~WrxScooby's Subies~ NEW Subaru Ascent

• Thread starter WrxScooby
  • 329 comments
Green keep it green. Works in your car.

If that's the case, by all means, keep it! I was/am considering making the green lights orange and leaving the needle... But I really need to focus on brightness to make visibility of RPMs etc. easier during the day. I need more contrast.

If that's the case, by all means, keep it! I was/am considering making the green lights orange and leaving the needle... But I really need to focus on brightness to make visibility of RPMs etc. easier during the day. I need more contrast.
Well if you wanted to see a color I could setup a scheme you are considering. Ill try a couple different ones.

Yeah I can change them to quite a few different colors so okay sounds good just all orange?

Yeah, I'd love to see it. I'm considering it on my own car... How did you do yours?

Did you sand off the green film on the back of the gauges or...?

Yeah, I'd love to see it. I'm considering it on my own car... How did you do yours?

Did you sand off the green film on the back of the gauges or...?

Sorry I think you misunderstood me, I can change the gauges color on my clock pod (3 Boost, Oil Pressure, Fuel Pressure) and not the factory gauge cluster behind the steering wheel.

I CAN change:
Decks buttons on the left
Decks touch buttons on screen
Decks background
Each Gauges individual color

Ahhh, I was going to ask how you got the gauges to change colour :lol:

I'm really mainly only fussed with RPM, temps and speed - the car runs pretty well regardless of how hard I push it, because it's not very fussy without the turbo.

I like having the info available just so I would know immediately if anything ever WAS to happen. Plus they look sweet :P

Well Im gonna go take these before it gets to cold out side.

I like having the info available just so I would know immediately if anything ever WAS to happen. Plus they look sweet :P

Well Im gonna go take these before it gets to cold out side.

No need, I completely misunderstood what you were saying - feel free to stay inside and stay warm.

I think I'd mount up extra gauges in a different location. I like that clock. :lol:

Pretty hard to get the proper exposure and I didnt have much time to play around its pretty cold.

Orange:

Bombed

Quite like the Red

Green is solid.

Ahhh, well, at least you didn't do all of that for me.

I don't know how you're going to choose, outside of just keeping everything going with that green - because it matches the dash..

Excellent interior shots! Red and Green look the best IMO. Crazy how much different the STI interior looks compared to my WRX. Are you able to change the color of your interior lights with the push of a button? Or do you have to swap bulbs?

Last edited:
Excellent interior shots! Red and Green look the best IMO. Crazy how much different the STI interior looks compared to my WRX. Are you able to change the color of your interior lights with the push of a button? Or do you have to swap bulbs?

Thanks!

I can change the gauges color on my clock pod just buy pressing the button right on the gauge(3 Boost, Oil Pressure, Fuel Pressure). The deck takes a little more work as I have to make a image for every color I might want, plus the deck only has the ability to store one photo at a time so when I want to change backgrounds I need to do a few steps to change it.

As for the actually interior over the head lights in the cabin, I would have to change out the bulbs for a different color. My current is just the stock light bulb, the gauges combined with everything else does make the inside glow whatever color it's set to though haha.

What I can change the colors of:
Decks Physical buttons on the left
Decks touch buttons on screen (inside edge/text color)
Decks background (Anything I want just got to photoshop it)
Each Gauges individual color (7 Led colors)

And just because it happened a little bit ago
D189B796-3CDB-47C0-8926-738EB65410F7_zpsmzgzqjdc.jpg

Last edited:
@WrxScooby Whoa you cant just tease us with a pic of the new Skyline and not tell us the story. Friend? Family member? Random person admiring your STI? :sly:
On a side note I was at the dealership a month ago and they had 2 black Skylines in the showroom. So beautiful. :drool:

@WrxScooby Whoa you cant just tease us with a pic of the new Skyline and not tell us the story. Friend? Family member? Random person admiring your STI? :sly:
On a side note I was at the dealership a month ago and they had 2 black Skylines in the showroom. So beautiful. :drool:

Yeah he is a co worker who bounces around between a couple of our buildings and I saw a spot next to him so I jumped in. (I know he won't door me haha) he really loves that car he saved up for like 8 years and drove around a pos 88 mini van of some sort to buy that GTR. Bought it cash like a boss. Once I get my photography skills together I'm gonna ask him if I can do a full shoot. I'm just not confident in my skills yet.

