What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 12,956 comments
It was GT3 (2013 Nissan GT-R, specifically) Day at Sarthe. On the GTP account, it got real wet the middle of lap 4, so that ruined any chance at an 8-lap run. The EIGHTH 3-star Wheel of Despair of only 18 this month, and pending the Plus run, 12th of 35, puked out the lowest-possible 5,000 Cr.

On the Plus account, I first bought the oldest car in the game, which brought my garage needs down to 4...and 78,000,000 Cr. My attempt to 1-stop the race ended on lap 2 when I saw heavy rain coming. That turned into a 3-stop/6-lap romp, which shockingly gave a 6-star ticket. Even more shockingly, it was for 1,000,000 Cr.

Just doing the weekly playlist today 😉 really does help I have more credits to spend in game. I bought a pearl white LFA to finish the Lexus book, bought a group 4 genesis, upgraded the Tesla for some cool livery wide body suspension etc, then upgraded my M3 2003 and a cool GTR racing livery on it and took it around 10 laps of dragon trail and managed to catch the yellow Ferrari F12 😂 🥳, I really think spec 2 update has helped and also makes me want to do more custom races rather than the same 2 championships 🥳 🙌 🚘, got $100,000 from 5 or 6 (sorry 🤷‍♂️) star ticket from Lexus book, then 4 star ticket daily workout $10,000 😝.

Last edited:
Won the Alsace Human Comedy mission in the ‘69 Camaro by about 1:30 on second place. Just about completed all the Human Comedy missions in the second account. After that, I have no more free cars to win. I’ll have to buy some to get to collector level 50.

Yesterday was quite an eventful session:

• Logged back in a fter a few days and tried to improve my Civic TT but it didnt happen, got a frew good laps in, some terrilble red ones.
  • Then moved onto completing the weekly races, did the SILVIA sisters one and did the Tokyo one first, but had a bad run in AMG GT Black series. so stop and moved onto other races.
  • Tuned up my newly acquired Maserati Merak '80 and this car looks very cool and pretty nippy.
  • Camer back and completed the Tokyo race and netted the 500k ticket, which rounded up my total credits nicely.
  • Moved back into the daily races and did Daily Race B, and this watkins glen was so hliarious. There a user from turkey, not sur of hi name (sharkyvgt sumthing), his car got stuck on the rolling start, his car (supra) froze and blocked like myself and 7 other cars behind, the game wud not ghost our cars untilt the countdown and I got wedged behind, so had to claw back the whole race to only get 11th lol. It was a funny but bad laggy glitch.
  • Then moved onto the Daily Race C, this was very intresting as every one decide to use the CLK LM, whcih i thought wasnt so fast int the game, but I was clearly underestimating it, after achoppy first few laps and spins, clawwed it back and slighty impoved my DR & SR to get 10th, but got 1 sec penalty out of nowhere, not sure for what, the gam eis too vague post race to explain what yu did in the race and why you got penalties.

PD please improve this for online races. Onto more races this week!, gotta try the Stratos Snow race!

It was GT3 (2013 Nissan GT-R, specifically) Day at Sarthe. On the GTP account, it got real wet the middle of lap 4, so that ruined any chance at an 8-lap run. The EIGHTH 3-star Wheel of Despair of only 18 this month, and pending the Plus run, 12th of 35, puked out the lowest-possible 5,000 Cr.

On the Plus account, I first bought the oldest car in the game, which brought my garage needs down to 4...and 78,000,000 Cr. My attempt to 1-stop the race ended on lap 2 when I saw heavy rain coming. That turned into a 3-stop/6-lap romp, which shockingly gave a 6-star ticket. Even more shockingly, it was for 1,000,000 Cr.
Those daily marathon tickets are crazy random!

The Story of my GT7 life..

Woke up. Got a coffee and got ready to run my morning Sardegna. Fire up the game and take a look around...ah 2 new cars in the Legends Dealership and both look interesting - a Jag and the Barker totalling 21 SCHLAMILLION CREDITS!!! Oh no...what's my bank account sitting at?? 700K??? Well that sucks. I need to earn some big money quick! OK what are my options here? Well there's a million waiting for me in Sport for my silver in one of the last TTs so I collect that. Up to 1.7 million in the bank. Hmmm there's a pink flag over the UCD for something...ah ok it's a Carrera I need to acquire to finish a car menu. Thats 400K and I'd get a 5 star roulette that DOESN"T say anything about parts or engines so maybe I get lucky and win some cash there. Hmmm...well I can run the new TT but I've never gotten gold in a TT and silver only pays a million...and not for 2 weeks so not much help there. Hmmm...well I'll run the Sardegna anyway and get my 727K and DW ticket. Maybe I get lucky there.

Hmmm, I see the new weekly races are up...OK. Well I could spend an hour doing those and earn...what?? a couple tickets (a PARTS??? one and a 5 star) and a couple hundred thousand credits?? Great...so I might as well use the time to run a couple more Sardegnas then for the sure 1.45 million. All right whatever...time to grind.

