Why 99.9% of all players won´t gold the Nordschleife Circuit Experience!

• Thread starter zocker_16
  • 607 comments
people who did it before the nerf know it themselves, so the reason you are concerned is that your friends on the leaderboards will now compete with your times? is that the issue? because honestly who cares. the important thing is that gt3 cars handle with more stability and predictability, which is, according to people who drive the cars irl, more realistic. did you do overtake mission at spa in wet conditions in the 80s f1 cars on racing tyres? or any of the dirt track missions with slicks? same kind of thing
It's not at all about my friends being able to make gold more easily now... Also not about them being able to beat my old times as long as I don't drive new times... It's about me because it has become too easy. .. And I haven't read many here who move the original M6 GT3 in real life on hard racing tires at the limit on the Nordschleife and say with this only permissible basis that it now has exactly the right grip. Maybe the M6 iRL on the Nordschleife even has less grip than it had in the game BEFORE the patch... only drivers of the original M6 GT3 at most other professional GT3 drivers with similar vehicles should allow themselves a qualified judgment... Everyone else I'm just guessing... Me too... I liked the M6 better before the patch... it was a bit of a "ramp sow" when you wanted to go to the limit, which demanded a lot of respect from the driver, but also a large portion of courage. It was a katana made by the world's best blacksmith to be wielded with precision. Now it's a blunt two-handed broadsword.. you just smack it and just destroy everything in your path. You definitely still need to be able to wield both weapons, i.e. be able to DRIVE, but it's a big difference and I personally liked the precision required better as I was forced to drive much more precisely.

It's not at all about my friends being able to make gold more easily now... Also not about them being able to beat my old times as long as I don't drive new times... It's about me because it has become too easy. .. And I haven't read many here who move the original M6 GT3 in real life on hard racing tires at the limit on the Nordschleife and say with this only permissible basis that it now has exactly the right grip. Maybe the M6 iRL on the Nordschleife even has less grip than it had in the game BEFORE the patch... only drivers of the original M6 GT3 at most other professional GT3 drivers with similar vehicles should allow themselves a qualified judgment... Everyone else I'm just guessing... Me too... I liked the M6 better before the patch... it was a bit of a "ramp sow" when you wanted to go to the limit, which demanded a lot of respect from the driver, but also a large portion of courage. It was a katana made by the world's best blacksmith to be wielded with precision. Now it's a blunt two-handed broadsword.. you just smack it and just destroy everything in your path. You definitely still need to be able to wield both weapons, i.e. be able to DRIVE, but it's a big difference and I personally liked the precision required better as I was forced to drive much more precisely.
that I can personally understand a lot more. my sources were super gt, and quoting david perel on twitter: "The previous physics were terrible. Borderline undriveable in the GR3 cars. If it was like that in real life you’d never see a car finish a race. I’m glad they’ve made changes. Have they over corrected? Maybe, but anything is better than what was available before Monday."

that I can personally understand a lot more. my sources were super gt, and quoting david perel on twitter: "The previous physics were terrible. Borderline undriveable in the GR3 cars. If it was like that in real life you’d never see a car finish a race. I’m glad they’ve made changes. Have they over corrected? Maybe, but anything is better than what was available before Monday."

Then PD MUST revise ALL CE gold times now.. Otherwise the times are meaningless.... as if one had changed from H to S tires with a "fraud" before the start of the CE ride... Gold times, especially on the ring, mean NOTHING ANYMORE.

Would you like another example? LeMans sector 5.. the first FIVE corners FLAT..(on M tires)... and that without any difficulties once you have learned the line... This has NOTHING to do with a challenge anymore.

Last edited:
Then PD MUST revise ALL CE gold times now.. Otherwise the times are meaningless.... as if one had changed from H to S tires with a "fraud" before the start of the CE ride... Gold times, especially on the ring, mean NOTHING ANYMORE.

Would you like another example? LeMans sector 5.. the first FIVE corners FLAT..(on M tires)... and that without any difficulties once you have learned the line... This has NOTHING to do with a challenge anymore.
They should change the times and come up with new demo laps. But will they? Probably not. They might have more changes in the future that affect things.

I'm not bothered. Before the patch some sectors and laps were easier than others. It wasn't consistent and it isn't now either.

You were going for a time before that was several seconds under on Nurburgring. Nothing is stopping you from setting your own goals.

Sassy Drama Queen GIF

We went from 99.9% players won't gold the Nordschleife Circuit Experience, to 99% 😅

Last edited:
This is much better after the update - starts to make the gold time feel achievable, which should surely be the case? Making it too difficult for the vast majority of players, as it was before, defeats the objective of the game - missions, circuit experiences etc should be challenging, but doable with time, practice and experience.

The challenge for those who find these things easy should be to see how much they can beat the gold time by, showing them to be in a different class to us mere mortals!

This is much better after the update - starts to make the gold time feel achievable, which should surely be the case? Making it too difficult for the vast majority of players, as it was before, defeats the objective of the game - missions, circuit experiences etc should be challenging, but doable with time, practice and experience.

