WSM - World Sportscar Masters - ~SEASON 2 DISCUSSION FROM PAGE 19~

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 416 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran some practice laps at Monza No Chicane last night in my lounge with a few friends.

I ran the Ferrari P4 and so did my buddy. Easily our favorite car but is hard to dial-in.

Regulations I ran were:
Low Slipstream
No Boost
Tire Wear ON
Real Grip
No Driving Aids
ABS on 1
Racing Hard Tires
Mechanical Damage on Light
No Penalties or False Start
Visible Damage ON

Car at 600pp was naturally aspirated with no turbo-charger and at 97% engine reduction

Top speeds of 178 at end of long straight, 186 in draft, 160's through first turn, had to let off throttle.

So, Furi.....Does all that sound good, as to what you had in mind for setting up regulations and what-not? And....are those lap times slow???

Lap times were 1:21 - 1:24
Pretty consistant at 1:22

Sounds reasonable. I have not turned a wheel myself, so I'll report my times.

Ok so I looked back at the OP and Heavy Damage, Real Grip, I know Weak Slipstream was discussed in another post too. But Racing Soft Tires are allowed and No Turbo. So have you decided on a regulation? I have suggested a few many times that 600pp will be great for these four cars without turbos. Also lets you decide on a little ballast or aero if you want to manipulate engine power. I am not using any added aero to keep my engine power as close to 100%, I have 97% power with no turbo and 467hp in the P4.

I did some practice yesterday with the mark IV 18 and 25 lap races to test fuel and tire wear. I was driving conservatively ( damage on heavy) lap times were 1:34 ish with slightly higher top speeds than the Ferrari's. Looking at a one stop race.

As for regulation it seems clear to me No modifications- your choice of tires. Or am I missing something?

I did some practice yesterday with the mark IV 18 and 25 lap races to test fuel and tire wear. I was driving conservatively ( damage on heavy) lap times were 1:34 ish with slightly higher top speeds than the Ferrari's. Looking at a one stop race.

As for regulation it seems clear to me No modifications- your choice of tires. Or am I missing something?

Ya well I'm just saying from extensive testing that these cars are pretty much all at 600pp untouched without turbo I believe, but I'm thinking (have to double check) that the Mark IV maxes at 600pp with full aero and turbo, Z06 Race Car 600pp with no aero and no turbo, XJ13 limit aero and no turbo to get 600pp & the Ferrari limited aero and no turbo. So to be technical....the Mark IV would have no chance. Furi.....testing really needs to be done ultimately by you with this considered to reach a regulation. I definitly feel hp & kg regulations will be a horrible choice and that 600pp will be the way to go with the stipulation of no added turbo except for the Mark IV (if my memory serves me right)....??

And to note CC was hitting 1:34 in a Mark IV with Racing Softs and I was hitting 1:21 in a P4 with Racing Hards

I was running on racing hard and medium tires. I have aero maxed out on the Mark IV, other than that I haven't touched it, no modifications or even suspension adjustments, other than an oil change. I am getting, if I remember correctly ~530 hp and am at ~616 pp.

I was running on racing hard and medium tires. I have aero maxed out on the Mark IV, other than that I haven't touched it, no modifications or even suspension adjustments, other than an oil change. I am getting, if I remember correctly ~530 hp and am at ~616 pp.

Ya see, my point full aero and at 616 pp. So this leads me to believe that your car is fully broken in. Well my alternative to 600pp is 620pp for broken in cars up to spec. I personally don't care if my car is at 600pp with no turbo in a regulated room at 620pp. Just like the Corvette, its underrated on paper but we know what it can do on a straight-away.

Compare:

Mark IV with no turbo and full aero is at 616pp
Ferrari P4 with no turbo and no aero is at 600pp but with full aero is at 620pp

Now you see what I mean?

@kenkwilinski I'm not sure I get your point? Why do we need to set a pp limit? Everyone can tune their cars as they wish, just not modify them.

btw 1:21 is fast. Are you cutting the chicanes at all to get that? Either way I am impressed.

No not at all cutting any chicane, and btw the track is Monza No Chicane (but really only has one true chicane) so idk if thats the difference in our time (one chicane more if you are doing standard Monza) but if not then left unmodified the P4 out runs the Mark IV by a lot. I believe a pp limit will limit power to my car for example and aero to the corvette and gt40, but leave the stipulatation no mods & no turbos. It will just even the field out more, at 600pp the most I believe.

Other things to note:

Max Speeds at Le Sarthe No Chicane:

Z06 Race Car: 230mph
Ferrari P4 Race Car: 236mph
Mark IV Race Car: 220mph
Jaguar XJ13 Race Car: 225mph

these speeds obtained left unmodified with no turbo

I can confirm that I'm not going to enter for the same reasons as why I quit from the V8 Challenge and IROC series.

Hmmm I will carry out testing. Good points raised by all but I do want as little restrictions as possible. But I will investigate.

Just did a quick test with the Mark IV, xj 13, 330p4, and Chap. 2d on rm tires one out lap one hot all were between 1:35 and 1:38. For what it is worth.

Just did a quick test with the Mark IV, xj 13, 330p4, and Chap. 2d on rm tires one out lap one hot all were between 1:35 and 1:38. For what it is worth.

I guess I really have my car dialed in. You are doing Monza No Chicane? I did the 1:21 on RH and was sliding in the corners, so with RS I'll carry more speed in the corners, thus lowering my lap times and this was also at 97% engine reduction, no turbo, no aero at 600pp & 467hp. Are you tuning your brakes, lsd, and suspension? That is allowed as it already comes with the car.

And BTW the 2D isn't on the car list for this series, though I wouldn't mind if it was.

Not tuning, not sliding. How is your tire wear? If I slide the car around I eat up my tires. (And eventually a wall :ouch:) I agree with you on the 2d. It is the easiest of these cars to drive aggressively. I can get 36 laps on a tank in the Mark IV, medium tires I can stretch to about 30 laps.

Not tuning, not sliding. How is your tire wear? If I slide the car around I eat up my tires. (And eventually a wall :ouch:) I agree with you on the 2d. It is the easiest of these cars to drive aggressively. I can get 36 laps on a tank in the Mark IV, medium tires I can stretch to about 30 laps.

This Monza no chicane.

Well, you are allowed to tune suspension and lsd so give that a try. And on hard tires my tire wear was great even with sliding, I also feel if I put on RS they will grip more with less slide thus giving me even better tire wear. Other than fuel mileage, I should be able to hang out for 20-25laps. Should be a one stop race.

MAJOR EDIT:

OK...so there was a break-through......I am stupid LOL bc the 1:21 was in a SuperGT car LOL, I guess I had a brain-fart. But anyways, I was running 1:31-1:34 in my P4

I'll take the Gulf Ford GT40. :)

Now what would 7 pm BST be in New York, 2 pm?

I'll be showing up. I just don't know what car I'll be in yet.

It'll be either the Ford Mark IV or the XJ13, I'll decide tomorrow before the lounge opens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back