving alot with my ps5 version of GT7 , what a noob, didn't realise i coulda updated from ps4 too ps5 for an extra £10, bought a disc copy.

Last edited:
After golding last human comedy mission have no much more to do in singleplayer so started to golding musica rally ;d Had to repeat few times Trial Mountain ;d Not that bad, imo should be in circuit missions with some money award for golding.

I didn't want to think after starting late, so I took the KTM to Tokyo on both the GTP and Plus accounts. On the GTP account, I didn't get through traffic real well, and I had to save fuel, but I still eked out a win only to get the lowest-possible 5,000 Cr. from the 3-star Wheel of Despair. I don't have enough for either of the Gr.2's that eventually will return to Hagerty's (even before the coming price increases), or the McLaren that will be there tomorrow night. Fortunately, I do already have all the Abarths.

On the Plus account, better traffic and fuel management led to an easier win and the same lowest-possible 5,000 Cr. from the 3-star Wheel of Despair. Despite having enough money to get the next 1,000,000 Cr. Brand Central car, I decided to wait for the fresh cars coming overnight.

Got through all the new races and extra menus. Bought the Cayman GT4. Set a 80-90% lap at the Catalunya National layout.

I have to be brutally honest here: these underwhelming updates have become old.

Three new cars (that stupid Dior Mangusta doesn’t count), two of which I can’t get until 8 PM ET. Only a small handful of new events. No new endurance races to provide new ways to grind. Hell, I would’ve been happy with a 30-minute race around the Horse Thief Mile with Gr.B cars on comfort tires at this point. But no, just a few sprint races and call it a day. It’s a bit disappointing. And still no car selling function.

I sound like a curmudgeon, but come on. I know I’m not alone.

Last edited:
Even if they do eventually add the car selling function, it'll only keep people occupied for about an hour and then they'll have nothing to do again. It's not like PD are going to add in a Forza-style Auction House - just a button click, collect a small percentage of credits you've spent (nothing for gifts or bonanzas, and only for duplicates) and move on.

Finished the the new races and almost all the extra menus except for the Abarth one. Tried to do Tokyo with the BAC Mono and got punted into the wall on the 3rd lap while leading and got 15 seconds worth of penalties. Grinded Sardegna with the GR010 and the 787B despite the update messing with tire wear. Daily ticket got only 5K credits and the 6 star one got me an engine swap which I already had 3 of. What a real kick in the teeth this game gave me....

Last edited:
Didn't have much time today, so took the Mazda Lm55 VGT gr1 to LeMans to test out the rumours of the new tyre deg. Sure enough, RH lasted 5 laps. Probably could've gone a couple more I think, but as I pitted for fuel, I changed tyres. Usually, they're not needed. Its a game changer. The 699PP settings sheet I had for this car at LeMans changed to 718PP. LSD tweaks got it back down.
6 star parts ticket got an ultra high rpm turbo for the Nissan Gt-r safety car
6 star engine ticket got a Rampage Roadster engine
4 star Daily workout ticket revealed 30000 credits.
Seems the Discord group race at Monza (no chicane) strategy is out of the window. So we move onwards and upwards.
Ttfn
Edit: grammar

Last edited:
Loaded up the game for the update. Got the two tickets from the bonus menus. Got a dupe part and engine. Updated and organized my garage with the added cars with available swaps then did the rx8. Purchased the cayman. Looked for the possibility to actually buy the engines for swaps and checked for selling parts or cars. Looked at the new track layouts and events but didn't have the interest to run any laps. Not even for the daily miles. Switched to Ride 4 for a short bit and then here for update news.

I just did the WTC700 race at Le Mans and they've definitely tightened that event up a bit.

Firstly, the tyre wear is massively higher - RH tyres can barely last three laps now.

I won, but only by 8 seconds, which for a fully dry race is something of a change compared to normal. Still, it was at least a very enjoyable race and the CRB also seems to be intact for this event.

I do think, however, that they should simply ditch the daily ticket prize - it's infuriating and actually irritates me now, and yet having the ticket to collect is like having a notification you can't ignore. I wish they'd just scrap it altogether.

