What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 13,057 comments
Did some online race B , with and without success . Good thing i'm getting better among the jungle of dr B drivers.

What make my day was a race with a dutch driver , side by side for half a lap , pay for all the dirty race 😉✌️

Also had a try at the new time trial , that was tough 🤣🤣

My day on GT7:
Weekly challenge 4 Trial Mountain, Ford Focus RS '16, soft setup, drive set 70:30 with 550hp goes like stink out of corners and does 180mph flat out, clipped a few kerbs but just kept right on almost like they don't exist, easy win a clean race.
Bought a Nissan Gtr from leg ends to complete the nissan race car collection won a Peugeot L500vgt from this ticket.
Bought a BMW CSL 73 from used cars to drop a spare z4 motor into, did a couple of slides around Goodwood in this slow but fun old beast, painted it a nice bright BMW blue and stuck some larger BBS alloys on it, if you see me coming get out of the way it's as manoeuvrable as a container ship in a gale. Yes I could make it grip better but I'm not sure I can be arsed to do that.
Went straight into a RedBull x2019 and raced at interlagos, lost by 12seconds having pitted end of lap 8 on soft slicks, a second a lap sounds a lot but I'm as rusty as an old nail in a car this quick and I'm pretty sure I'm over braking. Can't be bothered to do more laps at the moment.
Daily wheel, invite to spend 2.3m at brand central on another Porsche, no thanks.
Week has been expensive with the bonus menus and various pretty things turning up at the dealers. Tomorrow weekly5 and possibly Spa 1hour?

-Fully modified my S2000 and took it to Tsukuba
-Bought the Ferrari 512 BB, fully tuned it and took it to Brands Hatch
-Fully modified my BMW M4 and took it to Road Atlanta
-Fully modified my GR Corolla and took it to Deep Forest

Today I tried TT at Mount Panorama for the 2nd time, however with no improvement.

A 100kms driven there gave me a 4 stars ticket which dropped a 10k reward for my time.

Made a livery for the Porsche Gr3.

18d90c3848567-0e321DC53D8D226824E.5AF533D2220C5786_message_437127826817812_1707530573507.jpg

Hello warmly after a long break.

I see that the weekly Daily is coming to an end, I haven't tried anything yet. Last time with Deep Forest GR2, out of 6 positions, I finished 4th. Just one attempt. I practice a lot in the lobby, cleanliness is like 50/50. Sometimes it goes well, sometimes you want to hide.

I steadily accumulate practice on the track, hoping to add a bit to the wallet.

This morning, there were 4 laps on the track in Barcelona with chicanes. I started 3rd, lost a position after 3 turns, and was 4th. Still on the same lap, I caught up and drove about 1 second behind the leaders for the rest of the distance. During the last lap, the third driver lost the rear and ended up off the track. I moved up to second. Coming out of the chicane, just before the last turn, the leader also went off track because he lost rear grip. He aggressively entered the tarmac of the right-hand chicane and was thrown into the air; probably at that moment, he applied too much throttle and when landing, the situation was already decided, especially since he was straightening the car and probably at the moment of contact with the asphalt, the wheels were turned.

So, I won that. A positive highlight.

Race Gr3, I was flying NISMO 18.

Discovery! The Honda 2&4 and the Honda RA272 are very evenly matched if you put RH tires (luckily the only(?) tire type that stays equipped) on the 2&4, so you can have a cute little vintage vs modern open wheeled Honda custom race. The AI is still the AI so it's not too hard of a win but I thought this was worth sharing.

-Fully modified my Tesla Model 3 Performance and drove it around Laguna Seca
-Fully modified my Ford Focus ST and drove it around the High Speed Ring
-Fully modified my VW Scirocco and drove it around Dragon Trail Gardens
-Fully modified my Ford GT '17 and drove it around Nurburgring GP

I finished off the Weekly Challenge races, but not without a bit of work.

The Radical race at Nurburgring GP was alot of fun, but I couldn't win the race (on Hard difficulty) with the stock car - I ended up tuning it with parts that didn't raise HP and added about 10% more PP to the car. It still took me 2 attempts to win.

I also completed the WTC 900 race at Autopolis, a race I've won before, but I found it difficult to win with a stock Gr.2 car, and took 4 attempts to do it - first two tries were with the NSX and I was getting nowhere; then I used the GT-R NISMO GT500 '08 and got 3rd, then 1st. The trick was to use RMs for 6 laps and RS for 4 laps. I took the lead as the top two AI cars came out of the pits at the start of lap 10, and stayed ahead to win by 0.7s.

