World Motorsport Association

• Thread starter NizmoDr3
  • 1,067 comments
Oh 🤬 :banghead: ... I'll sort it out now ...

As far as I know, the following races are taking place this week;

Karts
ITCC
Bankfin
Fiat Trophy
Conti

So far as I know, that's correct, but D1SL is getting up & running shortly, as we're discussing the finalization of the schedule. Drifters are welcome in the leaderboard.

MrMelancholy15
So far as I know, that's correct, but D1SL is getting up & running shortly, as we're discussing the finalization of the schedule. Drifters are welcome in the leaderboard.

How will drifters fit into a racing leaderboard?

Why not have a seperate one for rallying and drifting since they linked.

How will drifters fit into a racing leaderboard?

Why not have a seperate one for rallying and drifting since they linked.

Well, they aren't any different; they still finish in positions, from first to sixteenth. While the goals are entirely different, they result in the same results.

MrMelancholy15
Well, they aren't any different; they still finish in positions, from first to sixteenth. While the goals are entirely different, they result in the same results.

So is it racing? First dash to the finish line? Because I know that rallying is time trail but im unaware of drifting....

Drifting is scored as a stylistic competition, with points given by judges, and it works as a tournament tree (with qualifying runs, great eight, final four, and top two.) Therefore, it's equivalent to olympic footy matches: two vs. two, until the "medal matches."

While first through sixteen are scored as normal, in drifting, it's just judged based on style, instead of speed or lap times.

It still takes talent. For example, Keiichi Tsuchiya is a talented drifter, but, has also competed in the 24 hours of Le Mans. In the W.M.A., I think we respect all forms of motorsports equally.

Hey Nizmo:

Maybe I could start a endurance part for WMA? All the series in this section would have to be 1 hour+. I would maybe start a WEC type series, with all premium cars... some DLC.

I'd also like to do spot races directly related to real life endurance races (24hr Le Mans, 24 hr Nurb, 24hr Spa)

These would of course be with the help of friends! (Mel has shown interest in 2hr of Nurb, Dave showed interest in doing a Indy 500) (I'M NOT A THREAD STALKER...)

To summarize this:

Maybe we should have a special branch of WMA dedicated to endurance racing, and full length real life races. I'd be in charge of it, if needed, but if people wanted to the races on their own, that'd be fine too (Dave also said he wants the Indy 500 to himself :P)

Maybe a special name would be a cool addition too? The series/races would of course have WMA sanctioned on it. Maybe call the division BEER- Best Ever Endurance Racing (LOL!)

I'm not sure if that'd work... beer has alcohol in it... not all of us are of drinking age... (Myself included :P) and the internet is a harsh place...

So I'm looking into 4 letter animal names xD

If you have a idea, PLEASE post below!!!

We can use it for the NAEC in the Rolex. It could be used for the endurance races in the other series as well. Maybe it has its own points. The spot races would count towards the point standings as well. I say we can do it. Good idea polar 👍

Thanks for making me sound like a selfish pelican polar lol, its more that I'm going to put the time and research into it before creating my page, plus I want to be a part of it so this free time I have with no online racing distractions I can do it properly, lol,

BEER lol, that's nice, ice cold, as matter of fact I could go one now.... Lol

Also I would like to see an endurance spec series, RX-7 T/C at 500pp,

Thanks for making me sound like a selfish pelican polar lol, its more that I'm going to put the time and research into it before creating my page, plus I want to be a part of it so this free time I have with no online racing distractions I can do it properly, lol,

BEER, why not BEERS BestEverEnduranceRacingSeries?

cnd01
BEER, why not BEERS BestEverEnduranceRacingSeries?

Because I think 4 letters makes a good thingy:

BEER | WEC 24 Hours of Spa- blah blah

BEERS | ... I'm not digging it as much...

I'm still open to a 4 letter animal!

^^ bahahahaha, I struggle to spell my name so I shortened it to 4 letters lol

Speaking of shortened words.....

Cnd have you seen anyone using or heard of anyone using the RBZ driver at your golf course and getting good results, longer, more accurate, etc?

Speaking of shortened words.....

Cnd have you seen anyone using or heard of anyone using the RBZ driver at your golf course and getting good results, longer, more accurate, etc?

Ahh, the good old RBZ. The pride of Taylor Made. A lot of people at my CC have said good things about it. My co-worker's father has one. He says it added 10 yards, but he isn't hitting as many fairways. One old man bought the RBZ, and his handicap went down a full point. I just purchased a Cobra AMP driver. It was between the RBZ and the AMP. The only reason I bought the AMP was that it is on sale for $200. :lol: I had about 4 more yards on average with the RBZ when I went in to the golf store and hit about 20 golf balls on their virtual driving range with each. If you are going to buy Taylor Made, I would recommend the R11S if you are looking for accuracy, and the RBZ if you want distance. :)

Back on topic, when would be a good time for me to go ahead and start my Ferrari Challenge? I was thinking wait another week.

