My day at gamescom (stalking the GT booth and taking requests)

• Thread starter alba
  • 188 comments
oh right bit important thing, the gamescom gt5 build ONLY HAS ARCADE MODE so that means a lot :P (sure you can change settings but it's arcade mode so)
Only the car you're driving so the impreza, demo was pretty limited in context. But it didn't hold me back to keep coming back and playing and playing and playing and just enjoying it, by the end I was just doing time trial and overtaking, not taking any damage :P

That was the first thing I did when I got there, 180° turn and then driving backwards hitting the ford rally car and boom getting hit by everyone afterwards with some nice smoke trails going but... no damage to others cars, just your own sadly :embarrassed:
I just wanted to quote this because it seems like a number of people are skipping to the end of the thread and miss this.

Great job, alba. 👍

As an owner of a G25 and DF GT both, personally I think the only thing you're missing between the two is the clutch pedal on the G25 and slightly firmer FFB feel. But for those afraid that the DF GT is cheaped out, not hardly. It's an excellent wheel.

Oh for the guy who asked about GT PSP cars not having colors. Basically they do have colors but the way they implanted that is really weird, instead of picking up a car and choosing the color, they offer you (from the manufacturer screen) all their cars in different colors so let's say you have a nissan 350z you'll have 5 of them displayed first one in white, next blue, next orange, next black etc which is a lame way to do it but at least now you know you got coloring in gt psp, just in a weird way!

I really hope that that isn't how they are going to count cars... 5 different colors is 5 different cars to make 1000... I highly doubt it but I have seen worse in the past...

No, there are a few! (Countach is there and murcielago too, if i'm not mistaken) I just wish i could remember which ones XD I played with the veyron most of the time :embarrassed:
Anyway, i'm off to bed now and I'll try to answer whatever question you may have by then and have the gt psp intro fixed and uploaded somewhere :)

I really hope that that isn't how they are going to count cars... 5 different colors is 5 different cars to make 1000... I highly doubt it but I have seen worse in the past...
No no, it just makes the car listing from each brand a bit wider but it doesn't count as a single car, you have one model with various colors but it counts as one, the brands listing in gtpsp is quite long and you got tons of them (the polyphony digital f1's are in there) you got aftermarket brands (mine's, nismo, amuse, etc...) and Bugatti, RUF, Lamborghini, ... and a lot of other ones I can't remember with very specific cars too but I didn't write it down, I wanted to but didn't have the time sorry ;o

Updated my little folder, shame i got so many blurry pics out of this, I'll buy a new digicam for next year and i'll be there the 3 days, I wish i could like get a press pass under gtplanet or something, that'd be awesome haha :D

Anyway, here it is: http://albator.eu/gamescom/

Last edited:
No, there are a few! (Countach is there and murcielago too, if i'm not mistaken) I just wish i could remember which ones XD I played with the veyron most of the time :embarrassed:
Anyway, i'm off to bed now and I'll try to answer whatever question you may have by then and have the gt psp intro fixed and uploaded somewhere :)

Other than the pressure you can kinda put on them if you stay a bit behind much, nothing dramatic over GT5p as I've said a few times already, still

GT5:
gt5_02.jpg

Arcade mode - Online Mode - Dealer - License Tests - Profiles - GT Theater - Options - Manuals

No i'm sorry, it's quite a lot... I had nothing to take notes and my cam wouldn't make any decent pictures even videos and i didn't want to do that on my iphone for every tracks it'd have taken ages. Let's just say there are loooots of tracks and lots of variations of some of them.

about icon... is not license test but GT mode... you can see very well in this video....
http://multiplayer.it/video/gran-tu...rismo-5-gt-5-videoanteprima-gamescom-2009.lo/

by multiplayer.it...
they also told that there will be an interview with kazunory available in few days and they told also that the PD programmer promise will render gt5 in truly 1080p...

Last edited:
Other than the pressure you can kinda put on them if you stay a bit behind much, nothing dramatic over GT5p as I've said a few times already, still

GT5:
gt5_02.jpg

Arcade mode - Online Mode - Dealer - License Tests - Profiles - GT Theater - Options - Manuals

No i'm sorry, it's quite a lot... I had nothing to take notes and my cam wouldn't make any decent pictures even videos and i didn't want to do that on my iphone for every tracks it'd have taken ages. Let's just say there are loooots of tracks and lots of variations of some of them.

No GT Mode???

EDIT: sorry, there is...

Last edited:
Thanks alba, a whole lot, I can only dream of gamescom, but you brought it to me. And one question about GTMobile,

Was it hard to drive ,or was it easy enough, or what?

That´s awesome. Gameplay impressions from someone that actually knows the game. I was getting tired of casuals talking BS on some ramdom websites.

Let me split between PSP and PS3:

About GT PSP:

I was going to ask about extra models on the Lamborghini front, and you already asnwered that. Good to here there are some, but my biggest concern: any Race car Lambo?

On this particular subject, any sights of Maseratis, Dauer or Gemballa models? (the last two i don´t know if PD can use them to replace Porsche).

You said you tried the Veyron. Any other Bugatti´s in there? (like the legendary EB110). You also played with a RUF, any other model different from the ones we´ve seen on GT4?

I ask those questions because GT4 had 719 cars, and GT PSP has 800+, so they added a bunch.

-----------------------

GT5

I´m a little surprised that nobody asked you to compare the handling of the car with the stock Impreza WRX that we have in prologue. This is the first glimpse we get of a Race car, so, how different is it? GT4 was known for having understeering on almost every car, speacially the rally ones. How was it on that regard. Is the Rally Impreza significantly different than the normal and tuned cars we´ve driven so far?

Small crashes will cause mechanichal damage or only the crazy ones that should result in a DNF?

Anyway, i ask a lot, but i know you can´t remember everything. Just thanks for your time and for sharing the joy with us.👍

No GT Mode???

My bad, it is in, it has everything with the little icons! My mistake xD
I remember the list was huge for gt psp with some I've never seen before so yeah, there were like all the ones from gt4 and some new ones so, I made some pictures of that but it's way too blurry to actually see anything which is sad :(

Thanks a lot for the reports alba :)

Too bad you forgot the booth babes :( ;)

Did head to head collision look nice on replay ?:)

Any report on Diablo 3 ? Did you play it ? PM me if that is too big OT for ops.

Oh and please post blurry photos too.

Great work, and thanks for all the heads up.
I cant wait for GT PSP :D, but something that hasnt been cleared up all the way, I dont know if you had time to check, but does it incoporate anything other then arcade mode and the licence or mission's people were talking about through the E3. I will still buy the game either way, but even if it is a handheld id sort of be a little dissapointed if there were no sense of accomplishement through some more in depth gameplay, wheter this be a GT mode or ALOT of missions.

Great job alba!

I'm glad you had fun!

If you go back tomorrow [if there is a tomorrow for GamesCom], please ask about rain and night races if you didn't already. :D

By the way, I like your avatar - a Chibi Captain Harlock!

I bet you are surprised anyone would know that. :sly:

Back