Why 99.9% of all players won´t gold the Nordschleife Circuit Experience!

• Thread starter zocker_16
  • 607 comments
I went to constructor championship and choose BMW to get a M6 and train at the ring. But as I am not sure it is really the same car/settings, plus the fact that it will worn out with time, I came back to trying directly inside C.E. as the track is long, I don't get to hear Sarah's annoying comments that often when doing full lap attempts.
You can safely use the vehicle from the Manufacturers' Championship. The only difference is that you get the Sprint model there, not the Endurance model.. but from what I could find so far, the 2 are 100% identical in terms of specs and performance, except that the Sprint doesn't have auxiliary lights.

Thanks for the info !

I don't use it anymore, I'll surely get another contract to get 2 other free cars

Thanks for the info !

I don't use it anymore, I'll surely get another contract to get 2 other free cars
I love using it before the patch... found a great design online and really enjoyed driving it, although it was a bit "controversial"... well I think it will find many fans as it has the highest torque possessed by all current Gr3 vehicles, it could possibly be very good for fuel-saving "ShortShifting".

ive avoided the Nurberg/Nordscheif circuits, tempting as the 6M Cr are, as i knew i would never be able to achieve the times required (and to a lesser extent some of the other CEs) so to hear they have been made a little bit easier is great for me as i will now give them a go instead of trying to find something to do...

Here is my gold lap video. I was so tired and not focused well and made lots of mistakes. But if you know the circuit it is possible to get lost times back and win like me. Don't be negative, just try and you will get gold.

vcx
Here is my gold lap video. I was so tired and not focused well and made lots of mistakes. But if you know the circuit it is possible to get lost times back and win like me. Don't be negative, just try and you will get gold.

Congratulations to you...
I don't want to belittle your success, but you can see very well how extremely the physics change of the last patch has changed the M6. How aggressively you can move it now and how easy it is to hold it now... I'm sad about it... not because I don't begrudge it to others, but rather because I just don't see a challenge in it anymore. Even GTS was apparently difficult to achieve gold.

I just don't see a challenge in it anymore. Even GTS was apparently difficult to achieve gold.
You can still challenge your own lap. Don't know about the difficulty of the GTS CE - I did that on my very first lap.

I put another hour into this one last night and got a 6:38.1. A couple of mistakes in the latter half of the lap that I didn't like, so did one more lap and got a 35.9. There were still mistakes there and know I can do a 34.x, but am satisfied with where I am and moved on.

These were way too easy as it was but I've just gone back and done them again.

Sector 5 Le Mans gone 1.5 seconds quicker down to a 36.2 seconds. The full lap went from a 3:16.0 down to a 3:13.3 but there's more time to be had. Absolute joke.

You can still challenge your own lap. Don't know about the difficulty of the GTS CE - I did that on my very first lap.

I put another hour into this one last night and got a 6:38.1. A couple of mistakes in the latter half of the lap that I didn't like, so did one more lap and got a 35.9. There were still mistakes there and know I can do a 34.x, but am satisfied with where I am and moved on.
Do we really want to discuss this?

As of yesterday I've covered over 18,000km in GT7 so far, it's hard to estimate, but I assume that I've done at least 1/3 to 1/2 of it maybe even more only on the ring and almost all of it exclusively with drove the CE there.

It feels like I've been building my dream house for 30 years, then I moved in with my wife and on the first evening she says to me over a glass of wine: "Honey, I don't like the house at all, please build me a new one!"
If she had said: "Honey, I like our house very much, but now that it's finished I'd rather have the light-colored tiles in the bathroom!", then I could live with that!

They should change the times and come up with new demo laps. But will they? Probably not. They might have more changes in the future that affect things.

I'm not bothered. Before the patch some sectors and laps were easier than others. It wasn't consistent and it isn't now either.

You were going for a time before that was several seconds under on Nurburgring. Nothing is stopping you from setting your own goals.
Pretty much summed up my thoughts. Some gold times pre-patch pushed me to learn tracks to a degree that I wouldn't have otherwise, while others I got first try and learned nothing. I find it odd now that the times and demonstrations are effectively set on a different game, but a) I have no expectation that PD will go back to adjust those and b) the physics may continue to change over time. I think a better solution would just be outsourcing that to the players with global leaderboards/ghosts that are reset if/when changes like this are made.

