My day at gamescom (stalking the GT booth and taking requests)

• Thread starter alba
  • 188 comments
Maybe my question was written earlier, or maybe not.
With all this exitment about new collision physics (I love them already!) damage modelling (nice thing, but the new collision physics are more important to me)...

No one seems to tell nothing about the picture quality. Many threats have been made about the jaggieness in GT5 Prologue, so how are things doing with the GT5 demo?
Does PD boosted AA?
Since you are going there, have a closer look on the car please!

Maybe my question was written earlier, or maybe not.
With all this exitment about new collision physics (I love them already!) damage modelling (nice thing, but the new collision physics are more important to me)...

No one seems to tell nothing about the picture quality. Many threats have been made about the jaggieness in GT5 Prologue, so how are things doing with the GT5 demo?
Does PD boosted AA?
Since you are going there, have a closer look on the car please!

Dont know where i did read it. But according to multiple game sites the jaggies, lack of AA, and screen tearing problems are still there.

Dont know if you've gone already, but It would be nice to know how the draft effect is. Wondering if its like the over embellished draft tunnel from before.

You'd probably be there now but if your not then could you do one of the Arcade menu please.

Or a replay showing how the AI drives. Thanks

I would like to see a video of the menu screen - to see what all is going on it the background. We haven't seen a lot of footage of that yet.

Yes, please ask one of the PD staff or Sony reps about the total vehicle and track count - be sure to mention the Japanese list that was taken down, as that might receive and answer that will end all the confusion. :sly:

Gee... maybe he did try to steal a PS3... tell us what it's like in a Cologne jail!! :dopey:

Okay, but seriously, he's probably processing his video right now. I'd ask that you post some text impressions here while we wait for video. A thousand words is worth a picture, you know.

Yes, and then you could post here what is your YouTube channel (if you do upload them to yt), so it would be easier for us to find your recordings from the forest of the same video with different titles :D

I'm back, I almost wanted to steal one pspgo because it just looked too good to stay there, just the wifi on my iphone went nuts and I wasn't able to keep online to post stuff. I've played the "limited" gt5 demo about 50+ times I believe and I spent like 6hours at the GT booth lol, they knew me pretty well by the end and I also go a nice GT keychains that they wouldn't let me have but I was persuasive enough to finally get one :P (stupid dude made me go to this girl who made me go back to the same dude, anyway). All the sony people there were clueless about GT so that's a shame... and my god 90% of the people trying out the gt5 demo have no clue how to use reverse by holding triangle and pushing gas, fun times I was there showing everyone that haha also for all the playthroughs I had i always had to reset the settings to put the racing line back on and the difficulty on normal and put all the assits back in basically :P

Anyway I recorded the intro video of gt psp (played that quite a lot too) and got lots of screenshots, for the gt5 demo i couldn't take any videos... i didn't want to take videos of the other guys playing there since they were all hitting the walls like nuts and not knowing what to do and when I was sitting there in the seat waiting to record my own replay i had people in my back starting to be annoyed, shame.

I'll post a little report and pictures in a sec, i just need to clear the blurry ones and pick the decent ones and so on... let me know the precise questions I remembered a few of people questions about both GT5 and GTpsp and I think i'll be able to answer a few. The GT5 demo was really limited, you could only drive the impreza and there is only Tokyo r246 for the track selection along with a 2mins time limit.

I had lots of fun, saw the private demo of Modern Warfare 2 behind close doors after a huuuuuge line and it was so worth it, the game's badass! :D

Physics and force feedback was great imo, you could feel the some of the bumps on tokyo pretty well, at least I did. I gathered a little group around me by the end, I was about to finish the demo at the 1st place, was second and taking over the first and almost at the last turn when the demo timer ran out, goddamnit!

gt_booth_audi_02.jpg

The Audi with the wheel and stuff and car force feedback is fun except they had prologue running on that one on suzuka with 16 cars on!

You can't win a race, the best i did was last turn in the second lap and I ran out of time in the timer, bummed!

I'm uploading the only decent pictures I have here: (sorry the camera was **** lol)
http://albator.eu/gamescom/

I totally forgot about the booth babes, they were are lunch and then when they came back i forgot to take pictures, damnit I'm ashamed :(

Cool, why the put the screen that far away for the AUDI.. screen is too small to be that far away.. it should be right outside the glass!
By the way, cant wait for more pics and info, and questions answered. thanks

How about, are the physics different? Better or worse?

My impression is that there is only 1 type of physics... so is there still Standard and Pro physics?

Physics are slightly improvements from GT5p I'd say since this build would be somekind of hybrid in between GT5P - early GT5 imo.

Standard/Professional
Driving line on/off
Tire settings
the regular assists like in GT5P

The first thing i did when I drove the demo for the first time is to go in race options and remove everything and put it on professional with default tire, the game was all in german though so I know the menus by heart so that wasn't too hard but the names were funny XD

And the new build of the AI how was it. Did you fish tail the cars? did they fish tail you?

I did fish tail one and they seem to get the pressure and do some faults, the tire smoke is in this build and it looks great in motion! :D

yes they are the same, i spent like 10 mins trying to get a clear picture out of the gt psp to make sure I had all the icons because the gt psp build is complete and all the icons are colored as in the gt5 build only the arcade mode is lightened up.

oh right bit important thing, the gamescom gt5 build ONLY HAS ARCADE MODE so that means a lot :P (sure you can change settings but it's arcade mode so)

I played lots of GTpsp and it's awesome (all assists off and pro mode) and I played chamonix with the impreza, nurburg with the veyron, r246 with the ruf yellow bird 86' (yes ruf are in GT psp so they'll most likely be in gt5 as well) and tested the countach on the test course XD

It feels really good, I was playing it on the psp go and playing with the dpad, I hate playing psp with the stick it just feels weird and the graphics are really nice, cockpits are quite simple and a little obstructive for my taste so I just prefered to play with the bumper cam, the list of tracks is quite impressive, I also played cote d'azur with the veyron now that I think of it XD

looking forward for the GT PSP pics and intro vid :D:tup:

and about the cockpits, are they plain black just like in the videos or do they have some detail that escaped our eyes? =P

How were the sounds compared to GT5:P, or was it to difficult to hear?

that was the only thing I was sad about, I used my iphone headphones for GT PSP on the go so I could ear **** properly but on the gt5 build i couldn't hear **** the music was too loud, I looked around the hdtv to plug my headphones but the cable wasn't long enough XD

Back