WSCC 1° Super GT300 & GT500 - ***COMPLETED***

• Thread starter gippone
  • 217 comments
GT500 - XANAVI NISMO GT-R '03
GT300 - SUPERAUTOBACS APEX MR-S '00

When is the next practice??

do you mean the Xanavi Nismo GT-R '08??

about the practise I think on thursday I will open the room hours before the race to let people do some training. If you want to have practise before try your own online room, just remember to set the room quality to Normal and chat to Low :)

Thank you!! :)

Ha, I don't mean to be 'that' guy but the 'DENSO SARD SUPRA GT '00' also missing...
Looking forward to Thursday! :)

By the way, will many people be using wheels?

Thank you!! :)

Ha, I don't mean to be 'that' guy but the 'DENSO SARD SUPRA GT '00' also missing...
Looking forward to Thursday! :)

By the way, will many people be using wheels?

That is not such a big problem. The other (older) Supra is much faster

@boshuter
@Badger-X-
@Zentex
@TheGranVette
@Joao71
@teeds
@ultrap13
@roberte
@Malc01
@cobrius
@LMSCorvetteGT2

just to remember you to state the car you'll be using in the GT300 and in the GT500 :)

thanks guys

Last edited:
I must admit I was not 100% clean today in the GT500.
Sorry Sientex and Allascato, for the contacts we had. I was really struggling with that car. I'll have to work on its setup.

No problem Turbo :)
When we fight so close might happen.

Bye.

@boshuter
@Badger-X-
@Zentex
@TheGranVette
@Joao7
@teeds
@ultrap13
@roberte
@Malc01
@cobrius
@LMSCorvetteGT2

just to remember you to state the car you'll be using in the GT300 and in the GT500 :)

thanks guys

I think You forgot me on the list. For the GT300 it will be the RE Amemiya '06 (the premium one). For GT500, I will do some more testing this night.

I'll go with the Toyota Wedsport Celica '03 for the GT300. I can run almost identical times with the '06 Asparadrink RX7, but the Celica seems to be much more forgiving, especially on worn tires. :nervous: It was really hard to pick a GT500 car, but I've decided on the Toyota Yellowhat YMS Supra '05.

GT300: Toyota Wedsport Celica '03
GT500: Toyota Yellowhat YMS Supra '05

GT500 - TAKATA DOME NSX '03

BTW the only non-japanese GT500 car is missing from the list...Lamborghini NOMAD Diablo GT-1 '00 ... I don't want to use it but it could be a cool addition to the starting grid if someone picked it

GT500 - TAKATA DOME NSX '03

BTW the only non-japanese GT500 car is missing from the list...Lamborghini NOMAD Diablo GT-1 '00 ... I don't want to use it but it could be a cool addition to the starting grid if someone picked it

I think that the Lamborghini NOMAD Diablo GT-1 '00 has way too much torque in comparison... I will leave the cars like that for this champ... maybe in the next we will see ;)

@Zentex
@TheGranVette
@Joao71
@teeds
@roberte
@Malc01
@cobrius
@LMSCorvetteGT2

still missing car choice ;)

Last edited:
Didn't have any time to test (worked yesterday evening on the updates of all pages.
For GT500, I'll take the Castrol Supra

I think that the Lamborghini NOMAD Diablo GT-1 '00 has way too much torque in comparison... I will leave the cars like that for this champ... maybe in the next we will see ;)
Actually the NISMO Z '06 has even more torque. I tested the NOMAD and it's no faster than the others @ 502/510 HP. Like I said I would not be using it anyway, just thought it would be cool to have an Italian V12 on the grid.

I WILL USE
Autobacs Arta Garaiya '08 for GT300
and Nissan Calsonic Impul GT-R '08 for GT500

I will be using the wedsport celica, and the 97 toms supra.
Unfortunately i have a night shift tomorrow so i wont be able to race.

Before we start the first race I would like to understand the penalty system for various infractions. The OP does not discuss it. How strictly will these infractions be penalized?

• Running off-track (chicane cutting, running wide) - 1 incident? Repeated incidents?
  • Avoidable accidents: Rear-ending? Blocking? Zigzaging? Corner right related accidents?
  • Re-entering track without regard to traffic
Some examples:
  1. Car A is too late on brakes, slams into car B from behind causing car A damage a sending it off track. What will be the penalty to car B? (typically 40s)
  2. A car blatantly cuts a chicane twice during the race. What will be the penalty? (typically 30s or more each incident)
  3. A car runs wide after the last chicane at Monza 6 times. What will be the penalty? (typically 5-20s each incident)
  4. A car misjudges a chicane once in a race and goes off track with all 4 wheels. Will there be a penalty for this? (typically a warning)
Both Monza and Suzuka have chicanes and runoff areas where some cutting/running wide will undoubtedly happen tomorrow. I think it would be beneficial to all drivers if we had a clear idea of what to expect in response to infractions going into the first race of the season.

Here we go again... :lol:
Well I wasn't going to bring it up but since you raised your hand with that very mature and enlightening comment...Just so everyone knows, boshuter tried to run a GT300 series outside GTP a while ago and did a poor job managing it...he didn't state any rules, allowed some drivers to get away with dirty driving including rear-ending and chicane cutting, had double standards for identical infractions and it spoiled the whole series for the rest of us clean drivers. By the end of the series some drivers were intentionally aiming to take me out, it was pathetic.

That's exactly what I want to avoid which is why I'm asking about the penalty system. Establishing it upfront helps a great deal as prevention. When it's advertised that a given infraction will incur a 30sec penalty and the rule is enforced, people just won't do it. This approach has worked really well in WSGTC, NASGTC and FIAGT1, all of which I participate in and continue to enjoy here on GTP.

The pre-season race went really well, can't wait for a fun&clean inaugural race 👍

Last edited:
In WSCC, until now, we did not have real problems with guys cutting deliberately chicanes. Out drivers normally expect the rules.

It can always happen that you miss a chicane. Rule is then that you slow down, in order not to win time by it and surely don't win positions by that. It happened to me on Le Mans. I broke late went through the sand and came on track in a position before the cars I was chasing. I gave them their positions back.

But it is clear: if we see that someone deliberately cuts systematically chicanes in order to gain time or places, he is out.

For car hit incidents: everybody makes errors, but what you can't to is to gain places by hitting other cars or bumping them of the road.

It is simple: if we see that someone is really dirty, he won't stay a longtime in our races.

It can always happen that you miss a chicane. Rule is then that you slow down, in order not to win time by it and surely don't win positions by that. It happened to me on Le Mans. I broke late went through the sand and came on track in a position before the cars I was chasing. I gave them their positions back.

But it is clear: if we see that someone deliberately cuts systematically chicanes in order to gain time or places, he is out.

For car hit incidents: everybody makes errors, but what you can't to is to gain places by hitting other cars or bumping them of the road.

It is simple: if we see that someone is really dirty, he won't stay a longtime in our races.

Thanks turbogeit, you addressed the key issues.

In WSCC, until now, we did not have real problems with guys cutting deliberately chicanes. Out drivers normally expect the rules.

I was going to say something similar but turbo preceded me 👍 (today is national holiday in Italy... But I'm working :crazy: because my company is in financial data business so is not holiday for me) :ouch:

Last edited:
Back