As I said before... just a bonus linked to the time I improve would be a welcome motivation to grind everything again until you finally reach your own limit of what is possible...

As an an example:

I had a gold time.. and now improve it by say one second.. then a reward of say 10,000 or 100,000 would be an incentive... with 0.5 seconds correspondingly less....

Don't look at the PP, this statement was probably made at a time before the release when there were still 610 PP. Look at how many KW the vehicle is given, I think that fits better. It should be the one base model, or maybe even slightly less powerful than the base model.
What's KW and where do I see that for the car in the CE? HP and weight are the same, can't see any torque figures in the CE. Does the CE version maybe not have Turbo (although that would alter the HP)

I've been topping up my balance on Tokyo again anyway, it's easier to avoid traffic now since the patch. The Tomahawk is now more stable as well and I can consistently do penalty free runs under 15 minutes. So in terms of credit efficiency, 2 hours max to complete the Nord CE :)

I'm going for it today, Ring is more fun to drive than Tokyo. Even though dodging 95 cars in 15 minutes at high speed gets addictive!

What's KW and where do I see that for the car in the CE? HP and weight are the same, can't see any torque figures in the CE. Does the CE version maybe not have Turbo (although that would alter the HP)

I've been topping up my balance on Tokyo again anyway, it's easier to avoid traffic now since the patch. The Tomahawk is now more stable as well and I can consistently do penalty free runs under 15 minutes. So in terms of credit efficiency, 2 hours max to complete the Nord CE :)

I'm going for it today, Ring is more fun to drive than Tokyo. Even though dodging 95 cars in 15 minutes at high speed gets addictive!
kW = Kilowatt
I think this is only shown for a few selected languages, for example German. Most others have hp, bhp or cv.

kW = Kilowatt
I think this is only shown for a few selected languages, for example German. Most others have hp, bhp or cv.
Thats it, for us in Germany, kilowatts are given there, although horsepower is more common. But KW is more correct...

I ONLY read your post on my cell phone and didn't have the exact data for the M6 in the CE for PS/KW in mind. Yes, it looks like you have to drive the CE with the pure basic model you buy. The races, however, are mostly with BoP. This would and will make the races on the ring easier with the M6.

I managed a 6:33.811 before the update, I haven't even tries to improve the time as I was happy with the time I set. I think I was 2nd or third on n my friends leaderboard (with one guy who clocked a sub 30 time. I think the new update has definitely made the cars feel like they did on GT sport, so people will feel right at home if you were used to the physics there. I would personally like to see things dialled back a bit. Understeer makes the game feel like it's regressed. I was just getting used to the handling of MR and RWD drive cars before the update arrived.

I had a quick go again and struggled a bit. There’s a lot more understeer. The flat out turns where you lift very quickly or not at all I kept going wide. There’s no doubt it’s much easier though. Don’t need TC at all and I got a gold time on sector 8 first time with no TC. Not an amazing time or anything but didn’t feel like I had to push that hard at all

Well 3.5 hours and 670 km later, 6:38, 0 credits. (Well 5K for the daily ticket)

I did 4 half hour endurance races in the car first to get dialed in to the car. Turns out, weather makes a big difference in grip and handling. Track temperature I guess. I used different sun and cloudy presets, starting in the afternoon with 3 time acceleration. Never quite the same feel. Then the last race I thought I did flawless laps but only manage 6:42, the oil was already degrading lol. 268 top speed instead of 276 on the straight. Understeer has increased a lot with the patch as well. I turned the ghost off since the demo quickly disappears at the start not having to lift...

Anyway, have to go now. My right hand is hurting, dualsense is not all that comfortable. Maybe I'll switch to ps4 for next attempt. It would be nice to be able to just practice the exact same settings somewhere without the try again nonsense.

