World Super GT Championship | Pre-season, sign-ups thread

• Thread starter Denilson
  • 1,097 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
im from the usa, lol ya im hurrien to get a good setup on my car:boggled: i bet compititions gna be tough but thats a good thing:tup:

Most important during pre-season is to try out the different cars and get to know the edrivers. Practice all the procedures and so on. 👍

Yaaaaay!!! :D I've got a ton of tuning to do later tonight, I'll post up if anyone wants to join me :)

The maximum power with stage 3 engine tuning on the Takata Dome NSX is 545 BHP. So do you have to use the limiter to get to 540 BHP?

Updated drivers list.
* = I'm pretty sure the driver is commited.
* = I'm a bit insecure if the driver will stay commited.
* = I'm pretty sure the driver won't show up.

GT500

1. Sweeden.jpg
    chorda (Denilson) - car *
  2. UnitedKingdom.jpg
    Paginas (Paginas1) - car *
  3. Italy.jpg
    nycrom (nycrom1971) - car *
  4. UnitedKingdom.jpg
    C-Falcon89 (CaptainFalcon89) - car *
  5. USA.jpg
    OwensRacing (OwensRacing) - car *
  6. USA.jpg
    Wardez (Wardez - car *
  7. DK.jpg
    GTP_monoha (monoha) - car *
  8. Template.jpg
    JPzer (JPzer) - car *
  9. UnitedKingdom.jpg
    Joshua1994 (Joshua1994) - car *
  10. SouthAfrica.jpg
    UAE_ReDLiNe (UAE_ReDLiNe) - car *
  11. SouthAfrica.jpg
    TKNiNJ (TKNiNJ) - car *
  12. Netherlands.jpg
    GTP_w-g-e (w-g-e) - car *
  13. USA.jpg
    redreevos (redreevos) - car *
  14. USA.jpg
    GTP_SOHNVONSTIG (SohnVonStig) - car *
  15. Portugal.jpg
    Goruk77 (Goruk77) - car *
  16. USA.jpg
    MajkTom (MajikTom) - car *
  17. USA.jpg
    Jav122678 (Jav) - car *
  18. USA.jpg
    REDLINED_22 (Henry 22) - car *
  19. USA.jpg
    Jaminix (gnsnprwldwsl) - car *

GT300
  1. USA.jpg
    GTP_Masicampo (Masi_23) - car *
  2. UnitedKingdom.jpg
    Moleman (Andil) - car *
  3. Portugal.jpg
    KamyKaze1098 (KamyKaze1098) - car *
  4. DK.jpg
    GTP_Senninha2 (competizione) - car *
  5. Philippines.jpg
    GTP_Pinoy (doctsuru_69) - car *
  6. UnitedKingdom.jpg
    Scanny_Flick (Scanny_Flick) - car *
  7. 120px-Flag_of_New_Zealand_svg-1.png
    Neomone (Imari) - car *
  8. UnitedKingdom.jpg
    GTP_Aderrrm (Aderrrm) - car *
  9. USA.jpg
    Shrugging_Atlas (Ultrap13) - car *
  10. USA.jpg
    SteelToedSloth (SteelToedSloth) - car *
  11. USA.jpg
    maximus254 (Genko_Max) - car *
  12. UnitedKingdom.jpg
    HortusIX (HortusIX) - car *
  13. Scotland.jpg
    jimmy281090 (D-Max) - car *
  14. USA.jpg
    mechyboy27 (mechyboy27) - car *
  15. Template.jpg
    MULE_9242 (MULE_9242) - car *
  16. Ireland.jpg
    GTP_akmuq (akmuq) - car *
  17. Greece.jpg
    tony1311 (Piket) - car *
  18. USA.jpg
    M4Hwheel (otsdarva) - car *

If you got a color you do not think is correct, please notify me. 👍
I want to get a good idea about how many drivers I can count on when the season kicks off.

