The Tuning Garage Challenge 2.0 Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Jetboy.
  • 417 comments
He was a tuner for MFT! He got banned... So the tuner's wanted to know where is was.... So we are using the tombstone..as a remembering him!

Thought so. But I was probably looking for the wrong moniker under the banned thread. Thanks.

It was never logged into banned user log, for reasons that are unknown to me as well. But that is in the past, I don't wish to roll in it and pity myself, but start a new, better career here.. Although it might be hard to surpass the feats I achieved with my previous account. Anyways, I'm pretty much out of chances in the current tuner challenge, thus, I shall deliver a broadside attack in the next version.. :mischievous:

Come on guys..... You have to bring not sing it! Anyway! we need a longer one next time! I was just more chance's for me to suck it up and come in last some more! And I have run some more, but the pits are getting to me! The car is just piggy, and the gearing is wrong! I could just kick myself in the backside....!

And have newer, more interesting regulations? I am thinking a BBC here.

I'd also like to see another way of choosing the tracks. Maybe we should make a poll and choose between 10-12 tracks. 👍

I liked the tracks, we ran.... They were not the common tracks everybody would think to put into comp! I would have liked to see more though! But maybe 2.0 would see better everything!👍:) I can't wait for it to hit...

I'd also like to see another way of choosing the tracks. Maybe we should make a poll and choose between 10-12 tracks. 👍

Maybe 2.0 will be in the "Long Race Series"-Section? ;)

And have newer, more interesting regulations? I am thinking a BBC here.

I liked the tracks, we ran.... They were not the common tracks everybody would think to put into comp! I would have liked to see more though! But maybe 2.0 would see better everything!👍:) I can't wait for it to hit...
Don't just ask, men, you're a part of this as well! Suggest. ;) A poll with the tracks listed could be arranged. Now, I will say this much: I'm going into the Air Force around February or March, which really doesn't give me much time to play with unless I hand it off to someone to take care of for me once I'm gone. :indiff: Dunno, we have a little over two weeks to get it together.

Cheers,
Jetboy

I'm curious about if the cars to be tuned for 2.0 should have a PWR of 2.8 aswell? :confused: Or do you play something else? If you already know what PWR you want, tell us now, so that we can start tuning. :)

facepalm.gif

Nenad... Why do you think it's called 2.0? :lol:

Cheers,
Corey

Because the PWR stays the same... Ugh, right. Hm... Tyres will stay the same, too, then, but can we have 2 different classes? 💡

Tires are swapping to R1's, other than that, same rules apply as before. I'm thinking of making a Garage-Owner's and Privateer's Class.

Cheers,
Corey

Only 2 weeks until this begins? 2.0 PWR car with R1 tyres?
Hmmm, not sure if I'll actually have time to work on a tuning garage of my own (and actually learn about tuning!!!) in that period.
Depends on whether Austin343 is still interested in collaborating or not.

If not then I'll throw my name back in the hat as a driver for the next challenge, though since I've already driven for RVV, I'd like to try something else next time. Esatezza looks interesting if Mark & Marc are going to rustle something up, MFT is always worth a look and JHoS has come flying out of the traps.

Maybe we could make things interesting by making all guest drivers switch teams for the next round?

It'd be nice to see a little more committment from the garage owners next time too, there was a lot of participation in week 1, then people suddenly seemed to lose interest if they didn't view themselves as fast and dropped out. :indiff:
Can you imagine how dull F1, Indy, NASCAR, BTCC or any other race series would be if the teams in the mid-pack suddenly decided to quit because they weren't getting regular podium places? Imagine what F1 would've been without Force India's story at Spa this year if they'd looked at their first few qualifiers & races and decided to pull the plug? :(
Pick a guy who is close to you in times and make it your goal to be faster than him, even if you finish bottom of the table but your scrapping to the death for that final 1/1000th, that's what racing's all about! :bowdown:

Can you imagine how dull F1, Indy, NASCAR, BTCC or any other race series would be if the teams in the mid-pack suddenly decided to quit because they weren't getting regular podium places? Imagine what F1 would've been without Force India's story at Spa this year if they'd looked at their first few qualifiers & races and decided to pull the plug? :(
Pick a guy who is close to you in times and make it your goal to be faster than him, even if you finish bottom of the table but your scrapping to the death for that final 1/1000th, that's what racing's all about! :bowdown:

True this. My strength is in making cars easy to drive quickly; driving them quickly is something I fail miserably at.

I'd have kept at it if my placing would've helped any but thanks to the rules as they were written I was doing nought.

Maybe we could make things interesting by making all guest drivers switch teams for the next round?

Maybe we could make things interesting if everyone drove everyone's car, or at least some people did. To be honest, in a tuning challenge, tunes should be the important thing, not times. I couldn't enter last time, sadly. I know I would have put effort onto whatever car I would have thought to enter, but just seeing some incredible drivers (like I know Austin343 is) "scares" some people (not me, I can cope with a loss).

Maybe we could make things interesting if everyone drove everyone's car, or at least some people did. To be honest, in a tuning challenge, tunes should be the important thing, not times. I couldn't enter last time, sadly. I know I would have put effort onto whatever car I would have thought to enter, but just seeing some incredible drivers (like I know Austin343 is) "scares" some people (not me, I can cope with a loss).
In theory, I'd love to. In actuation, it's a fail. While all of us using RVV's M5 would prove it's superiority as a tune, it doesn't act as a showcase of everyone's tuning ability. Plus it's just dreadful boring thinking of nearly a whole field of the same car with maybe one or two stragglers opting for the odd ride out. Finally, with a week between races, finding the best car (out of, say, 14) would take so much testing that you never really get proper seat time with a good car to learn it's quirks. Personally I'm against it, but since this is the Discussion Thread, that's exactly what were going to do. ;)

Cheers,
Corey

Damn, if we have a fortnight, this is going to be close. Not only does my GT4 disc no longer work, last night my PS2 packed it in! Send donations to La...... no, only joking. Going to see where I can get PS2s cheap, and a GT4 disc as well.

Be VERY VERY SCARED people. GME is joining the party this time around, and has just created the QUICKEST & FASTEST car that the monkeys have EVER put out, so much so that I'm semi-scared from driving it!! :lol: Now these progress times are using S3 tyres!

0-100km/h: 3.44sec!
0-160km/h: 6.28sec!!
1/4 Mile: 10.859 @ 220km/h!!! :eek:
Top Speed: 330km/h!!!!

GVS Time of 1.52.482!!!!! :eek:

And then I just read that it's on R1 tyres!! Oh you boys are in BIG trouble, watch those times tumble even further. :mischievous:

Judging by the GVS Time compared to the 1/4 mile time... I'm interested to see which car is it, actually.

Last edited:
Let's just say that lap was.....slow. :sly: Looking at the replay I can easily shave another second off just from better driving skills by myself, I was pathetically bad after the tunnel. :embarrassed: I'm just getting back into testing my own cars and driving other circuits after a huge hiatus and basically living at Motegi East with TCv5 cars. :lol:

And then I still have to fit the R1's onto the car and test it with the current setup. 👍

GVS Time of 1.52.482!!!!! :eek:

And then I just read that it's on R1 tyres!! Oh you boys are in BIG trouble, watch those times tumble even further. :mischievous:

Seeing that I drove the M3 with its 2.8 PWR to 1'51,432 I have a differing opinion about who's in big trouble here. :P

Back