No need to worry it's too easy now, over 5,000 laps in GT Sport alone on this track, 30 hours added up in endurance races in GT7 on this track and it's still damn hard to reach 6:37.

Last edited:
Improved my time to 6:29.505 after the update. So about 5 seconds faster than before. :cheers:
Physics are much easier now and feel more like GT Sport because snap oversteer is gone and the car is much more stable at the exits.
Still don´t know if it´s a good change. It makes most of the Circuit Experiences much easier especially some of the hardest as Nordschleife, Le Mans or Barcelona. But on the other hand I liked the challenge with the pre update physics and it needed some time but after getting used to it it felt much more rewarding. :ouch:

Skip to 5:00 for the comparison of my old and new Nordschleife times.

I continued on PS4, DS4 is more comfortable :/ I seemed to be stuck on 6:38, missed the mark by a tenth dipping just below 6:38 then suddenly got a 6:35.3. Don't really know where I suddenly gained another 2.5 seconds but I'll take it.

Then I still needed to do all the sectors which went relatively fast. A lot of button clicking, awful UI. A couple sectors still gave me trouble until I figured out it's a lot faster to stay in a higher gear through some corners. I guess shifting loses a lot of momentum in that car. Not a favorite that BMW and the whole thing left me with a headache doh.

Time trials are not my thing. My main hurdle was knowing the track too well, I kept falling back into cruise mode, muscle memory going on auto pilot while my mind wandered off to somewhere else. I need cars on the track to stay focused! I have the same issue when I get to first place in a race, after that my concentration flies out the window. Hence always putting rain in the endurance races I do. Keeps you on your toes :)

Anyway good challenge, would have been fun with a better car. From breaking out to understeer.

As frustrating as it is with this new update rendering your previous times obsolete, it is much easier to be consistent now which is extra important for such a long track like the Nordschleife.

Now on 6:31.105 using DS5 controller but can definitely do sub 6:30, next challenge!

Wow just did it... 6:35:854 on DS4, with ABS and TC 1 on some sectors.

When arriving on the last straight I realized I was within gold time, then the heart beat skyrocketed 😂

Got some useful tips here. Thanks guys...cheers 🍻

Wow just did it... 6:35:854 on DS4, with ABS and TC 1 on some sectors.

When arriving on the last straight I realized I was within gold time, then the heart beat skyrocketed 😂

Got some useful tips here. Thanks guys...cheers 🍻
Nice congrats! I made a conscious effort not to look at the times at the end to avoid adrenaline interfering :lol: I only noted the time entering the middle straight, 3:03 meant I was on track for a good run.

Do we really want to discuss this?

As of yesterday I've covered over 18,000km in GT7 so far, it's hard to estimate, but I assume that I've done at least 1/3 to 1/2 of it maybe even more only on the ring and almost all of it exclusively with drove the CE there.

It feels like I've been building my dream house for 30 years, then I moved in with my wife and on the first evening she says to me over a glass of wine: "Honey, I don't like the house at all, please build me a new one!"
If she had said: "Honey, I like our house very much, but now that it's finished I'd rather have the light-colored tiles in the bathroom!", then I could live with that!
I know full well your love of the M6 pre-patch as I've seen you mention it many times (lol), but I also totally get it. There are some cars in game that were more rewarding to conquer before than they are now, and being fast with them was very satisfying. There is a very real sense of accomplishment to do that when so many others struggled. Can't have the good without the bad and all that...

I still haven't finished all of the CEs, but the M6 was one I did early because of all the hub-bub around it, and I'm glad I did, because the accomplishment would have been lessened by a lot if I did it post-patch. Now all the other CEs I have yet to do will be slightly "tainted" because I'll never know how challenging they would have been before. Notably, the R8 LMS at Deep Forest. I was really looking forward to trying to tame that pig, but I've already experienced how much tamer it is now, and fear the challenge is mostly gone.

I'm liking the update very much but there is a very real, and strange, feeling that comes from working so hard to be good at something only to see the stakes greatly lessened when you got there.

