What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 12,956 comments
Yesterday, Two days without racing I had new weekly challenges to do. Jimminy in the snow; race prepared car was an easy win +15 seconds at the end trick is all in throttle control, (Jiminy can win all the KCar races if you don't mind a bit of a wallowing ride), 6* parts yields was a carbon prop shaft for a Toyota Corolla (joy of joys)........
Tesla's model3 stock car, blurg a narrow win (hateful car)....
Tokyo 600pp I took a stock Lamborghini Diablo GT out for a run, inept sports hard tyres I slid and squeaked my way around to lead on lap5 before being pushed into the wall by a green Lambo without time to recapture him, 2nd place, 200k ticket for 3rd weekly challenge and a 4* ticket, ticket for me 30k. Ohhh look there's a Tom Clancy movie on to watch on a Friday evening, do the next race tomorrow?

On the GTP account, I did a 4-stop wet-and-wild run at Sarthe in the 2013 Nissan GT-R GT3 for a 4-star Wheel of Despair giving me the shaft (crankshaft for a car that I already have all I could want, to be exact).

On the Plus account, I borrowed its older cousin (the Super Silhouette) at Watkins Glen for Daily Race B. I started 15th/last in an all-D/S room, the only driver to not take a time. That is where I finished, as I couldn't take advantage of any early mistakes, and didn't want to take advantage of an inadvertent ram of a suddenly-unghosted car in the final turn on lap 3 that "earned" 14th place a 2-second penalty.

Since the other 2 dailys were too far away, I took the fake GT-R Gr.4 to Sarthe for credits. It was another wet one, and Haywood and McEwen put on near-master classes in the wet. Fortunately, I was able to make a 1-stop strategy work for...you guessed it...a 3-star Wheel of Despair that wasn't really a despair, giving me the Gr.4 Supra (which I hung onto to have one remain completely stock).

The room at Lake Louise was all over the map - there even was an A driver among the 9 of us, with me starting last, 2nd of 2 to not take a time. I spun out on lap 1, but kept it off the wall, and got by somebody who didn't keep it off the walls to finish 7th of 8 finishers.

To finish the Weekly Races and get above halfway to 50, I rented the BMW/McLaren longtail. As usual, I didn't qualify, starting 13th of 14 D drivers, 2nd of 3 who didn't qualify. Thanks to a pair of dropouts, a pair who kept getting into the wall, and somebody who simply parked it in the pits, I finished 9th.

Yesterday hit the 850pp vision race at Monza, used a Bugatti VGT car detuned and bunkered up to hit the performance limits, still in excess of 1100hp, more downforce than you could need, slaughtered the AI.
Took the same car to LeMans for a single lap time trial (to match the 26miles for the day) 3:34 on a less than perfect lap, 242mph down the straight is stonkingly fast; DW reward parts for a mercedes GTRr the wheel that gives seems to continue to hand out some real corkers.

Have a drive with stratos and alpine a110 '72 , redoing all sunday classic race . Fun

Did a few different sunday and clubman race to complète series .

Tried around GW few GT3 i did not drive yet , really like the Mercedes and Ferrari 650.

Today I have purchased the Mercedes E190 Cosworth Evo, kinda reminiscent of my teens, I'm pretty sure one was a two page spread in a certain gentleman's magazine that may have been in my possession. Also a work colleague in one of my earliest employments had tried to make a replica form a 190 diesel, god awful car especially the manual gearbox and crashy suspension where he had had somone shorten the springs with a grinder.
Race wise did the Bathurst race that's part 5 of the weekly challenge. In the '84 Skyline Silhouette, racing mediums and playing with the fuel management. I ran out of fuel just before the last corner but still rolled over the start finish line in first place. Done a load of mission races form the first three missions groups, most of which I hadn't even touched apart from ones Luca makes you do; bronze in most, silver in a few and even a couple of golds without trying. Two gift cars granted. Daily roulette gave me 30k and the gold ticket won 500k. A good day's play and would recommend the Skyline if you want a nimble 700pp alternative.

fail at colorado circuit experience... killer jumps! Got bronze and got the hell out. also tried using 50/50 power dist. but still wasn't any fun. Got my ticket, a lambo invitation. Great, a useless reward giving me entitlement to something I'll never buy!

