World Motorsport Association

• Thread starter NizmoDr3
  • 1,067 comments
E.g Hit 2:06:00 in a Lexus IS 200 GT-1 on Nurburgring GP/F. The 3 fastest drivers from those test sessions, will earn a 'Wild Card' placement in the higher event. The only way to get 'promoted' to the next event is to finish in the Top 8 or via the 'Wild Card' procedure.

I ask all RD's to concentrate on their 'Feeder' series before focusing on a higher or more prestigious event. Series already in a season will not count toward any Leaderboard atm. EVERYONE will have to start at the bottom before moving up their choosen Tier. Therefore, I have 6 weeks to get Bridgestone Production Cars sorted for the next level on the Wesbank Super Series Tier.

My theory behind this that if we do it any other way, then people will move up the 'Tiers' too quickly ... we need to slow it down a notch ...

E.g Hit 2:06:00 in a Lexus IS 200 GT-1 on Nurburgring GP/F. The 3 fastest drivers from those test sessions, will earn a 'Wild Card' placement in the higher event. The only way to get 'promoted' to the next event is to finish in the Top 8 or via the 'Wild Card' procedure.

I ask all RD's to concentrate on their 'Feeder' series before focusing on a higher or more prestigious event. Series already in a season will not count toward any Leaderboard atm. EVERYONE will have to start at the bottom before moving up their choosen Tier. Therefore, I have 6 weeks to get Bridgestone Production Cars sorted for the next level on the Wesbank Super Series Tier.

My theory behind this that if we do it any other way, then people will move up the 'Tiers' too quickly ... we need to slow it down a notch ...

Spec racing will have to determine tiers. It is the only way I know of right now that accurately shows how fast a driver you are. We do need a handicap system for minimum requirements for series.

Shot mate, we have some great ideas here between all of us, perhaps we should use the remainder of the series happening to implement all off these ideas to see how it balances out,

How about we organize the series we have into disciplines... Then we can figure out ways to get people into series. We need to get the series we have sorted into the categories.

Well yeah 1 make races would be the best way to implement someones handicap. I will require something like it to give cars to people for my next series,

Agreed polar we need participants to fill the series first before we make a tier system, new comers to GTP should go through the tier systems but decorated people from major series like the FGT, F10 championship, le mans series shouldn't have to go through an entire season of racing in a series they don't really care for or, dominate it because they have better tuning skills then the people they are racing against, this is where a 3 race policy should be implimented to gain a handicap, this can be achieved by running a recommended garage, bmw, fiat series as oppose to 10 events, this won't scare people away that maybe testing the waters of W.M.A that's my primary concern,

BMW is linked on the OP ...
That is my Spec Series for the people who want to get promoted up the ranks ...

@Polar ... what type of categories are you thinking?

BMW is linked on the OP ...
That is my Spec Series for the people who want to get promoted up the ranks ...

@Polar ... what type of categories are you thinking?

Well judging from the series that we have currently/ have been planned...

-Open wheel
-Touring Cars
-Rally
-Drifting (If it happens)
-GT cars
-Multi Class (would cover everything with two+ classes... this may not be needed though)

^THIS^ was my initial intention ...

I say we split the series we have now into those categories (I'll start now) and the ones that don't fit... we'll find something for them..

Also, maybe a spec series section would be useful.

We do need more Spec Series than the 2 we have now ... Karts & BMW Cup ...

I say at least 1 Spec Series per discipline ... EG NSX RM for GT, BMW for Touring Cars etc ...

If we go the discipline route, then I say max 2 people develop and run the 'Tier' for that discipline ... I'M STATING NOW THAT I CALL DIBS ON TOURING CARS ... :lol:

I say we split the series we have now into those categories (I'll start now) and the ones that don't fit... we'll find something for them..

Also, maybe a spec series section would be useful.

+1 for the spec section. We would need to cover multiple levels of spec racing though. I mean certainly a spec miata series is easier to drive than a spec Corvette Zr-1 series.

I will organize the GT section if you let me :)

cnd01
+1 for the spec section. We would need to cover multiple levels of spec racing though. I mean certainly a spec miata series is easier to drive than a spec Corvette Zr-1 series.

I will organize the GT section if you let me :)

Me and Cnd in GT?

But everyone would help everyone...

But if we are going to base this on Spec Racing then surely we should all join O.R.C.A or PURE ...

But if we are going to base this on Spec Racing then surely we should all join O.R.C.A or PURE ...

I already am a part of ORCA. Spec racing would be just a side project maybe in collaboration with ORCA. I know they would like clean drivers. I will talk to BrandonW77 and see what his thoughts are.

Polar and I working together...What could go wrong :dopey:

:D

My split of the current series that we have now:

Open wheel: FGT Championship

Touring Cars: DTM, Historical touring cars/ Muscle?, ITCC, Bankfin

Rally: GTP WRC

Drifting: D1SL in the works?

GT: Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge, Super GT

Multi Class: Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge, Super GT?, Le Manns School

Spec: Rising Star Fiats, Karts?, 135i Cup, Camaro Cup

Not sure about the Bridgestone production series...

:D

My split of the current series that we have now:

Open wheel: FGT Championship

Touring Cars: DTM, Historical touring cars/ Muscle?, ITCC, Bankfin

Rally: GTP WRC

Drifting: D1SL in the works?

GT: Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge, Super GT

Multi Class: Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge, Super GT?, Le Manns School

Spec: Rising Star Fiats, Karts?, 135i Cup, Camaro Cup

Not sure about the Bridgestone production series...

Le Manns school? LE MANS SCHOOL. Go home from the beach. The hair color change the sun is giving you might become permanent. :lol:

I'm taking ownership of open wheelers, because let's face it, I'm the best for it lol,

:lol: ... Brigestone would fall under Touring Cars because Touring Car Class is Tin-Top Racing ...

Le Mans School will go under GT ...

what is happening to me?!?!?!?

Polar don't go outside today :lol:

Back on topic, here is how the GT class works according to me. Some of these may fall into other categories

Camaro Cup if it is still in existance :nervous:
CTSCC
Super GT if it materializes
Storm's World GT? possibly?

I messaged Storm over PSN to get his series ... awaiting his reply ... would Rolex fall under th GT category as well?

Polar don't go outside today :lol:

Back on topic, here is how the GT class works according to me. Some of these may fall into other categories

Camaro Cup if it is still in existance :nervous:
CTSCC
Super GT if it materializes
Storm's World GT? possibly?

I believe storm decided against WMA sanctioning.

I don't think the Camaro Cup is still around... Or if it is... it's not doing so hot..

Another idea I had for the multi-class and GT series combo is bring back my personal favorite events from the original Gran Turismo. Have the U.S.A. v. Japan, U.S.A. v. Europe, and Europe v. Japan championships. I hate to use another golf term, but it would be like the Ryder cup just with a 3rd team.

Back