The challenge for those who find these things easy should be to see how much they can beat the gold time by, showing them to be in a different class to us mere mortals!
But then PD should at least award bonuses if you improve your gold times.. it's fun to push your times for a while.. but now I HAVE to do it again... after several thousand kilometers.

They should now introduce Platinum times for those who already got the gold can have something else to push for with additional payouts.

Then again, I already did the work on the original physics so I feel a bit ripped off. I dunno, not trying to take anything away from anyone else who does it post-patch as that would be hyprocritial since there are some I haven't done yet. It wasn't even the Ring that was a lot of work for me personally, but Bathurst and Deep Forest were.

So it is...

But then PD should at least award bonuses if you improve your gold times.. it's fun to push your times for a while.. but now I HAVE to do it again... after several thousand kilometers.

They should now introduce Platinum times for those who already got the gold can have something else to push for with additional payouts.

Then again, I already did the work on the original physics so I feel a bit ripped off. I dunno, not trying to take anything away from anyone else who does it post-patch as that would be hyprocritial since there are some I haven't done yet. It wasn't even the Ring that was a lot of work for me personally, but Bathurst and Deep Forest were.
Agree with you both.

But for those of us, like me, that stood no chance before the update, we'll just be grateful to now maybe manage to gold it! I'm now 1.5 seconds away from it....

Get off your high horse. There is no prize for you if less people can get the gold time. It still takes a pretty clean lap to get gold. It isn't like the GTSport CE's where there was no off-track fail and the times were crazy generous.

I don't mind the times being hard to achieve, adding platinum times or beating the next 'rival' like FH5 does for extra credits would be an incentive to keep pushing.

What I do mind is the format of circuit experience, license tests, etc. First of all, an instant restart would make it a lot less tedious. Not a nauseating camera swoop around the car (messes me up somehow) then 3, 2, 1. Just rest to Go. Also, get rid of the failed try again screen. Just invalidate my attempt but let me finish it to get a hang of the flow. I'll reset when I want to.

So I tried the last sector of Sarthe again, yep, now very do-able. It still took me a few tries to get dialed in to the car again and then when moving on to the full lap I had enough of it already. Just let me lap until I get in the rhythm. Not this start over crap when going over the line.

Thus not much better for me after the update, and still don't feel like taking on the Nord again even though it's my favorite track. I rather take that car on a 12H endurance run with heavy damage etc instead of driving in sudden death mode.

Agree with you both.

But for those of us, like me, that stood no chance before the update, we'll just be grateful to now maybe manage to gold it! I'm now 1.5 seconds away from it....
Yea that's cool man. Like I was saying, I am not trying to take anything away from anyone else... as it makes no difference to me.

Go get it! 1.5s is nothing on 13 miles!

Get off your high horse. There is no prize for you if less people can get the gold time. It still takes a pretty clean lap to get gold. It isn't like the GTSport CE's where there was no off-track fail and the times were crazy generous.
In my opinion, only someone who is convinced of his abilities but still fails exams and then blames the game can think like you.

The Nordschleife is a fairly easy test and was relatively easy to get gold even before the patch. IF and that is the crux of the matter here, you know the track and its properties at least GOOD. This applies to many circuits, but on the Ring it is essential to know ALL the corners and their line before you even get there, only then can you position the car optimally.

If that was the case, you could quite easily create the ring in Goldzeit including ASM + Countersteer + TCS2.

It is a fairly easy test IF you know the ring like the back of your hand. That is a huge if. With a track as long as the ring, you shouldn't be expected to YOLO every single corner to pass the test. Even now, you still need to know the track and drive a pretty clean lap to get gold.

For what it's worth, I got all gold on the sectors just before the patch, but didn't have a good go at the full lap and haven't had any time to play since the patch.

It is a fairly easy test IF you know the ring like the back of your hand. That is a huge if. With a track as long as the ring, you shouldn't be expected to YOLO every single corner to pass the test. Even now, you still need to know the track and drive a pretty clean lap to get gold.

For what it's worth, I got all gold on the sectors just before the patch, but didn't have a good go at the full lap and haven't had any time to play since the patch.
I had often offered to do a driving instructor on the Ring for the CE... I'm certainly not a professional driver, but I think I can give good tips on what to look out for, especially on a full lap.

It is a fairly easy test IF you know the ring like the back of your hand
You don't say !

I wish I could know the ring better but I am not playing 4h per day, I am happy when I can play 4 hours per week. And there are plenty of other things to do in the game than C.E the ring. (For example try to get some credits to buy cars you would like to have, or just have fun doing something else than ring-ring-ring-ring)

Gave it another go tonight, failed the lap 3 times at various points (thus I practice much less the end of the track), and managed a full lap at fourth try, beat my 7min07 with a 6min55, still a long way to go.

Have absolutely no idea what I am doing in many corners, if I try to pass them like I do in each individual sector (trying to mimic the demo), I end up killing myself everytime, so I go more cautiously to avoid crashing, and I have a slower time in the end, obviously.

