The Tuning Garage Challenge 2.0 Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Jetboy.
  • 417 comments
Like I said, that's with shoddy driving Greycap. ;) I'm getting a lot of practice in today to get myself back up to speed. :cool:

*added bit* It was most definitely my shoddy driving, already below that time you posted Greycap and still have another second or so of improvement as I'm getting my braking points back into line. ;) I should be looking at sub-1.50 without too much of a worry. :cool:

Not to mention, you and Leo are the masters of GVS. :D

Last edited:
Dear dear dear, just gets worse for me here doesn't it? Bought a new/used slim and a copy of "GT4". What in fact has happened is I am returning the console tomorrow because it will not read ANY discs, and the copy of "GT4" has a wonderful word underneath. That word is Prologue. In a GT4 box. Ah well, hoping to get a console that works eventually, and hopefully my old disc will work in the next replacement console.

Dear dear dear, just gets worse for me here doesn't it? Bought a new/used slim and a copy of "GT4". What in fact has happened is I am returning the console tomorrow because it will not read ANY discs, and the copy of "GT4" has a wonderful word underneath. That word is Prologue. In a GT4 box. Ah well, hoping to get a console that works eventually, and hopefully my old disc will work in the next replacement console.

Gasp. You found GT4P.

Keep eet.

Hey I is it cool to come in over weight, just alittle? It will be your gain my loss! If not back to the board!

Yeah that's what I thought, I wanted to sure about that! it is for sure! Just wanted to not bring the same things to the table again! When does this start again? I want to be fully there and not to bring junk! I will however bring a knife to a gunfight though!

I reckon so.

As long as WPR is OVER 2.0 you're fine. So technically you could enter a Kei car.

You can be over the 2.0, shoman. ;) New season starts on Sunday, January 3rd.

Cheers,
Corey

Hmm...O.K., I've been away for a while due to the stress of the holidays, but let me get this all together now:

1) The next series will be called "The Tuning Garage Challenge 2.0" and will start up on 1/3/2010?

2) All of the cars will have WPR's of 2.0 or higher, run on R1's and must be able to be bought (No Concept Cars), right? Or do you have to get permission to use certain cars (Like, say, the Pontiac Solsitce Coupe Concept or the Acura HSC)?

3)To top it off there will a seperate "Privateer Class" for people who aren't affiliated with a Tuning Garage and want to compete with cars of they're own creation, correct?

Sorry if i'm being thorough about all of this, but i want to compete in the Privateer Class (If there is one) with MIKEY BE and i need to know the particulars of the series and such...

If there isn't going to be a Privateer Division, then i'll be open for driving for anyone who offers.

Hmm...O.K., I've been away for a while due to the stress of the holidays, but let me get this all together now:

1) The next series will be called "The Tuning Garage Challenge 2.0" and will start up on 1/3/2010?
Correct.
2) All of the cars will have WPR's of 2.0 or higher, run on R1's and must be able to be bought (No Concept Cars), right? Or do you have to get permission to use certain cars (Like, say, the Pontiac Solsitce Coupe Concept or the Acura HSC)?
Also correct. Certain cars, such as the Viper GTSR and the Suzuki GSXR4 have a serious performance advantage over normal vehicles. The Suzuki is the LM-Car Killer; the Viper with superior downforce values. Also, the Opera S2000 is not ellegible for its inhuman grip, as the R390 GT1 and the NSX LM Road Car for their amazing downforce.

However: If there's a concept car you really want to try out for competition, and it (as in this comp) exists in your or your proprietor's garage, you can ask and I will weigh if there's a specific vehicular advantage. I see personally no issues with the aforementioned Solstice or the Acura.
3)To top it off there will a seperate "Privateer Class" for people who aren't affiliated with a Tuning Garage and want to compete with cars of they're own creation, correct?
Not correct. You can pick a garage to run with as last time, just your points will be allocated differently. ;)
Sorry if i'm being thorough about all of this, but i want to compete in the Privateer Class (If there is one) with MIKEY BE and i need to know the particulars of the series and such...