If I'm correct, we got 9 commited GT500's, and 10 commited GT300's at the moment. Best case scenario would be 16 cars/class. With a few drivers who wont compete each race due to IRL commiments, 16 a class is a solid number (As long as all stay commited).

Last edited:
GTP: gnsnprwldwsl
PSN: Jaminix
Class: GT500
Car: Arta NSX

I'm still a maybe right now, reading through all the procedures.

Are you guys running 3 back to back races tomorrow?

The maximum power with stage 3 engine tuning on the Takata Dome NSX is 545 BHP. So do you have to use the limiter to get to 540 BHP?

When powerlimited at:

Honda RAYBRING NSX (Honda TAKATA DOME NSX, Honda ARTA NSX)
Engine stage 3
1100 kg
540 bhp
610 pp
PL: -
* bhp is not exactly the same for all NSX's. Make sure to stay at 610 pp when aero is maxed out and everything will be fine.

Not all NSX's are identical. Make sure to stay at 610 pp. What the exact bhp number will be for each model is comming up during pre-season. 👍 But no higher than 610 pp with aero maxed out. It's perfectly fine to reduce aero, but you can not make any changes to the engine to gain the lost pp due to lower aero settings. Everything clear? 👍

When powerlimited at:

Honda RAYBRING NSX (Honda TAKATA DOME NSX, Honda ARTA NSX)
Engine stage 3
1100 kg
540 bhp
610 pp
PL: -
* bhp is not exactly the same for all NSX's. Make sure to stay at 610 pp when aero is maxed out and everything will be fine.

Not all NSX's are identical. Make sure to stay at 610 pp. What the exact bhp number will be for each model is comming up during pre-season. 👍 But no higher than 610 pp with aero maxed out. It's perfectly fine to reduce aero, but you can not make any changes to the engine to gain the lost pp due to lower aero settings. Everything clear? 👍
Yeah, perfectly clear.👍

GTP: gnsnprwldwsl
PSN: Jaminix
Class: GT500
Car: Arta NSX

I'm still a maybe right now, reading through all the procedures.

Are you guys running 3 back to back races tomorrow?

WOW, this thread TOOK OFF!!!

Yes, we are doing 3 different tracks tomorrow. Mainly to compare the suggested mods. Some cars will have an advantage on a certain type of circuit, and some on others. Just need to get confirmation it will be as equal as possible. 👍

I'll sign you up on the drivers list in post 5. 👍

I have dropped the Autobacs ARTA Garaiya from my testing as it's a very oversteery car.👎 I'm terrible with it. I like the yellow RX-7 and will probably enjoy the other two cars a well so who knows?

Im still thinking about whether to use the IS350 or the Impreza for GT300. Tempted by the impreza but I have no clue how to set up a 4wd car. Any tips maybe?

Im still thinking about whether to use the IS350 or the Impreza for GT300. Tempted by the impreza but I have no clue how to set up a 4wd car. Any tips maybe?

or use the standard impreza its rear wheel (i was thinkin of joinin gt300 and using it hehe)

The only tip I can give you is to move the tourqe distribution to the back. In this way, it's more like a rwd, but with the upsides of a 4wd (comming out of corners / early throttle)

btw: gnsnprwldwsl.. Took me about 1 hour to get your GTP-usename right.. :lol:

No! You don't have to be.. I was just saying I had to look at your username like 10 times to get it right due to the (What seems to be) randomly assigned latters.. That's all.. :)

But as soon as you know if you can make the races, let me know. 👍

As far as I understand, some of you did some testing.. Any interesting results?

Btw Owen: Did you get my PM?

Responded Denilson!

;) looking forward to tomorrows races.

Was tracks mentioned?

ya me2 can't wait to go racin.👍 Just a quick question, will we be in the rain tomorrow at suzuka? i wold rather have a dry run there but thats just me

Responded Denilson!

;) looking forward to tomorrows races.

Was tracks mentioned?

ya me2 can't wait to go racin.👍 Just a quick question, will we be in the rain tomorrow at suzuka? i wold rather have a dry run there but thats just me

This is the pre-season schedule. 👍
No rain. We want to have stable weather as long as the level of mods are not 100% final. During the season, all tracks were weather is an option, we will use it.