There are too much corners and I can't memorize so much breaking points (I am using AT, so I don't have to memorize the speeds at least).

That track may be easy, if you have a very big chunk of time to learn it and are able to lap it for hours. To much focus for my energy levels. 1 full lap is plenty enough each time I try.

Sounds like you have the skill, just not the track knowledge. No shame in that. Up to you whether you invest the time into learning it, or take your million credits and enjoy the rest of the game. There are a couple of sectors that are probably worth starting with that can make a huge difference IMO - the one that has the downhill breaking into a tight left-right at the end (sector 4?), and the one that you drive the Merc in one of the IA licence tests.

You don't say !

I wish I could know the ring better but I am not playing 4h per day, I am happy when I can play 4 hours per week. And there are plenty of other things to do in the game than C.E the ring. (For example try to get some credits to buy cars you would like to have, or just have fun doing something else than ring-ring-ring-ring)

Gave it another go tonight, failed the lap 3 times at various points (thus I practice much less the end of the track), and managed a full lap at fourth try, beat my 7min07 with a 6min55, still a long way to go.

Have absolutely no idea what I am doing in many corners, if I try to pass them like I do in each individual sector (trying to mimic the demo), I end up killing myself everytime, so I go more cautiously to avoid crashing, and I have a slower time in the end, obviously.

There are too much corners and I can't memorize so much breaking points (I am using AT, so I don't have to memorize the speeds at least).

That track may be easy, if you have a very big chunk of time to learn it and are able to lap it for hours. To much focus for my energy levels. 1 full lap is plenty enough each time I try.
You need to dedicate a lot of time to learning it to get gold. Took me 10 hours from scratch to gold. I think it’s right that you should have a very intricate knowledge of the track (and car) to be able to get gold, but that‘s probably why so few people get this one done. It’s a massive commitment for a game.

You need to dedicate a lot of time to learning it to get gold. Took me 10 hours from scratch to gold.
I understand that, the track is soooo long. Don't know how much laps I've done since GT7 is out (and I've done some in GTS too, where I golded every sector but not the full lap, only silver). Should not amount to 10h yet, as I have 26 hours of total driving.

I understand that, the track is soooo long. Don't know how much laps I've done since GT7 is out (and I've done some in GTS too, where I golded every sector but not the full lap, only silver). Should not amount to 10h yet, as I have 26 hours of total driving.
I doubt many people will take as long as me, but about 5 of those hours was trying to get the full lap. The last third of the lap I kept forgetting what to do as I so rarely got to it!

I doubt many people will take as long as me, but about 5 of those hours was trying to get the full lap. The last third of the lap I kept forgetting what to do as I so rarely got to it!
But you didn't know the ring either... and with a lot of practice you conquered it.

Many forget that the Ring is a good 23km long... That's around 4 to 5 different racetracks in a row. That has to get into your head first... and then everything has to be in the right order. In order to learn the track really quickly, it is advisable to use a slower car that has enough grip to go around the track in the time trial.. then you get a feeling for the rhythm faster.. once you get used to it, you can even drive it Tomahawk thunder across the track...

In order to learn the track really quickly, it is advisable to use a slower car that has enough grip to go around the track in the time trial.
I used my Porsche 919, not the slowest car, but plenty grip and cornering abilities. A blast on the ring. Lapping around 6min. I often take new cars to the ring too (Gr1-2-3-4)

I find the M6 pretty unpredictable

I just bought the M6 to try it out around the ring without Sarah interfering, but I'm confused. What version does the circuit experience use? It seems to be the stock version, same HP and weight on RH tires.

It's listed as 610pp in circuit experience, 660pp on the top before starting the lap,
Gran Turismo® 7_20220426181642.png

But it's 726pp in my garage with RH tires :confused:
Gran Turismo® 7_20220426185038.png
Why does it feel like this game is hold together with sticky tape. How can you see the setup used for circuit experience or is the PP stuff so broken 610, 660, 726 is all the same... :banghead:

I just bought the M6 to try it out around the ring without Sarah interfering, but I'm confused. What version does the circuit experience use? It seems to be the stock version, same HP and weight on RH tires.

It's listed as 610pp in circuit experience, 660pp on the top before starting the lap,
View attachment 1143188

But it's 726pp in my garage with RH tires :confused:
View attachment 1143189Why does it feel like this game is hold together with sticky tape. How can you see the setup used for circuit experience or is the PP stuff so broken 610, 660, 726 is all the same... :banghead:
Don't look at the PP, this statement was probably made at a time before the release when there were still 610 PP. Look at how many KW the vehicle is given, I think that fits better. It should be the one base model, or maybe even slightly less powerful than the base model.

I just bought the M6 to try it out around the ring without Sarah interfering
I went to constructor championship and choose BMW to get a M6 and train at the ring. But as I am not sure it is really the same car/settings, plus the fact that it will worn out with time, I came back to trying directly inside C.E. as the track is long, I don't get to hear Sarah's annoying comments that often when doing full lap attempts.

Back