The Tuning Garage Challenge 2.0 Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Jetboy.
  • 417 comments
This is probably a stupid ? Are we allowed to discuss our lap times with our host garage via pm?

I believe so. I did it for one of the races in TGC 2.8 with the RVV drivers.
It's just that you're not to declare laptimes publically at all.

Edited quotes from the original Tuning Garage Challenge Week 2 Thread:

I was wondering if we're allowed to discuss our laptimes privately with other members of the teams that we're driving for to assist each other with improving our laptimes?

As far as discussion of laps between teammates. I don't see any issue with this at all. As far as "Manufacturers" points are concerned, it can be very beneficial.

Last edited:
At this point I should probably thank Smallhorses for volunteering to find out just how much more can be squeezed out of my cars, I assume at least a second compared to me driving. So thanks! 👍 Be careful out there though, I think I heard the familiar noise of an axe being sharpened in the dark corner of the garage.

My ego may need to go out incognito for a while after this showdown.
paperbag.gif

I hate this turn at the tunnel, or make the tunnel wider! Other than that! I'm waiting for that MFT car too pop up, so I can see the spilts

I'm not gonna lie, I am more worried about Austin343 and Smallhorses than what I can do.

I thought the cars were due the 4th! I guess ECT's gonna be a one-horse team then.

SVX
Would it be alright for me to join?
Absolutely.

This is probably a stupid ? Are we allowed to discuss our lap times with our host garage via pm?
Smallhorses covered this well, which I have to say thanks. Also I have to throw in a thanks for the continual running of who's doing what for this "silly season", to borrow the term from NASCAR. 👍

Cheers,
Jetboy

Rotary Junkie
If that's true then I'm bolting something together before midnight... >_>

Sorry, can't let you RJ. Seems inconsistant, but see below.

Before anyone throws a fit I asked if the car was done bofore the deadline 9 hours ago and he confirmed. I'm posing the same question to GME as apparently mcsqueegy knows something that the rest of us don't. :lol: Makes me seem weak but really, I think it was a little unfair how quickly we (and that includes myself, explanation after this) were bombed with the info.

I needed this enough time to launch this and for it to complete before I ship off for Basic Training for the Air Force (sometime around Mid-February or Early March), and I truly apologize for how hectec the last week or so has been. Seeing how TGC 1 ended with only seven people and 6 of them being regulars, I think we can share the desire for the most people possible competing as possible. ;)

Thanks,
Corey

Last edited:
Yeah Mafs had a few things come up apparently but his cars were done so let him get them up :P

Edit: That and it's Mafs. My M5 needs mobile chicanes.

Last edited:
Sorry. Fell prey to what I have advised noobs not to do. Abandon the search button. On a lighter note. I'd like to thank the tuners for giving us drivers an enviable job. Running around in these great cars without having to figure out the nuts and bolts of them. It is quite a feat to be able to take the stock model and literally shave off tons of time.

And offer to buy you guys pizza if you ever get to my hometown someday.

I probably won't be able to run in this series this time guys. Among other things, the fact i don't have a capture card to take photos of my Full Replay times, plus the stresses of trying to run two different race series at the same time (Along with my waning interest in GT in general) pretty much put paid to any serious thoughts about competing.:indiff:

On the plus side, if this series sticks around for a another season or two, i would LOVE to start up my own tuning garage and compete with Y'all!:sly:

I probably won't be able to run in this series this time guys. Among other things, the fact i don't have a capture card to take photos of my Full Replay times, plus the stresses of trying to run two different race series at the same time (Along with my waning interest in GT in general) pretty much put paid to any serious thoughts about competing.:indiff:

On the plus side, if this series sticks around for a another season or two, i would LOVE to start up my own tuning garage and compete with Y'all!:sly:
Sorry to see you go man, but understood. 👍 I'm not sure, unless someone takes over, will there be anymore TGC's since my departure from the real world in general coming in the next month or so. :(

Cheers,
Corey

Whoah. Hold on a sec here...What's a capture card? More importantly, how exactly do we give you (jetboy) our time and split's. Don't we just jot down our split's and take a photo of our fastest lap at the menu screen thing? I'm just a little confused at the moment. I hope you understand. I've never done anything like this except the V8 supercars series and then we just PM'ed our times to the runner of the series.

Cheers, Cougar23

Whoah. Hold on a sec here...What's a capture card? More importantly, how exactly do we give you (jetboy) our time and split's. Don't we just jot down our split's and take a photo of our fastest lap at the menu screen thing? I'm just a little confused at the moment. I hope you understand. I've never done anything like this except the V8 supercars series and then we just PM'ed our times to the runner of the series.

