World Motorsport Association

• Thread starter NizmoDr3
  • 1,067 comments
I am really not understanding this handicap system. Anyone care to spell it out for me?

Basically the best driver possible who wins every race would have a handicap of 1.00 because he would win every race. I had a 3rd, a 2nd, and a 1st in the ITCC at Tsukuba. The average finish is 2nd. My handicap would be a 2.0 for that week in the ITCC.

And what's the point of this handicap?

If I understand correctly, it will be used for as follows:

1.) final driver's standings i.e. the W.M.A. champion.
2.) determining what series are right for you

We may not have a drivers standing, and it may not be the perfect test for what series suits you. This is more of a suggestion.

cnd01
If I understand correctly, it will be used for as follows:

1.) final driver's standings i.e. the W.M.A. champion.
2.) determining what series are right for you

We may not have a drivers standing, and it may not be the perfect test for what series suits you. This is more of a suggestion.

Instead of using handicap system to determine what is right series for drivers to join (which I dont see the point of) why not just give same points for all series, average it out. Then drivers may look at the participant list in that series to determine whether they will be competitive or not. I still dont quite understand the point of the handicap system....

Instead of using handicap system to determine what is right series for drivers to join (which I dont see the point of) why not just give same points for all series, average it out. Then drivers may look at the participant list in that series to determine whether they will be competitive or not. I still dont quite understand the point of the handicap system....

This will still happen. I think the handicap is designed to help people find the series, in which they'll be in the closest competition, using the ITCC (Round 8 soon) as the background, to see who's fastest, mid-field, and who would do better in the lower tier series.

This way, we don't have 8 people in FGTC, who would be like five seconds off of the pace set by the other drivers. Bankfin, ITCC, and FGTC will be incredibly hard to win. Other series might not be as hard to win. So, we'll find which series are the absolute hardest, and which drivers would fit in okay.

That's just my understanding, from what I've read so far.

The Leaderboard is still going to happen.

Here's how the handicap system works, using my previous results from itcc,
Results being from 3 races, 5th, 8th, 2nd, my handicap would be 4.25,
The lowest handicap some could have would be 1.00 and the highest would be 12.00
In the event of a field not being or exceeding the 12 competitors then 12 will be divided by the number of participants,

Here's how the handicap system works, using my previous results from itcc,
Results being from 3 races, 5th, 8th, 2nd, my handicap would be 4.25,
The lowest handicap some could have would be 1.00 and the highest would be 12.00
In the event of a field not being or exceeding the 12 competitors then 12 will be divided by the number of participants,

But, what does the handicap result in? What's the difference?

A big welcome to our new members ... 👍

marcoboyle
TMT
Mad4missiles
NEWDRIVER2
Geisterfahrer

They will be participating in different events that are currently available ...

marcoboyle
TMT
Mad4missiles
NEWDRIVER2
Geisterfahrer

marco-karting
TMT-karting
Mad4missiles-D1SL
NEWDRIVER2-Bankfin, and more Team Phoenix events
Geisterfahrer-karting

Welcome again guys!

The handicap system will so the best driver out of everyone as they will have the lowest number next to their name, it will also show us the most improved over time and the most consistant driver as their handicap will not really change much, and when we have the requirements to use the tier system, we divide the ladder of the handicaps into 4 tiers as close to equal as possible, then drivers then drivers with tier 4 qualifications will get preference on tier 4 championships, then tier 3 then tier 2 etc until the grids are full, this will also give incentive for people to take up more then 1 series and racing multiple times a week as every individual race will go towards their handicap enabling them to advance up the tiers and influencing grids to be full on what might be a lesser desired series and will also give other drivers some basic knowledge on new drivers plus see how they are holding themselves against his or herself,

The handicap system...

So, you're suggesting a leaderboard based directly off of average finishes, skipping points entirely.

Leaderboard options:

1. F.I.A. Points (25) averaged out by number of series
  2. Dave's Averaging system
  3. Make a new option

Therefore, three options, commence "voting."

