World Super GT Championship | Pre-season, sign-ups thread

• Thread starter Denilson
  • 1,097 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said about start procedure and passing 👍 - both will just take some time to adjust for new drivers.

I also noticed the hesitating in passing too - same as Aderrrm, I wont turn in, so gt500 guys should go for it when passing, or we both get slowed down.

I''m sorry I've rammed you last night at Monza, Adam (and possibly a few others???). But I saw one car flying in the air and couldn't concentrate on braking for the first corner anymore. After that there was almost zero lag and I did well besides hitting one of those damn braking markers.:banghead:

Wait, aderrrm, did you do a 2:03.8 in the Garaiya at Suzuka?! :embarrassed: That's way faster than pole and .2 quicker than I managed last night in the subaru (2:04.0)

No problem wge. When you hit me (which was quite a big hit) I was like wth?! :lol:

Ya Mole. :) I did a 2:03.6xx in an RX7 on Suzuka the other day by myself. Not sure how fast the Subaru is in comparison though. Like I said I'm going to test at Suzuka. :)

EDIT: Shall I test the next lot of GT300s with tyre/fuel depletion off. That way I can carry on lapping the cars and not having to pit every 3 laps to get the best out of the tyres. Plus you know that all cars will have had the exact same grip in the tyres when doing the laps. The downside is the lap times will be quicker with tyre/fuel depletion off, so you won't be able to compare them to what you would get without - but does this matter that much?

Last edited:
I always test with tyre and fuel wear on. Do 2-3 laps, and then pit again for new tyres and a loaded petrol tank.

I dedicated an hour yesterday to look at the replays from our races. Some situations is related to new cars, and some incidents are related to drivers who are not focused.

This is a tip:
Back off the throttle and brake early when approaching a corner behind a car or in a pack.

Startprocedure:
I agree with Aderrrm here, keeping a even pace reduces the risk of unneccesary damage during the formationlap :scared:
Do not stay to close to eachother, just make sure to close up the gaps when start is about to happen.

I watched the starts and MY GOD they looked awful :lol:
We are supposed to run 2 lanes, with pole car on the inside relative to turn 1.
Car number 2 will lead the other line on the opposite side (outside relative to turn 1).

But then again, this first test was mainly to get a grip of the level of mods suggested. And with that in mind, pre-season race 1 was perfect. 👍

Driver profiles:
I don't want driver profiles like the ones we had in the beginning of last season. It was perhaps to private for some of us. Totally understand. But this year, I want to make a virtual driver profile that will look like this:

nya001-1.jpg
120px-Flag_of_Sweden_svg-1.png

wsgtc021-1.jpg

Driver: chorda
WSGTC seasons: 2
Class / Car Season 2: GT500 / Nissan CALSONIC IMPUL GT-R
Class / Car Season 1: GT500 / Nissan AUTECH MOTUL GT-R
WSGTC 1 overall: 2nd
WSGTC 1 wins: 1
WSGTC 1 podiums: 6
Pole positions: 1
*Nurburhring 24h: 5:53.650
Fastest laps: 2
*Nurburgring 24h: 8:34.675
*Suzuka: 1:57.790

Just post your picture in this thread, and I'll do the rest. 👍

Last edited:
Yes, I want all drivers to just send me a profile picture from the same pose my driver is in. I'll do the rest (flags, information etc.). Fair enough?

I love it!!!

Can we update uniforms through out the season. I am a little OCD.....have issues maintaining the same get up on my driver. ;) however I can commit to a driver helmet and suit by race start if requested.

Red, white, and Blue be my colors. So maybe I stay with in color it won't matter. Wait. I have to win for anyone to see it. Hahaha I could go pink and you guys may never know. Now you need to let me win to see if I did indeed go pink. Hahahaha

Also looking for helmet and suit trades.

Anyone interested in trades. I got pics if my collection hosted. So you can see what's there and request it be sent. PM me for pics of my current inventory.

As well prefer the person do the same so I can see what you got. ;) Eventually we will know whats out there and request that way. Till then the pic of inventory makes it easy.

Last edited:
I love it!!!

Can we update uniforms through out the season. I am a little OCD.....have issues maintaining the same get up on my driver. ;) however I can commit to a driver helmet and suit by race start if requested.

Red, white, and Blue be colors. So maybe I stay with in color it won't matter. Wait. I have to win for anyone to see it. Hahaha I could go pink and you guys may never know. Now you need to let me win to see if I did indeed go pink. Hahahahajaha

hahaha!! Yes, as soon as you change outfit, just post the pic in the thread and I'll update. Tekes less than a minute. But you don't NEED to change outfit 2-3 times a week. ;)

Denilson
hahaha!! Yes, as soon as you change outfit, just post the pic in the thread and I'll update. Tekes less than a minute. But you don't NEED to change outfit 2-3 times a week. ;)

Hahahahahha k I be sure to limit changing once a week at most. ;)

Sorry tony's fastest was actually a 54.2 ^^

How are we organising threads this season? Are we doing it the same way as last season and making a new thread per round, or are we going to have a main thread and a smaller thread per round created each week? Because if we are doing it the same way as last season, them driver profiles are going to take up a hell of a lot of room.

my guy.

oqlNtkck0vToH1PtCY_0.jpg

i would like a ENGLAND flag (red and white) please

PLUS i will prob use the lexus

Also is it only in the speical event thingys we can with suits etc?