I know full well your love of the M6 pre-patch as I've seen you mention it many times (lol), but I also totally get it. There are some cars in game that were more rewarding to conquer before than they are now, and being fast with them was very satisfying. There is a very real sense of accomplishment to do that when so many others struggled. Can't have the good without the bad and all that...

I still haven't finished all of the CEs, but the M6 was one I did early because of all the hub-bub around it, and I'm glad I did, because the accomplishment would have been lessened by a lot if I did it post-patch. Now all the other CEs I have yet to do will be slightly "tainted" because I'll never know how challenging they would have been before. Notably, the R8 LMS at Deep Forest. I was really looking forward to trying to tame that pig, but I've already experienced how much tamer it is now, and fear the challenge is mostly gone.

I'm liking the update very much but there is a very real, and strange, feeling that comes from working so hard to be good at something only to see the stakes greatly lessened when you got there.
I almost cried tears of relief when I read your post... FINALLY someone who understands what I'm about/was reading. I don't want to deny anyone the CE and I'm still happy about everyone who makes it to gold and is happy with it, I know the feeling of getting gold after such a difficult task or beating your own personal best by even a touch with the know that they have done their best.

But now the last few days/weeks feel somehow pointless/useless for ME. And weirdly I prefer the "difficult" snappy nature of the pre-patch M6... yes some vehicles could be faster because they were/are "easier" to drive, but that just kind of gave me something special... with to drive a car and to have it relatively well under control in order to be able to be competitive in his driver's ranking.

Yes, of course you can now ride the CE again and continue to improve your times, but it just feels different and somehow not right for me, because the changes are so massive for me. Interestingly, I now have problems on some sections of the track where I didn't have any before, because I've acquired a special way of driving through a lot of repetitions. Braking points no longer fit, cornering speeds are usually higher, but sometimes slower, because in some places, for example. I deliberately drove the courage curve in such a way that the car went a little bit sideways. He no longer does THAT, which completely changes this corner, the turn-in and braking points and the speed. Before the patch I finally managed to take the corner cleanly at 248-246km/h from entry to exit without the car becoming unstable. (which for me was already damn fast at this point) Yesterday my stable maximum was 242-240km/h.
That doesn't sound slow and doesn't sound like much of a difference, but for me it's quite a lot and it adds up, especially since I'm/wasn't as fast on some sections of the track as I'd like to be when doing a full lap.

In the end it is the way it is now and I congratulate everyone who is now able to do this CE, which they were not able to do before.

I almost cried tears of relief when I read your post... FINALLY someone who understands what I'm about/was reading.
Lol, everyone understands you, that does not mean that we should spit on game physics improvement because the game is soooooo easy now.

I don't want to deny anyone the CE [...] which they were not able to do before.
That sounds like a hasty conclusion to me. Part of the people who did not get gold before patch could succeed with more training and time if there were no patch. (and I am not talking about people who don't have the game yet who may be able to gold it with ease pre-patch or with training).

For me, I am not convinced I'll gold it anyway even with the patch.

Gave another go to Nordschleife C.E, ended up at 6min56 something, so ~+1s compared to my last try. Did 32km total, with 2 failed laps. Got to get used to the understeer, it makes me go out on places I used to have less issues.

I got 6:37.882 with the controller the other night.

Needless to say I've taken a break.
Took a break till tonight, definitely felt easier with the physics tweak. Went slower through the first few sectors than this .882 I’m replying to, but finally got a 6:36.994.

I can go at least 3-4s faster, but I don’t care. Finally done it. Didn’t break my controller either, but came close to wanting to.
Nice to have a genuine challenge in a GT game again.

Last edited:
PD should have an Expert hardness level...that way you can individually make it as difficult for yourself as possible...excluding CE Gold for 99% of people because "theyre not skilled enough" isnt really "inclusive"

Pretty much summed up my thoughts. Some gold times pre-patch pushed me to learn tracks to a degree that I wouldn't have otherwise, while others I got first try and learned nothing. ...
I think that circuit experience was more learning how to tame the specific car and less what lines to take/braking points to hit.
That's what I am getting from these CEs.

I am also wondering, anyone that prefers pre patch physics, do you use Wheel or Controller?

Back