Last edited:
It was another ho-hum day at Sarthe. On the Plus account, it was with the Citroen GT Gr.4, for an all-car 4-star ticket that gave me, for a second time, the Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.4. As it was only my second, I hung onto it.

I took the hint on the GTP account, and used the 4C. I should not have, as it is too slow to win a no-rain race. I finished 6.7 seconds behind McEwen, and the only reason it wasn't 3rd was Portilla was unusually slow., All that was for an all-cash 4-star Wheel of Despair bearing the 2nd-lowest-showing/lowest-legal 10,000 Cr.

I was spending some time with my daughter so while she was playing on her tablet I bought a 2nd 512, then I finished the Jimny menu and started Sardegna with the Genesis VGT. I didn't finish because my finished her tablet so I switched to the Mazda VGT to go to LeMans to get my mileage. After that I opened my 2 ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 🎫 where I got a Gr3 Toyota VGT and 30k cr.
My daughter asked could make any changes to the car so I told I couldn't do that particular one as far as body parts but I would switch to one I could. So I grabbed a stock XJ220 and had her help pick out parts, paint it and start working on a livery.

Finished Menu book 39 (World Tour - last of the original books).

Went through as many of the extra books as I could to mark any cars that I don't have, to make it easier to find what I need. Completed 3 Extra books quickly.

Pulled the Bugatti invite from a 4 star ticket, and despite hating the car and not needing it, I know it's needed for a later extra book, so I purchased the Veyron.

After purchasing the Veyron and a bunch of good cars for extra books, I went from just over 3mill credits to barely above 100k credits.

Time to do some more track experience!

Did a pre breakfast run today of the Tsukuba 30lap circuit mission race a second place finish on my first attempt in a Toyota Yaris GR. Nasty challenge for a poor reward but I'm pretty sure I could go a lot faster if and when I fancy chasing golds.
Was enough for the daily rewards and I won a Honda Civic '22, pretty sure that's the fourth one??

I was able to get back on last night and I took the Genesis back out to Sardegna. I added some ballast to help make it more stable. I also decided to basically not drop below 3rd gear if I could help it. That helped a lot until I got to lap 13 I came out of a turn to quick and spun then I got blasted by the AI. So I took a spin out by the pit lane and actually crashed into the barrier so I ended making an unexpected pit stop. Still won the race. Bought a Super Bee and a 88 SIlvia

kjb
I was able to get back on last night and I took the Genesis back out to Sardegna. I added some ballast to help make it more stable. I also decided to basically not drop below 3rd gear if I could help it. That helped a lot until I got to lap 13 I came out of a turn to quick and spun then I got blasted by the AI. So I took a spin out by the pit lane and actually crashed into the barrier so I ended making an unexpected pit stop. Still won the race. Bought a Super Bee and a 88 SIlvia

That car is a disaster , I try it at TT and give up when i secure silver .
Make an attempt to race it at weekly race but i quit before fill half a lap.
If you want to punish yourself for a reason, can't go wrong with this one , its the Stratos of VGT's 😂

That car is a disaster , I try it at TT and give up when i secure silver .
Make an attempt to race it at weekly race but i quit before fill half a lap.
If you want to punish yourself for a reason, can't go wrong with this one , its the Stratos of VGT's 😂
I think I take offense when I can't get a car to work right, I am going to try my best to get it to work. It is really hard when you can't really adjust anything but add ballast or turn up the TC 🤣

Well well well.... Sometimes you can have very good days with GT7.

Today I bought the BMW Mclaren F1 GTR 95.

Finally!!!

So, it's 1 out of 3 Mclarens acquired. (still waiting for the gr2 Longtail version and the road car).

Also bought the Mercedes 300 SL from the LCD.

Took the Mclaren to Sardegna for both money and test drive purposes.

A 4 stars ticket dropped a Porsche inviation.

That's a good day in my book.

