SixAxis Championship Thread - Finished.

• Thread starter Jack
  • 940 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought about this as well...I decided that I would just have faith in the other drivers honor and respect. But even then, you can have scenarios where positions swap .001 before the clock runs out and the race is suddenly over. So good question either way. 💡

Hopefully having the race stewards in close attendance will help clear up any confusions regarding end-of-race positions.

I guess if everyone is very spread out at the end of the race, it could be more important for the stewards to hang back and see who takes the final position as this round is more about avoiding disqualification than winning.

Kinda like the first F1 qualifying session on a Saturday :)

All the best
Maz

i'm getting lowish 2:19's on standard setup. just about to try DC setups.

DC setup only saved me 1second, good job maz getting into the 17's!

Last edited:
I would like to propose a time for group 3 race:
Canada Ontario province 1PM Saturday according to that clock:

http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_CA-ON.aspx

It will be 7PM in Poland; 7PM in Croatia; 6PM? in England and 3AM in Japan so no Japanese players should drive...

The reason I post it in here not via PM is that a player from Croatia does not replay for our PMs.
Me and Subie-Dude from Canada already raced twice as a training so it is possible ;-) (I won both times :P )

Further more if we will have 5 people (including stewards) race I propose to start racing immediately only changing position in Race #2 or 3 if there would always be the same host (host has pool position if all drivers have the same amount of points)

I would like to propose a time for group 3 race:
Canada Ontario province 1PM Saturday according to that clock:

http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_CA-ON.aspx

It will be 7PM in Poland; 7PM in Croatia; 6PM? in England and 3AM in Japan so no Japanese players should drive...

The reason I post it in here not via PM is that a player from Croatia does not replay for our PMs.
Me and Subie-Dude from Canada already raced twice as a training so it is possible ;-) (I won both times :P )

Further more if we will have 5 people (including stewards) race I propose to start racing immediately only changing position in Race #2 or 3 if there would always be the same host (host has pool position if all drivers have the same amount of points)

Saturday 1pm EST -5 GMT is ok with me.
Tonight I'll practice, sharpen up this TT to more my style, it's too bad the final drive is locked/fixed and no torque distribution:yuck: does AUDI not have any torque distribution system?? ...give me my DCCD like the Subies:sly:

Group 6 might be a easy decider :lol: ( I havent practiced or played on GT5P in a week)

Can I ask what practice times everyone is getting? :)👍

Hello all, been a few hectic days for me, hopefully i can begin to give a bit more attention to this event, my apologies if you have been waiting for replies via pm or in here.

The following is where i believe we stand with information i have received, Jack may be able to add more to this.

GROUP 1
GTP_Delfino - AU (PAL)(D5S)
TwoBigPaws - AU (PAL)(D4B)
GTP_GSTAR74 - DE (PAL NTSC J)(D4S)

As of yet no pm's regarding race date's or times, get a move on guys, thankyou.

GROUP 2
GTP_D.Holland - AU (PAL)(D1G)
HUGHS1E - GB (PAL)
GTP_Gadbury - GB (PAL)(D2S)
GTP_varconv - ES (PAL)(D2B)

I believe Saturday is when this group are due to race, i know the times but not posting here.

GROUP 3
crorastafa - HR (NTSC-J)
Lotrzyna - PL (NTSC-J)
Subie-Dude - CA (NTSC J)

Again another race taking part on Saturday, possibly just between Lotrzyna and Subie-Dude as crorastafa as not responded to pm's or in this thread

GROUP 4
SpawnBlack - GB (PAL) - Not sure if he can take part. Internet problems.
GTP_Grim_Reaper - GB (PAL)(D1B)
GTP_Profi - DE (PAL)(D3S)
marchi-91 - AU (PAL)
Zetec-ss- GB (PAL)

Time sorted just no date as of yet.

GROUP 5
EL_Zissou (NTSC U)
GTP_ElColombiano - CO (NTSC U)(D2B)
timeattack07gt - US (NTSC U)
snake/gt - US (NTSC U)

Congratulations on this group completing their event,
Race 1 1st timeattack07gt 2nd EL_Zissou 3rd snake/gt GTP_ElColombaino DNS
Race 2 1st timeattack07gt 2nd EL_Zissou 3rd snake/gt GTP_ElColombiano DNS
Race 3 1st EL_Zissou 2nd snake/gt GTP_ElColombiano and timeattack07gt DNS

Positions
1 EL_Zissou 7points
2 timeattack07gt 6points
3 snake/gt 4poijnts
4 GTP_ElColombiano 0points

Group 5 drivers who progress to next round

EL_Zissou
timeattack07gt
snake/gt

GROUP 6
GTP_Fujiwara-kun - GB (PAL)(D4G)
GTP_Synwraith - GB (PAL)(D2B)
Belifant - CH (PAL)
GTP_rpm - GB (PAL)(D1B)

Races to be completed on Sunday

GROUP 7
GTP_Marky264 (PAL)(D2G)
Paolopepper - GB (PAL)(D3S)
RetriSearain - IT (PAL)
MilkieDJ - GB (PAL)

No race details supplied, times running out guys.