Mel if you pm me the results for the last 3 races everyone competed in itcc I will post handicaps for every in itcc include jp and anyone else who has done 3 races in itcc,
Niz you pm me the results for everyone in bankfin that isn't in itcc or didn't compete in itcc yesterday, I will require qualifying positions as you only have 2 races, if you haven't got them recorded then just try remember best you can, give me seths results as well,

I will calculate it properly to give you guys a rough idea on how it works,

NizmoDr3

marcoboyle
TMT
Mad4missiles
NEWDRIVER2
Geisterfahrer

Thanke you Nizmo and MrMelancholy for this warm welcome 👍 :dopey:

Mel if you pm me the results for the last 3 races everyone competed in itcc I will post handicaps for every in itcc include jp and anyone else who has done 3 races in itcc,
Niz you pm me the results for everyone in bankfin that isn't in itcc or didn't compete in itcc yesterday, I will require qualifying positions as you only have 2 races, if you haven't got them recorded then just try remember best you can, give me seths results as well,

I will calculate it properly to give you guys a rough idea on how it works,

The results are up in both threads. I'm a bit busy for PM'ing you that. They're televising Queensland today, right now.

Thanke you Nizmo and MrMelancholy for this warm welcome 👍 :dopey:

You're welcome. :)

Yes mel, because I myself is planning some one off races which will only provide 1 set off points to the structure, I believe in averaging the points but every race requires someone to individually go into the calculations to alter it, this would be somewhat time consuming, the handicap system can be changed easily as the maths behind it are simple, thus changing the average every time and if people understand the maths behind it they will know within .25 of what their handicap will be next race,

Yes mel, because I myself is planning some one off races which will only provide 1 set off points to the structure, I believe in averaging the points but every race requires someone to individually go into the calculations to alter it, this would be somewhat time consuming, the handicap system can be changed easily as the maths behind it are simple, thus changing the average every time and if people understand the maths behind it they will know within .25 of what their handicap will be next race,

Do you mean as a spot race? Spot races, I'm thinking, likely won't be for points. I'm thinking of a 2h Nürburgring Endurance (VLN revival) spot race, but, it'd be hard to give points.

Anyways, ITCC results from this weekend:

Click here

Full ITCC standings:

Click here

33 points to first place, -2 for every position behind.

Hence why finishing positions work best for the handicap instead of uniformed points averages, people can even use pre season events to gain and add to a handicap,

Bud I can't access google documents from the phone, server times out,

I'm gonna need some help for a photo session for a series I introduced to Nizmo recently. What gmt time this Saturday would fit most people? I need someone in these cars:

Citroën C4 WRC - NEWDRIVER
Audi A4 DTM - Nizmo
Audi TT DTM - Rally
2010 Red Bull NASCAR
Red Bull X2010 S. Vettel / Carbon prototype

Anyone helping me out will get a tradeable car of own choice :)

Last edited:
Iam here for help just ( PM ) me when you want to take this photos and i will join your lobby 👍

NizmoDr3
Just tell me when and where Rally ... I'll be in the Audi A4 DTM ... 👍

Hmm.. Off-topic:
Dear PD,
Y U no make phototravel open to standards and online??
With these cars the Red Bull Hangar would be ideal but we'll need to find somewhere else :lol: I'm having the straight on the Nordschleife in mind, I'll post a picture of preferred positions in the first post on this topic soon :)

Edit: I'm taking the TT so the Premiums are available :)

Hey niz can you pm me the qualy and race results from bankfin when you get a minute please,

I'm gonna need some help for a photo session for a series I introduced to Nizmo recently. What gmt time this Saturday would fit most people? I need someone in these cars:

Citroën C4 WRC
Audi A4 DTM - Nizmo
Audi TT DTM - Rally
2010 Red Bull NASCAR
Red Bull X2010 S. Vettel / Carbon prototype

Anyone helping me out will get a tradeable car of own choice :)

Considers paint jobs on these cars; what could this be for?

Ummm, yeah, if you're making a Red Bull racing series... :lol:

Anyways, Rally, you'd better PM me please.

Back