If there isn't going to be a Privateer Division, then i'll be open for driving for anyone who offers.
Hey it's good to be informed, and I'm glad you asked. 👍

Cheers,
Jetboy

Well, this season's done and I'm already vamping up the new season here and adjusting what needs to be.

What a race.. Mini Equine=Speedy Stalion :lol: Meanwhile, Grey gets me by two measely points in the final standings, and both of us were beat by TheStig13 to the tune of mere thousandths of a second. What a kick in the ass. :D Good stuff, hope the next one is just as good. Meanwhile, credit for my garage taking it was Austin, not only just for sticking in the series, but also being such an excellent performer. Is The Stig your uncle? :lol:

Cheers,
Jetboy

Oh, and you all have 4 days to get the next cars in order. Better get snappin'. ;)

Last edited:
Can u has foot up butt? :sly::lol: He already asked for built not bought! ;)
:lol: Well, it's said in the rules that he can ask about certain cars and I'd weigh them out. In this case, the Cien generates twice the downforce of anything we'll come up with and therefore, is a performance ditchomy. No go.

Cheers,
Jetboy

That's one I have to mull over. It's more bought than built, which I'm against, but has the downforce disadvantage. Not sure yet.

Cheers
Corey

This next tuning car challenge looks like fun, are there any garages looking for an extra driver? ;)

Speaking impartially, I really think that you have to disallow it. It doesn't say that it has downforce, but the handling of the car and its cornering speeds clearly indicate that the wing is greatly assisting it. Basically, the downforce that the wing generates is "hidden" but most assuredly present.

Speaking impartially, I really think that you have to disallow it. It doesn't say that it has downforce, but the handling of the car and its cornering speeds clearly indicate that the wing is greatly assisting it. Basically, the downforce that the wing generates is "hidden" but most assuredly present.
I was weighing on that too, but didn't want anyone to cry foul on the matter. In my own testing, it was running right with my cars. But, as it's already pre-tuned, I'm going to off it. Sorry Nenad.
I can offer you a monkey suit to wear. :sly:
Hired gun! Hired gun!! :lol:

Well, I'll offer not work and worry but guts and glory (or at least guts knowing the handling characteristics of what I'm going to field) to anybody nuts enough to drive for MFT. And remember, if the BMW was good enough to top the entire non-alien field in my mortal hands, what can a far better tune do when there is a truly competent driver behind the wheel? Excitement guaranteed or we'll return your money.

In my opinion, tuner cars shouldn't be allowed. It takes the fun out of the competition to tune a car based on an already tuned car.

In my opinion, tuner cars shouldn't be allowed. It takes the fun out of the competition to tune a car based on an already tuned car.
Yeah, effectively they're pretty much phased out as it is. :lol: Good to see you back Codename.

Cheers,
Jetboy

Thanks, Jetboy. 👍 Hopefully I will take a part in this. I have three days left to find a good car and tune it, so I will try to do my best.

My own attempts at trying to tune a Spyker C8 Laviolette for 2.0 were nothing short of laughable, incompetent and I was basically clueless as to where to even begin!!!
weeping.gif

I'll be eagerly awaiting the entrants in post #1 to cast my eye over before I make a decision on who to drive for.
JHoS's FPV is looking pretty tidy up there on it's own though. 👍

I've already said I'll not drive for RVV this time, no disrespect to RJ, but I'd like to leave on a winning note and I'm eager to try out someone else's ride for the 2.0.
I'd also like not to drive another BMW, as I'm all about variety in GT4 and it's there in abundance. 👍

It'd be nice to ensure that there was more even spread of drivers across the teams in terms of numbers this time too. RVV & MFT seemed to outnumber everyone else by themselves in the first few races, while AMMT, ECT & MCG only ever seemed to manage 1 driver each, and JHoS ran consistently with 2.
Perhaps we should figure out who out of the garage owners will be driving for each team, and then assign the "hired guns" to fill in the gaps where garages are short of numbers. 💡 Although this does rest on the assumption that everyone at least tries to compete each week, and hopefully the 3-way points structure will level things out so that everyone's fighting someone for something every week.
boxing.gif
fight.gif

:D

Back