I currently us the R11 9 degree closed with grade 2 stiiff shaft and whack it 300+ yards, also use a titleist 910D3 10.5 with a standard mens shaft depending on how the back is feeling or how windy it is on the day, like every golfer I want more distance off the tee, I will have to try out the RBZ if it is longer, I've been 7 - 15 yards short of driving some par 4 greens, I need some easy birdies lol,

Ferrari challenge, how many people have signed up?

TDZdave

That is such as a greet idea i like to be in RX7 but i don't have T/C maybe i will use road car RX7 :lol: .
What about the RX7 shootout at 500 pp in The Ring and Grand Valley .....lablablaa 👍

Well as you don't have DLC there will eventually be some form of endurance series to sort you, also its an idea, nothing sanctioned yet lol

I currently us the R11 9 degree closed with grade 2 stiiff shaft and whack it 300+ yards, also use a titleist 910D3 10.5 with a standard mens shaft depending on how the back is feeling or how windy it is on the day, like every golfer I want more distance off the tee, I will have to try out the RBZ if it is longer, I've been 7 - 15 yards short of driving some par 4 greens, I need some easy birdies lol,

Ferrari challenge, how many people have signed up?

The RBZ should improve your distance. I can hit my Cobra AMP about 270. I have 9.5 degree neutral weights with graphite stiff shaft. Hole #2 at my golf course is a downhill 345 yard par 4. I have drove it within 10 yards of the front greenside bunkers before :).

Right now, I have 3 guaranteed. Another 4 possibly, and I haven't even put the thread up yet :)

I had the R9 with reg shaft at 10.5, it was given to me by the taylormade sales rep, so I used it lol, we are in meters not yards over here, I hit the R11 longer but not averaging longer, I have to nuke it every time which gets tiring after 16 holes, so my results for the last holes are all over the shop, I play at Victor Harbor, which if your familiar with a bit of golf history is where the ambrose was invented, my biggest drives with the R11 was at the first hole, rough numbers is a 460 yard par 4 with a mega elevated tee block, I was 10 yards short of the green, I also drove the 11th par 4 with the R9 before that's flat 350ish yard hole, I also use the FG tourX balls which are the longest in the game, by far for me any way, the difference for that and a nike tour D or proV1 in distance I'm talking 30 yards, when I use these balls 3 out of the 4 par 5s on the course I'm using driver- 7 iron, the other par 5 is driver- 4 iron, if I hit the green I have never missed an eagle putt, but usually I'm left, right, short, long, in the bunker etc,
Last pennants match at my home course was my favorite, I went driver- 9 iron on the second shortest par 5 and was within 2 ft of the pin, the guy give me the hole before he had his next shot lol,

I suggest to put the thread up for the week, plan for the race to happen 10 to 14 days away, I'd be up for it when I'm back online,

I had the R9 with reg shaft at 10.5, it was given to me by the taylormade sales rep, so I used it lol, we are in meters not yards over here, I hit the R11 longer but not averaging longer, I have to nuke it every time which gets tiring after 16 holes, so my results for the last holes are all over the shop, I play at Victor Harbor, which if your familiar with a bit of golf history is where the ambrose was invented, my biggest drives with the R11 was at the first hole, rough numbers is a 460 yard par 4 with a mega elevated tee block, I was 10 yards short of the green, I also drove the 11th par 4 with the R9 before that's flat 350ish yard hole, I also use the FG tourX balls which are the longest in the game, by far for me any way, the difference for that and a nike tour D or proV1 in distance I'm talking 30 yards, when I use these balls 3 out of the 4 par 5s on the course I'm using driver- 7 iron, the other par 5 is driver- 4 iron, if I hit the green I have never missed an eagle putt, but usually I'm left, right, short, long, in the bunker etc,
Last pennants match at my home course was my favorite, I went driver- 9 iron on the second shortest par 5 and was within 2 ft of the pin, the guy give me the hole before he had his next shot lol,

I suggest to put the thread up for the week, plan for the race to happen 10 to 14 days away, I'd be up for it when I'm back online,

What is your handicap? :lol: I have never made an eagle before. I use BridgeStone B330 RX or ProV1's. I don't have the distance to hit most par 5's in 2. Normally I am driver-3 wood-chip shot with the wedge for par 5's. I play for my high school's golf team. My Achilles heel is putting. I shot 91 at the last tournament that my team played in with six 3-putts. I also hit 2 out of bounds and quadrupled a short par-5. Last time I played a full 18 holes, I shot an 84.

I will put the Ferrari Challenge on Interest checks tomorrow morning. All members of the W.M.A. who are interested let me know. I will PM you a link :)

These would of course be with the help of friends! (Mel has shown interest in 2hr of Nurb, Dave showed interest in doing a Indy 500) (I'M NOT A THREAD STALKER...)

:lol:

images

I've expressed way more than interest. I tried to run a full series based on it. It didn't quite turn out, but, maybe the spot race would.

MrMelancholy15
:lol:

I've expressed way more than interest. I tried to run a full series based on it. It didn't quite turn out, but, maybe the spot race would.