Last edited:
On the GTP account, I re-verified the PP of all the cars I own, as well as noted the new engine/new body costs for the Hagerty's cars. I then bought the 3 2016 GT500 cars, and hit up Luca for my tickets (I already owned the 3 cars for the Abarth collection). The parts ticket gave me the S camshaft for the Megane safety car, while the engine ticket gave me another GT test car engine.

I then bought 4 RX-8s, shoved 787B engines in them, and widened 2. I also grabbed 4 Z34 Fairladys in the vain hope I'll get engines for them, the "new" Porsche, and very stupidly, the Dior Mangusta. I guess I won't be shopping Hagerty's for a while.

I went to Catalunya for the 4 new races. I could have cheated and used the very-glitched BMW M4 Safety Car (it's under 500 PP, while the base M4 is around 564 PP) in the European Sunday Cup 500, but instead I shook the dust off a 1989 BMW M3 Sport Evolution I had lying around. It was good enough for a 1.6-second win in 3:12, and 37,500 Cr. with the clean race bonus, or somewhere between 600,000 Cr. and 700,000 Cr. per hour in grinding.

I then grabbed the tuned-to-650-PP 911 GT3 (997) for the Porsche Cup. It wasn't enough; I finished 1.2 seconds behind Carrazza and his 997 in 9:44. I did manage 72,900 Cr. for a 2nd and clean race. I needed the similarly-tuned Taycan for the win, in 9:39, by 2.7 seconds over Carrazza, and 81,000 Cr. (no clean race). Gee, another difficult way to almost get 700,000 Cr. per hour; what a surprise.

After that, I fitted some dirt tires to a near-600-PP tuned Mitsubishi GTO, took it to the semi-dirt WTC 600, and had an easy, if dirty win of 3.9 seconds in 5:13. It wasn't clean enough to get the bonus, and 45,000 Cr. Even if it can be done cleanly, it's not even 750,000 Cr. per hour.

I repeated the dirty deed with the Peugeot 205 in the World Rally Challenge, getting a win of 4.6 seconds in 6:38 and 65,000 Cr. If one gets lucky and manages the CRB, maybe 800,000 Cr. per hour is possible.

The result...er...insulting 4-star Wheel of Despair gave the fully-expected lowest-possible 10,000 Cr.

Over on the Plus account, I got the Dior Mangusta and the civilian Cayman, then hit up Luca for the tickets as I already owned all 6 car. That netted me a Stoke Up S for the DeLorean and the new Camaro ZL1 1LE engine.

I didn't play around in the European Sunday Cup 500; since the Ferrari FXX K was legal, I clubbed 7 baby seals in 2:31. With menu loading times, that won't get me 800,000 Cr. per hour.

Since I had it and there no restrictions against using a race car or racing tires, I used the Clubsport Cayman for the Porsche Cup. Even with Carrazza playing hero and getting the 2 fastest laps in the race on laps 4 and 5, I beat him by 9.9 seconds in 9:23..with a clean race bonus. Still short of 750,000 Cr. an hour.

After buying dirt tires for the GT-R NISMO, I played in the dirt in the WTC 600. I almost had a clean win in 5:07.

I completed the last time I'll do any of the current events with the World Rally Challenge and the Ford Focus Gr.B in 6:37. Needless to say, I'm completely unimpressed with the new events, especially the two on the autocross circuit.

At least the 3-star workout roulette gave me something of minimal value - a 2017 Alpine A110. If only we could sell cars.

Completed/acquired all of the new content in just under an hour - minus buying the McLaren MP4/4. Not looking to drop 8 million on it at this time as I’m not sure what event(s) it could possibly be used in. Will consider it later.
All of the races were very easy wins, though I must admit the rallycross events were a good bit of fun even for how easy they were. Used a 911 for the Porsche cup, the WRX Gr.B for the rallycross and an 830pp Aventador for the unlimited pp (400pp recommended) event, because why not?
Got 10k from daily marathon ticket, some S part for the Toyota S-FR from the 6 star parts ticket and another Corvette engine from the 6 star engine ticket.
Got really annoyed that all of my favorite cars I use the most had their PP ****** by the update now I have to retune them all for their respective events. I’ll do that after I’ve had some drinks.

Back