Pre-season schedule:
Pre-season race 1.
Monza, Tsukuba, Suzuka. (Distance: 70 km/race, mixed class theme)
June 11th.
CT: 19.30 PM (GMT), 21.30 PM (CET), 15.30 PM (EST).
GF: 20.00 PM (GMT), 22.00 PM (CET), 16.00 PM (EST).
We will race 3 shorter races at 3 totally different tracks. This is to get an idea of the different cars strong and weak sides. For best comparison, try one car for all races. During the free-run-modes in between, it's perfectly fine to try as many cars as you want.

Pre-season race 2.
Fuji, Monaco, Indianapolis road. (Distance: 70 km/racemixed class theme)
June 17th
Same concept as the previous test, but this time, we use formation laps and all rules will apply as under the season. This is to let any of the new guys to get to practice all procedures to straighten everuthing out before the final, full leanght pre-season race. And before one of the races, I'll start up a quali-session between two of thwe test races to show all of the new guys how the quali is done. Quali results will not be used in any of the races during this session, but I want as many of you as possible to see how the procedures work. We will start all races with a formation lap.

Pre-season race 3.
La Sarthe. (Distance: 175 km, mixed class theme)
June 24th
Before this race, we will perform quali during the week. Quali will open up Monday 20th, and deadline is (Friday) 02.00 AM (CET), 01.00 AM (BST), (Thursday) 20.00 PM (EST).
This pre-season race aim to simulate all procedures as during a normal race week. However, quali on the longer circuits (La Sarthe and Nurburgring 24h does not concist of 2 flying laps, instead, the "race" (quali) will be set to 1 lap, and the time from second sector to the finishline is your official quali time. And as always on the longer circuits, you get only one lap to set your time.

After these 3 pre-season races, my hopes are that as many new guys as possible have participated and got to know all rules, regulations and procedures. As you can see, I started out pre-season 1 as a test for the cars, pre-season 2 will be with formation laps, and a quali session test (the 2 flying laps model). Pre-season 3 will be run on a track were we use the other quali method, 1 lap, starting from sector 2 (La Sarthe) and 4 (Nurburgring 24 h to the finishline. Quali session opening up on Monday 20th. And after this race, we have tryed all different quali methods, tryed doing the formation laps, and most important, learnt how to deal with cars from another class on track. The same class races is not important to test since all of us knows pretty much how they work. ;)

I took the liberty to add you in the GT500 class. The most important is to try out some cars, get to know the gang, get a grip of procedures, rules etc. (I know that you've already participated once, but the more, the better. 👍)

Thank you Chorda. I will see you guys tomorrow. I have 2 cars that are broken in.. The Arta and the Xanavi Z. I am leaning toward the Z, but I have no tune on it as of know.

Don't forget Redreevos. He's soon to be promoted to D1 in WRS and on his way to more.:scared:

Mighty kind words from someone who was more than a second clear of the entire WRS field in week 12. I am excited to get to race with you in a non-time trial event. Hopefully I will get to learn some lines from all the times I will be looking at your rear bumper(If I am fast enough to even see it :) )

Thank you Chorda. I will see you guys tomorrow. I have 2 cars that are broken in.. The Arta and the Xanavi Z. I am leaning toward the Z, but I have no tune on it as of know.

I'd be more than happy if you could compare them in a post here. I did the testing to get the cars equal. But since I'm far from beeing a "The Stig" caracter, I'd like some input about how the cars feel, if some model lacks or got to much power, ofc in relation to it's corner abilitys. Thank you. 👍

NOTE: Even if we do race scheduled races for 3 straight Fridays, don't hasitate to post here if you're going to do some testing at any time. I always look here if anyone is doing any test-sessions before starting one myself. To post for a small, casual race within the group to try ut some cars is a great tool to get to know eachothers driving styles, get to know the cars etc. 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back