Yeah he is a co worker who bounces around between a couple of our buildings and I saw a spot next to him so I jumped in. (I know he won't door me haha) he really loves that car he saved up for like 8 years and drove around a pos 88 mini van of some sort to buy that GTR. Bought it cash like a boss. Once I get my photography skills together I'm gonna ask him if I can do a full shoot. I'm just not confident in my skills yet.
That's an awesome story. I love those Skylines so much.

Another question for you. Seeing the exterior of your car I thought it was the WRX. But the interior looks like STI. Then you mentioned in another thread you have the 5 speed WRX. Your heater gauges are also different than mine. So I am confused. Is this a WRX or STI?

:lol: except that it's not a Skyline. I almost got punched after "devaluing" someone's GT-R.

@CAMAROBOY69, the STi wagon was only available in Japan/Asia/Europe (as far as I know) the North American versions never had the STi trim level.

That's an awesome story. I love those Skylines so much.

Another question for you. Seeing the exterior of your car I thought it was the WRX. But the interior looks like STI. Then you mentioned in another thread you have the 5 speed WRX. Your heater gauges are also different than mine. So I am confused. Is this a WRX or STI?

It is not a STi, its a WRX Wagon. The build Im doing will pretty much replicate a STi as for power, performance, and some exterior/interior features. The interior is a 2005 WRX, when the 2005 came out they changed the interior layout a bit. Got rid of the vertical cup holder by the AC vent and moved it down by the E brake (added a 2nd one so I get 2 cup holders), removed the little cubby area at the base of the dash, different dials, and different Momo steering wheel.

ff7426b7ccc566e6dd0bb50b11c0ca90x.jpg

951c8faf94b8ed8c2c173b6c0a7efa17x.jpg

@ITCC_Andrew Oh dang I thought it was a Skyline especially being AWD. So its only classified as a Nissan GT-R not Nissan Skyline GT-R? Didn't know that.

@WrxScooby Hmm that's even more strange because our 2005 RS has the same heater controls and almost everything else as my 04 WRX. Yet looks different than the 05 WRX you posted.
EDIT: Okay yes the 05 RS and the 05 WRX do indeed have different heater controls.

Our 2005 RS. (The 05 WRX does indeed have different interior heater controls than the RS)
17.jpg

There are quite a few things about the interior I like with the 05 over the 04. The heater controls, cup holders, the console, and the console arm rest. I cant stand the console arm rest in my 04 WRX.

Last edited:
My 2.5RS has the same interior as shown in the picture directly above - including transmission. :guilty: Swapping it out soon, when I'm done college.

removed the little cubby area at the base of the dash,.

No they didn't. It's accessible by pushing the cover at the top.

My 2.5RS has the same interior as shown in the picture directly above - including transmission. :guilty: Swapping it out soon, when I'm done college.

No they didn't. It's accessible by pushing the cover at the top.
That's more of a change holder and lighter. Not nearly as much space compared to the cave the 04 has. I'm talking about the space below the heater dials.

It is news to me that the WRX and RS have different interiors. From what it looks like they don't have a factory WRX double din deck either.

It is news to me that the WRX and RS have different interiors. From what it looks like they don't have a factory WRX double din deck either.
That's where we've retained a majority of our storage space. :P You're missing out, I can put my sunglasses in where you've got a huge screen.

That's where we've retained a majority of our storage space. :P You're missing out, I can put my sunglasses in where you've got a huge screen.
That square hole under the radio is exactly where I put my sunglasses. :lol:

Overall I prefer everything about the 05 interior. They made a lot of subtle improvements that make a big difference.

Last edited:
Sooooo much love for the 2.5RS interior. One of the main reasons I want to make a 2.5RS shell into an STi. I might as well..... :)

Back