EDIT 2 = Nah forget the flag il use the Great Brit flag il represent ALL hehe (girlfriend told me off as her dad is scotish)

Last edited:
Threads will be:
1 main thread during the entire seadon. With a link in the OP to each ronds thread. Discussions will be kept to the main thread. In the round specific thread, all quali-times, and final results will be posted, but no discussions.

Pagi: I'll arrange the flag and everything. 👍
Thin you need to put up your pic again. I can only seea white area with a red cross in the middle.. Not a good sign.. :lol:

Ok, so a brittish flag? It's you who drive the car.. Don't let your girl get to you.. :lol:

Last edited:
How can I make a picture of my driver in that pose?

Sorry, I almost never use photomode.:dunce:

How can I make a picture of my driver in that pose?

Sorry, I almost never use photomode.:dunce:

When in GTLIFE, klick your profile pic. Your driver will show up. In the bottom, you have the opportunity to change outfits and taka photos. The photos will automaticly take 9 different poses, use the one you think looks best. 👍

Then go to your photo icon on the main page, and export the photo to your XMB (XMB=the transparent menu when you press the "PS" button on your controller). Put in a USB stick were the controllers usually go in, and export your photo th it, Then just load it to your computer and post here. 👍

Or, if it's to complicated or you don't posses a USB stick, just tell me waht your friver is wearing and I'll dress my driver that way and take the photos my self. 👍

When in GTLIFE, klick your profile pic. Your driver will show up. In the bottom, you have the opportunity to change outfits and taka photos. The photos will automaticly take 9 different poses, use the one you think looks best. 👍

Then go to your photo icon on the main page, and export the photo to your XMB (XMB=the transparent menu when you press the "PS" button on your controller). Put in a USB stick were the controllers usually go in, and export your photo th it, Then just load it to your computer and post here. 👍

Or, if it's to complicated or you don't posses a USB stick, just tell me waht your friver is wearing and I'll dress my driver that way and take the photos my self. 👍

There's another way to do it, which is the one I use most often. After you take the photo on GT5, find the photo in your album and hit share with friends. That'll put it online on http://www.gran-turismo.com/. Once it's there you can log into your GT home and view the photo online. Once you're viewing it, click save photo and just save it somewhere on your computer. Once that's done just go to Photobucket, Imageshack, Flickr, or whichever image uploader you prefer and upload the image from your computer. Done and done.

Otsdarva
There's another way to do it, which is the one I use most often. After you take the photo on GT5, find the photo in your album and hit share with friends. That'll put it online on http://www.gran-turismo.com/. Once it's there you can log into your GT home and view the photo online. Once you're viewing it, click save photo and just save it somewhere on your computer. Once that's done just go to Photobucket, Imageshack, Flickr, or whichever image uploader you prefer and upload the image from your computer. Done and done.

Good post. Fwiw this all can be done via a smart phone!!!!

No, I got all cars on picture. 👍

Soemone up fpr a few short races?

Denilson
No, I got all cars on picture. 👍

Soemone up fpr a few short races?

Can we do a pic of our car? Or you looking for a uniformed look here. IMO uniformed be best for car. Allow driver to dress Racer Ken how he pleases using tue standard pose.

I got a kind of uniformed theme on my carpics, so no need for that.

And the driver: Dress him the way you want him to look in any pose you want. 👍

If it's any pose and not the one you sampled with then I already have one ready. If it's the sampled one then I'll have to re-take it.

5821385444_0f8dd21943.jpg

MH4wheels profile:

MH4wheel-1.jpg
120px-Flag_of_the_United_States_svg-1.png

wsgtc025-1.jpg

Driver: MH4wheel
WSGTC seasons: 1
Class / Car Season 2: GT500 / Lexus ENEOS SC430
Class / Car Season 1: -
WSGTC 1 overall: -
WSGTC 1 wins: -
WSGTC 1 podiums: -
Pole positions: -
Fastest laps: -

Since you did not participate in more than 5 races last year, or did end up on the podium at least 3 times, I'll not put up any info from last season, and it will not show in your profile.
I also know that you'll race in GT300's this season, and that you'll not drive the lexus. This is just a rough skiss until everything regarding car choices are final. 👍

Last edited:
Denilson, would it be okay to switch from GT300 to GT500? I'm not confirming it yet, but I am thinking about it.

Also, i'm getting my profile pic right now. I'll edit it in a minute.

MÜLE_9242;5430545
Denilson, would it be okay to switch from GT300 to GT500? I'm not confirming it yet, but I am thinking about it.

Also, i'm getting my profile pic right now. I'll edit it in a minute.

Yes, you can change class. 👍
We are trying to get the number of drivers in each class to be the same, and it wont help us if you change class. GT300's are a few short of GT500's. But most important is that you're happy with the class and car you participate in, in order to stay commited. So ofc you can change if you want to. 👍

Just let me know when you have decided.

Okay. I have the Yellowhat GT-R, the Raybrig NSX and, I'm looking at the Castrol Supra, so I'll let you know as soon as I know.

And here's my pic. Subject to change, as I'm talking to Owens about something...

hvvnzwqqlrqosxejyp0.jpg

Last edited:
Same kind of blank picture as Pagi posted.

Ok, can see it now. 👍

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back