The Tuning Garage Challenge 2.0 Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Jetboy.
  • 417 comments
Drive a classic good sir!

Oky, the 2002 goes back in the garage. Just saying, just saying.

I doth chose my words poorly. :guilty: I meant to say that I will purchase said cars in the garage and do only what is allowed in the spec sheets.

Last edited:
So, I'm vamping up now for TGC 2.0 and wondering who's in for the next run? If I play this right, we can catch 2.0 on the tail end of the initial one here (And it's been a rather amazing run if I say so myself).

Cheers,
Jetboy

I would compete, definitely as a driver and possibly as a tuner (with Smallhorses).
Hate to compete truly against you. :scared: Would help though if I picked a car with a proper tune for once. :lol: The Shelby... That was an on the fly pick that I thought I did more on. And I didn't. :ouch:

Cheers
Corey

In no way do I mean that as a slight against the car; it's very good, although the base car is, too. It's just that Smallhorses and I would prefer to have to tune our own cars rather than taking advantage of other tuners' work. Plus, we would get to use cars that are unique, instead of ones like the M5 and Shelby that are really pretty predictable choices.

Would love to run again. Feel free to put me with any garage so that all the tuners have at least two drivers.

Well, who do you plan to run with? Based on your post in the Week 5 thread, I'm guessing MFT?

Cheers
Corey

I'm down..... Just need to know the power to weight, and some good tuning, and a better driver than myself..... I needed to plan better than I did with this one, I thought I had car's already in there that matched, but my luck there wasn't a dang thing I could do about it!

Debating using R1's for better grip, or really separate the boys from the men and the men from the nomex-wearing aliens by sticking with the S3 package. :lol:

I'd like to see more, s3 stuff... I've been liking it a lot more without race tires! It just seems like better racing..... can't wait for the next one to kick off..... Or make 2 classes, for the one's that want to do race tires.... I'd do both, but would really like the S3 or something like that...just no N3 or the likes please!

With 500+ horsepower cars?? You're mental. :P Remember that I want this to be user-friendly, not completely frustrating. I did the whole no-holds-barred, N-tires racing series a year or two back; you missed out. ;)

Cheers,
Corey

If 2.0 goes ahead I will endeavour to put in a serious entry. The BMW has been (for me) one of the most enjoyable cars to drive around a circuit, but its obvious lack of pace makes it the Minardi of the field, sans easy handling for learners. So yeah, getting ready for 2.0!

Well, who do you plan to run with? Based on your post in the Week 5 thread, I'm guessing MFT?

Cheers
Corey

Just happy to run. I'll hold out for the best offer. The garage that doesn't make me sweep the floor and pay them the least amount of vig. No seriously. Anybody. You guys see how it plays out.

Well, I'd kindly have to ask you to pick a garage whose works serve you best, so i can count you in for garage points. ;) Privateers like yourself can't exactly have free-for-alls, or god knows what would happen :lol:

Cheers,
Jetboy

Debating using R1's for better grip, or really separate the boys from the men and the men from the nomex-wearing aliens by sticking with the S3 package. :lol:

I say stick with S3s although 200+mph worth of car is more than a bit much for them :lol:

Well, I'd kindly have to ask you to pick a garage whose works serve you best, so i can count you in for garage points. ;) Privateers like yourself can't exactly have free-for-alls, or god knows what would happen :lol:
Cheers,
Jetboy

Never one to create havoc. Just thought that some garage might want to make sure that they have their two. Still new to all this. Sorry for any confusion I may have created.

Since RVV has left Smallhorses holding the ball, the Garages standings have shifted a bit; JHoS with a runaway victory, and MFT pulling a rabbit out of the hat and shifting into second place by just a point. As far as individual points are concerned, we enter the last race with a few separate rivalries hoping to have the last say in a rather heated competition. Will it be Smallhorses or Austin? Can a certain vaunted Jetboy come from behind and pull a ruse on our beloved remaining Flying Finn? How much more bold text will I use?? :lol: Who knows... Stay tuned, TGC has entered the Final Round. :D

Cheers,
Corey

P.S.: Congrats to Nick for the amazing victory. 👍

Since RVV has left Smallhorses holding the ball, the Garages standings have shifted a bit; JHoS with a runaway victory, and MFT pulling a rabbit out of the hat and shifting into second place by just a point. As far as individual points are concerned, we enter the last race with a few separate rivalries hoping to have the last say in a rather heated competition. Will it be Smallhorses or Austin? Can a certain vaunted Jetboy come from behind and pull a ruse on our beloved remaining Flying Finn? How much more bold text will I use?? :lol: Who knows... Stay tuned, TGC has entered the Final Round. :D

Cheers,
Corey

And oldmodelt just glad he got some points. :)

Stupid ? Please fill me in on the Where is Leo? Stuff.

He was a tuner for MFT! He got banned... So the tuner's wanted to know where is was.... So we are using the tombstone..as a remembering him!

Back