20830156595682988.jpg

18d7ab4f0ed67-0e321DC53D8D226824E.5AF533D2220C5786_message_437033124513587_1707160642631.jpg

On the GTP account, I sold off most of my widebody cars (hanging onto the invitation-only ones and those I couldn't sell because I had multiples), then hit Sardegna with the Lamborghini Huracan GT3. The 4-star Wheel of Despair gave the 2nd-low-showing/lowest-legal 10,000 Cr.

On the Plus account, I ran the Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 at Sardegna. The 2nd 3-star Wheel of Despair of 4 for the month, an all-cash variety, gave the middle-showing/2nd-lowest-legal 10,000 Cr. WHEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Woke up. Got coffee. Fired up GT7. Looked at the rewards offered for the weeklies. Laughed out loud. Oh PD, you truly ARE a saucy bugger aren't you? Won't be bothering with those.

Ran Sardegna twice. Won 30k for my DW.

Became dumbfounded.

Jumped on and decided to progress through the extra post-release menu books on the 2nd account. Next up is the Kei Car book. Picked the Honda S660 as I already had the car. Started race one and quickly realized this car requires tuning - both Lopez and Fraga are running tuned cars and leaving me in the dust.

Do some tuning and return. Win all 3 races but I had to redo the Tokyo race, as I crossed the line in 1st but as I had 0.0015 of a slow-down penalty to serve, the game handed me a 1 second penalty, resulting in Fraga and Lopez beating me by half a second overall. But that's not what made me dumbfounded.

One of my last comments in this thread bemoaned having to buy the Bugatti Veyron. I loathe the car, but as it's required for a later extra book and I, like many of you, are playing the "When will I win a Bugatti invite!?" game on my main account, purchased the Veyron.

For today's 4 star daily marathon ticket... I won another Bugatti invite.

I don't need it on this account, PD! I already have the only car I can buy with it! Argh!

Last edited:
I golded all licenses up to S-9. Most of them were pretty straightforward. Some took me a couple of attempts. One or two took even longer.

Well, then came S-10. Finally a license or mission in the vicinity of the final Senna mission in GT6. I doubt that it is going to be GT5 Vettel Red Bull Challenge Suzuka hard but we will see.

My GT7 today, bought a Nissan c92 from the legends auctions haven't driven it anywhere it's probably going to spend most of its racing life at 800pp.
Bought a Honda Civic Type R EK98 from the used car showroom. Installed an engine swap, upgraded pretty much everything, 530hp in a FWD 930kg Japanese hatchback it is insanely quick for a road car, if you can make the front tyres work well (principally 3rd and 4th gears, stiffen the suspension), I had a hoot around deep forest on a 10 lap race, kissed the barriers a couple of times but still 170mph down the back straight, fuel consumption is horrendous so FM6 after the first stop racing hards also wouldn't last 10 laps, 25 miles done 110k won back. Did an extra lap 10k on the wheel.
Enough for the day.

Took part in Round 5 of the Medway Racing League GT3 RS Cup at Road Atlanta. 45 laps with heavy damage and mandatory hard tyre. Came 3rd in Lobby 2 after starting 4th despite leaving the track at lap 1 turn 1 and meeting Barry R on lap 31 causing me to pit for Aero repairs. Good clean racing… rarely do Stewards need to get involved.
Daily races are fast becoming a distant memory.

On the GTP account, I ran the Peugeot 205 around Sarthe, something I haven't done in a while. The 4-star ticket gave the high-showing/2nd-lowest-legal 30,000 Cr.

On the Plus account, I realized I never ran the Audi Sport quattro at Sarthe, so after buying a racing transmission (auto-setting it to 300 kph) and some rain tires, I corrected that oversight. With a tune, it would be a legitimate dry 8-lap contender. Without it, it is a handful...as a FIA Group B derivative should be, as I crashed twice. It also requires FM 2 to make it 3 laps. On the positive side, I had a theoretical fast lap of under 4:04 (a misread of the radar caused me to come down for intermediates on lap 2), and tire wear is negligible.

The all-cash 4-star ticket gave the middle-showing 30,000 Cr, with a 10,000-Cr. and an impossible prize showing. While this spin didn't reflect it, there seems to be a change in the presentation. Since the latest update, I have seen more prizes awarded from positions other than the top-left.

Back