World Touring Car 900 race at Autopolis AKA part 5 of the weekly challenge. Porsche 962c with a medium turbo and medium tyres, fuel management at level 4, pit on lap 6. Well that was the plan, took 4 attempts to avoid complete carnage on lap one and off I went. Plan executed pitted from 3rd, new tyres full tank out in 9th FM3 and chased the pack. Caught 2nd at the end of lap 9 and passed him on the pit straight, chased p1 all the way back to the pit straight and he pitted, I won well done AI continue on no fuel and you could probably have limped over the line a few hundredths in front of me.
Anyway 150k for the race, 500k for 5/5 and got my daily ticket for 5k.
Logged onto my daughter's account ran her group1 Bugatti at Suzuka, everyone stayed out in a deluge whilst I put on wet tyres passed all the other cars in one lap on the wet got a penalty for a yellow flag infringement but was sufficiently Infront for it not to bother. Pit again on 7 dry tyres caught the leader on lap 10 he was still on wets so overtaken mid bend. Daily wheel gave her 500k.

Today I finished the weekly challenges (Silvia Sisters and the WTC900 events) and started buying parts and maximizing my cars.

So, today I upgraded my dear Golf GTI '83 (no engine swapp). Bought parts for it (all the way up to the racing tab) and applied JC's tune. It works great!

4b4fb46753d7c68194ab1b355950beea_thumb_l_x2.jpg

JC' garage has done a great work on FF cars. It's worth checking it out.

Last edited:
I did the weekly challenges today, and
I completed the BRZ drift mission. My respects to all those who really drift consistently and in a controlled manner. For me, drifting remains a torture.

After that I was faced with a problem ...
nearly_done.jpg

The only thing I'm still missing at the moment is the BVLGARI. I was briefly considered buying a wristwatch for €5,200.00 to keep the QR-code and then selling the watch at the UWD (used watch dealer) for half the price.

My bank account made the decision for me :lol:

Cheers M

So today , finally decide i should try race that Mazda 3 for the final day of race B.
Still prefer the Ferrari but AT the end managed the Mazda better.

Also did the 900pp race to finish weekly challenge.

And also went do a bit of CE at autopolis

Today was a grand endurance day, a few hours on ACC then over to GT7 where I ran 2 WT 800 races at Spa, Alternate account finished 16th (rain killed me again) but on my Primary account I applied some lessons learned and finished 3rd. Good day!

Last edited:
Hi GT7 folks :)

As my DualSense started to "stick drift", I've ordored a new one to keep on playing on GT7 and sharing with this amazing community.

I wanted to gold the Mount Panorama CE this morning but it's barely impossible to complete a lap without crashing the car for no reason, so I've decided to improve some of my "already golded" Master licence tests.

Here are some examples (the full list of the updated licence tests is at the end of this looooooong post)

Expert A-1 : Peugeot 208 GTI - 0:26.291 - The key here is to slow down the car just a bit for the first turn on the left (stay over to 130km/h) and then full throttle to the end. Replay available in game.

1707738063017.png

Expert A-5 : Ford Focus RS - 0:17.268 - The car is very pleasant on the snow and allows you to concentrate on driving. But without braking, the car will not turn. With a degressive braking, we will first lose speed, then press forward to maintain maximum maneuverability. As soon as the apex is passed (mine is not optimal), we resume acceleration without forcing while seeking traction. Finally, you have to feel the right moment to go back to full throttle. Replay available in game.

1707738264479.png

Expert A-7 - BMW M3 - 0:18.192 - The '07 BMW M3 is really dynamic, but this part of Dragon Trail can be more difficult to grasp. You must therefore start by learning the correct trajectory, which remains quite classic. Then, it's a matter of adapting your speed, your braking which will be more useful for positioning your car and finally, accelerating as soon as the front wheels are straight to regain and maintain your speed.

1707738442190.png

As promised earlier, here is the full list of my Master licence tests improved today:

Master B
2- Dodge Viper GTS '13 - 0:17.637
3- Honda S660 '15 - 0:17.116
7- Mercedes 190 2.5 16S - 0:17.584
8- Mazda RX-8 Spirit R '12 - 0:17.815
9- Ford Sierra RS500 Cosworth '87 - 0:20.620

Master A
1- Peugeot 208 GTI - 0:26.291
2- Mazda RX-7 (FD) Spirit R '02 - 0:25.344
3- Alfa Romeo Giulia GTAm '20 - 0:19.021
5- Ford Focus RS '18 - 0:17.268
7- BMW M3 '07 - 0:18.192
8- Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec '97 - 0:24.823

Master IB
1- Ferrari GTO '84 - 0:21.848
2- Chevrolet Corvette (C4) ZR1 '89 - 0:28.684
8- BMW M2 Competition '18 - 0:30.483

Master IA
3- Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STi '04 - 0:27.890
5- Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R (KPGC110) '73 - 0:37.948 (yesterday)

1707763739884.png

Hope you'll find here some motivation to go back to the licence tests section and improve your previous scores.

The daily marathon roulette was generous today (even if I still expect a Citroen invitation for months....)

1707739927795.png

Attachments

• 1707738967949.png
    1707738967949.png
    32.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Back