World Motorsport Association

• Thread starter NizmoDr3
  • 1,067 comments
We can't do total points accrue because there are some doing up to 6 events a week, unless we request the best points finish for what events thus participates,

I just had a thought in the shower ... :lol:
The FIA doesn't worry about events that are on a National Level. They don't about the V8 Supercars in Australia or Indy Car in America. No, the are concerned with the Top Flight Championships. FIA F1 Championship. FIA WRC. FIA WTCC. FIA World Endurance Championship. You get my drift? ...

The WMA shouldn't have to concern itself with these 'National' events that we are bickering about. The WMA should concern itself with the FGT and WRC. Perhaps even the WTCC if we had to get it.

My point is, what if I had to take the Wesbank Super Series and branch it off into a 'National' event. All the RD's can take their current series, evolve them into a 'National' event and then we can use these 'National' events as feeder series to get to the WMA World Championships? Each 'National' event can have their own 'National' thread linking all their series as well as back to the WMA thread ...

Just a thought ...

I am registering here as a Driver/Series Organizer for my Eagle Talon Spot Spec Trophy Cup and future endeavors, hopefully some of you guys will join my spot series so that we can fill out the field.

^have you privately tested the eagle talon idea with friends?
Its not really for me but if a talon comes up in the ucd I might make up the numbers, however we prefer a vehicle found in the new dealerships as its readily available to everyone, hence the fiat trophy, bmw 135s etc

Also welcome to W.M.A and GTP I see your a new member,

Niz perhaps we seperate the 2, national and international tiers, hmmm,
We've gone from a simple idea to a complex problem like cold fusion lol I think we have lost the focus point of the original idea, which was:-

A ladder system that produced an overall champion driver, matter not wins or losses but the fact that this particular driver can be safe clean and respectful to others around them, whilst also producing a bearing point on which drivers are to be recommended to which tier or specific race category, correct?

But that's the problem Dave ... All the drivers that have registered with the WMA, are in series all over the place ... how can we expect the drivers to move up the 'Tiers', when some of them are already in top 'Tier' events ... this whole Leaderboard and promotion up the ranks is becong the equation for Cold Fusion ...

Ah this is true but we don't have the "customer" base to be able to use the tier system to full effect, which is a shame but we have done well so far, maybe we should just get new comers to do some trial races, just as a safety net for our comfort on that they can race clean, a ladder system will work but at this point in time perhaps the tier system doesn't, the boat aint full yet, but when its overflowing the tier system will have to be used, otherwise things will get out of hand very fast then, plus we might get customers that only want to run the FGT or DTM and not share interest in the rest of W.M.A, which as long as they race by the rules don't cause problems and read the relevant thread to them that's fine by me as it fills the fields, its entirely up to people and you working in a mech shop should already tell you what people are lol, we aren't iracing or pure yet, we are getting a good customer base so let's keep the ideas coming and keep the customers coming too,

The ladder system to find the champion driver should be used, but how we score it is going to be the issue, and even if they are only interested in one series so this system needs to work that if your in multiple events your not going to out score people by miles for only racing once a week,

Let's just go back to paint by numbers this cold fusion stuff is hurting my brain lol

The reason I picked the Eagle Talon is that it is far too underused, and is a fun and good looking car.

Off-topic jibber jabber: I'll soon be posting photos of the meet from today. The Autocross was great. I'm not going tomorrow, though. I'm too tired; too sore. Turns out, the little baby cousins can be the nail in the coffin, already weakened by the g-forces of a Hyundai Accent, and the friend's RX-7. :sly: Hyundai was actually faster. No, it didn't rain. I'm just that good. :crazy: :dopey:

Off-topic jibber jabber: I'll soon be posting photos of the meet from today. The Autocross was great. I'm not going tomorrow, though. I'm too tired; too sore. Turns out, the little baby cousins can be the nail in the coffin, already weakened by the g-forces of a Hyundai Accent, and the friend's RX-7. :sly: Hyundai was actually faster. No, it didn't rain. I'm just that good. :crazy: :dopey:

Wow that is a surprise. I bet you were cheating. :dopey:

Yeah I agree that tiers have gone too complex. But the leaderboard should still work. Just offer same points for every series and take averages. Thats the only feasible way to do this....

Yeah I agree that tiers have gone too complex. But the leaderboard should still work. Just offer same points for every series and take averages. Thats the only feasible way to do this....

That's the plan.

^yeah this also could work,

Mel, I would hate to be guy the trying to explain how I lost to a hyandai, well done mate,

I don't need to see that, nankang tires are junk lol, sane as federal and goodyear, I'm a michelin/ pirelli man, we good michelin pilot sport tires on the missus B4 legacy and p-zeros on my XR8, I also got michelin and pirelli road racing all weather tires for my XR8, tarmac rally I use the michelin tire, its good when you got a patchy wet road when the sun comes out, doesn't like getting too hot, the pirelli I use at track days, it loves the heat, but also performs well in heavy rain,
I had a go in some group N rally cars at a shake down a few years ago, It surprised me to find the bf goodrich tire seemed for me the best in the mud lol

I ask the Members of the Board to PM me their email addresses ... We need to come to a decision now ...

Blackberry curve, which I bought to use GTP, but because its not network locked so I can't download apps yet, my e-mail accounts on msn and with all the stuff on msn news and updates the phone times out before the page loads,

Have a discipline system. We put the series into other categories. Anyone who already competes in a series is automatically qualified to run in that series plus anything below that.

I think the handicap system to get your position on the ladder will work best, specially seeing as not every series is full and we haven't got customer overflow, but even still if and when that day comes the ladder system will work best because you will always be competing for your grid position,

I think the handicap system to get your position on the ladder will work best, specially seeing as not every series is full and we haven't got customer overflow, but even still if and when that day comes the ladder system will work best because you will always be competing for your grid position,

Yea I think each driver does need a handicap as well. The level series you are in right now will determine your handicap. We will handicap new series ideas to help point members towards the right series.

Yeah, also new members do 3 races in fiats, bmw's etc, out of three races I can do a handicap from, it wouldn't be hard,

Btw, did any of the W.M.A members catch the interview with A.J allmendinger in the pre race interview today? Thought on it?

Last edited:
Using your average finish over the last 3-5 races participated in we would work out a number which would become your handicap, handicaps will only go as high as the number 12 and down to 1.00, using my last results of itcc at deep forest, 5th, 8th and 2nd my handicap would be then 4.25, I'm a bit busy today, but tonight I will work some handicaps for whom I can find results for,

Back