26 minutes later...

Race done and 727K in the bank. ok...well I get a 3 star for the DW. Awesome. So, 2.45 million in the bank. A 3 star in the garage plus if I buy the Carrera for 400K I get a 5 star ticket that isn't an engine or parts ticket. OK, well hopefully I get lucky and at least win enough to cover the Carrera. Buy the car, get the 5 star and head to the garage with 2 million in the bank now. Flip the 3 star... win 5K.

Thank you oh GT Gods I am unworthy of your benevolence.

Flip the 5 star that isn't an engine or parts ticket...the prize wheel comes up and it's all engines, parts and an invite. I win an engine.

Thank you oh GT Gods I am unworthy of your benevolence.

2 million in the bank. Another 19 million needed to buy the Legends cars. Guess all my GT time for the next 10 days is going to be spent at lovely Sardegna.

Last edited:
I got the ticket for the Genesis. Sold the 1st then opened the new one and painted just to be sure it would work. Bought 2 190Es. Swapped one and put a livery on it and changed the rims, grille etc..
Then I wanted to try out the Genesis and see what all of the fuss was about it having bad brakes, so I took it Monza for a time trial. Going into the last turn before the finish line I'm like not too bad but then I cross the finish line to start my lap and I forgot to slow down in time and went through the chicane at T1. So I quit and take it to LeMans Full course. There I find the wheelspins in 3rd gear and spun out a couple of times. So for the rest of the lap I put TC to 5. I felt the car was slow so I dropped TC down to 1 and change the brake bias to the front and decided to not really stay in 3rd gear too long. That seemed to help as I was able to improve my lap times. I kinda wish that I could adjust the gearing a little bit or LSD to help with the issue in 3rd gear. I didn't change the power restrictor and add any ballast to the car which may also help so of these issues. Overall I like the car but it can be a handful but I think it can be a fun drive.

Last edited:
Once again, it was Weekly Challenge Thursday. Before that, on the GTP account, I took my 1,000,000 Cr. from the now-ended time trial and rented Ford Mustang Gr.4. The sub-1:56.7 is tantalizingly close to gold, but I expect it to move further and further away. At least I didnt' get the shaft from the parts Wheel of Despair, though the ultra-turbo for the Veyron engine comes close because I already have it installed in both of my tuner Veyrons. At least I still have a few cars that can have that engine swapped in.

As for the challenges (no new pre-race chatter):
  • The lightly-tuned Jimny I used last week at Lake Louise got a clean win in 4:06.
  • A stock Tesla Model 3 took the Blue Moon Bay One-Make by 1.1 seconds in a clean 4:07.
  • After too many mistakes chasing the CRB, the Lexus LFA took the dry Tokyo WTC 600 in 11:09. I first tried the Tesla, but I have no rhythm in electric cars. In the race I won, I saw a Chevrolet Corvette C8, Nismo 400R and Porsche Cayman GT4 freshly added, while the aborted Tesla runs saw an Alfa Romeo Giulia GTAm.
  • A stock Lamborghin Lambo V12 VGT got through traffic better than the Porsche VGT Spyder, so it was a clean 8:45 win.
  • My (stock) Chevrolet Corvette Gr.4 from the Manufacturers Cup handled Mount Panorama in 16:51, though I spent far too long chasing (and ultimately getting) the CRB. There was nothing new
Between the races and the singular cash prize, I netted 1,350,000 Cr. for 45 minutes of racing (that counted). The parts ticket gave another ultra turbo, for the 2017 Nissan GT-R NISMO this time, while the cashless 5-star gave a Jaguar VGT Coupe (held onto for tuning purposes). The former prize is fitting as that's one of the cars that can take the Veyron engine.

I might do the Plus account run later.

Today I:

• Collected a silver million from the Civic/Lago Maggiore TT
  • Completed the weekly challenges (a 3 stars ticket gave me some stupid parts and the 5 stars one gave me 500K)
  • Bought and upgraded a Jimny, completed its menu. The reward ticket gave me a Roadster Shop Rampage car (I guess this its name)

20829914451021657.jpg

Doing the GT World Championship from the Cafe menu.

Is there a way to adjust the steering sensitivity when using a wheel? I seem to be putting so much lock on at La Source and the chicane at Spa.

Ran the Autopolis TT. Used the swapped ‘19 Supra at LeMans. As I was bumping the cap, just had to buy another 400R. 😉 In the Weekly’s, ran the Tesla and the Jimny. The 6-star ticket yielded a bore-up. Got an ‘08 Fairlady from the wheel.

Did the Autopolis time trial in the Mazda 3 Group 4 and bought another 400R which I fully modified and took to the Red Bull Ring. I also bought and modified the Ferrari 308, which I then took to Maggiore. Upgrading cars in this game is soo much fun compared to Forza because the only limitation is the money in your bank account. So many more experiences can be had without having to pull out your hair.