Cheers, Cougar23
This one's an honour system deal. Your final time, for this case, I'll make a quick example, will be PM'ed to me as so:
PM Title: TGC Week One Time

T1: 23.854
T2: 45.749
Lap: 1'07.394
Team/Garage: MFT
Privateer/Owner: Privateer

If you win, in most cases photoproof of the winner is acceptable but not mandatory. It's a courtesy deal. However, if you're posting stupid fast lap times that no one can match, and there's suspician, best proof possible will be desired. Maxdrive is the best possible, but if not.. If you have a camera with recording function and host the video, or, picture proof/detailed rundown of lap events. If you are suspected of cheating or cannot prove your fast time, the time is DQ'd, just as in the WRS. As I say it, why cheat folks. You're driving imaginary cars on an imaginary track and posting times online for no purpose other than to compete for no personal gain. :lol:

Hope it helps you out man, glad you're playing.

Cheers
Corey

Cheers Jetboy. 👍 That cleared it up for me. Just like you said...what is the point of cheating? You's have to be a sure lowlife to do that when there is clearly no prize for winning except to say you beat ten other guys in imaginary cars, on imaginary tracks like you said.

I haven't had a chance to test ECT's two cars fully yet but I will try to do so in the morning. 'Tis a hard choice: Light speedster or powerful (but heavy) Vanquish. I'll decide in the morning.

Good Luck Evryone. 👍

Cheers, Cougar23

Sorry to say this guys but I've got to pull out. My DFGT is playing games with me because the accelerator stays on even after I lift my foot of the pedal :( I may be back in the next round if I can get it going again but..if I can't... Good Luck Everyone.

Cougar23

Oh yes..... I've had the same problem, here's what you do!

Take the back of the pedals, off and clean right around there. There is mostlikely hair and whatnot in there! Mine was the brake, it took me 3 or 4 tries, to get it cleaned. Just something is stuck in there!

Sorry to say this guys but I've got to pull out. My DFGT is playing games with me because the accelerator stays on even after I lift my foot of the pedal :( I may be back in the next round if I can get it going again but..if I can't... Good Luck Everyone.

Cougar23

That's what I thought when it first started happening. I'm a bit wary about taking the pedals apart because I've heard the back can be hard to get back on. Do you know anything about this ? Anyway I might try using an air gun connected to a compresser to try to blow it out without taking the pedals apart. Paddycars said to unplug the DFGT from the PS2 and plug it in again but I've already tryed that and it done zilch....
Which leads me to be almost certain it's just some gunk stuck in there.

Sorry for the off-topic chat Jetboy.

Cheers, Cougar23

Yeah, I done what Paddycars told you to do! I have to due mine evey once in a while! I taken mine apart 3 to 4 times, it's not that hard....just need to put everything back to right way! See if blowing it out will help, however it might work, for alittle bit!

That's what I thought when it first started happening. I'm a bit wary about taking the pedals apart because I've heard the back can be hard to get back on. Do you know anything about this ? Anyway I might try using an air gun connected to a compresser to try to blow it out without taking the pedals apart. Paddycars said to unplug the DFGT from the PS2 and plug it in again but I've already tryed that and it done zilch....
Which leads me to be almost certain it's just some gunk stuck in there.

Sorry for the off-topic chat Jetboy.

Cheers, Cougar23

Strangely my DFP has broken internally twice (once from normal wear and once from user force created by frustration at said normal wear failure) but I've not once had issues with the pedals.

And yet they're in the worst area evar.

I've done my DFP pedals, my original blue DF pedals, EDK's DFP pedals and juana b.'s DFP pedals more times than I feel like counting! It's really easy and nothing to be scared of.

There's some good pictures in this thread so you should take a look.

The most important thing is to make sure the tab on the bottom of the potentiometer is fitted snugly back into the slot below it so that it doesn't move, or it won't be able to find it's "zero" position properly and hence it gives the flickery or sticky readings.

Here's a couple of posts from SFGTP4 thread to show you what I found:

My Post

EDK's reply! :lol:

Thanks for your tips guys. It's pretty windy and raining here and since I'll be pulling it apart in the shed (not full enclosed) I might wait 'till tomorrow to pull it apart. I tell you how it goes.

I gave the game another shot with the controller and I suck. Big Time. It ads about another 10 seconds on my lap because I can't keep the car on the road. :lol: It just feels so un-natural after driving with a DFGT. I wasn't completely comfortable with the aston or opel to begin with and now driving with a DS2 Is plain humiliating. :lol: Both cars are meant to be driven differently to my style of driving which adds to the problem.

If I get the DFGT going again before the deadline I'll be back but If I can't I may skip TGC this time round due to my uncomfortableniss (Word copywrited by Cougar23) in both cars.

Good Luck Everyone. Cheers, Cougar23

Back