Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,073 comments
Update day 3

F1 2012 2.5 End of Life update

This update adds a new Schumacher 3D Helmet to replace kunos one I was using for the 3rd schumacher skin

It also adds Ferrari India skin with the navy flag, renamed S4 to Valencia so that people knows that this S4 skin is from Valencia with Valencia mirrors

And finally, all cars have realistic leds animation, each team had a preference, catheram and ferrari had green leds for kers, redbull had a red drs button in the middle of the steering wheel, lotus marussia and other teams used the first two green led to tell that you are in a drs zone, and last 3 green drs to show you activated drs. Each car has its own animation. Discover them all. Kudos to Warlol for gathering all information about LEDS animation of each teams

This also fix any DRS leds from original codemaster steering wheel that had no shader applied and was all black and very reflective.

Fixes :

- Fixed Ferrari cockpit that had a white part due to bad UV mapping, fixed alpha testing on steering wheel decals and having the wrong driver3D.ini

- Fixed Mclaren Hamilton Silverstone helmet showing button skin instead

- Fixed redbull cockpit overlapping with another car part

If you have black tyres in game, switch compound once to force Assetto to load the textures, and it should work correctly for every compound you chose.
One thing about the 2097 mod:

Weirdly, when in track, upon pressing ESC(only in Weekend, not in Race mode), the F1 2007 mod keeps CTD-ing when trying to go back to the pits. I have no idea why it does it in this mode and not in Race.

All your other mods are fine in either mode.

I always install fully manually.

I totally agree with you. And i Even know there a different types of encryption. Mods I even can‘t generate custom previews are for the Recycling Bin. Mods with „soft“encrypted kn5 are tatally ok for me, so i could editing the data.acd (for better BOP or other improvements to Race on Singleplayer)
RSS encrypt their models, but, if you purchase them, upon request, they allow designers to develop livery that they shows on their instagram accounts for promote their work. This is what i call being professional. They protect their work, but allow people who supports them to use their assets.

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong in grab stuff from others (like cars and tracks which basically almost 90% of the AC content is), but only if you do it in the right way (no encryption or paywall for things done by others).

I always shared my work for free and over the years i basically put my hands on almost everyone of the 600+ tracks i have in my HDD because almost all of them have small issue or things that can be improved ONLY BASED on my settings for my pc, settings in game and ppfilter i use, which is not meaning the work done by the author is bad, but means only that is not right for my own experience.

Why i always did for free? No idea, maybe because i'm idiot hahaha. Jokes apart, since all weekends i spend all my free times on configs and track cameras, like many others, i could have opened a Patreon but, until now, i never felt the need for it probably because i found a great place which is this community where i learnt a lot and where i saw my content being appreciated by others.

I will ever open a Patreon? Never say never said someone in the past. Maybe yes, maybe not, maybe is too late now. To be honest i don't know, maybe i could open it in order to allow people to request things when they need, but since i never thinked about it at the moment i have no idea on how i could structure it if i ever open it. The only thing i'm sure about is that, even i will ever open it, i will always keep releasing stuff for free since i'm grateful to this community for all the mods that they provided us and for the knowledge they shared with me too.

Oh yes, important thing that i forgot while writing this loooooooooong post: i will never ever encrypt anything (even i don't know if is possible with tracks and what its required to do it XD)

Last edited:
RSS encrypt their models, but, if you purchase them, upon request, they allow designers to develop livery that they shows on their instagram accounts for promote their work. This is what i call being professional. They protect their work, but allow people who supports them to use their assets.

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong in grab stuff from others (like cars and tracks which basically almost 90% of the AC content is), but only if you do it in the right way (no encryption or paywall for things done by others).

I always shared my work for free and over the years i basically put my hands on almost everyone of the 600+ tracks i have in my HDD because almost all of them have small issue or things that can be improved ONLY BASED on my settings for my pc, settings in game and ppfilter i use, which is not meaning the work done by the author is bad, but means only that is not right for my own experience.

Why i always did for free? No idea, maybe because i'm idiot hahaha. Jokes apart, since all weekends i spend all my free times on configs and track cameras, like many others, i could have opened a Patreon but, until now, i never felt the need for it probably because i found a great place which is this community where i learnt a lot and where i saw my content being appreciated by others.

I will ever open a Patreon? Never say never said someone in the past. Maybe yes, maybe not, maybe is too late now. To be honest i don't know, maybe i could open it in order to allow people to request things when they need, but since i never thinked about it at the moment i have no idea on how i could structure it if i ever open it. The only thing i'm sure about is that, even i will ever open it, i will always keep releasing stuff for free since i'm grateful to this community for all the mods that they provided us and for the knowledge they shared with me too.

Oh yes, important thing that i forgot while writing this loooooooooong post: i will never ever encrypt anything (even i don't know if is possible with tracks and what its required to do it XD)
Literally something I would say lmao.

Yeah free is for idiots like us, who just want it easy and found our place in a community whom is willing to help us anytime. Still, being grateful is something that fades away in 2024, less and less people know the meaning of that word

Encryption is fine for 100% handmade assets, but encryption in conversion mods is...... questionable (don't want any more warning points mods) since the base content can be found elsewhere..... But it's like noooo this car that I took somewhere and on which I changed texture is now MINE! Ridiculous stance

Patreon is kinda late, but some people take on a patreon midway to publish "beta version" of their works in patreon before the 1.0 release for free. This seems the most "honest" way to do a patreon nowadays.
One thing about the 2097 mod:

Weirdly, when in track, upon pressing ESC(only in Weekend, not in Race mode), the F1 2007 mod keeps CTD-ing when trying to go back to the pits. I have no idea why it does it in this mode and not in Race.

All your other mods are fine in either mode.

I always install fully manually.
1727204135938.png

What do you mean by CTD-ing?

Literally something I would say lmao.

Yeah free is for idiots like us, who just want it easy and found our place in a community whom is willing to help us anytime. Still, being grateful is something that fades away in 2024, less and less people know the meaning of that word

Encryption is fine for 100% handmade assets, but encryption in conversion mods is...... questionable (don't want any more warning points mods) since the base content can be found elsewhere..... But it's like noooo this car that I took somewhere and on which I changed texture is now MINE! Ridiculous stance

Patreon is kinda late, but some people take on a patreon midway to publish "beta version" of their works in patreon before the 1.0 release for free. This seems the most "honest" way to do a patreon nowadays.

View attachment 1391804

What do you mean by CTD-ing?
Oh I mean crashing to desktop. :)

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back