::::: World Super GT Championship | Round 1 | Results Pending :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 1,044 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im kinda new to this online thing but if you race at times that fit for me I would like to join the GT300 classes. But I wont be able to go online before Thursday. 18th feb.

Real (First) Name: Javier
Lives: florida,USA
Lives with: Me
Children / Pets: none
School: AIM
Work: Aviation Technician
1 interesting fact: 2005-07 Puerto Rico Road Racing Asosiation Time Attack champion TTF class.
Car history: 2000 Honda Civic(converted to track car)
2005 Toyota Camry(everyday slave)
Favorite motorsport: F1, do I need to say why?
When and how did you get into Gran Turismo: Since GT1
Real Life Racing Background: Look up^^, plus about 10 years of karting and some 5 of road racing under PRRA.

Stewards are working hard at the moment to make sure that everything is in place by thuesday or wednesday. Make sure that you read the OP from time to time, so that you do not miss important information. 👍

Last edited:
Real (First) Name: Nino
Lives with: parents
School: South lake
Work: None
1 interesting fact: may be young but im a great driver and skilled
Favorite motor-sport and why: BTCC. great racing and great cars
When and how did you get into Gran Turismo:got into GT1 from my dad i watched him for years then he started teaching me to drive at a young age.
real Life Racing Background:i have none yet but soon i will.
Car History: 2001 Galant 2.8 with KandN filter

GT300 is where id like to race. and not sure on the car yet. ill get one soon

Jav
Real (First) Name: Javier
Lives with: Me
School: AIM
Work: Aviation Technician
1 interesting fact: 2005-07 Puerto Rico Road Racing Asosiation Time Attack champion TTF class.
Car history: 2000 Honda Civic(converted to track car)
2005 Toyota Camry(everyday slave)
Favorite motorsport: F1, do I need to say why?
When and how did you get into Gran Turismo: Since GT1
Real Life Racing Background: Look up^^, plus about 10 years of karting and some 5 of road racing under PRRA.

This is not the way to sign-up for the championship.
What you have done, is a driver profile for drivers already on the official drivers list.

If you read the OP, the very first words say: "Sign-ups OPEN! - PM me for inquiries!" (Masi_23)

Before you sign up, I suggest that you read the OP (post 1-4) carefully.

WSGTC Steward
Denilson/chorda

Important observation and question.

From another series (with extremely good drivers) it has been concluded that a privat lobby has less grip than an public lobby. Tires also take longer time to heat up in a private lobby. Lap time difference is at least in the 0.5 sec range, first laps on colder tires, probably even bigger.

As we will hold seperate qualification sessions, to give the same conditions its very important that they will be held in the same type of lobby.

Question. Should the qualification sessions be held in a private or public lobby ??

This is not the way to sign-up for the championship.
What you have done, is a driver profile for drivers already on the official drivers list.

If you read the OP, the very first words say: "Sign-ups OPEN! - PM me for inquiries!" (Masi_23)

Before you sign up, I suggest that you read the OP (post 1-4) carefully.

WSGTC Steward
Denilson/chorda

Good point.

Is there a deadline for sending the PM.

Each driver can only use the same car for the entire championship. Is there a deadline for picking the car. If not, I suggest the car you use for your first qualifying session, thats the car you will have to use for the rest of the championship.

Important observation and question.

From another series (with extremely good drivers) it has been concluded that a privat lobby has less grip than an public lobby. Tires also take longer time to heat up in a private lobby. Lap time difference is at least in the 0.5 sec range, first laps on colder tires, probably even bigger.

As we will hold seperate qualification sessions, to give the same conditions its very important that they will be held in the same type of lobby.

Question. Should the qualification sessions be held in a private or public lobby ??

Think that the only difference are the RACE QUALITY LEVELS.

I Suggest OPEN LOUNGE - RACE QUALITY: VERY HIGH, CHAT QUALITY: VERY LOW , thats what I always use, and of course NOT fixed ownership.
Those settings mean --->less lag issues,---> grip almost as in offline PRACTICE MODE.

EDIT: I think that if You setup Your Private Lounge with the same settings it should be the same grip level as in Open Lounge.
Can You test it Johan? I have my sick kid here today so I can´t test. But I´m pretty sure that issue You had with Your friends
in the private lobby was only that the Race Quality level was probably set to "standard"(Recommende).

Last edited:
From another series (with extremely good drivers) it has been concluded that a privat lobby has less grip than an public lobby. Tires also take longer time to heat up in a private lobby.