GROUP 8
JonesyGT246 - US (NTSC U)
rofajole - US (NTSC-U)
GTP_gitSehT - CA (NTSC U)

Another group with no race details

GROUP 9
GTP_SteveO1965 - GB (PAL)
GTP_RUMBLERIDER - GB (PAL)(D4B)
GTP_NEIL_1980 - GB (PAL)(D4G)
GTP_Marooned - EG (PAL)

Event completed, players to progress

GTP_NEIL_1980
GTP_SteveO1965
GTP_Marooned

Hopefully more information will be provided that Jack as received, if not get a move on people

Last edited:
PRIZE ALERT PRIZE ALERT

Not a stage event just a random time trial thrown in, open only for 48 hours, not sending any pm's out to notify people, only those that have come in to read this thread will see this, obviously only for the SixAxis Championship registered racers.

highspeedringfwdyh6.gif

2002966409450165926_rs.jpg

Start Date 22 November 00:30
Finish Date 24 November 00:30

Race Details:
* Mode: Arcade
* Physics: Professional
* Track: High Speed Ring
* Make: Japan > Nissan
* Model: Skyline Coupe Tuned
* Drive Train: FR

Vehicle Specifics:
* Driving Aids: Optional
* Transmission: Optional
* Tyre Type: S2/S2
* In-Race RA Functions: Optional (if available)

Race Specifics:
* The track boundary for this Time Trial is the edge of the track.
* The use of the wheel is prohibited.

Standard Clean OLR Rules:
* 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with (when airborne)) the track at all times
* rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
* run-off areas are not part of the track
* no contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
* if you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
* no hybrids
* no cheating of any kind
* nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
* save your ghost replay

Lap Time Submission:

* the deadline for the prize alert is Monday 24th November 00:30amGMT

Winning time will be verified to make sure all rules/regs are followed.
Prize on offer, if winner is NTSC U/J a copy of GT5Prologue PAL version, if winner is PAL you'll get something else​

Last edited:
GROUP 4
SpawnBlack - GB (PAL) - Not sure if he can take part. Internet problems.
GTP_Grim_Reaper - GB (PAL)(D1B)
GTP_Profi - DE (PAL)(D3S)
marchi-91 - AU (PAL)
Zetec-ss- GB (PAL)

No race details provided as of yet, again try to sort this guys, thankyou.
everybody is ready to go, just deciding on a date now, the time has been sorted so it suits everyone.

Hello all, been a few hectic days for me, hopefully i can begin to give a bit more attention to this event, my apologies if you have been waiting for replies via pm or in here.

The following is where i believe we stand with information i have received, Jack may be able to add more to this.

GROUP 9
GTP_RUMBLERIDER - GB (PAL)(D4B)
GTP_Marooned - EG (PAL)

Waiting to hear if this group completed their races this evening

Hopefully more information will be provided that Jack as received, if not get a move on people

Group 9 have finished.

Going through are.

GTP_Marooned - EG (PAL)

lol Good luck 👍
thank you :) , what happens if in the unlikely event you are punted by a group racer/random racer?

also how did you guys set up the starting positions for all 3 races.

we are thinking of letting GT5P randomize it and when all the other racers depart to race at 0:00, we just move to the highest possible grid available.

i.e if its a race with 6 ppl in

1,2,3,4,5,6 and racers 2 and 4 are randoms

1 will stay in p1, 3 will move to p2, 5 will move to p3 and 6 will move to p4.

Last edited:
thank you :) , what happens if in the unlikely event you are punted by a group racer/random racer?

You will have 2 stewards following you throughout the race, and starting 30 seconds behind you should avoid any other racer.

your race starts 30 seconds after the main race and as you will probably know by now the Audi TT is a bit slow to most cars racing at Suzuka 650pp, so you should only meet fellow racers in your group or the odd vegatable who hasn't a clue what they are doing, so it's up to you to avoid them.

ok cool, and is my starting grid theory ok? ^^ in the post i posted above

I do not see why not, most No Mercy events which require you to move off grid due to a delayed start, then require you to retake your positions in the same order as the game inserted you

ok cool, and is my starting grid theory ok? ^^ in the post i posted above

If 4 of you are starting you will all take turns at 1st 2nd 3rd 4th, the steward of the race will determine who starts where, after the pack as gone by you will all take your allocated grid positions.

If 4 of you are starting you will all take turns at 1st 2nd 3rd 4th, the steward of the race will determine who starts where, after the pack as gone by you will all take your allocated grid positions.

ok cool, how was your race man? congratulations! any tight racing? or did people just hold their position for 5laps and not much action?

ok cool, how was your race man? congratulations! any tight racing? or did people just hold their position for 5laps and not much action?

The racing was tight but one mistake and thats it you prey the guy in your group will also make a mistake? there is no holding if you want to make the next round, i qualified for the next round thank God, i hated Suzuka in the TT, plenty of action lol, but remember it must be clean.

Nice lap Holl01...you certainly have a great command of the 6-axis! 👍

I'll post my TT set-up for Suzuka ASAP...my best being a 1:16.728. I've been working with a driver to come up with a quick tune, but can't share it at this point. Sorry! :ill:

Absolutely great idea of coming up with the High Speed Ring time trial...I need something to work on, as my group has already finished racing. :) If there's one thing I could really use it would be a PAL disc! I've really been missing out on a lot of PAL action of late :nervous:. I'll be putting in some work this weekend...hopefully it will pay off. :cheers: I have next to no experience at the HSR, so I hope I don't fail miserably lol.

Edit: I'd also like to thank LinPark for being the steward in our race, and also all of the organizers of this event for putting in such effort to create and organize such an event. :bowdown:

Last edited:
knew this would happen, i cant compete in my group race due to start in 1.5 hours, going out to play poker with some mates

knew this would happen, i cant compete in my group race due to start in 1.5 hours, going out to play poker with some mates

Sorry to hear that, not so sure everone feels that way though, you must be abnormal, always seem to be at top of any leaderboard, have not seen you on track in race conditions and would imagine i would only see you at start of a race before your gone, btw nice video of your time trial, all the best especially with your amazing runs in the IFTC events.

Another question as our group (4) has not yet raced stage2:

What do we do if not all of us get into the race at the appointed time?

Do we retry five minutes later or so ?

I ask this because we will not have the possibilty to talk to each other if something happens (besides PS3 messages).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back