Not enough people are hard core enough for a hour of intense racing every week.... :/

Skype is lonely, and maybe you could help me with some IEC planning (WEC, with different, all premium cars)

Not enough people are hard core enough for a hour of intense racing every week.... :/

Skype is lonely, and maybe you could help me with some IEC planning (WEC, with different, all premium cars)

Some say that replacing the "W" in a real life racing series, with "I," is very much fun.

MrMelancholy15
Some say that replacing the "W" in a real life racing series, with "I," is very much fun.

Yep ;)

When it's not going to be totally realistic... Change the 'W' to a 'I' xD

Actually didn't realize what I did until now....

^^ the roadster endurance championship lasts 1 hour give or take, they race every week, I won the first 1 lol,

Cnd, my handicap now is 27, when I was a junior I was 7 at my lowest, then I found car racing and girls so golf took a back seat for 10 years or so, if I took it more serious and layed off the alcohol during the game I could get back lower, but now I just play twice a week as a social thing, I used to play 2 rounds minimum a day, it was length stopping me from getting better when I was younger, but now I don't practice a thing, I don't want to ruin the fun of it again, at victor harbor GC most people add 12 shots to their handicap it was ranked in the top 100 hardest courses to play in the world, every fairway is lined intensely with trees, most greens are small, I'm happy to have 90 to 100 off the stick here, the other course on the south coast I go there and hate it when I have 80 off the stick, that course has 2 trees on it, 1 is dead lol

Guys, what should the rules be on "aero-swerving?"

I mean this politely, but, we need rules. Can we allow drivers to swerve on straightaways, to negate the difference made while drafting?

Pros:
  • Allows drivers who are faster to maintain a fair lead
  • Spread out fields may result in fewer crashes

Cons:
  • Can cause crashes
  • Is looked down upon, by some, as "cheating."
  • Could be an unfair advantage
  • Will spread the field out sooner
  • Could lead to fewer "battles"

It's up for discussion. Yes or no answers preferred, with explanations optional.

Ok guys, with the exception of cnd's ferrari series and polar creating an endurance series, I propose a halt on any new series being implimented into wma because what we already have will take us to and past october,

Plus I have some behind the scenes issues and concerns in which I'm voicing now before everything flops and all the time we have invested into the wma becomes pointless, I'm not doing this to create issues or problems I'm doing this for the best interests of wma, starting at the bottom, here goes nothing,

New racing series, any founding member of wma reserves the right to create a new racing series as they already have the trust and competence to organize and run it without issue,

Current/ new members of wma creating series, before creating it officially under wma the idea must be passed through the board members first, and go from there, they shouldn't expect it to be automatically sanctioned by us,
Adopting new series, I'm all for helping people, but if we get asked for help by a non member or new member to get things started we will, but what if we end up with another "seth"? easy, instead of sanctioning it we advertise it on the OP, we do not allow the wma name to go on it, thus allowing the owner to keep total control and if they start running it into the ground and refuse our help we can remove it from our OP and wash our hands of it, no harm no foul, plus our drivers if they are interested in it can race in it and report back to us on how well it was run, is it worth sanctioning, etc, also this should be cleared by all board members, I'm not losing rep through something I didn't have a say in,

Stewards, on race day the head steward is the room host, or series creator, if that series runs a safety car then I guess that could be a/the steward if asked and accepted by the host/ creator,
The wma should have a head steward in which all room hosts can go to for help in adjudication, clarification and honest level headed advice, as the creator of the drivers hand book I believe mel should be this person

The council, these people should include some non founding members, the council will be the people that stewards/ hosts and creators go to for problems, ie, dirty drivers, DLC usage issues, nominate or find someone icluding themselves to run a series in the event of a hosts absence or any problems they struggle to overcome, people I suggest for this would be cnd, polar, morten etc

Board members, these are founding members, no buts, us founding members have invested to much time and effort into it to have it fail, the head of the board should be niz as he is the one who pretty much got this going over the first 3 days, and he has control of the OP, he has done 90% of the creativity, the buck stops with him, all marginal decisions are to be finalized by him, no buts!
Also board members have the right to remove dirty drivers on the spot, also all of us need a specific duty, that return to the rest of us for a vote or with details, so here goes my idea,

Nizmo, president and spokesman of the board/ council and wma,
Mel, driving standards/ stewards advisor co-ordinator, this would make council member as well,
TDZdave, handicap/ new and adoptive racing series advisor/ co-ordinator,
Rallymorten, new members advisor/ co-ordinator,
Cnd01/ polar, chief council members,

Basically what this will do is take 80% of the work load from all of us, and allow each of us to focus on one specific area of the wma, but we will need to report to each other via pm's or take votes or communicate detail,we need more communication between all of us founding members, and in part of what I'm saying is this is how it has to happen, if you don't want the position or to take something that's fine, you can just remain and race, but if decisions are made that your not happy about then well to bad, this needs to be sorted out,

Or the other option is I start designating you all positions that I believe suit your abilities and you can take it or leave it,

Mel, aero swerving should be allowed as long as it does not become multiple blocking moves, 1 block move should be allowed per lap,

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back