It's true, tires will remain blueish even after the first 3-4 laps, I vote for all quali/races should be held in public lobbies with the appropiate settings: not fixed ownership/quality very high/mic off.

@ Vaga "It's true, tires will remain blueish even after the first 3-4 laps"

Is that so also when You setup Your own Lounge with Race Quality Very High? Please try it.
You maybe have it on Default ---> Standard(Recommended)

Since the race is held in an open lobby, I suggest the qualification also is.

Open lobby, very high, mic off (?), not fixed.

@ Masi_23: How about the mic? Do we need it?

The car of your choice for the first official qulification session will be your car for the season and can not be changed for any reason.

Since the race is held in an open lobby, I suggest the qualification also is.

Open lobby, very high, mic off (?), not fixed.

@ Masi_23: How about the mic? Do we need it?

The car of your choice for the first official qulification session will be your car for the season and can not be changed for any reason.

Yes, I think also thats the best setting, but I think that
the mic could be on very low, just for the question chaos
before the race.(at least the host could have) In the race they could be turn off by everyone, so they would not take up bandwith.

Just a quicky:

The new patch update is out on the 18th (RACE DAY). Does anyone know wht the patch will do?

EDIT:
Just read on gtp news someing about “Performance Points” that was in gt5p i didnt play the game so does any1 know what this is?

Last edited:
Just a quicky:

The new patch update is out on the 18th (RACE DAY). Does anyone know wht the patch will do?

EDIT:
Just read on gtp news someing about “Performance Points” that was in gt5p i didnt play the game so does any1 know what this is?
I had notice about that patch, is very interesting the "PP" probably will possible really balance the performance betweens the different cars.. ;) and finally see the real performance rating. With this new feature probably we will can upgrade more weight like in the real super gt championship..a ballast. Maybe will be better wait this patch before start the official WSGTC.

Argh, first quali is tonight? I need to practice D:

I can't make Wednesday so I have to qualify tonight, not turned a single lap yet, won't be able to until 7ish, quali is at 8, ffffff-

Because the patch is on race day, people should be prepared for things to go wrong. The staff will do their best to get everything running, but be prepared for it to take a little longer, and be a little messier than usual as we work with what COULD be an entirely new online system. At the very least the introduction of PP means we're going to have to work out what the new restrictions will need to be, on very short notice.

Beta Testing a new Countdown Clock made by asdfg11

Time to next Qualifying Session:

gen_img.php

im at work till late tonight so wont be able to do the live quali tonight but wednesday is all good for me!

I did a 2:07.383 in a race yesterday. My PB so far.

But there was a guy runing 2:06's.
I need to practice a bit more.

I was mostly managing about the same, low 2.07s. I managed one 2:06.3xx when almost everything came together in one lap. I could see 2:05s being possible with an epic drive.

This is with the Celica. I haven't tried the other cars and I probably won't. I likes my little silly car.

Is that so also when You setup Your own Lounge with Race Quality Very High? Please try it.
You maybe have it on Default ---> Standard(Recommended)

I'm pretty sure race quality settings don't have anything to do with tire grip or physics at all, simply put the highest the quality the smoother cars will move without jumping around because of the high data and packet size that is exchanged between lobby players provided they have an internet connection able to handle high upload speeds.

The downside is that if there are people with poor connection they will lag and jump around the track because their net speed is unable to match the other player.

Also I haven't tested it but I've read about some of the details missing in a low quality lobby like skidmarks, smoke and lights.

We need to test this with a full lobby to see which setting would be appropiate but from what I've seen so far the La Sarthe race, which I think was the only race set to very high in the pre-season, was the smoothest of them all. Unfortunately for some people it wasn't.

Did some car testing today and took the opportunity to test this too.

Used very high quality setting for both private and public lounge. I'm quite certain when I state that public lounge has more grip and lap times are around 0.5 sec faster.

Suggest we just go with Chordas proposal. Takes away all guesswork.

Cheers

I'm pretty sure race quality settings don't have anything to do with tire grip or physics at all, simply put the highest the quality the smoother cars will move without jumping around because of the high data and packet size that is exchanged between lobby players provided they have an internet connection able to handle high upload speeds.

The downside is that if there are people with poor connection they will lag and jump around the track because their net speed is unable to match the other player.

Also I haven't tested it but I've read about some of the details missing in a low quality lobby like skidmarks, smoke and lights.

We need to test this with a full lobby to see which setting would be appropiate but from what I've seen so far the La Sarthe race, which I think was the only race set to very high in the pre-season, was the smoothest of them all. Unfortunately for some people it wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back