Got all bronze in Human Comedy after two days. Some I got gold but overall bronze. That last level was ridiculous. Scraped it by my teeth and got 15th place. The difficulty of that one is off the chart.

Did a race around Bathurst got my daily workout done and took my new group 4 genesis out and I got a Pagani invite hahaha useless cause I got one awhile ago and bought the Pagani lol. Anyway.

I started the WC with the Bathhurst race. I used the swapped XJ220. I started at FM6 for the 1st part of the race then switched to FM4 so I wouldn't have to pit. Around lap 5 I switched to FM2 for the last 2 laps. Then I did the Tesla race. Got a 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🎫 & the 6 🌟 part 🎫. Got 30k cr & a part I don't need for my Rampage Roadster. At least the part was actually for a car I have. I wish they would do away with the part ticket they do nothing for me but I guess they are a help to newer players.

Realised I have to do the Cafe book no 39 to get access to the weekly challenge so restarted at Deep Forest. Finished at Le Mans before had to go to work (couldn't manage a clean Bathurst - kept getting punted!)

I didn't get to the Plus account yesterday, so the "blitz" version of the Weekly Challenges waited until today. They went thusly (all clean):
  • Lake Louise Jimny Cup in 3:40 in an overpowered Suzuki Jimny
  • Blue Moon Bay One-Make in 3:49 in a widened, fully-upgraded (including aero/wing A and sport soft tires) Tesla Model 3
  • Tokyo WTC 600 (dry) in 11:16 in a tuned S-FR Racing Concept (599.71 PP, 388 HP, 2535 lbs)
  • Monza VGT in 8:29 in a stock Porsche VGT (with many restarts to get the CRB)
  • Mount Panorama WTC 700 in 16:23 in a stock Nissan Skyline Super Silhouette
I shaved close to a minute and a half off the (mostly-)stock run on the GTP account. The parts Wheel of Despair gave carbon ceramic brakes (at least it was for a car for which I could still use it), the marathon 4-star Wheel of Despair gave me a crankshaft (again, at least it was for a car for which I could still use it), and the 5-star Wheel of Despair puked out another invite (at least it wasn't extending the Porsche one for a second time).

To keep the accounts "even", that will do it for me today.

Ran the Weeklys last night on the main account. Got to 100M credits and was no longer getting paid to race, so I needed to spend some money. I bought every tire you can buy for every Gr.3 car: Comfort Hard to Full Wets. That only knocked off about 6M credits, so I'm going to do the same with all the Gr.1, Gr.4 and Gr.B cars tonight. I am not inspired to buy more cars in this account. I mean, maybe I'll buy every engine swap car and do an engine swap on them, but I dont need doubles of the same car, same engine, just a different livery.

Did the weekly challenge.
Had to do a few time the pp600 Tokyo , as i was picking car i have not drive yet and some lack a lot of top speed , but nevermind enjoyed it.
Then did a few lap to get a New QT for race B , managed to improved a bit still really poor but AT least now i start middle of the field.
Then runned a few race B , and it was good racing most of them .
3* ticket gave me a RCZ GT Line i did not own yet.
And 5*ticket a Silvia gr4

Ran the Weeklys last night on the main account. Got to 100M credits and was no longer getting paid to race, so I needed to spend some money. I bought every tire you can buy for every Gr.3 car: Comfort Hard to Full Wets. That only knocked off about 6M credits, so I'm going to do the same with all the Gr.1, Gr.4 and Gr.B cars tonight. I am not inspired to buy more cars in this account. I mean, maybe I'll buy every engine swap car and do an engine swap on them, but I dont need doubles of the same car, same engine, just a different livery.
I use multiples with different liveries for Custom Races. That’s pretty much all you can do with them. I’ll also use duplicates with different tunes. It would be nice to have the credit limit removed.

-Drove the Nissan GT-R LM Nismo around the Red Bull Ring
-Bought the BMW M6 GT3 and drove it around Bathurst
-Put the Ferrari Enzo engine into my F40, full upgraded it and drove it around Spa
-Bought the Sprinter Trueno, fully modified it and drove it around Kyoto Driving Park

I FINALLY got one of the very few cars in the game that I cared about getting... the S Barker Benz. It's come up a few times in the past, but at times when I didn't have enough credits, and it's been a while since I've seen it at all, but it came up this time around and I'm flush with cash... haha.

Took it out for a run at the 'Ring after painting it a dark green like a blower Bentley (you can't paint the brake backing plates though :confused:) and dipping the wheels in some period correct chrome. Such an amazing thing to drive around in VR. There are many things to look at and take in with the Benz, but the reflections of the track behind you that arc off of the back side of the headlights blew my mind. It's a detail that I never could have imagined before driving this thing... such an amazing piece of classic automotive history that is so perfectly captured in this game.

Enjoy it beating up on a bunch of small cars. Haha.

Last edited:
Back