However, these results are assuming the grid held 12 cars minimum,

Driver101, 1.00
Freshseth83, 1.50
MrMeloncholy15, 3.50
Sakery, 3.75
Nizmodr3, 4.50
Moose, 5.25
AJHG, 6.50

So if I got a handicap of 4.50, does that mean I'm retarded? ... :lol: ... just joking ... it should mean I'm a mid-field driver who always finished between 4 and 5 right?

6th overall because I forgot to put mine in at 4.25, but being at 4.5 would mean that if you were to finish the next race 4th you would beat your handicap, then follow that up with another 4th would match it, so basically if you finish on the podium you should celebrate a small victory as you beat your handicap,

The maths behind it is simple, every time you match your handicap you lose 0.25 for matching your handicap, so niz yours being 4.50 at the start of the event and your results are 4th, 5th and 2nd, your starting point would be 4.50 you matched your handicap so you would -.25 from 4.50 so your net handicap would be 4.25, result of the next race being 5th would put you back to 4.50, then the second place gained would drop your handicap by .75 making it net 3.75,

The idea is that you lose or gain .25 for per position lost or gained at each race, you only lose .25 for matching your handicap until your handicap rounds off so if your 4.25 and have 2 4ths your handicap will go to 4.00 but not to 3.75 as your matching your handicap, unless you match it 3 times in 1 event or request to have it revised or its changed on the advisement of an event host,

Sorry it takes so long for me to reply, my phones going slow and I'm proof reading it to my gf to make sure it makes sense

The only time this becomes difficult is if the field is smaller the 12 cars, which eventually I would take to 16 as my hope is to have every grid slot filled, that would make life easier, we can also add incentives into this for higher handicap drivers, ie- FGT championship requires pace car driver, you could get the attention of a tier 4 driver by offering them a total 1.00 off their handicap for each race, maximum to tier 3 so they get more open opportunities to race higher up,

Do you have some questions niz?

My rough equation/formula for the Leaderboard ...

If a driver participates in 4 series and 1 spot race, then the equation is easy ...
Out of the 4 series, 2 of them have 3 heats, 1 has 2 heats, and the 3rd has 1 heat, plus 1 spot race ... that equates to 10 races in total for Driver A ... say for instance his finishing results are as follows;

Series A
Heat 1 = 5th = 14 points
Heat 2 = 4th = 16 points
Heat 3 = 1st = 25 points

Series B
Heat 1 = 10th = 7 points
Heat 2 = 8th = 9 points
Heat 3 = 4th = 16 points

Series C
Heat 1 = 1st = 25 points
Heat 2 = 1st = 25 points

Series D
1 Race = 6th = 12 points

Spot Race = 4th = 16 points

His total point tally is 165 points for all the races. Divide 165 by 10 total races = 16.5 points = 17 points for that week ...

Rough example ... but maybe we can multiply/divide the points by the drives handicap rating ...

I like Nizmo's idea if we can agree to a points system for all races, be they Sprint, Feature or Enduro, or at least can decide on a system to make the ladder points independent from championship points. I presented the idea of giving ladder points based on how many cars that are behind you at the finish line, which I believe could work with Niz's idea 👍

Ok guys, as niz has said we need to make a decision on which system to use, perhaps we place a poll on this thread as 80% of people competing have seen the ideas, why don't we let our current competitors decide between now and friday which is best for them and for us?

Also was able to update the handicap system with some more people:-
1) Driver101 1.00
2) Seth83 1.50
3) Damu 1.75
4) Cnd01 2.00
5) MrMel 3.50
6) Storm 3.50
7) Sakery 3.75.( Most accurate result with most information)
8) Dave 4.25
9) Nizmo 4.50
10) Lancer 5
11) Moose 5.25
12) Polar 5.50
13) AJHG 6.50

It would be ideal once we get more competitors and more series happening,

Also mel, how full is your plate? Do you think you could take over the fiats for a 5 event season?

Last edited:
So the handicap system is based on finishing positions right? But the grid numbers arent consistent. It would be unfair when there are 10 driver grids on 1 series and 16 on another. Other than that I think the handicap system is pretty good. we would need to test this out first though.

Kk, it does need some ironing out, because I see what your saying, that is just my idea on show assuming the grid has 16 cars on it, but if your in a split series event where there is 8 cars in each class you would halve it, if there's 10 or less cars you would halve it, I think that keeps it easy to learn and understand

The hardest part for me is trying to explain it, my hands can't type my thoughts, good thing really it would paint a picture of some sick lol

Kk, it does need some ironing out, because I see what your saying, that is just my idea on show assuming the grid has 16 cars on it, but if your in a split series event where there is 8 cars in each class you would halve it, if there's 10 or less cars you would halve it, I think that keeps it easy to learn and understand

The hardest part for me is trying to explain it, my hands can't type my thoughts, good thing really it would paint a picture of some sick lol

haha lol. overall I think its a good idea. I just didnt quite understand the point of it but now I see the benefits....good job...

I've just had a paint by numbers explanation of this handicap theory ... all is well when it comes the tiers and handicaps in Alices Wonderland, but my biggest liking to this handicap, is that it shows a person who their "rival" is ... I've learnt that its not easy trying to win a race, but if you have a rival and you beat him, then to me, there's more satisfaction in beating your rival, than winning ... some people are consistent but not "fast", others are fast but not consistent ... beating a "rival" in your skill level, will produce better racing than having the slowest guy trying to beat the fastest guy

The other benefit niz pointed out is that you can compete againsts other drivers without actually racing them, also you can keep track of your progress, plus if your in a race and get SMASHED! By the winner you can look to the handicap system to see if you were unlucky or out driven by someone that is better then you, or you went toe to toe with someone that has a low handicap and beat "according to the records" a quality driver,

This system will show the front runners, the consistant people and enable us to help drivers that maybe struggling, thus keeping everyone competitive and happy,

I know this is off the handicap topic, but what about possibly starting a Ferrari Challenge like the one that Grand-Am has? We already have the CTSCC and pretty much the RSCS. Plus the ITCC would be great to evolve into the Total showcase.

^ it would have to be stock F430 scuderia's perhaps with the aero kits, the plan is to evolve and have an entry level series for each tier, this might fit tier 2,

^ it would have to be stock F430 scuderia's perhaps with the aero kits, the plan is to evolve and have an entry level series for each tier, this might fit tier 2,

I have sent you the PM of the info. Anyone else that wants info on the Ferrari Challenge please let me know.

polarbear345
Like a really fancy one?

I can make the fanciest one of them all. Heck I could even replicate GTPlanet. Im not talking about using webs or any other free service. Im talking about using actual programing languages....With the right codes anything is possible....

Back