Gran Turismo 7 Custom Race thread

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 2,381 comments
Nordschleife aesthetics šŸ gotta love GT7 for really bringing these cars and liveries to life
1000034204.jpg
1000034214.jpg
1000034205.jpg
1000034202.jpg
1000034203.jpg
1000034218.jpg

Last edited:
Not to post off topic in the Car of the Week thread. I didnā€™t do the GT500 NSX Challenge as set up by @XSquareStickIt but I did do the 300km Grand Valley with Group A cars. Iā€™m surprised the complete race of 2:05:01 actually saved!
IMG_5233.jpeg

AI did the normal butt kicking pace for the first 32 laps. Was stuck behind the 7th place RS 500 for nearly an hour after it completed its pit stop. Would have been longer if the knucklehead programming made it stay behind the slow moving backmarker. Caught the leaders with about 15 laps to go, but I had to pit on Lap 50.

I made one spin less than ten minutes into the race and a second one mid-race. Also, a third and final spin with four laps to go. :rolleyes: The AI said, ā€œSee ya wouldnā€™t wanna be ya!ā€ and just poured on the pace even more. Too much fun with these cars.
IMG_5230.jpeg
IMG_5231.jpeg
IMG_5232.jpeg

An experimental custom race idea I have: Running race cars against each other based on PP, regardless of its actual group placement. And yes, this is supposed to have relation with race car classing discourse. All races are run for 5 laps with 6x tire wear and grid start (no fuel wear) and mostly stock cars.

The 800 PP class consists of Gr.3s, XJ13, 330 P4, Mark IV, 917K, regular R.S.01, AMG VGT RS, BMW VGT, and Alpine VGT Race.
Gran TurismoĀ® 7_20240918232803.png

The 700 PP class consists of Gr.4s, Gr.Bs, Cobra Daytona, 250 GTO, RA272, and A220.
Gran TurismoĀ® 7_20240918181536.png

An experimental custom race idea I have: Running race cars against each other based on PP, regardless of its actual group placement. And yes, this is supposed to have relation with race car classing discourse. All races are run for 5 laps with 6x tire wear and grid start (no fuel wear) and mostly stock cars.

The 800 PP class consists of Gr.3s, XJ13, 330 P4, Mark IV, 917K, regular R.S.01, AMG VGT RS, BMW VGT, and Alpine VGT Race.
View attachment 1390758

The 700 PP class consists of Gr.4s, Gr.Bs, Cobra Daytona, 250 GTO, RA272, and A220.
View attachment 1390759
That is an idea I've had in the back of my head myself, taking a bunch of race cars and race car replica's based on different series/era's, sort them into "pp brackets" and then randomly select a grid of said cars and see how it goes. Nice to see someone else thinking along similar lines.

I've also considered an idea inspired by a couple of DCS Youtube series called bandit unknown and dogfight everything, wherein I select a car, then randomly select opponents of varying PP levels (cars could be 500pp, could be 900 pp), setup an "endurance" race with tire wear(no fuel use due to the discrepancy between Race and Road car fuel usage), start at the back, and see how far I can climb up the order.

Last edited:
A proposal I've heard to reform the race car grouping is to use car type tags. For that purpose, I experimented using the Le Mans tag for this purpose, which appears to be primarily Gr.1 minus the VGTs, instead having the three "loophole" GT1s in Gr.2, the three oldies necessary for a PSN trophy, and a lone Gr.3 in F1 GTR '95.

All races are run at the tag's home track, La Sarthe, for 4 laps, with 6x tires, and no fuel wear, as well with grid start.

Without BoP enabled:
1727095702223.png

When I noticed the high population of Gr.1 cars, I decided to run it again with BoP enabled (and some grid shuffling). The result is:

1727097078342.png

In summary, the car tags by itself, at least the way it (at least, for the Le Mans tag) works right now wouldn't solve the car classing issue either. An idea I came up is dividing the Le Mans tag into one for prototypes and GTs, but that would just be reinventing the groups again unless you also divide them by era.

Last edited:
Hey folks. Iā€™m working on a plug n play career which combines the custom one I made with some new events. I realised when I got on the other week that, I just didnā€™t feel like going through the effort to set up an event for a fully custom event. At the moment Iā€™d rather just jump in and play.

And so this career is a bit shorter/stripped down and focused entirely on minimal set up. Pick a car, meet the PP and tyre regulations, set the track, and let the game populate the grid for you.

The only extra bit of management is the ECU/power limiter thing, but no management is required for making sure the AI donā€™t have your lower ECU percentage as itā€™s all random opponents or one-makes.

It is insane how much better GT7 is just by making it a grid start and slapping the boost on weak. Itā€™s not perfect, but it actually feels like a race. And while Iā€™d love a full career, I donā€™t always feel like setting it up. But also, I want that expanded career feel. So maybe this can scratch the itch for some folks! A mid-point between freeform races and committing to a full career/setting up an event with all the parameters (if you wanted to do the fully custom route for the custom career).

Hoping to have it out by Friday! Since I already have the events set up for stuff like endurances, itā€™s just a case of bringing those over and stripping them down a bit.

You start in a road car championship, and instead of points tracking, you must achieve a certain number of wins to move to the next league/series. The benefit here is thereā€™s less management, but it still has a sense of ā€œI need to get x number of wins otherwise I wonā€™t make itā€, like needing a certain number of points to finish a series at a certain position in the standings.

Iā€™ll likely add some themed events but it will be less dense than the custom career - though the high end motorsport events will still be full size, so to speak - but I removed some and focused on more mainstream events. So, basically, it takes less time to get there, but you still have progression and the later parts have a lot to sink your teeth into.

Also, I recently picked up a third project mentioned a year or two back - a Tokyo Xtreme Racer inspired career with rivals, teams, bosses, and win conditions emulating that series in a way which blends with GT7. Thatā€™s quite a big one so it will be some time until thatā€™s done. The recent announcement of a new TXR game sparked my active interest in it again, although I always like to be working on something, so it works out for me in that sense, too.

Last edited:
What if WTC700 and WTC800 took place at BB Raceway?

Here's some custom event posters if they were in the game, they almost look legit right?:

WTC700_BBRaceway.png WTC800_BBRaceway.png

Not sure if this is right thread for this post, but I did mentioned that I made custom event posters so here I go, I have made more too.

WTC700BB.pngWTC800BB.png
WTC700 event has custom liveries which is not canon-accurate to the in-game ones

Edit: I posted these on my DeviantArt now!

Last edited:
Back