You learn something new... - Cars you didn't know existed, until now!

• Thread starter Rue
  • 6,207 comments
-> ...
No, Pontiac never made a GTO wagon. That's a Pontiac Tempest which the GTO was based on. Someone (not Pontiac) gave that wagon a GTO conversion.

WHAT?! ..and now I'm disappointed. Thanks anyway...
^ There some small companies that converts these wagons into GTO wagons in OEM gloriousness! I saw one of these converted wagons at Barrett-Jackson couple of years ago. ;)

image.jpg

Trident has built the fastest diesel sports car in the world. Apparently

The flagship ‘Iceni' boasts a top speed in excess of over 190mph, the ability to run for 2000 miles on a single tank of mineral or bio-diesel fuel, and has capacity for at least TWO SUITCASES!

Using something called ‘torque multiplication technology', Trident says has managed to improve performance and economy. Trident doesn't explain what torque multiplication technology actually is, or how it works. We suspect it may be a 'gearbox'.

Trident also boasts the Iceni - which will start at a competitive £96,000 - features 'over 39 bespoke components'. What's the rest of the car made of?
http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/ten-things-we-learned-this-week-2014-05-02

I am a II fan but I kinda like that test more. Very euro looking but has a taste of the Fox notch in it.
I agree it's one of the better ones but my lord Ford had some weird ideas for the Mustang II:

01_S-16184-2_Mustang_II.jpg
02_S-16184-16_Mustang_II.jpg

I also think it looks way better than the production Mustang II. But to me, almost anything does. I think the Pontiac Aztec looks nicer than the Mustang II.

I think it was to close to the 71-73 production models with the updated front end.

The coupe version of the II looks terrible I must admit, but in the right hands the II can look quite good IMO. I think that car is an acquired taste though. I'll be honest, I used to hate that car more than anything in the world. But now I see it as one of the last "classic" Mustangs before the Fox updated everything into something more modern.

3646646198_05a284e8a4.jpg

A longer wheelbase DEFINITELY helps looks though.

I think it was to close to the 71-73 production models with the updated front end.

The coupe version of the II looks terrible I must admit, but in the right hands the II can look quite good IMO. I think that car is an acquired taste though. I'll be honest, I used to hate that car more than anything in the world. But now I see it as one of the last "classic" Mustangs before the Fox updated everything into something more modern.

View attachment 153081

A longer wheelbase DEFINITELY helps looks though.
It looks rather awkward at that angle for some reason...

I didn't know that dodge made commemorative editions of the Dodge SRT cars until recently. I like the stripes.
2050525.003.1M.jpg

05SRT10dsfrt.jpg

image_large.php

3 other special edition Vipers:

Viper ACR Nurburgring Edition
Dodge-Viper-SRT10-ACR-Nurburgring.jpg

Viper VCA Edition
44197492.jpg

VOL 9 Edition
FL0113-143165_1.jpg

and now the Viper is really giving me the Porsche 911/Ford Mustang vibe with all of these special editions.

I guess it's a bit recent, but I never heard of it, and it hasn't exactly received too much attention. I never even realized how new it was.

Back