World Super GT Championship | Pre-season, sign-ups thread

• Thread starter Denilson
  • 1,097 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna feed me and the boys then be ready to test and tune. Be on with in an hour.

Can I add someone who is going to participate? I have NAT type 3, so I can't type in room numbers.

Add GTP_Aderrrm if you like. :)

By the way it is recommended you try get NAT type 1 (or even NAT type 2) so that it causes less lag in the room. It will depend on your internet connection and bandwidth, but some people suffer more than others with NAT type 3. I have big problems with NAT type 3 which is why I stick an ethernet cable in the back of my PS3 coming from my modem to get NAT type 1 when I race online. 👍

Add GTP_Aderrrm if you like. :)

By the way it is recommended you try get NAT type 1 (or even NAT type 2) so that it causes less lag in the room. It will depend on your internet connection and bandwidth, but some people suffer more than others with NAT type 3. I have big problems with NAT type 3 which is why I stick an ethernet cable in the back of my PS3 coming from my modem to get NAT type 1 when I race online. 👍
I'm sorry but I can't. I don't suffer from lag often, so I don't think that's much of a problem.

Finally free'd up. Be right there

Officially will not be racing a NSX. To get the car to drive for me. I end up with it to loose on exit. Meh. FR be just fine.

Last edited:
What about Le Mans. Do we take the pit lane to the Dunlop chicane or the one that puts you in the middle of turn 1?

Edit: Sorry, I was reading two pages back.:lol:
Anyways, on the way out of the pits at Le Mans there is two exits. Which one do we take?

Check out my stream in my sig for an awesome surprise guys 👍 So proud :D

Denilson. There obviously a sign from the race gods. Please reserve the Toms Castrol Supra for me.

Getting a win is very good for moral! Stayed clean and ran consistent. Came out with a W in the Suzuka race.

Missed my set up on Tuskuba. Actually had it nailed last night and thought I'd change it.

Monza. Tried the ARTA NSX. Not for me! Wish. Cause I like the NSX's.

Had to leave just before race 2 because my dad decided it would be a good time to bring the dog for a walk.:banghead:
And had to leave during race 3 cause it was getting late.:banghead:

Joshua1994
Did anyone use the Yellowhat Supra?

Nope. Was wondering why too. I should of tried it. Might do so next week.

That and the Toms Lexus.

Nope. Was wondering why too. I should of tried it. Might do so next week.

That and the Toms Lexus.

Ah cool stuff, well im dibbing it before anyone else does! :dopey:

And nobody used the Petronas? Weird, would of thought it would of been! Noticed Paginas using the Deniblabla cant remember what its properly called on Wardez's stream hahaha

Oh yeah, Wardez, what was going on on lap 3 I think. You were coming up to overtake me after your spin and you just went straight through me.:odd:

Some thoughts about gt300: Firstly, awesome work aderrrm, the class is close in performance now, something we couldn't have had without your work 👍

I think the impreza definitely is a bit quick though. At monza, (I know, not a great test, but hey) the RX7 and IS350 did 1:53.9xx within 2 laps, while the impreza did 1:52.9xx - It is quite a bit quicker on acceleration I think. If you reduce it to 342hp, I started to see similar laptimes to the rx7/is350. Maybe some testing could be done on twistier circuits? Certainly at high speed circuits, currently the impreza has a big advantage.

Thank you all who participated! 👍

It was'nt the best of racing... New cars, new drivers etc. But this first session aimed to test the cars. We got a good result from both classes. GT300's need to tweak the Subaru CUSCO DUNLOP IMPREZA a bit I guess. And as far as GT500 goes, the level appears to be spot on. I tested the TAKATA DOME NSX for all 3 circuits to see how it did. This was the main reason for the 3 different tracks. Twisty, High speed and teqnical. The NSX was fast at Monza. Paginas in his lexus stayed close in my slip. But I was lucky to shake him off during some GT300 overtakes. At Tsukuba, I was struggeling a bit more.. Part from a few unforced errors, the car felt ok. But I could not keep up with the XANAVI Z's and the Lexus DENSO DUNLOP SARD SC430. And at Suzuka, things looked quite close. I made a few errors here (sorry tony).. The NSX is a tad tricky to drive. But if you get it right, it's going to be a strong car this season.

So with the results in hand, a perfect first test. We did also practice the formationlap. And not a single problem as far as I know. We did not have a grid, but just sorted ourselves from the grid slot we ended up in by the AI. 👍

Something that we need to work on is how to handle traffic from another class. I noticed big differences lapping drivers who raced here during season 1 compared to some of the new guys. But hey, no problem. This is one of the reasons we do this pre-season. 👍

Next week, I'll try the YELLOWHAT SUPRA.

And by the looks of it, we will get a diverse grid in GT500's.
I sis see some XANAVI Z's, CASTROL TOM'S SUPRA, GT-R's, Lexus's, and a few NSX's. Could not have wished for a better outcome.

And thank you soooo much Owens for the great helmets and suits. At the moment, my driver got a black suit with a sweedish style helmet. Looks great! 👍 Thank you so much once again. :bowdown:

I will also already at this point say that I'll be comming home late next Friday (due to my football (soccer), have a game, but kind of a derby. Only 1,5 hours from here.), so it would be great if we could find a host. I'll make it to race 2 and 3 I guess, but won't be able to host for obvious reasons.
OwensRacing?
Wardez?

I'd also love to get feedback from all of you who tested cars to day, and what you guys think of them. 👍

GT500's got some competition!

Welcome:
Template.jpg
bluesix (Remy_K) :cheers:

Yea great test session last night.

I love the Lexus DENSO DUNLP SARD SC430 its just soo smooth and its very forgiving unlike the NSX and even GTR.

I feel the turbo does wear the rear tyres a bit more than non turbo cars but thats just somthing you have to live with and sort out while racing.

I think next week i will test the castro tom supra (if i got a legal 1) and maybe the nsx BUT i dont think i will be any good with it lol

Pre-season race 1 was last night, gn. There was a typo in the OP, it should have said June 10th. No worries, there's another race next Friday (we always race on a Friday).

Kamy, I did a 54.8 at Tsukuba and I can't remember if it was with draft. And IIRC, Tony's best was a 54.5 and Mole's was a 54.9.

--

About last night's races. Formation laps are done at 55 mph, exactly. It's not an average between 10 mph and 100 mph. Weaving is not allowed in order to heat up your tyres. A gap from gt300 to gt500 should be reasonable (about 10 seconds)? and should be generated at the start of the formation lap, not at the end. This mean's you don't have to slow down below 55 mph to create the gap on the last few corners where ideally you want to be concentrating on getting a clean rolling start. 👍

I didn't really have any good races last night. I got hit twice at Monza, then when I had a decent chance at keeping up with Mole and tony at Tsukuba, crazy boy mechyman27 hits me.

Btw GT500s, it may be different for other GT300 drivers (which is evident in some of the races in WSGTC 1) but I will always slow down and pull over to let you by when you're coming up to overtake me. I've noticed over the past couple of races where I've moved over, and gt500 drivers hesitate to go by me, even though the racing line is clear. Please just put your foot down and have the confidence to overtake me then it won't slow me or you down. Otherwise I might as well have just stuck to my racing line and held you up :indiff: (for example there's no way you could get by me round the first 6 or 7 corners at Suzuka off-racing line). Cheers. :D

--

Thanks for your feedback Mole. :) I'll be doing a few runs with each car at Monza, then I'll do another test of results at Suzuka I think seeing as that seems to be a good training ground.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back