The Tuning Garage Challenge 2.0 Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Jetboy.
  • 417 comments
Yup, that's about nailed it Cougar23. Occasionally we'll use bits of track that weren't legal in WRS, but it's usually very clear in post #1 of the weekly thread what's expected. 2 tyres on track/rumble strip at all times and no barrier or wall contact whatsoever.

Given that Cougar23 is volunteering for ECT, I think I'll have to go with JHoS this time. That FPV looks entertaining still. That is unless Austin343 is planning on staying on the books there. Not that I wouldn't want him as a team-mate, I just think it's better for rivalry & racing if we're in different cars. What do you think Austin? There's still the possibility of declared releases from GME, RVV & whoever Codename L is currently employed by, but I'll make my decision based on yours.

Last edited:
I'm torn between Jetboy.'s Corvette and MFT's Spirra. I would be tempted by AMN's NSX, but I don't have to drive it to believe that there is little doubt that it will be the fastest car here, simply by virtue of the base car's capabilities - and I'm not interested in simply taking the fastest car available.

Had to make a quick change of cars! My driver couldn't get the Cobra R on PAL!

I could get the Cobra R, but not the 10 km/6.2 mile car, which meant it was about 30hp lower than it should have been.

It looks as though Codename L may be driving for RVV this time around.

Vehicles to come tomorrow.

Edit: Or is it tonight at midnight I need to have the cars out by?

Don't worry good mate! I been playing with cars all night and day! I have a car that is faster than my Cobra R! I'll pm you it to you! Nevermind the pm from today! Sorry man I misunderstood! Let's get it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I could get the Cobra R, but not the 10 km/6.2 mile car, which meant it was about 30hp lower than it should have been.

Last edited:
Updated Post #296 with what seems to be current grid info.
Looks like things are filling in nicely. Don't mean to intrude here, but I find info compiled like this makes it easier to know who is driving for who at a glance.

I'd like to get tomorrow to finish buttoning up the M5 and possibly screwing together an alternate car for tighter tracks if possible.

-Awaits reply from Jetboy-

I'm launching the first event tonight and I can't stay long, I'll get some questions filled out tomorrow, which gives you a little leeway time to get everything done. I'd say by 12 pm tomorrow GMT-5 everything better be taken care of. :P

Cheers,
Corey

I suppose that if I have to decide, I'll join Jetboy. and use the Corvette. It looks like a very fun car and should make for close racing.

:cheers: Austin343! Can't wait to lock horns on the track again! 👍
That goes for everyone, and I get the feeling that it's going to be tighter this time round! :drool:

I'm going to opt for the keys that Greycap threw me, as his post was the first one after I offered my services again, and MFT have an MR car that fits what I said I wanted to try out.

Good luck everybody, I come prepared this time.... I'll see if it helps!

I will be driving for RVV, if nobody minds. 👍

Good luck people, this is gonna be fun! :mischievous:

Sorry I'm late but I'm suffering from a HUGE case of sunburn. I worked from 6am-5pm and yeah, should've slip, slop, slapped a bit better so I had collapsed on the bed from sunstroke by 6pm. :ouch: You seriously don't want to feel the pain I'm in. :(

Cars will be up momentarily. I'm just writing the cars VERY VERY SLOWLY from the amount of sunburn on my body. :(

I'm launching the first event tonight and I can't stay long, I'll get some questions filled out tomorrow, which gives you a little leeway time to get everything done. I'd say by 12 pm tomorrow GMT-5 everything better be taken care of. :P

Cheers,
Corey

Wait so by this you meant 7 minutes ago, no?

Seems everyone's a bit late here. Midnight?

The PWR has been known for 19 days, most of which was time off from work and/or school for us all, and now people want more time to perfect the cars when even the first course selection is already public meaning that they can tailor the cars at least to that course to ensure maximum points? Developing completely new cars when still having to devote time to racing in the original challenge wasn't easy but we managed it. Being late is being late, it's not like the rest of us weren't in a hurry to get all things in order when the deadline was finally confirmed on December 30th.

Last edited:
You seriously don't want to feel the pain I'm in. :(

You are right. I don't want to feel the pain you are in. However, just by reading it I can imagine, and by experiencing a horrible, horrible sunburn in my legs...

Cars will be up momentarily. I'm just writing the cars VERY VERY SLOWLY from the amount of sunburn on my body. :(

Ouch...

The PWR has been known for 19 days, most of which was time off from work and/or school for us all, and now people want more time to perfect the cars when even the first course selection is already public meaning that they can tailor the cars at least to that course to ensure maximum points? Being late is being late, it's not like the rest of us weren't in a hurry to get things in order when the deadline was finally confirmed.

True.

My car is ready but if others are getting more time then I'm going to take more as well.

Edit: And technically the deadline is just "today" not a given time today, which is what seems to be causing the confusion.

I'd say by 12 pm tomorrow GMT-5 everything better be taken care of.

This to me means that the train left the station 50 minutes ago.

The car has to be pre-existing within their garage prior to this competition starting (Sunday January 3rd).]

And this to me means that the car has to be pre-existing before Sunday January 3rd... in other words, it had to be there on Saturday GMT-5.

This to me means that the train left the station 50 minutes ago.

And this to me means that the car has to be pre-existing before Sunday January 3rd... in other words, it had to be there on Saturday GMT-5.

Seems I'm good either way then.

Right here man! I suck at driving, and could use all the help I can get!

I find it that between the 2 cars, Mmy Cobra R is fast on the first part of the track! The Skyline seems to own the mustang the second half.... huh!

Is anyone looking a driver:tup:

Last edited:
Back